HP Employee Reviews

Great company
Network and Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 20, 2018
I started with EDS and was part of the HP purchase. I loved EDS, but HP did a better job of management and internally taking care of employees. Both companies provided good benefits and working environments. While I was there work from home was their culture, but soon after I moved on they changed that and mandated coming into the office daily. I can work in either situation, but prefer working from home and actually do better that way.

Either way, I would highly recommend HP as an employer.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Company cutbacks and an uncertain overall technology positioning.
Toxic culture. Government class bureacracy. Skip it.
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2018
Not worth going here. Skip it. Toxic culture.
Really poor management and leadership. Full of politics and politicians who care more about how they look to their management than producing results. Lots of frightened people continuously threatened.
Pros
Old, slow very bureacratic if you like that kind of thing.
Cons
Lots of frightened people continuously threatened.
excellent
Telecom Specialist / Internal Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2018
Responsible providing telecom customer services to HP employees US wide. Monitor and maintain Northern Telecom Switch Servers, Adds, Moves and Changes. Project Management, Implementation and rollout of new technology projects.
loved this job
Advanced Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYMay 15, 2018
I really liked this job because I like working with and finding solutions to the problems with technology. I am always still who everybody that I know comes to for computer advice. I am currently trying to learn how to fix broken hardware.
Pros
working with phones
Cons
the tongue lashing that you get if they did not back up files.
First Job, too young to appreciate
cGMP Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAMay 15, 2018
HP was a great place to start after working on an engineering degree. I was often frustrated that I wasn't in a more influential position, but I was offered advancement shortly after leaving and am confident that things would've worked out. I often recommend both Hewlett-Packard as well as the limited capacity role of chemical technician in and R&D laboratory to engineering bachelor's graduates because I got good exposure to the PhD scientists who I was serving and was innoculated with an efficient work place culture before my later positions would set similar responsibilities upon me. Some of my fellow 2013 graduates went straight into refinery process management in Texas and were subsequently fired for lack of experience and something like that can be traumatic to one's reputation as well as enthusiasm for this type of work. Thanks, HP!
Pros
onsite cafeteria
Cons
contracting isn't great
The Company is Based in Panama
Customer Solutions Representative IV (Former Employee) –  Provincia de PanamáMay 14, 2018
This review does not apply to a US base HP location, but the one located in Panama City, Panama.
The Technical Support department ceased operations and laid off the whole workforce after only a year of being open.
A cool place to work
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 14, 2018
Allows you to take new training's and work in a competitive way. Very supportive seniors who help you get a good grip on the projects and monitor you to help finish the work
HP will take advantage of your complete IT Skill set
IT Developer/Engineer 3 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2018
I collaborated with other team members on a daily basis to ensure that the needs of our customers were met for each project/task.

Management was available to help move thru issues.
workplace culture
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 14, 2018
Fun group of people and had the opportunity to work across roles. got a chance to work with the Program team, the Business and the Development team. Intelligent and collaborative group members.
Changed culture during tenure
Global Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2018
The HP way has been dissolved since my time at the company. The culture was great and the opportunities to learn and grow were plentiful. the company has changed
Excellent company with big innovation drive
Global Portfolio/Business Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2018
Great place to work, compensation is very good, staff is very helpful, management is engaging, campus makes it easy to work and collaborate, global team is fantastic.
Pros
Single campus
Cons
long drive
It was a stepping stone
2 Desktop Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 12, 2018
It was a place that trained me and help me start off in my career. It was a help desk roll that taught me a lot that I still use today. Performing application and windows repairs that trained me in registry fixes and processes to address clients issues.
Pros
training and support
Cons
low pay and lack luster benifits
okay place to work
Premium Product Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 11, 2018
Call center - Good place to work as long as the work holds out.
Payroll funded in part by a state initiative so when initiative ran out HP moved call center to Puerto Rico.
Supervisors are good but not always available when you get a problem customer on the phone. Employee review is based on choosing a random service call recording. The odds of choosing a call that effectively covers ALL the aspects of the reviewers checklist is seldom in your favor. First 12-14 months were great then management restructuring and other changes made the environment tedious. Was actually pleased when I was laid off.
Pros
Employee Appreciation events
Cons
Effectiveness review based on random phone call
Worked with one person here
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 11, 2018
as a consultant. I unfortunately don't know much about the culture there but I can say that it seemed pretty slow paced. I don't really like this 150 character minimum on Indeed.
Interesting work - good people to work with, compensation is awful
Chief Architect & Transformation Strategist, (Former Employee) –  GlobalMay 10, 2018
Money was kept for the senior execs. Technologist were not justly rewarded, raises were unheard of in the later years. As things went on their attitude was "vote with your feet"
ok
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington County, DCMay 10, 2018
ok, depends on the contract you are on. I don't have much to say more than that. This forum is requiring me to write more words than what I have to say and that was everything I had to say.
Wonderful Place to work
Computer Server Contract Admin / Senior Desktop (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 10, 2018
Team and Management work great with you. Achieving your potential and creating new goals. I have enjoy working there with a intelligent structure. Management is very flexible with you. Scheduling are flexible as well.
Pros
Breaks
Environment
Federal Service Desk Team Lead (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMay 10, 2018
As a call center Team Lead I found HP to be a team working environment no matter what the day may bring. There aren't typical days but I'd call them new experiences. Employees work together well and enjoy coming to work. Aggressive Training updates and iinformation sharing is a plus for this company. The weekly training of employees to suceed is priceless. As with all companies there are challenges with some management personel who aren't exactly knowledgeable to assist with call center employee question mainly because they were placed in position from other areas of expertise.
I understand the process of taking care of tenured emploees but it does cause a problem with hourly staff when they don't have a knowlegeable Manager to help when needed. I enjoyed working as Team Lead because I love a challenge and being knowledgeable enough to assist follow employees gave me great pleasure. HP supplied the training for me to advance.
Pros
team working environment, Training, advancement opportunities, open door policy
Cons
breaks and lunches not standard when busy, When slow hours are cut short without advanced notice but mandatory overtime when they decide.
Great place to expand and try new things
R&D Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 9, 2018
Workspace is limited, but you never do the same thing... technology and people are great to work with! Encouraged to try new job areas. A must place to work if you don't mind change.
Great Work Environment
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2018
I worked for ISS Integrated Inc. Not HP I was a placed in that office as the facilities Coordinator which was a great experience and work environment. These questions are answered on the basis of ISS not HP.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K
43.6K
32K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight