HCA MidWest Health Employee Reviews

Productive people don't even get chance to be productive cause of other's who like to be productive by mouth and not by working.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 28, 2018
Medical center's or hospital are there to show care by how humble you are not how much talkative. People don't go there to have fun or to appreciate or dislike someone they are their to get taking care of the issue they are going through and that pretty much it........
productive and a good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 23, 2018
productive work flow, learn coordinate staff, great management team, have many departments for a positive work place, hardest thing not to get attached to the patients, enjoyable thing saving lives and working with coworkers you get along with.
Fun at work
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJuly 22, 2018
I currently work in a Free Standing Emergency Room and work with a great group of Dr's and RN's. My supervisor is very knowable and the scheduling is very conducive to family life.
You are just another number there
Telemetry nurse (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66215July 21, 2018
I felt like I was just another number with a nursing badge. It is an environment of hurry up and get the dismissed and fill the bed before it cools. Overworked, short staffed, ratio is too high most days.
Enjoyed working at the hospital
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 6, 2018
I enjoyed working at the hospital and working with my coworkers. It was a place where you could get your payraise and promotions also. I had to relocate due to a family emergency
Pros
Enjoyed working with coworkers
see below
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Belton, MOJune 20, 2018
My work day consists of checking in patients, answering phones, etc. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting great patients and assisting them with their care.
It was a wonderful work place with very encouraging people.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  99 holmesJune 20, 2018
As a medical biller is responsible for submitting medical claims to insurance companies and payers such as Medicare and Medicaid. It is a position that is critical for the financial cycle of all health care providers, from single-provider practices through large medical centers.
people do not work together
Registar/Collector (Current Employee) –  RESEARCH HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER KCMOJune 19, 2018
My day at work greeting smiling assisting pt and family moving at a fast pace. Collecting info and money always on time. Work as a team player . The hardest thing when a pt or a child come in hurt or bleeding and than you have to go speak with the families.
I do enjoy meeting folks.
Too much Administration and Director turnover
Diet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOJune 19, 2018
This company is great if you want to be overworked. They cut corners by shorting their staff which makes it hard to work in that environment when you are constantly short.
Toxic Work Environment
Social Work/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 14, 2018
If you are not into clicks, please don't waste your time. Something like a Life Time movie. There is no solid support for Social Workers merging into the medical side of the profession.
Pros
helping patients
Cons
staff, management
Patient Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 10, 2018
Research Medical Center is a great place to work. Our team is made up of highly trained personnel who strive to make the workplace fun and efficient.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Pay is low by industry standards, benefits are expensive
Puts patients first. Forgets about staff
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 28, 2018
Lately the nurse to patient ratio has been very poor and many staff members are losing their drive to work there. Currently, hiring one or two nurses at a time and caring more about budget vs patient safety.
Fun place to work and the best thing is working with great people.
Cardiology Technician (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOMay 27, 2018
This is a great hospital, the staff is very carrying. A typical work day was fast paced but organized. The leadership team is truly committed. This company has many locations nationwide.
Pros
Free lunches now and then, nice physical facility, Good patient/doctor relationships
Cons
Patients unrealistic expectations, CEU's are not paid for.
Unit Secretary-Nephrology (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 11, 2018
An okay place to work, you can get overtime, good learning hospital,
Culture could be a lot better,work/life balance could be better, it is overall a okay place to work
Respiratory Therapist
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 25, 2018
OPRMC has a strong RT staff that works really well together, and are dedicated to quality care. Everyone has each others back, and the hospital staff that RT works with are very pleasant to deal with.
Pros
Team Oriented Atomsphere, Director that listens to us, and we always have the supplies we need to do our job.
Cons
Wish that changes would happen more quickly when needed, but they do happen
Director of Education (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 16, 2018
Organization where the MVV are hard-wired into the fiber of the organization and the staff believe and work to support the vision to impact patient outcomes in delivery of quality of care for patients that are served.
Great place depending on which unit you select
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 13, 2018
Worked three 12 hour shifts each week. Given the department I elected to work in it was not uncommon to work longer hours or pick up extra days. The director and surgeon are wonderful. I learned a lot of new skills in the specialized area I operate.
Not a bad place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64132April 4, 2018
Not a bad place to work, but they could hire at least a few CNA's to help the nurses out. Nurses usually do total patient care, which means that they basically do the work of a nurse, and a CNA.
Pros
decent meals at the cafeteria, ok benefits
Cons
no/low cna's
Company in constatnt flux
Emergency Department/trauma Manager (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOApril 3, 2018
Unfortunately, the leadership when I was at HCA was in constant flux. If that were not the case, I would have most likely stayed there. The CEO was wonderful and is now at another HCA facility. The CNO also moved to another facility, but this was not a huge loss in my perspective. The ED Director also moved but this was a win for the facility.
Excellent place to work
Certified Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOMarch 26, 2018
This place always made work enjoyable, I never lacked for any sort of guidance in difficult decision making. Manager was extremely kind and valued my safety as much as the patient's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA MidWest Health. Our community is ready to answer.