HCA Physician Services Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor management you are just a number
Medical secretary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TexasSeptember 16, 2018
After 14 years working at CCSA I was just a number. Believe so. You will be too. Not to mention management has no idea how anything run. Poor raises. PTO IS JOKE
Pros
Doctors are wonderful
awesome
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLSeptember 8, 2018
This place was awesome to work for. I did my internship there. The staff went up and beyond to help me learn everything that i need to know and how to run the office and learning the billing process
Teamwork!
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KY 40601September 6, 2018
Sometimes things can get a little crazy, busy, never know which way the day is going to go, but having good teamwork and employees with a willingness to work together is what makes the days go by as smoothly as possible!
Productive workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 31, 2018
Management is great as well as physicians. Staff was like family. We all worked well as a team. Helping our patients to the best of my ability was my favorite part of the job.
Fun
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 29, 2018
Management was ok, Staff was awesome to work with. Doctors are amazing, No chance of advancement. Patients are awesome. Safe work place. HCA is a good company
Profit driven organization, needs of staff and patients are scondary
HCA PHYSICIAN SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLAugust 27, 2018
Excessive turnover in upper management. Lack of loyalty to staff. Disregard for the needs of front line staff. Profit vs people driven.
Minimal community involvement and support.
Pros
Salaries competitive
Cons
Staff development not a priority
Great company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgan, UTAugust 25, 2018
HCA is a great place to work! I have worked other good places but this is an exceptional company. They stay up to date on new provider information and hire good quality staff.
Productive with great patient care
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNAugust 21, 2018
A typical day at work would be to come in and have a morning meeting to discuss how we would like the day to go. get a plan in place then try and accomplish that goal. Patient care was the number one goal. my co-workers and boss were an awesome group to work with. I have to say the hardest part of my job was trying to get an authoraztion fromthe insurance companies. The most enjoyable part was seeing the patients and hearing the stories they told. Seeing patients on a weekly basis you get attached.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
high insurance premiums
management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 20, 2018
The management at the office I worked was really bad. They don't care about good patient care or if there employees are overworked and unhappy.It was a bad work environment. the pay was alos less than everywhere else. I would recommend not applying for any clinic jobs there located in West Jordan.
Fast paced
Medical Assistant/Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAAugust 20, 2018
Good place to work at one time....staff was treated like family, but need more communication between staff and upper management. Fast pace environment.
Poor Management
Practice Manager II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 11, 2018
The company is so unorganized, always rescheduling meetings never train people (you have to learn from other staff members instead of management), a lot of lying, lack of following through from management, drama, hr is also terrible with helping with anything and lack of support. The staff raises are nonexistent, staff members that have been there for years but getting minimal raises. The hospital that I visited was dirty and neded to be updated but the nurses were amazing. The company bought an existing company and laid people off but didn't help the staff member to be placed somewhere else within the company. I do t think that the management in Tennessee knows how the management here in Houston is and how they do not support staff members and that they terrible, I would like to talk with the president of the company to let him know what is really going on. I am not leaving a bad review because I am bitter just that the company was so terrible that I would never recommend anyone to this company as it was the worst place I ever worked.
Good company; stable workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNAugust 8, 2018
Good, very stable company. Executives care about the team.

Fair executive team. Opportunity for advancement is available.

Great, new location since the office moved.
Pros
Fun people who care. Loved my coworkers. Loved the leadership. Mike Cuffe, MD is fantastic!
Cons
Only 6 holidays, and they are not paid. They have a PDO plan where holidays, vacation, and sick come from the same pool. Lose vacation time for all holidays.
Patient Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2018
High volume of outbound calls and coordination with medical staff to complete patient medical needs. The greatest rewards are the patients satifaction of care provided to them.
Pros
Helping patient get the care they need
Cons
Long hold times with insurance carriers
excellent patient care
Medical Office Specialist/HIM Tech (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2018
HCA strives to provide the most positive patient experience as possible.
HCA is a good place to work for medically trained works and not so much for non-medically trained staff.
productive and fun
patient outreach (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 1, 2018
great place to work and very good to gain experience in the medical field. learned a lot about insurance and required tests among many other things that can be useful.
stressful
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  N Chelmsford, MAJuly 18, 2018
I think working there the employees just played favorite with the other co-workers. the training was too fast, hard to comprehend. If you did make a small mistake they did not bring it to your attention. to fix it or showed you how to do it better.
Cons
rude co workers
Review
Family Medicine Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 16, 2018
Great place to train and great physicians. Administration was not very efficient when help was needed. They didn't pay well. I didn't get a raise after working there for 5 yrs despite asking. I had great patients.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Inefficient administration and horrible salary
Medical Assistant
Certified Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2018
This was a very good experience. I was able to work hands on and learn one on one with providers. They are there to promote excellent patient care and it shows
Productive.
Skip Tracer/Collector (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 12, 2018
Columbia HCA was very driven in the pursuit of total reimbursement from patients. Skip Tracing/Collections was strongly encouraged and often rewarded.
Pros
Few
Cons
Multiple
Great Place
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJuly 10, 2018
The working staff is wonderful. However, the office needs a little bit more steadiness. The paitents are wonderful! The doctors are great and sad to see one retire.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Physician Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.4InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight