HCA Corporate Employee Reviews in Irving, TX

Found 50 reviews matching the search See all 1,672 reviews
Featured review
HCA Corporate selected this as a representative review
workplace review
Registered Emergency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2018
HCA as a company is an over all caring and wonderful company to work with. I worked at several HCA hospitals and would gladly go back to one. The workplace culture at each facility was somewhat different at each one but overall is one of caring and wanting to do the right thing for the patient and the staff.
Easy to get along with my co-wrkrs great managers fast paced work
Customer Service Representative (Inbound Call Ctr (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 28, 2019
Loved my co-workers and other employees very friendly enjoyed working there in the fast-paced environment. The job entails sitting for long periods of time I would have appreciated more breaks because if we missed our assigned break times we couldn't get a break from the phones afterwards.
Pros
Easy going work environment and great Manager and Team Leads
Cons
Expensive health insurance premiums
decent
Sr. Staffing Professional (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 25, 2019
good compnay strict though

Software Used: Office 365, Active directory, Salesforce, Sage, Excel, Word, Exchange server email, Cisco teleconference
Very Supportive Supervisor
Customer Service /Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 13, 2019
But mgt micromanaged employees and had favorites. Was very unprofessional, and would acknowledge us like we were invisible, if you were not in the click.
poor managment
Perioperative Nurse (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Management is concerned with the wrong things. Cares more about the physicians than the nursing staff. Has a severe issue with getting need supplies on time.
company is ok
Underpayment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 8, 2018
larger company with micro management, learned a lot from training, culture is ok somewhat diverse, hardest part if management & employees, most enjoyable is what I've learned over the years
Pros
good company
Cons
management not so great
Promotions and growth
Coding support/document imaging (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 21, 2018
The company had a very high turnover w/ managers and employees. there wasn't room for growth in my tenure there and the only way I could advance was to resign and work for another company.
Great coworkers no advancement possibility
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 30, 2018
One of the best managers I’ve ever had, and great coworkers. There just isn’t any ability to for upward mobility or added responsibility unfortunately.
Easy to get along with Co-workers
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 27, 2018
You had your own desk and could work independently, there were few deadlines and you knew your job priorities at the beginning of the day and were not micro managed.
N/a
Medicaid Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 7, 2018
I do not want to leave a review. It has been over 10 years since I worked for at this place and really cannot remember too much. I missed some of the people I worked with and that's it. The pay was not great and learning was minimal.
Mostly easy work for uneducated individuals
Overpayment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 25, 2017
I enjoyed this job, for the most part, because it involved a lot of math, but my supervisor despised me because I asked too many questions. I asked for the most difficult account because my father taught me to take on challenging work. If I hadn't done that, I'd probably still be working there. I got Blue Cross/Blue Shield, which was completely incomprehensible to me. This resulted in all the questions, which my supervisor probably didn't have time to answer so she shunned me. Other than that, I loved the job.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
I took on more than I could handle
My experience at HCA
Medicaid Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 23, 2017
HCA is a large revenue cycle company that I worked for twice. Both times I was working in the Medicaid Department. I loved working for HCA but I had to move back home to help my dad in east Texas when I left HCA due to my mother passed away. HCA is a very structured company and made sure that we were up to date with the CMS guidelines and education classes pertaining to our job.
Pros
bonus
Cons
no promotions
Under the same HCA Umbrella
Document Imaging Team Lead - Irving, TX (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 5, 2017
Very nice place to work. Wealth of knowledge to be had. Very good learning environment.

There are a lot of opportunities for someone to start out there.
Pros
Very welcoming
Cons
Depends on person, not all have the same cons.
unstable environment
Clinical Appeals Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 13, 2017
you had people that would go on break and drink or do drugs and then come back in to work. The supv. finally caught on to three of them. Make sure you know the position before you say yes.
Pros
good pay
Cons
stressful
ok work environment
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 9, 2017
growth oriented company. very competitive in marketplace. strong talent throughout the organization. fair compensation and benefits. opportunity for growth.
Productive and great place to work
Medicaid Team-Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 7, 2017
What I learned at Hca I learned how the system worked from the beginning to the end. Billing, collections, posting. It was fast past, training, getting things done. I enjoyed the way all departments worked together to get a job done. Great team Work.
Pros
na
Cons
na
would not recommend
Clinical Appeals Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 16, 2016
New senior leadership getting pushing out seasoned employees leaving a company of new and non-trained employees trying to run the company. Turnover is now too high.
Great
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 25, 2016
great company. horrible raise/Pay scale and all they care about is getting more physicians and making them happy. just do your work and you will get your annual raise and keep your job. transferring within the company is fairly easy too. The pay again is the worst when it comes to job hopping or taking a promotion. be cautious when making career decisions.
Hca
LVN (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 11, 2016
Up to date on all current technology and offers training for all. Education assistance, advancement available. Good working hours. Secure work environment.
Pros
Work from Home
work from home available
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 4, 2016
these are typical back office job with opportunity to work from home in the collections, appeals, underpays and logging departments.
Bad place to work
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 8, 2015
Management only want bodies at work. Do not care about employee's just want bodies at work. Have to put in 30 day notice to be off one day, not a family friendly environment, micromanage and a very high turn over that department.
Cons
low pay and very stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss