Play YouTube video button

HCA Physician Services Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
HCA Physician Services Group selected this as a representative review
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMay 1, 2018
A typical work day was fast paced but organized. I learned so much from the Physician, because I wanted to, and the doctors where very willing to train you. Culture was diverse. The job was challenging but just like anything else you love, you learn how to get better at it. The most enjoyable part of my day was learning about patient care from the physician.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Flexible work hours
Poor Management
Practice Manager II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 11, 2018
The company is so unorganized, always rescheduling meetings never train people (you have to learn from other staff members instead of management), a lot of lying, lack of following through from management, drama, hr is also terrible with helping with anything and lack of support. The staff raises are nonexistent, staff members that have been there for years but getting minimal raises. The hospital that I visited was dirty and neded to be updated but the nurses were amazing. The company bought an existing company and laid people off but didn't help the staff member to be placed somewhere else within the company. I do t think that the management in Tennessee knows how the management here in Houston is and how they do not support staff members and that they terrible, I would like to talk with the president of the company to let him know what is really going on. I am not leaving a bad review because I am bitter just that the company was so terrible that I would never recommend anyone to this company as it was the worst place I ever worked.
Cons
High stress lack of team work
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Salem VAOctober 19, 2018
Management makes working there feel like you walk on egg shells. Techs are expected to do everything other than meds with little to no help. Techs are also talked down to like they are kids. Lack of appreciation, over worked with little to no breaks at times and you must ask permission to even take a break. Techs expectations on a normal day
Bath and change linen for every patient every day by a certain time (could have 30+ patients and 1 tech)
Answer all call lights
Do all vitals and blood sugars
Transport patients to and from procedures.
Absolutely little to no teamwork
Multi tasking a must and expected ( ex: techs could be feeding a patient and is expected to also take another to the bathroom at the same time)
Techs are also closely watched by nursing staff and if expections are not meant in a timely manner will be reported to management .
Pros
Benefits, able to accrue pto and Patients
Cons
Poor management, and lack of team work and looked down if not an RN/LPN
Stressful environment with no direction or leadership from supervisors,cut throat
Business Associate/Front Desk/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2018
I have worked with this facility since 2012. I love my job and what i do, how I am able to help patients experience a better visit to their doctor's office. We merged with a large company, and now everything is topsy-turvy. There is no one to properly train our employees, and no one seems to have any answers. We have lost mulitple employees due to the merger and the new policies. We have a skeletal crew, yet we are constantly having more and more work added to our individual piles, and the pressure is too great. They refuse to hire in anymore help/
Pros
Benefits, fixed work schedule
Cons
Lack of management, lack of guidance, lack of proper work flow and staffing
Difficult job with little/no appreciation; great co-workers
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 5, 2018
The workload is insane, and there is very little appreciation from management. The day-to-day work environment is fun and supportive from co-workers. It is a very difficult and stressful position in a busy office setting, made more difficult by the extra projects we're expected to do in addition to answering a constantly-ringing phone and trying to navigate a million different requirements from each provider. It's also very difficult to manage a work-life balance. There are a ton of days off available, but they cannot be used within a two-week period without penalty even for illness or emergencies. Call in too many times for illness or family reasons, and you'll get written up. It's definitely not worth the pay and not for the faint of heart.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Intense expectations, no support of work/life balance
Poor management you are just a number
Medical secretary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TexasSeptember 16, 2018
After 14 years working at CCSA I was just a number. Believe so. You will be too. Not to mention management has no idea how anything run. Poor raises. PTO IS JOKE
Pros
Doctors are wonderful
job review
Change nurse (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAJanuary 7, 2019
Present job requires 10-12 hrs of work per day on a salary. There is no compensation for holidays worked, extra voluntary days picked up or extra projects done. There is no compensation for special recognition from patients for going the extra distance to help or do more for patients/families.
Pros
working days
Cons
long hours and weekends/holidays working
Overall
HCA Physician Services (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 18, 2018
FPASH is by far the best job I have ever had in my working career. The doctors are terrific. Patient care is the top priority. Management was wonderful. Lots of policies and procedures in place to help ensure that tasks are followed appropriately and patients are taken care of to the best of the physicians ability. Staff is wonderful. Many long time staff members.
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 3, 2018
Work schedule is 6:30-5
I've learned a new system call Leading Reach
Management could be better
Culture is pretty understanding
hardest part of the job is team work, some people just don't have it
the most enjoyable part of the job is the day off during the week
Pros
I work 4 10 hour days
Cons
The pay considering I had 8 years GI experience when I started
Good company; stable workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNAugust 8, 2018
Good, very stable company. Executives care about the team.

Fair executive team. Opportunity for advancement is available.

Great, new location since the office moved.
Pros
Fun people who care. Loved my coworkers. Loved the leadership. Mike Cuffe, MD is fantastic!
Cons
Only 6 holidays, and they are not paid. They have a PDO plan where holidays, vacation, and sick come from the same pool. Lose vacation time for all holidays.
No Review
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WADecember 2, 2018
I have been with the company for almost 14 years. For a long while it was a good company to work for. Now there is a new managing partner who is a better doctor than business man. He expects employees to go without breaks and lunches just to keep the phones answered. Sometimes it is best for a patient to leave a message then allowing us to get an answer before calling them back. He asks you to take on more and more projects with little to no compensation. And he allows other coworkers to pick and choose what they do instead of the job they were hired to do.
Profit driven organization, needs of staff and patients are scondary
HCA PHYSICIAN SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLAugust 27, 2018
Excessive turnover in upper management. Lack of loyalty to staff. Disregard for the needs of front line staff. Profit vs people driven.
Minimal community involvement and support.
Pros
Salaries competitive
Cons
Staff development not a priority
Not the BEST choice
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 6, 2018
HCA does not support the staff. Overwork, no work life balance, Nurse do not have input in decision making. Poor salary compensation. poor benefits.
Pros
Cons
multiple
Awful Experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAMarch 9, 2018
It was an awful experience that I would not recommend to my worst enemy as the management acts like they care acts like they want to change things for the better, but yet do nothing to change to old outdated and reckless process and procedures that they expect their workers to carry out. I worked there for two going on three yrs and got a $0.25 raise it was like a slap in the face. Also, for working in a hospital you would expect employee discounts on food and illness visits to be discounted as you are one of their own but nothing. Absolutely nothing...
Pros
I worked Daytime hours
Cons
Everything else
Management is too worried about saving their own skins!
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 20, 2018
With decent management, advancement potential, and training for both, this could be a great place to work. Most employees are trained to do a specific job and then ignored, sometimes for years. Certainly a great place to go to let a great career die! Never any chance of advancement. So very sad to see so many great employees being chased of by terrible management (or the lack of).
Productive work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 23, 2018
I am very glad I have gotten the opportunity to work in this clinic. I have learned a lot in the year I have been working there, but think it is time for something new.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
HIgh employee turnover for a reason
Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAMarch 22, 2018
Typical day on unit: 6:1 pt/nurse ratio with generally no aides or techs. High acuity patients with no staff to accommodate needs. Management unconcerned with staff satisfaction, staffing, staff moral or proper training. Workplace culture is stressed and angry. Hardest part of the job is providing good patient care with minimal staff and supplies.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Unfulfilling and stressful.
Review
Family Medicine Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 16, 2018
Great place to train and great physicians. Administration was not very efficient when help was needed. They didn't pay well. I didn't get a raise after working there for 5 yrs despite asking. I had great patients.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Inefficient administration and horrible salary
Fun
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 29, 2018
Management was ok, Staff was awesome to work with. Doctors are amazing, No chance of advancement. Patients are awesome. Safe work place. HCA is a good company
Balanced Work/Life
Neurohospitalist & Stroke Medical Director (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 20, 2018
I have worked at HCA for nearly 3 years.
I have great colleagues with an ideal schedule which allows me to preserve a work life balance. After 8.5 years in private practice previously, I can say now that I feel like a doctor again as an inpatient neurologist.
The administration is fair-minded. The staff are competent, collegial and compassionate.
a job
Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA 24153November 27, 2018
They kiss providers behinds if hey are married and there spouse works within the company if one of the providers is a specialist. So they allow the provider to act in any manner. They also grandfather people in and do not listen when you point out when an employee is doing something wrong that could harm the patient.
Pros
Benefits and holidays off
Cons
lack of employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Physician Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.4InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight