HCA Corporate Employee Reviews in Richmond, VA

Found 132 reviews matching the search See all 1,678 reviews
Featured review
HCA Corporate selected this as a representative review
workplace review
Registered Emergency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2018
HCA as a company is an over all caring and wonderful company to work with. I worked at several HCA hospitals and would gladly go back to one. The workplace culture at each facility was somewhat different at each one but overall is one of caring and wanting to do the right thing for the patient and the staff.
All good
Editor/ Auditor of ER Accts. & Trauma (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 18, 2019
All good, I had a great tenure at hca they had to phase out our jobs in charging and it was no fault of our own. The jobs were being taken over by out sourcing and computer systems
Not a Good place to start unless your in a mid level position
N/A (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 25, 2019
do not work at the service desk or Technical analyst positions. The company as far as the capital division already has set in stone where they think your career should go. These people are very old and new seats need to be filler for leadership, No one should be able to tell you where your career path should go.
Cons
low pay
Great place to be if you are in healthcare
Director of Physician and Provider Relations (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 17, 2019
HCA is definitely one of the best companies I have ever worked for. Supportive teams and lots to offer as far as job growth. As in any job, the political climate is difficult to balance at times.
10 years
Managed Care Logging Discrepancy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 14, 2019
Glad it's in the past.
Customer service is back to back holding phone calls which will drive you to drink.
Other departments have their mess that makes them just as micromanaged and horrid.
Don't if you don't have to.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Micromanaging, time clock life, underpaid for the responsibilities
Ehhh
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 16, 2019
Management is rude and not understanding of basic human life. Rules suck. Pay sucks. It’s not that bad if you need something to hold you over. But wouldn’t plan to stay here too long. Our location went through 3 managers in 3 years...what does that tell you?
Work place culture
Medical Records Analyst-Registrar (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 13, 2019
My work performance at HCA involved registration and insurance verification. I learned how to navigate through various software from on job training classes. HCA is definitely not a diverse employer and unfair to minorities whom are trying to transfer to other positions in hopes of opportunity. The hardest part of my job was coping with managers whom were bias of others. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a smile on a patient's face.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
job opportunities
good place to work at
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 31, 2019
I've enjoyed all of my jobs at HCA, but working weekends and holidays was starting to get difficult because of my two small children. The compensation was good though
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 24, 2019
The company offers many benefits. They offer educational assistance for yourself and your dependent now which is generous. They encourage professional growth for the employees, at least the unit I’m on. The stock option and retirement benefits are bar-none best in the area. The small company provides a “family feel” type of environment. This is a for-profit company therefore they try to remain competitive, which makes me feel my job is secure more or less. I enjoy my unit, management, and staff. I think we get a lot done and are mindful of the cost of supplies without opening non-needed items. Pto accrual should be higher as we are sent home a lot in low census. This eats up pto and there is none left for a vacation later.
Pros
Many benefits
Cons
Pto accrual rate
Discrepancy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 20, 2019
This facility had a lot of space to work from. The supervisors was very knowledgeable and helpful. This was a very good place to work. We also work weekends.
wanted too much from employees
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 26, 2019
job function was required to do much more than originally assigned. when short staffed would have to pick up extra duties and hardly got any help so stress played a huge factor.
good place to work
OR MATERIALS MANAGER PRHAM CAMPUS (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23236January 3, 2019
I enjoy my job at hca. have been through many bosses in the
past 5 years. truly enjoyed my last boss better. am a self starter
and do not need to be micromanaged. benefits are great. but I thin they should pay for holidays and that should not come out of your pto.
Na
Assistant Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 28, 2018
NA. Neutral review, no other comments at this time. Company is working created a culture to help and further advancement for
specific patient population, great work.
Busy work days
Discrepancy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 12, 2018
Most of the day you spend in your cubicle working on your assignment. Your productivity is closely monitored by management. You can take a break when needed.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
long training
Decent Place
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 29, 2018
HCA has been a decent place to work.
Management is not to bad
Work load is not unbearable
Location could be better
Perks/incentives could be better
Workplace culture is fine
was a very pleasant fast paced call center
Diagnostic Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 17, 2018
Overall the company did a lot for employees, made the office environment very comfortable and did many fun things for employees. We always receive perks and treats from management. We provided excellent customer service for our clients who consisted of Physician offices and patients.
Pros
Excellent benefits and lots of training to keep up with work, very informative management team
Cons
sitting all day on phones
Good people...
Financial Information Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 11, 2018
Good people in a good company. Patient driven and care provider supportive. The management side of things was handled very professionally by our divisional office (Central Atlantic Division).
Hca
Patient Flow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 4, 2018
Management lacked proper training and professionalism. Employee feedback was seldom asked for and never taken into account. Frequent changes to policy and procedure led to constant confusion amongst employees.
Healthcare Corp
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 8, 2018
My day at HCA consisted of being on the computer talking to customers and assisting them with there bill due lack of income, making payment arrangements and checking the status of claims with different insurance companies. I also had to make sure demographic information and authorization number were in place for complete processing.
I had 2 different computers to long in.
Pros
lots of room for growth
Cons
short breaks, need of larger parking lot
Great Healthcare
Team Leader Outpatient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 26, 2018
You can't deny the healthcare benefits of working for a Hospital Corporation. The environment did not allow for a lot of career development however so you must be autonomous to learn new skill sets.
Big company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 16, 2018
Big company that has a lot of moving parts. Sometimes difficult to get things done with all the layers, but patients still take priority in your day to day activities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss