HP Hood LLC Employee Reviews

Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 30, 2018
This is a good company to work for. The atmosphere is friendly and upbeat and the work is consistent..............................................................
Decent schedual with rotating days off.
Dsd driver (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MAMarch 26, 2018
Place was great when I started there in 2012 but top brass forced out anyone who cared about the drivers. After 3 1/2 years working there I saw a $8,000 decrease in my year to year pay while working twice as hard. This place had the opportunity to unionize and they must have thrown a pizza party, because most of the drivers are too short sighted to see the benifits that would have been realized with a union.
Pros
Decent time off
Cons
Heavy workload in all weather and terrible plant management.
None.
Sanitarian (Current Employee) –  Suffield, CTFebruary 7, 2018
The Jobs great. If you like labor, it's your thing. It's a 24 hour plant and tier leveled by seniority so you might start off on third, and have to work for years just to meet up. I would not recommend it if you are under 30 with a family. It's soul draining...... if you're fine fine with brainless work it's your job.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Can be extremely stressful at times.
wonderful place to work, people treat you like people
Line Tech (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJanuary 23, 2018
I like the job, some of the best people I have ever worked with, the coordinator jumped in and helped out if you were having trouble troubleshooting a problem with a machine, pay was great but the 1 hour drive one way was getting to be too much for me
Enjoyed working with hourly employees. Management team worked well with others
EHS Manager (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NYDecember 30, 2017
Good place to work, good benefits. Opportunities for growth sometimes challenging. Cows never take time away, and customers demand sometimes placed a strain on work life balances.
Great pay and job security but no balance of life
Selector/Loader (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MADecember 17, 2017
Hp Hood was not for me. My reasons are mine alone. Would I suggest it to a friend or family member no. If you need a job it pays well however it was not for me.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management and no life after work
best
truck driver Class A CDL with hazmat (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MANovember 25, 2017
best people ever,good enviroment nice people good managment,good experince i dont regret to being there,great company im so happy to be there,no doubt
Good Pay, Good Community Feel
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 14, 2017
I very much enjoyed my time working at HP Hood. It was my first job out of college and provided me with work experience that I will be able to use further down the road in my career.
Poor management and down screen paper
Downstream paper (Former Employee) –  Winchester VirginiaJuly 12, 2017
Could not find management when needed coworkers where bad employees would harass you and there was no support stressful need better management and more cooperation from employees then it would be a great place to work hardest part of the job is finding someone to help you work on the machines
The office felt like a sweatshop environment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MAMay 16, 2017
Mistakes were not tolerated.
Talking was not allowed.
Friendships were discouraged
Time spent in the bathroom was noticed

I do not suggest taking an office position with HP Hood
Pros
Pancake Day
Cons
Everything else
Good environment and people
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2017
It is a very fast paced environment and is an opportunity for someone to pick up and learn new many new techniques in the dairy industry. It is a UHT type of plant and safety is of the utmost importance here at all times
Not Now
Network Administrator - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lynnfield, MAApril 14, 2017
Nothing to add yet..
Good company.. Job dynamics are changing.. Need to make a career change.. Not too sure why Indeed needs this.. Just filling in the white spaces..
mediocre
Lead person, Laboratory (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NYMarch 30, 2017
This company has a lot of untapped potential, once professionalism is established. Efficiency could improve if proper training regimens are developed and all are held accountable for their performance.
Productive work environment executing teamwork.
Payroll, Benefits, and Compensation Team Support (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 10, 2017
This was a temporary assignment. I very much enjoyed the work environment and came on board very quickly. The teams were very welcoming right from the start and the time I spent there while on assignment was very fulfilling.
Busy work place and some issues
Quality Control Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJanuary 25, 2017
As a lab tech with a Bachelor degree, you still get paid less than production fillers and others (with NO college degrees) and you work harder for nothing. Physical and mentally challenges.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
less hourly wages and a lot of work
If you are are not from one of there part of the woods don't both
Downstream Technician (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 22, 2016
If you try and stick up for your self it just gets worse d shift down stream papper is a night mare the support what support as sone as you learn the rest of people watch you get your butt kiked and make fun of you and if you complain no one will listen then it REELY !!!!!!!!!!!! Gets dark and bad after that like being in school again its a joke
Pros
Cons
All of it
Overall could be a good place to work
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEDecember 21, 2016
Worked there over 15 years. Management styles are absolutely horrible. Lots of stabbing people in the back as soon as you walk out the door. No privacy in ones private lives. This company should have been sued many of times for violating privacy rights.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor management
Overall great work place
Shipper/Selector (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MAAugust 23, 2016
Amazing experience overall, although some minor favoritism is obvious. Coworkers can be childish yet tolerable. training is easily gained for other areas by simply asking.
Pros
Pretty much everything
Cons
Sometimes favorites are picked by management
get experience, get out,
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 18, 2016
Pretty Chaotic work environment, lab is the last check for production. Any issues? Blame the lab instead of fixing problems. Extremely micromanaged and not in a good way. Changes to procedures without knowing, understaffed in areas of plant. Unless you are staying in food beverage industry, most tests are obsolete and data recording methods need to be updated for transferring into other labs. (no GC, or HPLC, or Mass spec like in most other labs) For the most part other techs found to be pretentious, management was to arrogant to admit errors, even when proved wrong. lots of overtime can be a good thing can be a bad thing, easy to make lots of money if single, but kiss your family goodbye.

I got my experience and left the company to a better job,
Pros
paid breaks, shift diffrential
Cons
12 hour shift, drafted overtime.
don't plan on having a life
Processor (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYMay 3, 2016
This is not what it used to be,it used to be a good place to work but now they don't know how to treat people.I was there for13 years with12 years in a position I enjoyed,then for no reason and with no explanation I was placed in positions I had no interest in doing.This was done through emails to my supervisors,leaving them in the middle of it.there is no more advancements from within anymore,supervisors are hired from outside and have no idea what is involved in any of jobs here and some are on a power trip.They look for any reason to write you up.safety is a joke,they make you go to meetings every month to go over the same things again and again year after year.If you do get hurt it's always your fault and not because they didn't address a safety concern,they wait until someone does get hurt then fix the problem.Production schedule never stays the same, you go in on Monday it says you have a weekend off but by Friday you will be working the weekend,so don't plan on having a life.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything