HCA West Florida Division Employee Reviews

Very kind and gentle work environment
Part time sonographer (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 25, 2018
Supervisor was very good and helpful. Manager is very thoughtful and caring person. Overall very very nice work place and culture. They care about every employee and their family. I like them. I enjoyed the work relationship and environment.
Pros
a loving workplace family
Boring, unprofessional
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLOctober 18, 2018
I was hired to basically maintain and retrieve records for a 3rd party company with the medical records department of the hospital. The job itself wasn't too bad. I was promised a raise after a probationary period...which was then denied in an extremely unprofessional manner. So I left.
The standards set forth by leadership are the worst in the industry.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 17, 2018
How sad to see such lack of integrity and professionalism in a global corporation.

HCA will hire anyone with a pulse and keep them employed even after the pulse is gone.

The leadership and lack of experienced professional employees makes what HCA does in the rest of the county not even matter.

Recommendation only: get your leadership out from in front of the camera's and into the front lines where the real work is being preformed and keep those first responders alive.

The community knows your the CEO, COO, CNO, ACNO, VP and Directors. The employees know as well, step aside and support the service line or continue the fastest employee turnover and financial assault of retention in the state.

Good Luck HCA WFD, wishing you the best!!
Horrible experience
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLOctober 4, 2018
At first they offer you the moon and the stars, is NOT true, the job is not that bad, but, the leaders, and managers are horrible, they treat their employees really bad, they scream at you in front of the nurses and patients, and in front of your coworkers, they claim to have team work, thats not true, they always short staff for the same reason people come and go beacuse of the treatment, HCA is good but their leaders and manager in this hospital in EVS department are bad people, horrible people and don’t recommend at all, they are not organize and if they don't like you, they give you the worst area or task to do, there is a lot of favoritism between bosses and employees, honestly is not worth it and the pay is so little for the huge work, I don’t recommend it at all!!!
Pros
Cons
All of it
Change needed
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 26, 2018
I don't have anything positive to say and my mother said if you don't have anything nice to say, do not say anything at all. Watch out for discrimination!!!!
Extremely busy
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brandon FlSeptember 2, 2018
Poor work culture, always short shaff. They have a lot of democracy going on and nobody is addressing the problem. I'm so sorry that you have a poor manager on the night shift this could have been a very rewarding career. Company is allowing bullying and forcing you to work in an hostile environment.
Pros
Cons
Compensation, breaks, management.
Management are Monsters
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLJuly 10, 2018
Team leader is a monster. She's evil and crazy. They set you up for failure on the first day. Expectations are unrealistic. Run away and don't waste your time applying.
Pros
Helping patients get their food
Cons
no breaks, management doesn't work with you
review summary
Emergency Room Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 12, 2018
Emergency Room Registration Clerk
Duties: Intake of patients completing data entry for their medical information, insurance information, insurance verification, bedside registration cashier, balance cash drawer at the end of the day.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
nothing
I would rather not comment
Physician Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  201 14th Street SW, Largo FL 33770May 4, 2018
Working for Largo Medical center was great, however the overall experience with HCA was average. The best part of the jobs was interacting with providers and patients. I left to relocate.
Great people
OR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLApril 19, 2018
I loved it but management didn't listen, made it hard to do your job. They don't care about surgeries running late . If they got written up like everyone else it might change.
Fast Paced
PRN Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 29, 2018
This job is very fast paced, however the people you work with keep the work interesting. The hardest part is trying to help distraunt patients and the most enjoyable part is helping everybody.
Pros
Free Lunch, Fun workstaff
Cons
Hours, Pay
Spineless hca robotic management
Registration (Former Employee) –  Hudson,FlMarch 10, 2018
Don't bother to have a life if you work for HCA.or HCA Shared Services..
They take advantage of your good nature and work ethic to a good job. They work you til you drop and til you cant give anymore. They dont do anything unless it benefits management. Forget if you need time off for an appointment. You will be told NO, there isnt anyone to cover you. They tell you your request is just a request.so forget work life balance. If you are lucky to get the time off you need, you are made to feel SO guilty by other staff members that feel they are picking up your slack because they have to work harder. Coworkers dont care about each other either, cut throat to throw you under the bus, this used to be such a FUN place to work but no one has the time to even say hello anymore. If you are saying hello to another your manager asks you why aren't you working. You are told
you have to speed up, or you are going too slow, especially the new hires who are trying to do a good job. Always under scrutiny to be accurate and perfect.Management constantly reminds workers the department is fully staffed but yet everyone is working their fingers to the bone, tired often coming in sick and working. Made to feel guilty if you call in sick,you don't get a regular 15 min break only your 1/2 hr lunch while every other department takes their lunch and BREAK.. You get spoken to like you are a child in a condescending tone, When you bring up an issue like staffing , you will be told "maybe you just cant do this job anymore" basically saying "there"s the DOOR" You will leave stressed out and sometimes
  more... so upset you do not want to come back. I have worked for them 20 plus years. I actually had to pump myself up with a pep talk before I started my shift. They want you to bend over backwards for their staffing issues but God forbid they come to your department to pitch in and lend a hand when its off the charts busy. Management thinks they are ABOVE coming in to work a menial shift. They FORGET where they came from once they have moved up and have been promoted. You are expected to "PLAY THEIR GAME" become one of their compliant robots. Oh and don't even try to contact your boss on a weekend they NEVER answer their phone. They wont let you try and better yourself, Management keeps you where THEY want you to work. They do whatever is GOOD for them to make their lucrative bonuses. What staff receives, which YOU BUST YOUR TAIL FOR will get you some groceries and gas. Management seriously needs to be overhauled they have no clue how to manage, no communication between them, they turn situations around to benefit the bottom line. They DON'T value their tenured employees with seniority either who have given their lives to their career. I have seen them all go one by one. If they can find the slightest opening to get rid of you, they will .. DO NOT TRUST THE SMILING FACES. They simply DO NOT CARE.  less
Pros
One or two coworkers, health insurance
Cons
NO breaks, no advancement
Not a safe place to work
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMarch 7, 2018
You would put your license at risk working here. The company states they care about customers but it is a for profit company. All they care about is the turn around. It is dangerous.
Pros
some of the coworkers
Cons
everything else
Business First, Health Care provider Second
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 10, 2018
Brandon Regional is like many HCA hospitals, they make decisions to please their shareholders.

- Nursing turnover is high and the majority of staff is made up of new grads.
- many unnecessary treatments/tests performed on patients
- Management is quick to cut staff and slow to call in for help/hire additional personnel.
- lack of equipment and hospital is littered with broken beds
-Corporate structure makes it difficult for direct manager to implement positive changes (hire staff, stand up for their staff..)

Overall, the culture is very poor. It starts with upper management continuous pressure to maximize profits and show a lack of respect to their staff and patients.
Worst place to work
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLFebruary 6, 2018
Working in the imaging department I can tell you is the worst possible thing. The people are cutthroat it is very clicky and no one has your back. They overwork you, they expect you to completely give up your life when they are busy but your hours are cut every chance they get when it’s slow. The only thing that Company cares about is making money. They are always understaffed and I feel like it’s almost dangerous for the patient. The best choice I made was to find another place to work.
Cons
Worked hard with no positive feedback
MLT (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Worked hard and woked overtime when asked. Management
never came around and said you we doing a good job.
Never received a bonus. There was a high turnover of
employees. Two of the department managers were rude and
had very poor people and management skills. We were happy when
they had a day off or went on vacation. Health benefits were
expensive. You would be wise not to work for HCA.
Pros
Cons
see above
great place to work
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Englewood, FLJanuary 10, 2018
my boss is wonderful, great environment to work, hours are great. management is great. been there over a year with no complaints.
hours a great when having a small child. they work around my hours for me.
Ping
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 4, 2018
Good place to work but really poor management need to be worked on if they really plan to keep people or would want people to grow with them. That's really only problem
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managment
Very engaging
Environmental Services Director (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLDecember 18, 2017
HCA gave me the opportunity to touch a patients life in multiple areas. I had various additional roles during my time there which always made the job interesting. It was really enjoyable.
horrible work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLNovember 27, 2017
Staff was not helpful to new employees. Seemed threatened by new staff members. Not enough guidance and education. Used new employees to blame for their own negligence. Very clicky..Not welcoming..Set up for failure not to succeed..Very disappointing experience
Pros
12 hours
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA West Florida Division. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about