HP Employee Reviews

Found 5,344 reviews matching the search See all 11,239 reviews
A nice place to work with good people and managers.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRFebruary 15, 2019
Most of the employees used to compare Hewllet Packard to Disney World. The pay compensation was really good, no strees at all, always good communication, great insurance plan, 401k, excellent
management.
Pros
everything.
Cons
Nice people, and good benefits
Analytics Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2019
I worked in HP as a consultant for 5 months and therefore didn't get a chance to interact with a lot of employees, but I had a very positive interaction with my team
Glad HP span off the Big Data Professional Services org
Technical Consultant III | Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 14, 2019
It made a good impact for HP to sold the Big Data Professional Services. It made a lot of sense back then. From the previous acquisition of Autonomy with all of the respective products, it was a relative nightmare to make it a successful division and so for the professional services.
Work from home
Technical Solutions Rep III (Former Employee) –  Home-officeFebruary 14, 2019
The last 7 years were great as I was able to work from home 5 days a week. Salary was adequate but constantly worried about job security.

Overall it was not a terrible place to earn a living.
Consistent job
Global Multi-vendor Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXFebruary 14, 2019
The job was good. I was disappointed that I was laid off after 32yrs working for them. They hire kids right out of college but lay off folks who have lots of experience
Pros
work life
Cons
Work force reductions
Great place to learn and advance with your career
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 14, 2019
The scope of the company allows for a multidimensional career progression. One can get exposed to technology, business processes and customer management during their tenure. Work-life balance depends on each particular team, its focus and balanced staffing. The direct manager can significantly influence the job experience for their respective employees
Was a good company to work for overall
Corporate Sales PC and Print Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 13, 2019
Stressful, Regular pay plus commissions. Commissions were good.
Deal with the stress and craziness for 2 to 3 years and make those big commission checks. Will set one up nicely.
Pros
Big company with a lot of perks
Cons
Gray hair early, work life balance is hard to maintain.
Not a good experience
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 12, 2019
Company just need to pair of arms to do the job. A constant change of supervisor and managers contributed to a lower impact culture affection the overall performance.
Pros
Cons
Low impact interest for the best of its employees
Building Servers at HP
Assembly and Testing II (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXFebruary 12, 2019
The Culture of the job was really nice, I got to work and meet with people from all over the world, it was very interesting and i learned a lot. The pay wasn't great, but it made up for it in the knowledge i gained and the experience i took with me when i left.
They need to take care of employees
TS Field Engineer, Data Center (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 11, 2019
Rehire the employees that were laid off and offer them theit jobs back . I dont really want to put more about this company in this review . So I’d like to stop writing
Pros
Nice company
Cons
Didn’t take care of me as a loyal employe
Lead Performance Testing position (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAFebruary 11, 2019
Hp had good training and was a great place to work. The culture was great. People great. Compensation was great.. office was good. training was good.
Pros
flexable
Cons
could pay better
Great people to work with
General Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 11, 2019
Great company to work for at the time but market changes drove work force reductions. After six rounds of work force reductions I was given an opportunity to relocate but was not able to leave current area due to personal reasons.
HP is a Layoff Machine
UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2019
HP is controlled by, and run for the benefit of large investors. They manage only the cost side of the balance sheet, and figure that's good enough. There is zero job security, and no accountability. Run; save yourself.
stop micromanagement let them work
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 10, 2019
When working on the phone it is hard to limit a customer to a time limit and give them good service. I feel the customer service person should be allowed enough time to complete the call effectilvely and professionally with out being penalized.
Hardware Only
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 10, 2019
HP Inc has been making a push away from software solutions since the split from Enterprise, and steering into their hardware offerings. I participated in more code reviews and software training/collaboration on best practices as an intern than as a full-time employee. Structures are setup to send as much software work overseas as possible, while shrinking the remaining software teams located in the U.S. Multiple teams, including some outside of software, were completely erased practically overnight, with less than 48 hours notice given in some cases before shutting down.
My typical day would consist of morning meetings to catch up with the overseas development partners, at least 1 hour up to 3, followed by debugging some of the work from overseas. Lunch was at the unsubsidized cafeteria or at a nearby restaurant, followed by some kind of staff or team meeting for an hour or so. I would then have time for catching up on customer requests, which is generally how I would spend the remainder of my day. On average, I would have around 4 hours of personal work time on any given day, with the rest of the time being taken up by meetings or cleaning code from overseas. My personal work almost entirely consisted of debugging and maintenance efforts, because the backlog of defects grew faster than the team could handle for years before I joined.
Pros
Slow-paced, Fun company outings, Onsite Gym
Cons
Salary, no on-the-job training, top down management, software development, IT infrastructure
Internal opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 9, 2019
Various positions and opportunities
- worked with great teams
- travel opportunities
- strong company values for most of my tenure
- depending on position, great workplace culture
Pros
Pay and benefit packages were good
Cons
shift in company priorities
Busy workplace
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 9, 2019
The work at HP was rewarding. I appreciated being given the opportunity to learn new and exciting things. The people I worked with were amazing and I am forever grateful for the many long-lasting friendships I developed.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Too many layoffs
alright
Server Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 8, 2019
it was ok working there. the night shift was rough but ZI soon got the hang of it and then things got better. a chance for a raise it hard but it does
Good company
Global Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAFebruary 8, 2019
This needs to be filled out in order to continue through the process. HP seemed like a good place work. they acquired personnel from EDS and retained our seniority time.
HP was heavily in the midst of transforming EDS after acquisition
Senior Finance Manager Roles (FP&A and Accounting) (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Overall HP is a decent company. Transformation after acquisition is difficult for all, learning the new environment, processes, requirements and culture.
Pros
Benefits and pay were decent
Cons
Layoff of so many people from EDS.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K
44K
32.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at HP.

Powered by Comparably