HCA Corporate Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Found 70 reviews matching the search See all 1,666 reviews
Featured review
HCA Corporate selected this as a representative review
workplace review
Registered Emergency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2018
HCA as a company is an over all caring and wonderful company to work with. I worked at several HCA hospitals and would gladly go back to one. The workplace culture at each facility was somewhat different at each one but overall is one of caring and wanting to do the right thing for the patient and the staff.
I enjoyed working and provided a good learning experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 20, 2019
HCA gave me a good opportunity to care for patients. Everyone was friendly and it has provided me a grest opportunity to grow as a nurse . HCA gave opportunity to learn and to transfer to different career paths
Ok
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 12, 2019
HR does not want to fix current salary they are not paying for my experience, even after working in the company and transferring to another unit I am not on the correct pay scale, very frustrating hence why I'm seeking employment elsewhere
good place to work at
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 31, 2019
I've enjoyed all of my jobs at HCA, but working weekends and holidays was starting to get difficult because of my two small children. The compensation was good though
Incredible teamwork amoungst coworkers and hard-working, compassionate manager
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 9, 2018
Not only are my coworkers knowledgeable, professional and experienced but we all work well together and have each others best interest at hand. Our immediate supervisor/manager cares so much for all of us; goes to bat for us and keeps us informed of current business and patient satisfaction. I love coming to my job. It is satisfying in many ways.
Growing hospital working the kinks out
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 9, 2018
Standard bedside nursing position (no frills); unstable management currently; has the potential to be a great children's hospital because of the staff working at the bedside
Positive work culture.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 24, 2018
I like the modern new NICU I work in and I admire the doctors and nurses I work with. All are caring and have great integrity I enjoy working with the premature babies and assisting their parents through the difficult NICU experience. I love helping parents overcome challenges with their infant. What is difficult in the place I work is the fact that management may peg individuals into a certain work/skill level, rather than cycling everyone through the challenging and crucial learning they would gain. Everyone, in my opinion, is well trained and should be given experiences that coincide with current certificaions, for their own growth and also for the safety and benefit of the unit as a whole. I see some managers as unwilling to train/support. All should be given experiences of learning.
Pros
Working with premature infants, their parents and a team of integrity.
Cons
High stress: not enough staffing at times
Amazing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 18, 2018
A wonderful company to work for. I have learned so much from my superiors at HCA. The compassion and patient care driven work ethic makes me proud to be a part of this team!
HCA corporate
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 14, 2018
I never really dealt with HCA corporate. We saw our nurse manager daily and our nurse educator weekly. We rarely saw any corporate individuals in our daily work place.
See below
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLSeptember 18, 2018
I have been with hca coming up 22 years. I enjoy working for them. They take care of their employees. It is a friendly environment. Peaple work well together. There is room for growth and teaching availability.
Pros
Benefits team players
Patients came first
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2018
The priority was that patients came first always, familys second and staff and physicans came third. The patients received wonderful care. Any complaint was handled right away by using the chain of command. Most complaints were delt with at the bedside.
Pros
Great care for patients
Cons
Understaffing
Cons
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2018
Sunrise Hospital needs to look into their management in the ICU area. Once that problem is resolved, more RN, BSN’s that I know will apply there. We have a small medical community here and people are not wanting to apply because they do not liking with the current unit manager.
Small community hospital,
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJuly 24, 2018
During my time there I loved my coworkers. We managed Oncology patients that became like family to us. Our physicians were fun to work with and the atmosphere was somewhat relaxed. Senior management however seemed out of touch with the floor nursing staff. We rarely saw anyone from senior management level. Our Nurse Manager had to spend quite a bit of time in meetings.
Pros
Discounts on lunch, gift shop discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2018
Excellent learning opportunities. Fast pace workplace. Different field positions available. Flexible work schedule during the week. Productive work place.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short breaks
Current unit is ok,clinical coordinator is not fair
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 8, 2018
Great nursing job,management needs some pointers,prep/post op pt care, learned o.r. processes,

Culture in this unit is a background of l and d nurses and most are very caddy.
That is the hardest part of the job

The best part is the patients..
Fun group to work with
RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 16, 2018
Fast paced environment. Always busy but the teamwork helps tremendously. Charge nurses and management are always willing to help. Fun group to work with.
Loved working there
RN (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 21, 2018
I enjoyed my job but that facility was too far from home it took and hour and a half to drive there daily totally 3 hours a day driving back and forth, i tolerated for 4 years then had to leave. Looking for closer to home position.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
too far from home
I wouldn't recommend
RN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2018
Upper-level management is inconsistent with promoting, following, and enforcing policy. They chose to pick and chose which policy to follow and when to follow it, based on the benefit of the management and not necessarily the staff or patient. Bullying is Not addressed or enforced and allot of really good staff leave because of management doing what easy instead of what is right.
Pros
excelllent, afordable benefits
Cons
Inconsistentcy in policy enforcement, hourly wages not comprale to other area hospitals
Poor management
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXApril 5, 2018
Poor management , poor wages. High turnover rates. Very few opportunities for career advancement. The pay is not competitive compared to other hospitals.
fast paced
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Trinity, FLMarch 8, 2018
very fast paced environment in the ED. Sometimes lack of communication. Management will perform patient care when really busy. Have seen managers transport patients to the floor and start iv's. management is very hands on.
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
rarely breaks for eating and poor healthcare coverage costs.
Good place to work for prn schedule
Staff Nurse - Post Partum / Well Baby Nursery (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 7, 2018
Worked on a fast paced floor as a prn nurse. The ability to self schedule worked out well enabling a good Work/Life Balance. Management changed often.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight