HCA MidWest Health Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 6, 2018
Supportive staff, they all work together. Company provides ample opportunity for training and advancement. Many activities to get involved in if you want.
Pros
Good staff.
Employee friendly
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 5, 2018
Great place to work Nurses are good everyone treats you so nice doctors say hi CEO’s say hi they care for staff and patients discounts on insurance paid short term disability
Pros
Insurance, lots of days off
Cons
Could give longer breaks
Not a good place to work
Maint mech 2 (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 3, 2018
They don’t care about their employees, it’s is all about the money. Place is in poor shape and they don’t want to spend any money to fix it out. Would not recommend it to anyone
Ultrasonographer
OB/Gyn (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 30, 2018
Worked at facility doing a variety of ultrasound. worked directly with Lead on improving department. Trained students. Performed all aspects of Ultrasounds.
Maybe a good stepping stone, but that's it.
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 29, 2018
Started with health Midwest and stayed with HCA after the buy-out. Worked in total for the company for 16 years.
Senior Leadership rarely comes out of their offices and doesn't know your name without looking at your badge first, especially if your not in the "group." A lot of cut throat dog eat dog games played within this organization and if you're not a nurse, you don't matter. Turnover during my employment was at a company wide high which resulted in senior leadership being called to Nashville for a hand slap. This facility also has a difficult time meeting budget which also recently resulted in senior leadership being called back to Nashville for a hand slap, and the CEO resigning from CTMC in May.
Contrary to senior leadership postings and quotes, anyone less than a nurse does not have a voice and is fully expendable as they made clear numerous time during my employment. Anyone who was close to retirement usually had their position eliminated prior to retirement so the company could save money.
Benefits were atrocious as well. Annual raises were never more than 2% when we received them, but we were always told we were in the middle of the fair market for pay and benefits.

Like I said, good stepping stone, but I wouldn't plan on staying around to long!
Pros
Department Co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Well organized.
RN (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 26, 2018
I am new with HCA but seems to find a good rhythm with my team. Everyone is supportive and always have a helping hand around to lift you up. It was a good career move for me.
Pros
Well organized.
Cons
Staffing can be an issue.
Good job
Maintenance Mechanic II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 20, 2018
Enjoyed the guys I worked with and the facilities were good. The building needed updating but they were working on it. Manager was good about letting me know if was doing a good job
Productive and excellent patient care
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 16, 2018
From front office staff to nurses and doctors everyone was professional and compassionate. Excellent reviews from patients. We got free lunches on Fridays, birthday cakes once a month and movie tickets when we went above and beyond the call of duty.
Pros
Free lunches, movie tickets, laundered uniforms
Cons
Hiring process takes for ever
Menorah was a great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 15, 2018
Even though I had to take a position closer to my parents home and leave menorah do to their illnesses I enjoyed my short year employment there in the Family Birth Center.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Located in Big City
Not enough time
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOSeptember 7, 2018
When I started with HCA, I was hired on to work four days a week for one department. Soon after, I had three other positions added to my position. I didn't have enough time to get everything done. This was an ideal job; five minutes from my home and for the most part, I enjoyed working with most of my colleagues. I didn't feel I was valued there.
sanitation worker
Special Cleaning Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 5, 2018
it's had its ups and down,in general for the student or not it could a second source of income. They do have advancement for growth within the company.
Fun place 2 work
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 5, 2018
I enjoyed working with the staff a HCA.. I enjoyed helping around 2 make sure the patient were comfortable and relaxed when they were filling down. Nothing like see a smile on their faces
Pros
Work Every other week
Cons
Lot of times short staff
Overworked and Under paid
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 3, 2018
The staff is pushed on a daily with way to many patients and expected to provide daily care that is not possible when there aren't enough staff members to help
Pros
3 day work week
Cons
long and late hours, overworked
Duties
Administrative Assistant, Administration (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 3, 2018
Provided direct administrative assistance to Executive Management, to include the CNO, COO, and CFO with auxiliary support to the CEO
Project Management
Awesome place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 30, 2018
Awesome place to work sometimes understaffed but always management was eager to listen and make necessary arrangements to fulfill all employees disgruntilesness
Great Team Work!
Strong decision maker (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 21, 2018
A typical day, working on the Med Surgical/ Oncology floor is extremely busy, having usually an assignment of 6 patients with a tech to support us. I have learned a lot about caring for patients with cancer, as well as preparing patients for surgery, taking care of patients post surgery, and other patients treated for other diseases, and needing supportive care.
This floor has excellent teamwork, where other workers will jump in and help you when you need assistance. The hardest part of the job is definitely handling 6 patients over a 12 hour shift. I have learned a lot regarding this type of floor, for future careers in the nursing field
Pros
good management, good teamwork
Cons
short breaks, heavy patient load, staff shortage
Corporate Health System
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 1, 2018
This is a part of a corporate health system and it is easy to feel like a number and get lost. Change is hard to make even when it can make things better
Productive people don't even get chance to be productive cause of other's who like to be productive by mouth and not by working.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 28, 2018
Medical center's or hospital are there to show care by how humble you are not how much talkative. People don't go there to have fun or to appreciate or dislike someone they are their to get taking care of the issue they are going through and that pretty much it........
productive and a good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 23, 2018
productive work flow, learn coordinate staff, great management team, have many departments for a positive work place, hardest thing not to get attached to the patients, enjoyable thing saving lives and working with coworkers you get along with.
Fun at work
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJuly 22, 2018
I currently work in a Free Standing Emergency Room and work with a great group of Dr's and RN's. My supervisor is very knowable and the scheduling is very conducive to family life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA MidWest Health. Our community is ready to answer.