HCA Corporate Culture reviews

Found 344 reviews matching the search See all 1,656 reviews
Featured review
HCA Corporate selected this as a representative review
workplace review
Registered Emergency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2018
HCA as a company is an over all caring and wonderful company to work with. I worked at several HCA hospitals and would gladly go back to one. The workplace culture at each facility was somewhat different at each one but overall is one of caring and wanting to do the right thing for the patient and the staff.
Productive and fun culture
ETL Developer/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 24, 2019
This has been one of my best places to work at so far. The people and the culture make it a great place to work at. Advancement opportunities are limited though.
Happy place to work
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 16, 2019
I work with an amazing group of people and our Drs are above par. Our office manager is excellent and very understanding of my roll as a single mom. Everyone is there for the patients and it shows.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Low pay
Interesting culture
CFO, Director of Nurses, and Medical Director (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 14, 2019
I dont know what to say about this company, it was a nightmare.
I dont ever want to return there. I found them very provincial in their culture and in the position I had, there was no respect shown or accomodation for the tools that I needed to perform my job. There was a great deal of micro- management .
feel I make a diffrence
Imaging System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 11, 2019
Feel that what I do is important to patient care. Good hours for spending time with family. friendly culture, nice people that are hard working and enjoy what they do.
Pros
Freindly culture
Cons
Compensation
Started well but changes are coming
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 3, 2019
I enjoy my coworkers and appreciate the mission. However, there was a realignment within the organization that brought in new leadership that is destroying the culture where I work.
Awful
Systems Analyst/ Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 29, 2019
Very political and based on who likes you rather than your work. Very good ol boy culture. Its more of a friends and family plan culture to fit in. If not you are ousted
Pros
Pay
Cons
political
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 24, 2019
The company offers many benefits. They offer educational assistance for yourself and your dependent now which is generous. They encourage professional growth for the employees, at least the unit I’m on. The stock option and retirement benefits are bar-none best in the area. The small company provides a “family feel” type of environment. This is a for-profit company therefore they try to remain competitive, which makes me feel my job is secure more or less. I enjoy my unit, management, and staff. I think we get a lot done and are mindful of the cost of supplies without opening non-needed items. Pto accrual should be higher as we are sent home a lot in low census. This eats up pto and there is none left for a vacation later.
Pros
Many benefits
Cons
Pto accrual rate
HCA was the best job
Engineering Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLMarch 14, 2019
Originally took the position to enhance my experience with healthcare facility systems, and build a relationship for future endeavors related to building and life safety. Which I accomplished.

During our time together I was able to experience what it takes to secure an above %90 compliant facility in time for a Joint Commission (TJC) survey.

Around every corner you will find happy faces looking to help you.
Pay rates are competitive.

Occurrences out of my, and HCA's control led to our simple separation. I could/would work for HCA in the future.
Pros
Second home
Management Clique
Senior Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 4, 2019
Only the popular people excelled in HCA Corp business office. The culture was one of 'Mean Girls" and upper management let them continue down this path.
Pros
experience
Cons
horrible bosses
High intensity - slow promotion dynamics
Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2019
Solid pay and bonuses, very poor PTO policy for incoming employees that are not 'grandfathered' on the old plan

Intelligent coworkers and some great folks. Politics abound. Bad apples can really ruin culture in certain departments.
Fun and challenging place to work
Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 16, 2019
The Project Management Assistant Program is face paced, competitive, and challenging. The program is designed to accelerate your career at HCA and employees usually see 3 promotions within the first couple years
Generally Good employer
Employee Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 13, 2019
Job satisfaction is partially contingent on the manager you work for. I enjoyed my job because I enjoy seeing progress. Work culture is like family frequently.
Hca
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 5, 2019
Overall HCA is a great company to work for that can help advance your skill sets. It is a very competitive company, therefore career advancement is not as available as I would of liked.
Productive job security
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 4, 2019
If you are looking for a place to work that has job security this is the place. Excellent people to work with and has a team environment. typical day of work depends on the department you work in but is overall laid back.
Pros
benefits, raises, incentives
Cons
short breaks, communication
Poor management and low pay
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Okatie, SCJanuary 29, 2019
They pay their medical assistants around $13/hour and even if you advance to management it’s only $17/hour. Not competitive pay for sure. They do not give many raises and treat you as if your just another number. Not a pleasant place to work.
Pros
Cons
Pay, poor management
Corporate Politics and Unethical Behavior
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 25, 2019
You will only survive this culture if you throw hard working people under the bus to move up in your personal career path. Some of the most awful, unethical people I have ever encountered. Be warned.
Awesome company to work for
Appeals Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 21, 2019
I loved working for the company all (3) times, I loved the team that I worked with I loved the people, everyone was always willinging to help someone when needed
working at HCA
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJanuary 21, 2019
I did enjoy working there for almost 10 years, They were a great company to work for. The off site location was ok, but I think it would have been more beneficial to be inside the hospital so you were more visible and helpful to team members
Pros
benefits and pay and team members
Cons
the commute
Productive, helpful, mission driven
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJanuary 17, 2019
The culture the hospital strives for is admirable; however, similarly to most organizations, the culture of each department can be different, depending on management of said department. Providing services to the community meant meeting a variety of people from all cultures which is an extremely rewarding experience.
Pros
meeting different cultures, attaining new skills
Cons
unpredictable down time
Review
Process Audit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 27, 2018
Come to work and get my job done.
I've learned to have tough skin.
Management is fine.
Workplace culture is okay.
The hardest part of my job is rescinding offers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at HCA Corporate.

Powered by Comparably