HCA Healthcare
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from HCA Healthcare:

HCA Healthcare Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA12 reviews
Good Place to work. Supportive staff. Safe Environment. Responsive H r department
Pros
friendly
Great pay for experienced nurses
I've worked for HCA for many years and have found them to be more fair & appreciative of staff than other hospital organizations. There's pros and cons to a for-profit system and they seem to usually have a good balance, but working in the ER can be frustrating at times when they're breathing down your neck about how long it takes you to obtain urine specimens on average when there's other major emergencies taking place. Our immediate supervisors are great about understanding ER demands, but my only complaint is that "suits" in the admin offices are always seeming to be more concerned about how the spreadsheets look than how we care for patients. That being said... they at least come out of their offices every now and then and show their faces. But the MOST IMPORTANT thing to note is that EVERY ONE of our immediate management team - clinical coordinators, ED manager and ED director - always come to work in scrubs and will jump in to help in a heart beat. That is rare from what I have found and has set the bar for my expectation. I won't ever work for another organization whose Clinical Coordinators show up in skirts and high heels every day.
Very challenging place to work, learn and feel appreciated
As the director of an HIM Dept. it was always a challenge to balance the needs of the facility, the medical staff and the HIM staff as well as the needs of the Corporation. The workplace culture had to remain friendly and professional no matter the challenges always mindful of the need to perform job duties correctly and efficiently.
Awesome Organization
Awesome CEO and leadership. The CEO actively collaborated with the staff and leaders to facilitate provision of optimal patient care. In addition to establishing guidelines for the organization.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Commute from Woodbridge
Great
Fun place to work. I could be myself. No one was hovering over to make sure I was doing my job (which I was). One of my favorite jobs I have ever worked!
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Fast pace environment
I loved how fast paced and challenging my job was. I enjoyed our patients, atmosphere, and the early work hours. There was never a dull moment at time of opening.
Club House
Everything I have ever heard about HCA is true. They're all about the money. The radiology department is a club house and if you aren't in then you aren't going anywhere. It's not about hard work, diligence, or even common sense, it's a popularity contest. They don't give raises and they don't increase benefits. All for them and none for you. I wish I had never come to work here.
Remarkable Team Work
Everyone greets you with a smile, helps you with anything you struggle with, accepts mistakes as learning opportunities, mutual support in stressful situations. Very supportive supervision and management.
Pros
team work, training, caring and supportive
Cons
workload, challenging patients
nice place to work in every body is friendly
Every body so nice and willing to help co-workers and management , customers chat with me all the time . every day I learn how to be abetter customer service more, I learn from my director how to be a leader she is the best leader ever .I enjoy working every day with my co-worker my manger my customers.
Condemned
Understaffed, dangerous working conditions. Complete chaos. Patients are not treated well. Staff is treated worse. Needs to be condemned.
Great Director/Medical Director
I love my job. I feel like I have autonomy with my Director and she cares about our ideas to make work a great place.
The hardest part of my job
The hardest part of my will be to leave it. Although I thoroughly enjoy what I do, I feel I need a challenge. HCA only has one physicians' practice in the Northern Virginia area, therefore there is no upward mobility for me at this time. I am ready to apply my newly acquired degrees and certifications!