Play YouTube video button

HCA Physician Services Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
HCA Physician Services Group selected this as a representative review
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMay 1, 2018
A typical work day was fast paced but organized. I learned so much from the Physician, because I wanted to, and the doctors where very willing to train you. Culture was diverse. The job was challenging but just like anything else you love, you learn how to get better at it. The most enjoyable part of my day was learning about patient care from the physician.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Flexible work hours
Great Experience
Nurse Practitioner Student (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 14, 2018
I had a great experience here as a student in my clinical rotations. All of the staff were friendly and welcoming. Management was supportive and ensured that I was having a great experience.
Stressful, Horrible Managment
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  PlantationNovember 3, 2018
Your just another number there. They do not care about you as a person. Upper management don't have your back. Very disrespectful and don't expect HR to do a thing because they don't care and your waiting your time. Do yourself the favor go somewhere else.
Productive workplace
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 1, 2018
I had many good years with HCA. Fast paced busy office. Pleasant staff and physicians. Patient care was the priority. Well run office by management. Good hours
Pros
Pleasant work area
Cons
Low Pay scale
Ohng
Clinic-based Neurosurgical Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FL 34471October 30, 2018
I worked as a Registered Nurse at OHNG. This included patient work-up for initial consults and all subsequent appointments, assisting surgeons with any clinical procedures, triaging phone calls, scheduling surgery, obtaining prior authorizations for surgery and diagnostic testing, etc.
Overworked,underpaid,not appreciated
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 18, 2018
The doctors are wonderful and hold this practice together.You get to work and it was stressful from 9-5pm.Everyday when you clocked in you had loads of work from the previous weeks that had not been completed.We had to reschedule patients weekly that had been scheduled months prior that still couldnt get in,from some being rescheduled 6 times.
Pros
Doctors were very professional, cared for patients, employees.
Cons
short breaks.never appreciated
Not the BEST choice
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 6, 2018
HCA does not support the staff. Overwork, no work life balance, Nurse do not have input in decision making. Poor salary compensation. poor benefits.
Pros
Cons
multiple
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 3, 2018
Work schedule is 6:30-5
I've learned a new system call Leading Reach
Management could be better
Culture is pretty understanding
hardest part of the job is team work, some people just don't have it
the most enjoyable part of the job is the day off during the week
Pros
I work 4 10 hour days
Cons
The pay considering I had 8 years GI experience when I started
Medical Office Specialist
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNOctober 1, 2018
Fast paced environment in a busy doctor's office answering phones constantly while also checking patients in and out and scheduling appointments. Various tasks were in play all day long.
Worse place to work at
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 30, 2018
They do not care about employees who go above & beyond their job duties. Pay is horrible!!! No holiday pay. They hire people with no experience. Yuck!
Cons
No one else had a job like mine so I was pretty much left alone.
Credentialing/Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85718September 25, 2018
I liked my job. I had to stay on top of the providers to be sure they had all the documentation of their CMES, licenses turned in on time and sent to the proper locations. I also did disability forms which were kind of difficult but I tried to be fair to the patient and obtain as much medical data as a I could to provide their insurances with a clear picture of the medical status.
Pros
Working closely with the various providers
Cons
Many deadline to meet

Want to know more about HCA Physician Services Group?

Ask a question
Poor management you are just a number
Medical secretary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TexasSeptember 16, 2018
After 14 years working at CCSA I was just a number. Believe so. You will be too. Not to mention management has no idea how anything run. Poor raises. PTO IS JOKE
Pros
Doctors are wonderful
Overall greatness
Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Physicians are amazing, when fully staff the office runs smooth, nit picking of the micromanages is what has caused a huge turn over for the company. Would trust the physicians with my life and others
Cons
micromanagement
awesome
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLSeptember 8, 2018
This place was awesome to work for. I did my internship there. The staff went up and beyond to help me learn everything that i need to know and how to run the office and learning the billing process
Teamwork!
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KY 40601September 6, 2018
Sometimes things can get a little crazy, busy, never know which way the day is going to go, but having good teamwork and employees with a willingness to work together is what makes the days go by as smoothly as possible!
Productive workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 31, 2018
Management is great as well as physicians. Staff was like family. We all worked well as a team. Helping our patients to the best of my ability was my favorite part of the job.
Fun
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 29, 2018
Management was ok, Staff was awesome to work with. Doctors are amazing, No chance of advancement. Patients are awesome. Safe work place. HCA is a good company
Profit driven organization, needs of staff and patients are scondary
HCA PHYSICIAN SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLAugust 27, 2018
Excessive turnover in upper management. Lack of loyalty to staff. Disregard for the needs of front line staff. Profit vs people driven.
Minimal community involvement and support.
Pros
Salaries competitive
Cons
Staff development not a priority
Great company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgan, UTAugust 25, 2018
HCA is a great place to work! I have worked other good places but this is an exceptional company. They stay up to date on new provider information and hire good quality staff.
Productive with great patient care
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNAugust 21, 2018
A typical day at work would be to come in and have a morning meeting to discuss how we would like the day to go. get a plan in place then try and accomplish that goal. Patient care was the number one goal. my co-workers and boss were an awesome group to work with. I have to say the hardest part of my job was trying to get an authoraztion fromthe insurance companies. The most enjoyable part was seeing the patients and hearing the stories they told. Seeing patients on a weekly basis you get attached.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
high insurance premiums
management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 20, 2018
The management at the office I worked was really bad. They don't care about good patient care or if there employees are overworked and unhappy.It was a bad work environment. the pay was alos less than everywhere else. I would recommend not applying for any clinic jobs there located in West Jordan.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Physician Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.4InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight