HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews

Human Resources Sucks
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJanuary 22, 2018
The job is stressful and the pay is horrible for the work we do. The place is never at full staff, you can hardly ever find help. Most staff that does come to work is very lazy. Management is cool but Human Resources does a POOR job. The misinform you.
Nice Coworkers and supervisor
Buyer/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery County, MDJanuary 22, 2018
every day when we came to work the thermostat in the office was set so low that we had to turn on heaters and put on sweaters; sometimes gloves. Kinda sad - we did not know when the downsize would fall - bad for moral.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Low pay
currently employed prn
prn (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJanuary 21, 2018
great company, I still work there as a prn nurse, I enjoy the atmosphere and I especiall love my residents and staff. I have worked t this loction for the past five years.
Management stuffy, cold, smug
None (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJanuary 21, 2018
Management stuffy, cold and smug. Interview across the long end of a large table, arms crossed. Talked a lot about how they are the second complete mgmt team in the short time the facility has been open. Repeatedly asked me to take a shift I was not called to interview for.
Pros
Cons
Smug management
Don't work here
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Yardley, PAJanuary 21, 2018
Although some people are nice, the managers are horrible. A few of the CNA's are really cool & awesome. As for nurses and managers, no. They all talk/complain behind each others backs like high schoolers. Managers are unprofessional, accusing, and play blame games. Training was NOT the best or thorough. Break room is always noisy and loud. Overall just not a good experience, please don't apply. The only good part is how lovely and sweet the residents are, plus a small few co-workers.
Pros
Residents, Set Schedules
Cons
Management, Noisy obnoxious break room, Poor training
Great job for people who like to clean and have an eye for detail!
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 19, 2018
Ive worked in housekeeping for 7 months. I love the job, the residents, the staff, my boss! Above all, I cherish the smiles I get from my residents!!!
Pros
Working independently
Cons
We don't make enough for all the time and effort we invest for such tedious work.
Nightmare!
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yeadon, PAJanuary 19, 2018
Poor administration, nobody knew what they were doing. Staff and department heads just did whatever they wanted. Extremely disorganized facility. I hope my experience is specific to the facility I came from and not a company-wide issue.
Cons
Disorganized, poor leadership
N/a
Housekeeper and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 19, 2018
A typical day was a good day at work. I've learned a lot about the company and the patients. Management was okay, but they bad with communication at times. The workplace was a fun and loving environment. I didn't have any hard parts about the job. I enjoyed everything about my job, I got along with my staff the patients and staff was very loving and caring.
Pros
Holiday Partys
Cons
N/a
fast paced
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 19, 2018
provided cares to rehabilitation and dementia clients. Cares included but not limited to assisting clients in learning appropriate life and coping skills .
Pros
staff
Cons
pace
Busy managment position with growth and learning opportunities, great team work environment.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85718January 19, 2018
It was a busy work environment heavy emphasis on customer service and teamwork. Established a wonderful team and enjoyed my staff and our collaborative environment. Enjoyed working with our clients and families. The hardest part of the job were the hours worked.
would not recommend
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 18, 2018
would not recommend. I was an LPNteaching the RNs how to do clinical skills. huge click. some of the cnas that have been there for a long time do not respect the nurses
The work atmospere was quiet and quick paced
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 17, 2018
There sometimes was not enough staff support. Most of the staff were very hardworking and friendly. If working in a environment that is fairly consistent this may be the place for you.
Hectic position
Staff Schedule Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 16, 2018
No one to fill last minute call ins. Company did not always want to bring in traveling staff. Some shifts were almost always short handed of nurses or some were just burnt out.
The good and the bad
Administrator I (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 16, 2018
ManorCare gave me a lot of opportunities to change locations and build my professional career. Overall, it's a good company, but the benefits need work.
The place stinks!
STNA (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJanuary 15, 2018
This place stinks...short staffed and over worked. You never get off on tie always staying late. Arrogant, rude nurses and lazy to boot...no help when yo9u need it.
Pros
Cons
everything
management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJanuary 15, 2018
I felt working for this company was not helpful. poor management and overworked nurses with little staff help when needed. no one ever wanted to hear your problems and never helped when needed.
Cons
short staffed, poor management, too many hours
Manor Care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 15, 2018
Manor Care worked with my schedule well due to being in nursing school full time. They pay decent and the staff were very friendly. I would work for them again.
Challenging and Competitive
RN-Case Mix Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 15, 2018
Challenging and Competitive- The Job I held was very challenging and required the coordination of many members of the team. The work environment is one that could be described as desirable and fulfilling.
Pros
Great People, Clinical Systems
Cons
Company restructuring
Time managment skills
Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 14, 2018
Manor care was a great place of work, the people were friendly, the supervisors were always ready to help.
We work together as a team and we were very productive.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Health care
i dont really remember working here
STNA (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, OHJanuary 14, 2018
I worked here in high school a few days a week.. I obtained my stna license through the JVS. it was very hard strenuous work and I often did not receive help from coworkers.
Pros
Rewarding to care for elderly
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCR ManorCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9