HCA Corporate Employee Reviews in Nashville, TN

Found 250 reviews matching the search See all 1,678 reviews
Featured review
HCA Corporate selected this as a representative review
workplace review
Registered Emergency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2018
HCA as a company is an over all caring and wonderful company to work with. I worked at several HCA hospitals and would gladly go back to one. The workplace culture at each facility was somewhat different at each one but overall is one of caring and wanting to do the right thing for the patient and the staff.
I was only an intern
HCA INTERN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 22, 2019
My experience with HCA as an intern was ok. I thought I'd be picked up for a full-time position after graduation but that didn't happen.
Everyone else who works there seems to like the company well enough.
I don't really have any complaints. The employees were nice and there was an overall positive atmosphere, other than the personal problems people had with one another.
Typical
Helpdesk Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 30, 2019
The company as a whole is good but department wise need to be assessed in terms of employee worth. The option to work from home in IT time to time should be enforced as it helps with employee shifts being that traffic is often an issue with timely attendance.
Loved..but sad.
Sr. Data Analyst, (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 23, 2019
I was there for 2 months as contractor and waited for position for two months. It was contract and I wanted FTE. A position with another company was presented for FTE and I discussed it with my manager and asked them for input as I wanted to be rehire status. I was advised absolutely. I have since applied for positions that I am more than qualified for and I cant get a response. I believe there is something else going on as it makes no sense. I loved the company and want to go back.
Pros
Wonderful..wonderful..!!
Cons
If you leave..dont plan on being rehired.
Great work, terrible management
Network Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 18, 2019
I worked as a network engineer and the work was plentiful. Management and Co worker were a nightmare and ruined what could have been a good place to work.

Work wise, very nice gear to work on with a dynamic network. If management was better it would have been a great place to work.
Pros
Up to date equipment and good pay
Cons
Terrible staff
Up and running
HR Workforce Administrator Tier 1 (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 12, 2019
A new part of the HR family with new process and procedures that are changing on an ever day basis. The department as many knowledgeable people who are always willing to help when asked.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Shifts, Work on holidays
Awful
Systems Analyst/ Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 29, 2019
Very political and based on who likes you rather than your work. Very good ol boy culture. Its more of a friends and family plan culture to fit in. If not you are ousted
Pros
Pay
Cons
political
It's OK, I guess
HR Group (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 19, 2019
Management style and work life balance varies greatly depending on which department you are in. PTO structure for those in HR is very poor. Despite many complaints and problems recruiting because of poor PTO, no change is made.
I would recommend them to any anyone looking for a place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 15, 2019
I worked for them as a contractor for over a year. Original contract was for 6 months. Also when I was offered a permanent position at another company I was able to work with leadership to finish the contract I had with them remotely instead of coming into the office. Leadership wanted to keep me but the salary difference was substantial at the newer job.
High intensity - slow promotion dynamics
Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2019
Solid pay and bonuses, very poor PTO policy for incoming employees that are not 'grandfathered' on the old plan

Intelligent coworkers and some great folks. Politics abound. Bad apples can really ruin culture in certain departments.
Fun and challenging place to work
Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 16, 2019
The Project Management Assistant Program is face paced, competitive, and challenging. The program is designed to accelerate your career at HCA and employees usually see 3 promotions within the first couple years
Hca
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 5, 2019
Overall HCA is a great company to work for that can help advance your skill sets. It is a very competitive company, therefore career advancement is not as available as I would of liked.
Productive job security
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 4, 2019
If you are looking for a place to work that has job security this is the place. Excellent people to work with and has a team environment. typical day of work depends on the department you work in but is overall laid back.
Pros
benefits, raises, incentives
Cons
short breaks, communication
A solid overall experience
Consulting Platform Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 27, 2019
HCA corporate IT has a number of the most talented people I have ever worked with. The pace can be fast at times, but it usually isn't gruelling. In general the management looks out for your best interests. If you are at the top of your game and are not afraid of supporting a massively scaled environment, then it is definitely worth looking in to a job here.

The number one skill needed to survive is the ability to do some automation. PowerShell, APIs, Ansible... anything you can use to get more done with less is critical due to the scale of the environment.
Corporate Politics and Unethical Behavior
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 25, 2019
You will only survive this culture if you throw hard working people under the bus to move up in your personal career path. Some of the most awful, unethical people I have ever encountered. Be warned.
Awesome company to work for
Appeals Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 21, 2019
I loved working for the company all (3) times, I loved the team that I worked with I loved the people, everyone was always willinging to help someone when needed
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 30, 2018
The company was cool. They gave a lot of discounts to restaurants, cruises, Microsoft products, school , daycare, ymca, and etc. my overall experience was good
Review
Process Audit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 27, 2018
Come to work and get my job done.
I've learned to have tough skin.
Management is fine.
Workplace culture is okay.
The hardest part of my job is rescinding offers.
Great company
Vice President of Operations (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 13, 2018
HCA is a company with great advancement opportunities and ability for personal and professional development. I would recommend the company to anyone seeking these attributes!
You must love what you do
Registar (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 12, 2018
Working in the healthcare field you have to love what you do and not just the paycheck. Working with patients is something I love. Patient care is very rewarding in so many ways.
Growing hospital working the kinks out
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 9, 2018
Standard bedside nursing position (no frills); unstable management currently; has the potential to be a great children's hospital because of the staff working at the bedside

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss