HCA Physician Services Group

HCA Physician Services Group Employee Reviews

United States811 reviews
Featured review
HCA Physician Services Group selected this as a representative review
A typical work day was fast paced but organized. I learned so much from the Physician, because I wanted to, and the doctors where very willing to train you. Culture was diverse. The job was challenging but just like anything else you love, you learn how to get better at it. The most enjoyable part of my day was learning about patient care from the physician.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Flexible work hours
I loved working for HCA. Great company to work for. The physicians were very supportive and caring for not only three patients but the staff. We were like family!
All the staff is great to work with. The doctors are very nice and personable. The benefits are good and hours are good. Overall a good place to company to work for.
We work hard when called for however we can joke and enjoy our coworkers during our slower times. Management is always there for us when issues arise. Our work environment is clean and modern, makes for a very pleasant place to spend 40 hours per week. Enjoy receiving daily updates of our successes throughout the month.
Pros
High HCA 401Kj match, great health benefits, supportive management
Cons
Volume is extreme, I normally am very tired at the end of the day, leaving little energy for any personnel activities.
HCA is an amazing work group, team leadership and always trying to make sure you are successful in your career. You are given plenty of opportunities to grow!
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Large facility
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I wouldn’t recommend the job for someone who is looking for any type of long term employment. It’s a steppingstone for someone looking to further their career in healthcare. There is no room for advancement and management plays favoritism with certain employees. There is no positive feedback from management and the job role is under appreciated. It’s not uncommon to be understaffed on a daily basis and this adversely effects patient care.
Pros
Positive patient connections, Benefit package.
Cons
Staffing ratio, Biased management
I loved working with the residents here. The environment was amazing and it is wonderful to hear residents stories they help you understand life a lot more and appriciate the little things
I liked and enjoyed my job, except for the office coordinator at physiatry. She would yell at me that I was talking to patients on the phone too long, talk behind other coworkers back’s, patient complaints about her,. Administration was made aware, and yet she still works there!
I enjoyed the doctors and coworkers that I worked with, other than the office coordinator.
Pros
Hours & Doctors
Cons
Verbal Abuse
HCA is a massive corporation, and with that comes job security and endless advancement opportunities. They're all over the country, so if you work in once place for a few years then decide you need a change of scenery, there's probably an HCA facility nearby. They encourage current employees to apply for internal positions, which is nice to see. They offer quite a few skills development opportunities.

The facility is beautiful, with an onsite cafeteria that offers some pretty good options. There are walking trails out back, and the building is loaded with tech.

As for benefits, healthcare, dental, and vision options are good. The 401k match is kind of sketchy, as it's only deposited at the end of the year rather than for each paycheck. In addition, you must've worked 1,000 hours or more during the year to get the match, so if you start in the Summer or Fall, you're not going to get the match.

PTO is my main complaint; it's bad. Even my supervisors and managers complain about it. You have one bank of hours, which is used for literally everything. They even take hours out of it for national holidays, like Christmas Day and the 4th of July. It took just under a year to build up 80 hours (two weeks) in my bank due to the deduction of hours for holidays.
Management does not listen to the employees actually doing the work. Budget comes before safe patient care. Employees are so stressed there is constant gossip and arguments. Don’t work here.
Run don’t walk. This is by far one of the worst companies I have worked for. They do not care about the employees. They are bean counters. High work load and no appreciation for how hard you work. Compensation is awful. Management was terrible. I would NEVER work for HCA again!
A truly great company to work for. Lots of continued education to keep employees sharp. Can't overlook the stability and benefits HCA has to offer and the chance to relocate.
Pros
Education
Cons
Lots of meetings
This group work with many individual physicians and hospital. Responsible for doctors schedule daily and rooming patients. Travel was very minimum. Ability to stay with company and move around
Work can be rewarding and challenging. Great education incentives, family like feel though large acute care facility. Overall, all staff have a voice, and current culture makes attempts at making changes based on staff feedback.
The providers, nurses, medical assistants, and front desk staff were pleasant to work with and overall open to receiving competent IT support from consultants.
the managers are selfish and only look to cover themselves. If the managers are not affected, they simply do not care to fix issues no matter the emotional affects on employees. The turnover rate is extremely high.
They value the bottom dollar over their employees. They dont prioritize anything that isnt about money. Been here over 10 years and make less money. The competition makes two to three dollars more routinely
Management is terrible. They favor only certain people. Pay is not based on education or quality of work you do, management ignores complaints from both patients and employees, management talks about employees behind their back and create a hostile work environment. Administration ignores all employee complaints. Lots of verbal abuse by management.
Poor management they let employees talk to new employees any kind of way . Just because you are hire up don’t mean talk to us anytime of way ! Unprofessional establishment stay far way from this place drama an low pay . I’m so glad I’m far from this place . Save yourself the headache an don’t apply or work for this company run . They can’t keep nobody
Low pay with no chance for advancement .Management did not seem to care.And all employees were stressed out the majority of the time.The turnover rate was extremely high.
The best part of my job was the physicians and patients that I worked with. Since advancement options were limited and raises were not merit based, it created a toxic culture among co-workers. Definitely not worth all the time and effort I put in to trying to make the job work. Honorary titles were continuously added without additional compensation, just recognization from immediate management, but no one who could make a change.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Physician Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
4.4Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight