HCA Corporate Employee Reviews for Office Specialist

Found 29 reviews matching the search See all 1,666 reviews
Featured review
HCA Corporate selected this as a representative review
workplace review
Registered Emergency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2018
HCA as a company is an over all caring and wonderful company to work with. I worked at several HCA hospitals and would gladly go back to one. The workplace culture at each facility was somewhat different at each one but overall is one of caring and wanting to do the right thing for the patient and the staff.
Happy place to work
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 16, 2019
I work with an amazing group of people and our Drs are above par. Our office manager is excellent and very understanding of my roll as a single mom. Everyone is there for the patients and it shows.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Low pay
Ehhh
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 16, 2019
Management is rude and not understanding of basic human life. Rules suck. Pay sucks. It’s not that bad if you need something to hold you over. But wouldn’t plan to stay here too long. Our location went through 3 managers in 3 years...what does that tell you?
wanted too much from employees
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 26, 2019
job function was required to do much more than originally assigned. when short staffed would have to pick up extra duties and hardly got any help so stress played a huge factor.
Enjoyed working at the clinic until HCA came and acquired our office.
MEDICAL OFFICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2019
Once HCA took over a lot of things changed with management. As an employee, we did not feel valued. Our voices felt as they were no longer important and/or taken into consideration.
overall I woild say HCA is a pretty nice place to work. just do your job and everyone should enjoy working with you.
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MONovember 16, 2018
HCA was a great place to work although I recommend not accepting a PRN position if you plan on turning it into a full time position. Because from my experience it never does.
Pros
positive work setting, nice staff
Great First Job
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 1, 2018
This job will be a great start for any one starting off in the medical field and office environment. Not for anyone who is lazy or likes a more slow pace job, very teamwork oriented and above and beyond type of employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks, face-paced
Awful
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, FLJuly 26, 2018
Terrible place to work. Manager poorly trained and plays favorites. Her best friend works for her. The doctors yell at the patients and throw their RX bottles in the trash.
Pros
Health Ins
Cons
Pay and management sucks
An awesome place to work
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2018
absolutely love my manager and coworkers and my doctor was awesome to work for. I enjoyed my job and love my job I wish we didn't have to part are separate ways.
Pros
Ate lunch like a family
Cons
In my building we had no where to eat out of the office
overall was a 5/10 job
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2018
its an okay place to work before it was HCA, now its just alot of physicians and nurse practitioner leaving and or getting laid off. When it was HCA i liked that it used eclinical works but as far as having more hours or permanent position was hard. The company did not do much as far as bonus or anything.
not a good place to work 8 out of 10 employees complain
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 1, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of gossiping more then production, Favortism over performance, when you do not fit in the click then you are in constant fear of losing your job. It is the equal to a high school bullying situation. These are suppose to be professional, working in a field that is to help people.
A very nice place to work. Everyone gets along
Business Office Specialist - (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLSeptember 30, 2017
We do get free bagels delivered every Monday and Wednesday mornings, The Surgery Center does pay for a surgeon's lunch if they would like something. The beginning of every month birthdays for that month are celebrated with either cupcakes or a healthy cheese, crackers and fruits.
Excellent work environment
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Largo FLAugust 10, 2017
Great office manager very fexible , kind and understanding standing. Someone that has a heart for kids, even though she has no kids of his own.I was truly impressed.
Wonderful
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAJuly 19, 2017
They have always been responsive to my needs and paid me competitively, timely and accurately. The scheduling has been fair and equitably and great effort has been given to accommodate my schedule requests and preferences. When I have had questions, someone from HCA has been readily available to answer them.I have had a very positive experience
Good Company
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 14, 2017
Good company, with great colleagues always willing to work as a team in order to execute our daily responsibilities. In addition, management should take more control of colleagues scheduling patients at a reasonable time in order for their employees to have a work/ life balance. Benefit package is lucrative, health benefits, 401k plan, profit sharing, etc.
Pros
Team players, benefits
Cons
Unnecessary long work hours, favoritism with certain colleagues
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CAJanuary 13, 2017
I have learned a lot from this place starting from registering,charting, calling insurance company to obtain benefits, explaining benefits to patients, calling patients to confirm appointments, making charts and various office related work. I was offered a higher paid job so accepted the new position to enhance my career.
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Great
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 20, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company my co-workers were great to work with My job at times was stressful but manageable I really enjoyed it
Was not able to advance at this office
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 23, 2016
I requested for 2 1/2 years to transfer to a different position. My co-workers were great. I did not care to sit in one place all day.
Great
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 25, 2016
great company. horrible raise/Pay scale and all they care about is getting more physicians and making them happy. just do your work and you will get your annual raise and keep your job. transferring within the company is fairly easy too. The pay again is the worst when it comes to job hopping or taking a promotion. be cautious when making career decisions.
Good Company
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLMay 25, 2016
I love to deal with the patients and help them. The hardest part of the job was that the phones will not stop. Co-workers were great. The Doctors were great. The management is new so I can't rate them.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
Phones rang all day (call center style)
So far, so good
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 19, 2016
Only a part-time employee; training for this position has been very exciting. Most of the people I have met during the training have been very nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at HCA Corporate.

Powered by Comparably