HCA Physician Services Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Featured review
HCA Physician Services Group selected this as a representative review
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMay 1, 2018
A typical work day was fast paced but organized. I learned so much from the Physician, because I wanted to, and the doctors where very willing to train you. Culture was diverse. The job was challenging but just like anything else you love, you learn how to get better at it. The most enjoyable part of my day was learning about patient care from the physician.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Flexible work hours
Poor Management
Practice Manager II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 11, 2018
The company is so unorganized, always rescheduling meetings never train people (you have to learn from other staff members instead of management), a lot of lying, lack of following through from management, drama, hr is also terrible with helping with anything and lack of support. The staff raises are nonexistent, staff members that have been there for years but getting minimal raises. The hospital that I visited was dirty and neded to be updated but the nurses were amazing. The company bought an existing company and laid people off but didn't help the staff member to be placed somewhere else within the company. I do t think that the management in Tennessee knows how the management here in Houston is and how they do not support staff members and that they terrible, I would like to talk with the president of the company to let him know what is really going on. I am not leaving a bad review because I am bitter just that the company was so terrible that I would never recommend anyone to this company as it was the worst place I ever worked.
Good company; stable workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNAugust 8, 2018
Good, very stable company. Executives care about the team.

Fair executive team. Opportunity for advancement is available.

Great, new location since the office moved.
Pros
Fun people who care. Loved my coworkers. Loved the leadership. Mike Cuffe, MD is fantastic!
Cons
Only 6 holidays, and they are not paid. They have a PDO plan where holidays, vacation, and sick come from the same pool. Lose vacation time for all holidays.
Patient Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2018
High volume of outbound calls and coordination with medical staff to complete patient medical needs. The greatest rewards are the patients satifaction of care provided to them.
Pros
Helping patient get the care they need
Cons
Long hold times with insurance carriers
excellent patient care
Medical Office Specialist/HIM Tech (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2018
HCA strives to provide the most positive patient experience as possible.
HCA is a good place to work for medically trained works and not so much for non-medically trained staff.
productive and fun
patient outreach (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 1, 2018
great place to work and very good to gain experience in the medical field. learned a lot about insurance and required tests among many other things that can be useful.
stressful
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  N Chelmsford, MAJuly 18, 2018
I think working there the employees just played favorite with the other co-workers. the training was too fast, hard to comprehend. If you did make a small mistake they did not bring it to your attention. to fix it or showed you how to do it better.
Cons
rude co workers
Review
Family Medicine Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 16, 2018
Great place to train and great physicians. Administration was not very efficient when help was needed. They didn't pay well. I didn't get a raise after working there for 5 yrs despite asking. I had great patients.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Inefficient administration and horrible salary
Medical Assistant
Certified Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2018
This was a very good experience. I was able to work hands on and learn one on one with providers. They are there to promote excellent patient care and it shows
Productive.
Skip Tracer/Collector (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 12, 2018
Columbia HCA was very driven in the pursuit of total reimbursement from patients. Skip Tracing/Collections was strongly encouraged and often rewarded.
Pros
Few
Cons
Multiple
Great Place
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJuly 10, 2018
The working staff is wonderful. However, the office needs a little bit more steadiness. The paitents are wonderful! The doctors are great and sad to see one retire.
Management is too worried about saving their own skins!
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 20, 2018
With decent management, advancement potential, and training for both, this could be a great place to work. Most employees are trained to do a specific job and then ignored, sometimes for years. Certainly a great place to go to let a great career die! Never any chance of advancement. So very sad to see so many great employees being chased of by terrible management (or the lack of).
Good doctors and staff to work with
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 18, 2018
Very fast paced clinic--doctors willing to teach--staff good to work with--Nashville traffic is horrendous-paid time off used for all holidays-not enough paid time off to allow for this
Pros
Good benefits and competitive pay
Cons
No breaks, floated to other areas on demand
a good place to work
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJune 16, 2018
It is a fast paced medical office, the day passes fast, very rewarding, most patients are grateful for the help they receive. Fellow employees makes it worth it all.
Pros
employees I work with
Cons
PTO hours are used to help pay for holidays
patient check in
Front Office Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 6, 2018
Greet and check in patients
Schedule appointments
Answer phones and take messages from other doctors, pharmacies, and MA
Assist with filling out ROI’s
Scan all documents to charts
Keep front office clean
Send Referrals
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
too far of a drive from my house
Crooked Leadership - Management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 31, 2018
This place is toxic. Leadership management are all friends, hire friends and party hard with these friends on a regular basis. But tell everyone that they are not friends. Welcome to Facebook/Social Media people, we can see everything!!
Compassion for humanity
assist in exam rooms (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 30, 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to interact with all of the patients. I get to give vaccines all the way up to assisting in physical exams.
Pros
Free Lunches
lack of work
Jr Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAMay 29, 2018
I don't think it is right for everyone to receive the same increase because some work a lot more than others who take longer breaks and do less work. Not enough work to go around .
Pros
great starting hours
Cons
lack of work
Unfortunately physicians retire
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 21, 2018
It was a good place to work. The environment was stressful, but you learn to leave it at work. If you have doctors that are good to their staff, you do not have a big turnover
Pros
Cons
Dr, retire and move on
HCA laid off so many people!
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2018
This lay off was a major surprise and the person that told us was so cold about it. Our patients were also very devastated. I would not recommend this place to anyone! I don't even know why HCA is still posting job listings in the Houston area. Do not ever work for HCA or recommend anyone to their facilities.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Got laid off
Horrible Company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2018
I agree with otherd its a horrible company to work for.You are just a number.They hire people use them at their convenience then lay you off unexpectedly.The practice managers are clueless.They are not there enough to even know how the clinic is running.The older staff do not even train you well.If you are not observant & catch on fast you will ne lost and the doctors will be mad an not even help you to learn.
Pros
Good place to get experience
Cons
Convient locations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Physician Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.4InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight