HCA Corporate Employee Reviews in Norcross, GA

Found 42 reviews matching the search See all 1,675 reviews
Featured review
HCA Corporate selected this as a representative review
workplace review
Registered Emergency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2018
HCA as a company is an over all caring and wonderful company to work with. I worked at several HCA hospitals and would gladly go back to one. The workplace culture at each facility was somewhat different at each one but overall is one of caring and wanting to do the right thing for the patient and the staff.
Average workplace
Compliance specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 31, 2018
there was very little growth potential while at HCA. Company did however provide good mentoring and support throughout. I found this to be very of average work environment. Salaries not determined by individual productivity but by overal market conditions.
Productivity
Operations Trainer (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 28, 2018
This company is fair but very strict on productivity. Most departments work from home now but you have to be a good employee that steadily meet productivity and have good attendance.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
healthcare benefits
Great Place
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time with the company.
The management were very open to assisting the staff with any and all concerns with the business process. I met people that I still am friendly with and we worked well on projects together. Call center work is exhausting only if there is no outlet. This company allowed frequent interacting among employees in order to assist employees be their best selves for the organization.
Production based
Bilingual Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 8, 2017
Bonus based on productions. Focus is production. Schedule flexibility is offered and time off requests are respected. Family type culture depending on department. Fast paced and heavy work load for daily activities.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
30 minute lunch
Awesome Place to Work
Special Projects Collections Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 21, 2017
I really enjoyed working for HCA. The open door policy most companies have is very effident at HCA. The CEO was approachable and cared how the employees felt!
Pros
On-site vendors, professional work place
Hated it
Senior Medicare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 16, 2016
They closed several locations; therefore , I lost faith in this company after working with the organization for over 6 years.
Productivity driven environment, Flex hours
Discrepancy Analyst Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 12, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is that the employees have a voice and are taken very seriously.
The hardest part is the frequent changing of management that were not chosen from within and those managers are given the authority to change the department process without the full knowledge of knowing that department functions.
I do admit that HCA does offer a great training program with the opportunity to grow.
Pros
Employee appreciation days
Cons
Pay and benefits
Nepotism
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 14, 2015
Nepotism...CEO advanced the friends/roommates of son to management positions without either candidate possessing any experience.
Job Security
Quality Assurance Representative/ Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 7, 2015
Loved my job was there for 7 years; my family was created while I was employed there. Raises bonuses and PTO was fair and reasonable. The most enjoyable part was the different patients i came into contact with.

The challenge made the job worth while almost to never the same day to day work.
Pros
Pay
Benefits
Nice company / too much productivity demands/ nice co-workers
COLLECTOR SPECIALIST LEVEL 2 (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 6, 2015
I was a work from home representative who would contact insurance carriers to collect on medical claims. I had to work at a very fast pace just to keep up the demand for the productivity demand per hour of the company. I had great co-workers, however management would not always keep me informed of issues. I learned many things about medical claims and it was a great experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is that i was able to work out of my own home.
Pros
Salary/could work from home/ nice benefits
Cons
No breaks/ productivity standard difficult to meet/ management
Flexibility and no micro managing makes this an acceptable workplace.
Clinical Appeals Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 1, 2015
Focused on appeal writing. Had many other tasks to assist in different areas of the company as well. great boss! no micromanagement. But not for me.
A very high stressful production environment.
PAS/Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 31, 2015
This company is a very high stressful production environment to work in company with very poor management. They do not pay employees for federal holiday time off unless you have PTO time for coverage. The turnover rate is very high.
Fun and educational.
Manage Care Discrepancy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norcross, Ga.February 17, 2015
HCA is a private healthcare company that manages hospital accounts. The management team is supportive and flexible with work hours. An enjoyable aspect of the job is the constant learning of new tools that not only equip employees with knowledge, but opportunities for advancement. The management team and employees really capture the spirit of team work by accomplishing projects and reaching deadlines as a team. The shared responsibility among the team makes the job less arduous.
Pros
Accomodating and flexible work hours.
Positive work enviorment
Lead Billing / Collections Rep (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 23, 2014
A delightful encouraging work place. I enjoyed the ability to advance and that my hard work was recognized.
This was a great company to work for...
Optical Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 12, 2014
there are pros and cons to working here. Some of the pros were bonus and holiday thank you's. Some of the cons was management styles.

Over all I would work there again!
Productive, Teamwork, Efficient, Excellent Customer Service.
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GaOctober 31, 2014
HCA is a great place to work, helping assist Medical staff as well as the patient to accommodate their needs. Team spirit in helping and training one another, Very Proficient, Extending Customer Service over and sometime beyond to make sure the Patient receives the necessary documents or appointments. Overall, I loved the open door policy to both the management and human resources, and our reward systems.
Experince
Medical Financial Analyst/ Remote (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 13, 2014
This job gave me a lot of experience, but no chances for for advancement. The benfits are not competetive benefits or salary.
Pros
Working Independent
Cons
No room for advancement
Wonderful place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 22, 2014
Provide advanced-level clerical support and routine financial processing for accounts receivables. Prepare and submit electronic claims for services provided, track outstanding claims, post payments and prepares bills to consumers for deductible, co-pays or non covered services. I learned how to reconcile routine issues with service providers. I learned how to prepare billing and claim reports using Excel spreadsheets. I had a very proficient manager. She was always willing to schedule training classes to keep everyone up to date on any changes that will be made. I am a team player. I got along with all my co-workers and always willing to help them when help was needed. I did not have a hard part of my duties on job. I am a fast learner and I took good notes in all training classes that we had. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting customers with payment arrangements when they could not afford to pay their bill. I also enjoyed helping customers with their bill when it was incorrect. I called the insurance companies to find out why customers claims were denied when customers call and were angry. I really enjoy billing, scheduling appointments and doing the best job I can do at work.
Productive and fun place to work.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 27, 2014
Data entry and resolving medical billing issues.Management was supportive. Co-workers became family.Difficult part of job was making everyone happy.Enjoyed getting work resolved.
Stressful Environment
Cash Discrepancy Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 17, 2014
Very stressful production driven company. Management not easily approachable, often feels challenged if you're questioning them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss