HCA Corporate Employee Reviews for Medical Assistant

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 1,665 reviews
Featured review
HCA Corporate selected this as a representative review
workplace review
Registered Emergency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2018
HCA as a company is an over all caring and wonderful company to work with. I worked at several HCA hospitals and would gladly go back to one. The workplace culture at each facility was somewhat different at each one but overall is one of caring and wanting to do the right thing for the patient and the staff.
Management is Terrible
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 24, 2019
Management is terrible and won't listen, low pay, and benefits are terrible, you have to use your PTO for all holidays. No room for advancement, The only good thing was my co-workers.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Low Pay, Benefits, Management, PTO is Used for Holidays
Poor work enviornment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2018
The physicians are great to work with, they truly care for the patients.
However, the company does not care for the employees. Office supervisor creates a very hostile work place.
Great place to work out
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 13, 2018
HCA was a great place to work at I had to leave for personal reasons but I would go back the only thing I don't like is that some of the managers aren't fit to be managers. They have great benefits and the longer you're there the more time off you get.
Lack management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2018
When you see the list of tasks and responsibilities assigned to the job, you can quickly see how it would be a full-time, 365 days per year Poor salary
Work was great
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2017
Work and company were great but my Dr had to leave for personal reason so that why now im looking for something else. If i could i would stay but i want to see whats out there
I do not appreciate management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2017
I did not appreciate the management I found at HCA. They do not have a true fair system. There's is a system of fair on appearance, but lacks real due process, or a system they fully understand.
Great work place
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hull StreetSeptember 2, 2017
HCA has great Employees and a well rounded working area. I have had many great learning experiences since I have worked at HCA and hope to have many more.
terrible place of employment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 29, 2017
This place has been by far the worse employment I have ever experienced. The staff turnover rate is way over 50%. Managers are only worried about numbers and surveys. Management has a big turnover rate as well. Pay is insulting and you work your behind off. Complaints to upper management never responds to you....i would not recommend HCA for employment.
Pros
Cons
everything
They have a great way to make everyone feel welcomed ever before you start.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 28, 2017
I have not started working with this company yet but I can not wait to do so. Every time i have walked in to the building every one just seems so happy to be working there I love it.
Loving co workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2016
Some days were slow and some days were steady. I learned how to do different test that I have never done before. I loved the manager she was very kind and loving. My co-workers were easy going know how to have a good time but also take there job very serious. The hardest part of the job was the slow days not knowing what I was aloud to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being around people who are very caring and love there job as much as I did.
Pros
Real close to home
Cons
It was only temporary
great work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLFebruary 26, 2015
I love this company! I have been very happy here since I started. I'm very excited about the fact that they are in 20 different states and that I could transfer if i wanted to.
Constant profesional growth
Medical Assistant/Xray Tech (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 25, 2015
Very warm and professional environment. Amazing team. Learning and growing opportunities are constantly available.
Pros
Free classes, free lunch
productive, fun, learned a lot.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 12, 2014
Being a Medical Assistant was the most rewarding job, ever. Being in a position to help those who needed me. working with people who cared about others, the hardest part of this job was going to school and leaving my position as a MA
Pros
Free dinners with the providers to learn about a new drug.
Cons
long hours, but it came with the job.
A productive workplace, with room to grow in the company.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 29, 2013
A typical day at work for me was making sure my patients needs and concerns were meet and taken care of, as well as the office which I micro-managed.

I really didn't learn a lot there, I've been in the medical field for years. The only real thing I learned is the new PCMH (patient center medical home), that all medical facilities are now implementing.

The management was horrible we went through 3 managers within 2 years. Managers were never on site maybe one day a week or half a day if even that. Then managed 2,3 some even 4 other clinics so there was never no real stability within the office as far as management.

My co-workers were terrific, we were a team and helped one another as needed, without having to ask one another. Just did what was needed to be done for our patients and to relieve one another's work load.

The hardest part of the job was the management, and them coming in trying to make changes when they were never there to even know what went on in the office when our office ran perfectly.

The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing and working with my patients on a daily basis. I love my patients and I've gone far and beyond for years to strive to make sure they are well taken care of and are getting the best care possible.
Pros
Tuition Reinbursement
Cons
Raises
Maybe best possible position ever for medical assistant!!
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYAugust 28, 2013
Simply an awesome opportunity! I loved this job! I started up 4 primary care clinics from scratch!
great place to work
Medical Assistant,  (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLJuly 14, 2013
everyday on this job is agreat experience, great management, enjoy working with the empployees, the hardest part of this job is getting the patient's in and out, and the most enjoyable part about working there no gossip
Pros
different experience
Cons
not enough time to eat
Walk in clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little River, SCApril 2, 2013
Days were very busy, no teamwork, Doctor's over worked, not enough staff, pay is ok, and benifits are great.
Pros
benifits
Cons
not enough staff, hard to get all things done
I enjoyed working for the company over all.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 2, 2012
My typical work day would consist of calling patients back to their seperate rooms, taking their vitals medical history and information on meds. I learned how to perfom in house test that I have not done before in school. Worked in 3 seperate offices when I was working for the company. Management was really professional and respectful. The Hardest part of the Job was not being able to help the patients more when I saw them in pain. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making them smile and feel better about coming to visit the Doctors office.
Great Work Enviorments
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston TxSeptember 27, 2012
HCA is a good company to work for. They have good management as well as great doctors.
Pros
benifits
Fast Paced Clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 26, 2012
The clinic I was in is very large. You worked hard for little pay and often worked overtime. There was no room for advancement where I worked but I have heard that the other clinics were better. I enjoyed my co-workers and most of patients. The bonus is that they had their own phlebotomy lab. I was often to tired to have a life outside of work.
Pros
free lunch almost every day
Cons
insane expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss