HCA Physician Services Group Employee Reviews

Management is too worried about saving their own skins!
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 20, 2018
With decent management, advancement potential, and training for both, this could be a great place to work. Most employees are trained to do a specific job and then ignored, sometimes for years. Certainly a great place to go to let a great career die! Never any chance of advancement. So very sad to see so many great employees being chased of by terrible management (or the lack of).
Good doctors and staff to work with
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 18, 2018
Very fast paced clinic--doctors willing to teach--staff good to work with--Nashville traffic is horrendous-paid time off used for all holidays-not enough paid time off to allow for this
Pros
Good benefits and competitive pay
Cons
No breaks, floated to other areas on demand
a good place to work
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJune 16, 2018
It is a fast paced medical office, the day passes fast, very rewarding, most patients are grateful for the help they receive. Fellow employees makes it worth it all.
Pros
employees I work with
Cons
PTO hours are used to help pay for holidays
patient check in
Front Office Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 6, 2018
Greet and check in patients
Schedule appointments
Answer phones and take messages from other doctors, pharmacies, and MA
Assist with filling out ROI’s
Scan all documents to charts
Keep front office clean
Send Referrals
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
too far of a drive from my house
Crooked Leadership - Management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 31, 2018
This place is toxic. Leadership management are all friends, hire friends and party hard with these friends on a regular basis. But tell everyone that they are not friends. Welcome to Facebook/Social Media people, we can see everything!!
Compassion for humanity
assist in exam rooms (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 30, 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to interact with all of the patients. I get to give vaccines all the way up to assisting in physical exams.
Pros
Free Lunches
lack of work
Jr Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAMay 29, 2018
I don't think it is right for everyone to receive the same increase because some work a lot more than others who take longer breaks and do less work. Not enough work to go around .
Pros
great starting hours
Cons
lack of work
Unfortunately physicians retire
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 21, 2018
It was a good place to work. The environment was stressful, but you learn to leave it at work. If you have doctors that are good to their staff, you do not have a big turnover
Pros
Cons
Dr, retire and move on
HCA laid off so many people!
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2018
This lay off was a major surprise and the person that told us was so cold about it. Our patients were also very devastated. I would not recommend this place to anyone! I don't even know why HCA is still posting job listings in the Houston area. Do not ever work for HCA or recommend anyone to their facilities.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Got laid off
Horrible Company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2018
I agree with otherd its a horrible company to work for.You are just a number.They hire people use them at their convenience then lay you off unexpectedly.The practice managers are clueless.They are not there enough to even know how the clinic is running.The older staff do not even train you well.If you are not observant & catch on fast you will ne lost and the doctors will be mad an not even help you to learn.
Pros
Good place to get experience
Cons
Convient locations
vindictive, stressful and unpleasant.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 14, 2018
Management & Upper management terible.NP nasty and had no consequences for running MA's and Lab techs out of their jobs. Stay away from HCA in Florida
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Pm, Arnp, No conflict resolution
Just a number
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 13, 2018
I would never work for HCA again. You are nothing but a number to them. If you are sick or unexpectedly absent 3 times in a year, you get a verbal warning. 7 in a year and you're fired. Regardless of a doctor's note, regardless of any personal time off that you have. They would rather fire a good, experienced worker and have to train a new employee than to have any compassion for their people.
There are many, many duties you must perform but no time and there was never enough staff. The phones are ringing all day and patients are checking out, lines are forming but they want you to do all of these side jobs on top of it. I always said we needed dedicated staff for phones and reception duties and other staff for calls. Half the calls we got were for address, fax number and doctor info, for which we should have had an opening greeting when people called.
Rules changed daily, so even when you adhered to them, they would change and you'd be reprimanded for yesterday's work. It was such a high-stress job. I was actually laid off when other offices were hiring! Wasn't even asked if I'd like to transfer. Years of experience just thrown away. I was so much happier after leaving, though.
Pros
Free lunches now and then
Cons
Poor management, not enough staff
Poor nursing mnagement
Employee (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 12, 2018
If you want a high school atmosphere this for you.
Nursing management needs a total overhaul.If you are not one of the favorites watch your step.Be very aware .Can't go to management these are good friends
Pros
Time off, benefits
Cons
School girl atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMay 1, 2018
A typical work day was fast paced but organized. I learned so much from the Physician, because I wanted to, and the doctors where very willing to train you. Culture was diverse. The job was challenging but just like anything else you love, you learn how to get better at it. The most enjoyable part of my day was learning about patient care from the physician.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Flexible work hours
Fast paced
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLMay 1, 2018
Fast paced company, great management and staff, and the providers are the best. A great place to learn. Providers are always eager to teach new things to the staff.
very corporate culture
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 14, 2018
I was overwhelmed with my job and didn't think that I was given enough time, etc. to get done what I needed. I had more responsibilities that my job description. Things at my office were poorly run at times, and it's hard to come back from that.
Cons
extremely stressful
Fast paced very competetive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAApril 11, 2018
Like any other medical office, I was responsible for triaging patients getting them prepped to see the doctor. Assisted with any minor surgical procedures, administered medications via nebulizers and injections.
Pros
short lunches
Cons
not given enough working hours
Company Defunct
Business Development and Consulting (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 10, 2018
Company Defunct therefore no information to be provided at this time and no longer affiliated with this company or any type of association with it's managing partners.
Horrible place
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAApril 2, 2018
This is a horrible company to work for, they don’t care about employees you are just a number to them. Management is an absolute joke, they have no idea what they are doing and they tell you to do something a certain way and the next week you get fired for doing what you were told to do in the first place! You also have to use your own PTO for holidays or you don’t get paid for it even though the office is closed! The only thing enjoyable is some employees but you have to be careful because some are very sneaky and two faced, just don’t waste your time with this place!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Almost anything you can think of
This is my review
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORApril 2, 2018
I am not interested in reviewing my former companies at this time and should not be forced to. I understand that you are supposed to ask, but I am not going to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Physician Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.4

4.0Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight