Play YouTube video button

HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews

Found 4,215 reviews matching the search See all 4,296 reviews
Productive work place with professional atmosphere.
Staff Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHJune 18, 2019
The therapy department stands out at the Willoughby facility. Good team in place with good, positive interactions. Frequent problem solving needed due to scheduling changes on the fly, but the therapy team adjusts well and most of the time the other disciplines do as well. Management is supportive. The hardest part of the job is the time management due to inconsistencies with other deptartments involvement with the patients.
Great coworkers, no upper mgmt support
RN, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights CAJune 17, 2019
Evening RN SUPERVISOR PRIOR EMPLOYEE

NO desk assistant, RN responsible for ALL 24hrs of orders for that units 40 clients, ALL new admits on that unit (full body assessment + new orders + documentation of 4-5 pts), complete all woundcare due that day that Wound RN not able to do, RN to give any IV MEDS for LVNs, assess any post-shower client (15-18/evening) for any physical changes & have it documented, and read & co-sign documentation of CNAs, order all LABS, Meds, XRs, call. MDs, families or 911 as needed. Not enough RNs on evenings.
Pros
Great coworkers, wonderful clients
Cons
Not enough staff
Nice but difficult work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJune 17, 2019
They care more about reviews and stars for the facility than they do about the actual resident s under their care. Sweetest residents ever. It's alright.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management, no cafe or place for food, terrible working conditions.
Great Place to Work
Office Manager/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJune 16, 2019
I love this company. They truly care about the employees and are flexible to give leave when needed. Compensation and benefits are good. Local management allows you to take the lead in your own position.
I promise you'll never be bored!
Central Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MiJune 16, 2019
Fast paced, never a dull moment. One of the highest paid nursing facilities in Michigan. If you enjoy challenges and advancement, you will not be disappointed.
Pros
Advancement, free lunches, good pay, sign on bonuses
Cons
Can be overwhelming at times.
Management lacks compassion and empathy.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIJune 15, 2019
When I started they said they never mandate and rarely have on call both of these were not true. You don't get proper training and management only care about numbers. Your work life balance or stress levels are not their concern. They also start of telling you you case load is full at 16 patients but its rare to have less than 18-20 and if you are below that you run the risk of getting admissions frequently due to low patient load. Salary isn't the best when your working 50-55 hours a week.
Pros
Co-workers are amazing
enjoyment
Assist patients (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 14, 2019
The first place I worked at when I moved away from home and I enjoyed being around my coworkers, They made me feel I knew them since child hood. Really enjoyed them
Steady work 8 hours per day.
Cash Poster (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 14, 2019
Stressful to accomplish getting all expected done especially at month end to make their numbers look great. Raises were frozen every other year. Once raise were given it was only 1 to 1 half percent.
Don’t waste your talents
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIJune 12, 2019
Starting with the Executive Director Debra this place is a waste. Turnover is high...HR is virtually nonexistent....and don’t even think about calling corporate because they all are friends. If you take your credentials and skills seriously do not take the to Arden Courts of Bingham Farms. You’ll put your credentials and reputation in jeopardy. This place is very mismanaged and it’s rules are archaic!!
Pros
Some coworkers really care
Cons
I loved interning here and I hope to work for this wonderful company someday.
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJune 11, 2019
I had a great learning experience here. All of my peers were empathetic, professional healthcare team members that really know their stuff and help their patients get back on their feet.
Good
Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 11, 2019
I have maintained my status as a contingent nurse with hcr to this day though some facilities are called SKLD.I just enjoy the skills you both learn and maintain in the company.Several people I've worked with remain in the company and this is a joy as well.
Pros
training
Cons
workload
Great company to work for so devastated when it was sold
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLJune 10, 2019
The job at HCR manor care was a regular nursing job, but when you were working it was fast paced but you always felt you could count on your leaders to help. As a new grad nurse, I felt that they really were willing to make sure I was well trained and they shared their knowledge with me. Typical work day included direct patient care.
Many hours but co-workers great, salary competitive
Nurse Liaison (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 10, 2019
Limited training for new initiatives, with minimal direction from management. For major medical coverage - high deductible insurance plans. Competitive salary and PTO.
Good hours, pleasant coworkers
Admission Coordinator, Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 10, 2019
I was an admissions coordinator for Manor Care. The hours were good. If admissions were low they would cut other office workers hours and then expect for me to do their job for them when they were sent home early.

This resulted in an unbearable amount of work being placed on me. And the pay wasn't great for the amount of work expected of me. Most of my coworkers were very nice people.

Manor Care did alot of employee appreciation meals. But who was invited to the meal was very restricted. Because I was in the office we had plenty of lunches on manor care. Regular employees not so much though.
Pros
Good hours, nice coworkers
Cons
Very expensive medical insurance, too much expected of one person
Memory Care facility
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Geneva, ILJune 9, 2019
I can't say I particularly enjoy working there. I love my residents and that really is the only reason that keeps me coming back every day. My typical day can get very busy with cleaning rooms. The management is poor.
Pleasant workplace
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 8, 2019
Manor Care was a very pleasant place to work. The staff and residents of the nursing home were very accommodating and professional. The atmosphere within the facility was calming and enjoyable which made your workday that much more enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a home like environment of which the residents reside, listening to their stories, learning about the past and their way of life growing up years and years ago.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Health care
Horrible place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 6, 2019
HCR Manorcare Oaklawn West is always short staffed. Most of the time there are two CNA's, one nurse and 40+ residents. They expect you to service all of the residents, get a full set of vitals on every resident and chart on every one that you provided service to.The scheduler is always asking the the CNA's to stay over. Some of the CNA's work double shift 4 days a week due to short staff. HCR Manorcare does not care about their CNA's unless you have been working there for a long time. They pay 0.20 for a raise in pay and shift differential. They will fire you if you don't chart. I do not have a problem with the charting. What I have a problem with is they work short as I said earlier, 40+ residents, and all of the other duties of a CNA and expect you to chart on all of the residents. Then, they tell you punch out when your shift is over because they are not going to pay overtime, so if you're not finished with all your tasks and you punch out, you're going to get wrote up or fired depending on how many times you have left without completing your tasks. Also the new CNA's and the younger CNA's are offered more pay than the older CNA's. This place is horrible to work at. I wouldn't recommend no one to work there.
Pros
If they like you then, you will not have a problem
Cons
If they dont like you, then you will be floated every time.
Stay away from Three Rivers HCR
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIJune 5, 2019
Treats cnas poorly Treats residents like poorly.Hires sketchy cnas with bad records with abuse. Ignores more qualified and known to be better cnas. Everyone takes constant breaks. Favoritism is a major problem. Working there was horrible.
Pros
Cons
Poor coworkers
great place
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kirksville, MOJune 5, 2019
Great employees, great residents. Hard and rewarding work. Management is great and the environment is growing. Team players all the way around. Benefits
Hostile work environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 5, 2019
I loved working here in the beginning until they hired a new director of nursing. She is unprofessional and very rude. The administrator is acts like she is concerned about her staff but reverse is the case. They are always short staffed and do not appreciate their staff. They have staff that get away with anything just because they have worked there for a long time. The human resources manager isn't a people person. She only cares about pleasing the administrator/don. She requires more training.
Cons
Poor management, short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCR ManorCare. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41.1K
31.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at HCR ManorCare.

Powered by Comparably