HCA MidWest Health Employee Reviews

Great place depending on which unit you select
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 13, 2018
Worked three 12 hour shifts each week. Given the department I elected to work in it was not uncommon to work longer hours or pick up extra days. The director and surgeon are wonderful. I learned a lot of new skills in the specialized area I operate.
Not a bad place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64132April 4, 2018
Not a bad place to work, but they could hire at least a few CNA's to help the nurses out. Nurses usually do total patient care, which means that they basically do the work of a nurse, and a CNA.
Pros
decent meals at the cafeteria, ok benefits
Cons
no/low cna's
Company in constatnt flux
Emergency Department/trauma Manager (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOApril 3, 2018
Unfortunately, the leadership when I was at HCA was in constant flux. If that were not the case, I would have most likely stayed there. The CEO was wonderful and is now at another HCA facility. The CNO also moved to another facility, but this was not a huge loss in my perspective. The ED Director also moved but this was a win for the facility.
Excellent place to work
Certified Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOMarch 26, 2018
This place always made work enjoyable, I never lacked for any sort of guidance in difficult decision making. Manager was extremely kind and valued my safety as much as the patient's
Productive and fast-paced environment
Patient Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 23, 2018
HCA is a growing company with a defined corporate structure in place. The policies are constantly being updated, and the working environment/culture is positive.
Pros
Employee engagement is encouraged
Cons
Too many hours due to understaffing
Fun Environment
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 14, 2018
Fun and fast paced at times, excellent employee engagement programs including matching charity donation benefit. Management always seems willing to help those who are wanting to advance.
Fast paced, understaffed, had 3/5 primary care patients regularly on weekends often did not have any patient care techs, sometimes had 6 patients
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 11, 2018
Constantly understaffed, RNs often worked nonstop until lunch, and still had to be on call for patients. often had 3/5 patients as primary
care with the patient care techs sometimes leaving at 1500. Weekends, sometimes went to six patients, again often without
patient care techs. Never any time for morning or afternoon breaks,
RNs expected to continually be available to patients even during
lunch. often RNs clock out for lunch but are in reality unable to take lunch especially the charge RNs.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
no am/afternoon breaks.
Greedy
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMarch 5, 2018
Very unfair place to work. We are human beings not machines! Employees not valued at all. HCA cares only about $$$$$....Looking for a job ?? Look anywhere else but this CORPORATON.
Hospital Setting
Nutrition Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 2, 2018
It's a hospital setting where dining on call and room service is used. Nurses help dietary with trays and menus, but most information comes from patient.
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
Usually have to work holidays.
Hca rn
Emergency Department RN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 26, 2018
Specialized in assessing, intervening, stabilizing and caring for patients with a variety of trauma and illnesses with decisive action; understood triage – prioritizing injuries and illnesses based on medical need; time management skills; complied with protocols, procedures, and safety policies; attention to detail.
poor management
Out patient register (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 24, 2018
the people in management are not very good at all. they don't support their staff at all. they tell ne thing but don't follow through on their decisions.
Great people but high stress
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOFebruary 19, 2018
Overall the company is a great place to work, however, the patient:tech ratio was always too high. I didn't feel like I could give the patients the care and attention they needed due to having high patient volume and not enough techs.
Pros
co-workers very knowledgable
Cons
poor patient/tech ratio
Most enjoyable part of the job!
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 11, 2018
Are the people I work with and the families we serve. Some of our families are there for months, so you really get to know them and what they are going through. They become part of the extended family for many years after.
Pros
My work family.
Cons
The company appears to care more about the bottom line then the people that work for it.
I enjoy working for HCA
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 6, 2018
I have worked at HCA Midwest Division since 2007. I enjoy working for HCA. I have wonderful coworkers and managers. The company is expanding and looking to the future in their endeavors.
Telemetry
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 6, 2018
HCA is an excellent healthcare company to work for. Telemetry is very faced paced and the staffing is not adequate enough for me to provide the care that I want to. I need to be working in an environment where I have a better "pulse" on my patient care.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Staffing
The atmosphere at work has devolved drastically
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 4, 2018
Our manager is incompetent and making catastrophic mistakes. We cannot report him because every time someone dares report his actions they're reprimanded and some have even been fired. We are extremely short handed as a result, we often don't get meal breaks, I mean no breaks at all, nothing tho eat for the entire shift. Manager sends threatening text messages daily regarding staffing. We're living in a state of emergency.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Our physical and mental health is at stake. Were being abused
Staff to patient ratios
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 1, 2018
Over worked and under paid and staffed. Loved the staff that I worked with and grew together as a team, most have left now or moved on to bigger and better things.
fun respectful hardworking work environment
Supply Planner (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 29, 2018
HCA is ab great place to work at the people there are so helpful an nice to everyone. I went out my way for those guys because the way i seen that they where really good people.
Pros
Group meetings
Cons
pop machine didnt have orange crush
Fast pace
Fill in as need as staff x-ray technologist (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 24, 2018
Great place to work... People are friendly...Even tech to patient ratio...Offer benefits, but low pay scale for experience. offers a variety work. great work ethics
Pros
great work ethics
Cons
pay
Great work experience
Patient Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 21, 2018
I was employed through the full employment council temporarily. I gained a lot of valuable work experience while working as the patient information assistant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA MidWest Health. Our community is ready to answer.