HCA Corporate Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Found 111 reviews matching the search See all 1,673 reviews
Featured review
HCA Corporate selected this as a representative review
workplace review
Registered Emergency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2018
HCA as a company is an over all caring and wonderful company to work with. I worked at several HCA hospitals and would gladly go back to one. The workplace culture at each facility was somewhat different at each one but overall is one of caring and wanting to do the right thing for the patient and the staff.
I Love working for HCA. I have 10 years of experince with the company and would love to have the opportunity to work for the company again.
HIM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2019
On a typical day I would help my doctor E-sign, prep chart ,Email queries,scan and index the medical records. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the Doctors.
Very community and family based place to work.
Departmental Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMarch 28, 2019
HCA (Cypress Fairbanks) has been in the community helping people for over 50 years. I live in this community and love helping the people of the community in anyway possible, Be it by referring our facility and/or our services, to re commending the hospital has a whole.

I have had 3 grandchildren born @ this facility and would not recommend any other place.
Room for growth and advancement
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2019
Good company to work for. Room for advancement and growth. Many levels to this company. The thing I like is that the company has many divisions throughout the US.
Pros
advancement
Cons
management
Great Experience
Certified Medical Assistant (Float) (Current Employee) –  Houston TexasMarch 20, 2019
HCA Healthcare was a great experience for me. I appreciate them giving me the opportunity to work for their company. My coworkers and Doctors were amazing and very professional.
HCA - Work Environment Highly understand staff
Technical Support II Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2019
HCA - Work Environment Highly understand staff; other than that you have job security. This has change recently with the change of upper business management.

People are great to work with however with the workload, this causes a high stress along with becoming a burned out work environment.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Work load and the daily responsibility \ Understaff, Pay not great
Opportunities for growth
Medical imaging manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2019
Productive place to work with opportunities for growth. I was able to learn and improve my management skills. I benefited from quarterly administrative meetings focused on how each facility was performing.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Management jobs are few and far between
structure environment
Clinical Appeals Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2019
High energy and quick moving environment, required heavy use of research and analytical skills on daily cases to find errors in claims for insurance denials.
Enjoyed working at the clinic until HCA came and acquired our office.
MEDICAL OFFICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2019
Once HCA took over a lot of things changed with management. As an employee, we did not feel valued. Our voices felt as they were no longer important and/or taken into consideration.
Nurse leadership is basically nonexistent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2018
ACNO is in over his head. The CNO is unsupportive of the nursing and nurse managers. She has no real vision for nursing. Does not address the issues, but instead allows things to happen and enjoys the chaos.
Pros
Time off
Cons
No support
Lead by Example
Vice President of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2018
For the most part, my colleagues and staff live by my motto "Lead by example". I make it a point to live up to the company's mission statement as I embrace it personally and professionally.

The Executive Team is awesome!!!
Patients came first
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2018
The priority was that patients came first always, familys second and staff and physicans came third. The patients received wonderful care. Any complaint was handled right away by using the chain of command. Most complaints were delt with at the bedside.
Pros
Great care for patients
Cons
Understaffing
Very unorganized transition after purchase
Director of Revenue Analysis (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2018
I believe HCA is a fine company but they bought 7 hospitals at the same time and were not prepared to handle the task efficiently. It took 3 months to figure out our Dept was basically what they do out of Memphis. It was very stressful on my staff waiting and wondering what they’d be doing or if they still had a job.
Pros
Bonus plan
Cons
Inefficient communication
Poor work enviornment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2018
The physicians are great to work with, they truly care for the patients.
However, the company does not care for the employees. Office supervisor creates a very hostile work place.
It was productive and nice environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2018
I love going to work everyday I worked with great people.I was able to learn different parts of everyone jobs. I checked in patients helped with there paperwork.I really liked helping patients some was so nervous about there procedure.
Workplace enviroment
Discrepancy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2018
I make it a point to arrive on time, I am not one to make it a habit to come in late, my goal daily is to complete all task that is required of me. I make it a point to communicate with my fellow employees, communication is the key to a successful organization. I prefer a manager that does not micro manage, but it is willing to teach and help out when needed. The hardest part of any job is working with employees that do not pull their weight. The most enjoyable part of a job is knowing that you are appreciated.
Pros
Monthly bonus
Cons
Commute
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2018
Excellent learning opportunities. Fast pace workplace. Different field positions available. Flexible work schedule during the week. Productive work place.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short breaks
Interesting Company
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2018
Loved this job as well, like the communication between the team members, and management. Always met quotas , nice place to work.Communicated with insurance companies, Dr.'s , and patients.Liked verifying eligibility dates on the hospital claims.
Pros
easy jobs
Cons
always had productions to meet
Great company
Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2018
Great company to work for; however, scheduling and Work-Life Balance in my department needed improvement. Benefits, 401-K, stock options and paid time off are good.
Benefits
Cons
Scheduling and Work Life Balance
An awesome place to work
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2018
absolutely love my manager and coworkers and my doctor was awesome to work for. I enjoyed my job and love my job I wish we didn't have to part are separate ways.
Pros
Ate lunch like a family
Cons
In my building we had no where to eat out of the office
A typical day at work
Scanner, Indexer, (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2018
Prepping chart,scanning and indexing charts making our turn around time for the coders . boxing files and locate missing chart on a daily basic and shipping old chart out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight