HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews

Found 3,550 reviews matching the search See all 3,624 reviews
Stressful but rewarding
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, PAOctober 14, 2018
I’ve only worked at HCR ManorCare for a short time and while the work maybe be overwhelming and the pay not nearly enough for the work that I’m doing, I enjoy seeing the residents and spending time with them. Watching someone’s face light up when they get a strike in bowling or win a game in bingo is what makes my job worth it.
Pros
management
Cons
paperwork, pay
Best part of my times was my staff
RN Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PAOctober 13, 2018
Management became a joke that only cared about paper compliance and payed little attentions to the actual problems that occurred daily on the floor. Started to imply that the mighty dollar was more important that home and family.
Small Town Nursing Facility
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Bedford, PAOctober 12, 2018
Donahoe Manor is a small town nursing facility that is home to residents of the county. Some patients are there for rehabilitation after surgery or accidents, and some are there as residents for long term care in a skilled nursing facility.
Continuous care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 12, 2018
Overall was to be on time and provide excellent patient's care. Making sure patient's are safe and turning and reposition on those in bed. Provide comfortable and clean environment.
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILOctober 12, 2018
I was there since 2010 great place, I would still be there if I didn’t relocate. Flexible hours great staff, good management vacation pay ability to travel to differ facilities
Excellent Memory Care Model
Resident Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLOctober 10, 2018
I loved the residents and the team at HCR manor care, Arden Courts. Corporate support was wonderful. Only issue I had was with the Executive Director, too involved in clinical issues for a non clinical person.
Pros
Team
Cons
Executive Director
Loved the job and personel
Medical Records/Payroll/Coding (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 10, 2018
I loved working at Manor care, The variety of tasks were wonderful with payroll/ medical records and assisting the business with back up, The hardest part of the job were deadlines but were completed timely. I loved the interaction with the residents.
Pros
loved the job
Cons
Management sometimes were difficult to deal with, always with a smile
Good Therapy Department
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILOctober 9, 2018
The therapy department produces good outcomes, but management in the facility needs improvement. The transition process from ManorCare to another company that bought ManorCare has been difficult.
Awful DON rude unprofessional
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, PAOctober 7, 2018
Administration is unprofessional ...
Managers are unapproachable and unreliable ...
No team effort....
Location is good
Staff shows up late on every shift
Pros
Cons
Salary manager HR is unreliable
Becoming a Preceptor
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILOctober 5, 2018
The day i was chosen to become a preceptor was a great day for me. That meant a lot to me because I knew that the management was watching me work , and was very pleased with my work ethics.
Pros
Having appreciation day every month for the cna's
Cons
Working short due to call off all the time
Run far far away!!
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHOctober 5, 2018
RUN WHILE YOU CAN! I don't even know where to start. Training is awful, they throw you in to a pack of wolves. You better know everything or have been in this position before to even stay afloat. You better be prepared to train yourself with what they refer to as quick guides. The job duties in the hiring ad and during the interview isn't even 1/4 of your job description. They expect you to do a 3 person job. Support for this position is... well there is none. Corporate employees treat you horribly. Administrator here is a joke, doesn't do her job which in turn effects how you do yours. You would have to be an unethical individual to ever advance an hold a higher position. You receive no help whatsoever. The regional support talks down to you and treats you like your the dumbest, even though you will find many of their mistakes. Regional support is supposed to help you with questions etc. But when you ask their answer is always a fwd email of the quick guides which you already have access to and obviously does not always help, as there are a lot of grey areas in your work. EXTREMELY STRESSFUL. This is by far THE WORST company I have ever worked for. It is a blessing that I no longer am employed. I wish I would have read all these other reviews first. Appears they have this problem at all locations across the board. Hopefully Promedica cleans house if they know what's best.
Pros
Flexibility, relationships with residents
Cons
Poor Management, overwhelming, training/ lack of
A challening place to work but can be fun at times bad benefits
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 5, 2018
i enjoy working there but they need adequate staff on the floor. being in a rehab facility can be overwhelming and can cause issues with residents and care givers. without adequate staff
Pros
the employees are very close like family
Cons
challenging no good benefits short of staff all the time
very nice and homelike place to work
stna (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHOctober 3, 2018
a day at work is first greeting the residents making sure they are set up for breakfast. getting them dressed for the day and taking care of any needs they want. before breakfast I would get a report from the nurse I work with. the hardest part of my job is dealing with someone whose speech impaired, trying to understand what they are trying to say can get a little frustrating. The most enjoyable part of my day is making the residents smile.
Work place ethics
MDS Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 3, 2018
This facility was void of any ethics, late arrivals to work, on their phones all the time, ignoring call lights, long lunch breaks, leaving early. Administration ignored.
This company was alright to work for
Hospital Nurse Liaison (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 3, 2018
I did enjoy this company, however I was in a role of "sales" and it was brutal to try to meet the demands and the numbers required. Good personal however
Fun place to work if you enjoy working with the elderly.
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDOctober 1, 2018
This is a nursing home and rehab center. There are may elderly and sick or injured people. You must have compassion and patience with the residents and their family members.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
short-staffed
Nursing rehab
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 1, 2018
Patient status with rounds
how to take care of patient post-operation
rarely listened to its employees
have clicks
patient and staff ratio
flexible schedule
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
patient staff ratio
Turn around don’t drown
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PASeptember 30, 2018
Jersey shore HCR Manor Care is down right awful!
Drama, short staffed, low supply, low quality care.
I would not put my family member there! The turn over rate is awful. They deserve to be taken over by the state.
slow paced
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 30, 2018
Manor care is a great job its just a very heavy work load. It's a fun place to work because you get to become close with patients and their families. I liked it there.
Employees lacked work ethics
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILSeptember 28, 2018
Very nice position, had my own office, the there was no accountability there, I spent most of my time doing write ups. On my very first the I was given the attendance book and told to go back four months on all the employees & write them up, I wrote up people for 8hrs., by the time I got through writing people up, very few people should have been still employed there. It was nothing for me to leave on Friday well staffed and return on a Monday morning and hear that there were 11 call offs. I would put up a needs list, people would sign up & call off. I would sent the list out to other Manor Cares in the area they would sign up and call off, or just be a no show. My job was to meet with the new hires and show them around, go over their schedules & find out that they were let go because they didn't pass their drug test. One of breaking points came when I went to HR to see when see was going to start hiring people & their on the floor was a pile of applications that she told me she hadn't had time to go through, a another was when I went to the managers office and found all of my write ups piled up on their desk and the final one was when I went to the DON, and she inform my that the people that were there were from the bottom of the barrel, yet no one was ever fired, so I told her that I was wasting my time being there. That regardless to what I did things wouldn't get better.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, I was busy and not appreciated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCR ManorCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss