HCA MidWest Health
Information from HCA MidWest Health:

HCA MidWest Health Employee Reviews

United States430 reviews
fast paced
I have worked for HCA for 4 years and overall I love working for the company. I love my coworkers and manager. I work on the PCU unit which is a fast pace acute care floor the requires a lot of energy.
Difficult place to work, no teamwork
I never felt wanted or appreciated. No one helped when you were in a tough case or situation. Always short-handed with staff, so you had to stay late past your shift.
Pros
Not much, newer hospital, breakfast omelet bar decent.
Cons
No teamwork, negative atmosphere to work.
Good culture to work in. Many different areas to work in for experience (NICU,PICU,ICU,ER,Pulmonary Lab). Plenty of coworker helpfulness and a good culture
Pros
Lots of opportunities
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
It's all about a yes person.
Don't have ideas of your own. Management is looking for yes Maam only. She is passive aggressive so you can't really document the bullying. If you don't agree then you are out. They made me feel degraded and less than. I got HR involved and she wouldn't stand up to her either.
Great place to learn and work!
Management is very supportive and helpful. There is a great sense of teamwork among nurses and staff. There are many opportunities for growth as a nurse and various learning opportunities.
Corporation
I was a doctor there. First onboarding was about how my first duty was to the stakeholders ie shareholders. All about the benjamins. They also tried to not pay me for taking an additional call shift, which thankfully the hospital ceo remedies but it took a few months. We are all just cogs in their machine. My actual co-workers (nurses, docs, other staff on the ground) were great.
It is a job and nothing more
It is a corporation, through and through. They only care or do for you as an individual, as much as they are required to, nothing more.
The environment was depressing and over regulated. A number of the midline supervisors tried to make a difference but there was only so much they could do under such an oppressive structure. It was the first job outside of the military that felt like I was back in. that felt like i

I was laid off, along with all the other paramedics, due to “corporate restructuring “.
Hca
I love working for this company, my management is great and my team is great! The support system between management to fellow nurses is amazing, I would absolutely recommend working at CTMC.
Poorly managed
horrible HR, disrespectful Managment, they do not practice what they preach. However it is a teaching hospital, so you will see and learn alot. Just don't plan making it a place to stay. Smart Doctors, just short staffed 99% of the time, learn good time managment skills.
Collaborative environment
As a first employer for my nursing career, I felt I was welcomed and appropriately trained. I feel like I was given the resources I needed to thrive. I would recommend this hospital to others.
Safety First
The company focuses on patient safety I got burned out from understaffing and heavy patient loads. I was not happy for the last 6 months working because of the staffing.
Large metropolitan teaching hospital
Fast paced, 5-6:1 ratios, 12 hour shifts in a Level I Trauma center. Sarah Cannon Oncology Clinic on site. State of the art equipment for surgery and diagnostics.
Fun
Great place to work, enjoy my coworkers and the patients. It offers flexibility and ability to work in a wide range of settings. I would recommend to a friend.
Love it here
The fine people at Menorah Medical Center are some of the most caring I have worked with. They value me as a Respiratory Therapist.
They care about you, and that is the most important thing on in my book.
Please don't waste your time with this Zoo Dept.
Typical day is 7:00am to 3:30pm. Loved the Culture with the Nurses and Professional Staff at the Point of Use end.
However......in my Dept.as a Materials Supply Technician, There literally was ZERO Teamwork/Assistance from the Director down to Hourly Employees. The Director(she has the Title but ZERO Ability) sat in a Bubble and ignored the lack of Training and Teamwork around her. Individuals in the Dept. were Old and Run Down and the Team Motto was to "Feel as if you accomplished something at the end of the day"
Supportive management
Be ready to be astonished. Youll never meet lead managers like this. The building still looks new. Everyone supports each other. Security is kind but alway on guard.
Challenging environment
RMC is a good company to work for. Think of environment where all the families are represented (workers and patients). It is challenging of course to deal with individuals behaviors, but it is rewarding to know that you get paid to help somebody to get well or get a relief. Just treat everybody like a family member with all possible disfunctions is a good way to approach the challenges of the job. The management does the best of human means, but the healthcare industry is not easy!
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
High employee turnover
Productive work environment
I was a Respiratory Therapist for 5 years and I had a blast at work. The hours were constant and there were a lot of perks in leadership. I was crossed trained in the department for the Neurology Department as well. The typical day was very busy and very steady.
I have enjoyed work at HCA these past 5yrs.I intend to retire with this company.
I rate the company a 8 on a scale of 1-10.The population of people that are served there are very diverse and sometimes aggressive. Overall it works for the People.
good workplace
This was a great learning environment and good teams to work with! There was a variety of patient population which helped to diversify the learning experience.
Eh
Not a bad company, just doesn’t pay employees well. management was always super nice and helpful. definitely learned a lot when working there and would love to go back.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA MidWest Health. Our community is ready to answer.