HCA Corporate Employee Reviews for Collection Agent

Found 33 reviews matching the search See all 1,665 reviews
Featured review
HCA Corporate selected this as a representative review
workplace review
Registered Emergency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2018
HCA as a company is an over all caring and wonderful company to work with. I worked at several HCA hospitals and would gladly go back to one. The workplace culture at each facility was somewhat different at each one but overall is one of caring and wanting to do the right thing for the patient and the staff.
Billing/Collections-Brentwood, TN
Billing/Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 21, 2019
The company is political. They hire and promote who they want if you kiss their butts. Employees are sooo underpaid and to cover up for this they try to throw in benefits and talk down about other companies but yet every January and/or early February the O's(CEO, COO, managers and directors) receive huge lavish bonuses anywhere from $5000-$20,000+ every year. Meanwhile they work you like slaves because all they care about are numbers and not quality! Production is set too high. This company have been paying out a lousy $300 bonus for the last 20 years and there are no cost of living increases. You have upper managenent receiving bonuses more than what some of employees make in a year. Ridiculous!! There are no company Christmas parties, no paid holidays as they make you use your PTO for Holidays. Slave house. Raises are pathetic-they give $0.15 -$0.30 raises, 401k sucks! You have to stay there a year now just to get your 401k match-this is how they stream you along. Employees have been there for 5 and 6 + years and still haven't had a dollar raise.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Under pay employees, no real bonuses, raises are a joke, slave house mentality, poor management
N/a
Collections Specialist/Underpayment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2018
Don't wish to write a review. it has been many many years since working at HCA, cannot think of anything to write in this space. This office is no longer in business.
fast pace
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLSeptember 17, 2018
I enjoyed this job, however I was no happy with my boss, that did not understand the concept of finding trends and the time it may take to build a spreadsheet. Production had to be met with no exception time , even if you were on hold on the phone for long periods of time, which made it very stressful
Pros
flex time
Cons
hard core production standards
Healthcare Corp
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 8, 2018
My day at HCA consisted of being on the computer talking to customers and assisting them with there bill due lack of income, making payment arrangements and checking the status of claims with different insurance companies. I also had to make sure demographic information and authorization number were in place for complete processing.
I had 2 different computers to long in.
Pros
lots of room for growth
Cons
short breaks, need of larger parking lot
fast-paced, detail-oriented job
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 27, 2018
I was not great at details during the time I worked there, and struggled for years. It was getting even more competitive and fast paced the last several months, and I had been unhappy for some time
please see resume
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNFebruary 20, 2018
Low wages for work being done, typcal work day way laid back, management had a big turn over like no one stays. no hard parts of the job just lack of coommunication
I love my job!
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2018
I came on with Parallon/HCA as a TOG (The Outsource Group) employee. My employment with Parallon was a great experience. I learned a lot about the billing process; and built a great relationship with my team and management, and the customers/patients. Yes the position can be a bit difficult; but the management team is extremely supportive, and 100% behind you. They assist in the process of building strong teams by providing you the tools and update standards you need to stay up with the latest state related bi-laws related to collections and the medical field.
Pros
Team Spirt
Cons
Location of the business; Bissonnet Road.
N/a
Medicaid Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 7, 2018
I do not want to leave a review. It has been over 10 years since I worked for at this place and really cannot remember too much. I missed some of the people I worked with and that's it. The pay was not great and learning was minimal.
Good company and high pressure to collect.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 5, 2017
Great job as long as you make your numbers for collections. Customer calls and Insurance company calls to collect on hospital bill.management constanly on you to make your numbers.
Pros
employee orintentated
Cons
high stress
This was a great company to work and grow with!
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2017
My day would exist with calling insurance company's and forwarding the claims from the hospital. Once the insurance group receives the claim, a call would be made to check the process the claim. If any errors was made to the claim, I would review the claim, correct all errors and reprocess the claim.
Great Company
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 28, 2016
Great company to work for and room for advancement. Systems were easy to understand. Provided detailed and thorough training on all systems and laws governing the work. Great work schedule and opportunities for overtime. Excellent pay and benefits.
Pros
Benefits, pay, and environment.
work from home available
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 4, 2016
these are typical back office job with opportunity to work from home in the collections, appeals, underpays and logging departments.
Is a good place to work when beginning a career in healthcare
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 10, 2015
I have received a lot of experience working for HCA. It is a good place to work when starting out in the healthcare workforce.
Workplace felt like in a prison sometimes
Medical Billing Insurance Collector (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlAugust 25, 2015
Small office of 15 people, a lot of favoritism in this office and not enough compliments to the people who do work hard. Also, the manager has assigned certain people to be her eyes and ears to report back to her on a daily basis. I feel everyone is a grown up and do not need to be watched. It is very uncomfortable to work under these conditions, You don't know who to trust. You work under a lot of stress and this creates a lot of unhappy employees.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Being watched at all times, No recognition for your hard work, favortism
Great Placevancemen t
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 28, 2015
Very good company to work for. You have the potential for great advancement and the ability to be there for years. They always stressed training and growth.
A very high stressful production environment.
PAS/Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 31, 2015
This company is a very high stressful production environment to work in company with very poor management. They do not pay employees for federal holiday time off unless you have PTO time for coverage. The turnover rate is very high.
Ok Bonuses,no raises
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Corona,CAApril 13, 2015
Good atmosphere. Bonus structure is fair. I've learned leadership skills. My co-workers in HCA are terrific to work with. The company doesn't offer room for growth with their current employees. It would be nice if they offered overtime and gave raises.
Pros
Free lunches and fair bonus's
Cons
no raises and room for growth
Great managers and co-workers. Although stressful at times, I enjoyed working for the company.
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day at work was contacting insurance companies for payment on medical claims. Productivity and quality of work was the bases of the work. I learned medical terms and advanced customer service. Management had an open door policy, if you had a question, management was willing to answer immediately.
Co-workers were great to work with. The was nothing hard about the job, however, productivity became stressful at times because numbers had to be met. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new procedures.
Pros
Quarterly Incentive
Cons
No room for growth unless you transfer to a different department.
Hca
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 24, 2015
Insurance and patient collections. Good management, and decent incentive bonus plan
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
too much micro managment
i love working here
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 6, 2014
I love working here. The only negative part about the company is that the benefits and pay isn't great.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
benefits/pay & short lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss