HP Hotels Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
No advancement, but good balance of family and work life
Floater (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2018
I was a full time employee for several years, and cut down to very part time. The management is decent, we are not constantly micro managed and we are allowed to make common sense decisions on our own. However, if we are the only one working that shift, we never get a break, and if we're very busy it's rare to even get a bathroom break. I've also been there 8 years now and only got 1 raise of $0.25 in the first 2 years, and after that nothing. Even if I went back to full time this would not be enough to pay my bills.
Pros
Discounts on hotels when traveling
Cons
No break when working alone, no raise in 8 years, low wage for cost of living in area
Awful Management
Self check housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 13, 2018
Housekeeping a joke the MANAGERS aren't MANAGERS at all.Never have supplies you need to do your job.Never can find the people who are your support.You can ask for days off months in advance and never get them for stuff like court or surgery.Its a sad case of a business.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
No employee incentives
Go work anywhere else
Front desk (Current Employee) –  Somewhere, USAMarch 16, 2018
Management is horrible!!!! No one wants to work for their pay. The hourly employees should really be the managers because at least they care. Stay away!
Pros
When I go home
Cons
All of the managers
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2018
Good place to work. A lot of demand but the management, culture, and work environment make up for it. Work life balance is not very good. This is a demanding role and requires high level of personal sacrifice to be successful. Compensation is good here though as well.
Pros
Good Leadership
Cons
Work/Life balance is not good
Awesome Management Team
Management (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 24, 2017
I have worked for one of Hp Hotels property for a number of years and I have never encountered any issues. Between the CEO, the AVP'S, Sales Leaders, Human Resources and the Revenue team you will find the most down to earth and kind people who put forth every effort to ensure each property has it's full support. They allow you to work at a comfortable pace, not too pushy, above average compensation and best of all the opportunity to advance is real! The most enjoyable part of my job for me is of course the ability to engage in the wonderful world of Hospitality and HP totally allows you to focus more on guest services than being boggled down with ridiculous loads of paperwork. Don't get me wrong there will be paperwork but 1) it all makes sense and 2) it all makes sense!!! I am on year number 6 (small break in between) but I could not be happier. I have worked with many other management companies before this one and let me tell you I'd take HP any day of the week.
Pros
corporate support, great compensation, opportunity to succeed
Cons
More benefits
Bad company
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 31, 2017
If you are looking for drama, working long hours. And to be completely unappreciated. Poor ownership and poor management to say the least. Very disorganized environment. Not a place I would recommend for long term employment.
Cons
Stressful
Complex Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2017
Good management and leadership who strive to develop staff and provide a positive workplace. I understand the responsibilities that are expected of me. I genuinely enjoy my job every day,
Pros
Freedom of scheduling and work day
Cons
Small brand, not seen as very prestigious
Keep movin on
Exec Chef (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 21, 2017
I was an executive chef at this property.
Found it to be lacking in integrity and high in staff turnover. It was dirty and equipment in dis repair.
Would never return to HP mgt. Not a group who have
Your interest in mind. Thumbs down.
Annual kitchen labor budgeted below 12 %.
You will open for breakfast and take the Trash out at close. If you take it be prepared for ridiculous hours .
The two best days I had were the day I took it and the day I left.!
Pros
Cons
All the above
Horrible
Front office (Former Employee) –  GAOctober 3, 2016
Don't work for HP!!! They tell a bunch of lies from management on down. High turnover from GM down at every property. Even in other states they may be growing however steer far away from HP hotels.
bad
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 26, 2016
double tree is not the place to work because the housekeeper executive is a joke liar that doesn't need to run that department he needs to fall back completely
Pros
nothing free
Cons
short breaks
Excellent Company
Area VP Operations (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2016
Empowered work environment with growth potential and consistent leadership. Opportunities for growth and development. Travel to hotels wrong the country. Independent schedule, independent leadership, experienced team.
Pros
Fulfilling
Cons
Consuming
Busy but fun company to work for
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  BirminghamJune 4, 2014
Management of hotels is primary focus of company with training to employees
Cons
Salary
A great place to work, if you're prepared to do everything yourself.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 19, 2012
I would have to say that I have grown drastically with this company, but I would also have to admit, that feedback is far and few between.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
limited feedback