HP Employee Reviews

Found 5,224 reviews matching the search See all 10,980 reviews
Over all review on HP repairs and replacement.
PC Tech (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILDecember 10, 2018
Much of the work I did for HP while working for Smart Source Systems and Peak Systems was break/fix. I replaced hard drives, and a motherboards on a HP desktop PC. I also had to re-image 2 laptop computers and did troubleshooting on computers and printers when the problem was not readily known.
Pros
HP laptop and desktop computers are easy to repair .
Cons
Some items were difficult to reach during repairs or replacement..
A well run company
CONSIGNMENT SALES (Former Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 10, 2018
During my time with HP, for the most part, Bill and Dave were there to right the ship when it went a little south. People and family came first, Wall Street didn't influence them one bit. People want to succeed and as a result, so did HP...

It's sad that companies today don't have this philosophy, because it was extremely successful, you road out the bad times, kept talent and prospered when things turned around.
Good company work with.
Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2018
Lots of knowledgeable engineers worked for HP, it is a nice place to work there. Strong technical support from the other groups are satisfied. If you can integrate yourself with people in power and show that you can be social during work and after hours, you can do well here.
TECHNICAL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2018
Good place to work, when you put in the hours, depending on the department you are working on. Also travel is involved, with meeting clients face to face and presenting the HP Solution to them. Good times :-)
Worked remotely so I set my own hours.
VPC Engineer - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 8, 2018
I had the pleasure of meeting many people world-wide through the projects that I was assigned as a VPC engineer. Most everyone I met was pleasant and easy to work with. Truly loved my time with HPE.
Productive and pro-active career enhancement
EAI SAP PI Integration Team Member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 8, 2018
HP was a very good company to work at for cultural and benefits rewards reasons. They results oriented with career enhancement approach and career enhancement rewards and opportunities. Education and Work Life balance considerations. Management was very professional and supportive.
Great Place to Work Pre-Split
Senior Patent Counsel (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 7, 2018
I left HP before the split in Autumn of 2015, so I really have no opinion about working there now. In the years I did work for HP (2009-2015), I was allowed to work remotely, and was well-compensated for my work.
The best placed I have ever worked
Technician (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRDecember 7, 2018
Trouble shooting, training, machinery repairs and modifications,Team work, PLCs and programming, modifications, continuous improvement, the best culture, gym,cafeteria,baseball park,tennis courts
Some good stuff and some not so good
Vancouver WA Senior Firmware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 6, 2018
HP provided tremendous freedom in working habits, but their 23 million line codebase is ancient (25+ years) and written with a diversity of home-grown interfaces which have not aged gracefully. The build systems are highly complex but they usually work. When they don't, it is very difficult to diagnose alone.

The bright side is that the product line has a tremendous amount of functionality: servo controls to color matching, WiFi to media handling, LCD display drivers to multi-processor use.

The code's documentation is horrible. One is expected to track down the author and talk to them, a very slow and error-prone process. What should take a few hours in a modern development environment takes day or week at HP.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
a lot of low-value meetings
Came in via acquisition
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PADecember 6, 2018
Supposedly most successful acquisition integration. Left as they closed many of the remote workforce and wanted employees to work at a main office building. Product Marketing = Product Marketing + Product Management.
Comm Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2018
Hp offers a good work environment and competitive wages. Training is held regularly and targeted at improving your job skills. Insurance and other benefits are good
Pros
Good campus Location
Relaxed Enviorment
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARDecember 6, 2018
They always had vendors come in and sell breakfast every morning, there were ping pong tables, basketball courts, lounge ares for naps and alot of creative spaces around the facility. It was in Conway so there was always food catered and the ambiance was very nice.
Pros
The flexibility of the hours
Cons
Sales Driven and chaotic
Nice place to work
SQL Server DBA (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 5, 2018
Nice place to work. Good work culture and nice environment.
They allow remote work which saves a lot of travel time.
Managers are also quite understanding.
Good company to work for and great colleagues.
Procurement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 5, 2018
My last 10 years with HP as a Procurement Engineer I was heavily involved as the business and technical interface between HP R&D and power adapter manufacturers in China.
Pros
Great, smart colleagues! Asian travel. Able to work remotely some.
Cons
Lack of job security. Layoffs announced approx every 4 month (employee moral).
Great Place to Work
Technology Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARDecember 4, 2018
Wonderful experience with HP. Excellent management, growth opportunities and great people to work with. I would recommend HP to anyone that is in the market for a great place to work.
HP: what once was won’t be again
Regional Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 4, 2018
Hewlett Packard was a formidable company, but sadly is no more. The succession of bad CEOs and decisions to put management ahead have decimated this once great company. The split into HPE and HPI was the first blow; the final came when CSC took over most of HPE to create DXC technologies.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Never sure if you will have a job the next day
I was a contractor that worked from home office
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Work from homeDecember 4, 2018
My managers were amazing. They took the time to work with you on anything you didn't understand. I did not work at the office, i worked from home so im not sure how the workplace culture is. The most enjoyable part of my position was getting to deal with many clients and was able to prove that i was up for whatever project or task that was needed. The most difficult part was sometimes was dealing with clients that are very rude but you always need to bite your tough and be pleasant. Sometimes they just took out there frustrations of the day on you and you just learn that it is not personal.
Pros
Great management, good pay, was able to work from home office.
Cons
As a contractor i didn't receive any holiday pay, sick pay or any benefits at all. That is not the case for employees, they do receive those benefits im just not sure what they are.
It was ok
Account Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2018
I did well with this company with plenty of room for growth. They allowed independence and flexibility. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a laid back gig
It was a good company working with nice people relaxing job
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2018
The supervisor and all the time the team leader work together as friends even the manager was very friendly the employees work and laughed it was very good place to work I wish I can go back there
Admin
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2018
International work culture extends the work day. Change is a daily. Management is all over the spectrum with knowledge and experience. 24/7 company, you find yourself check emails late at night and on weekends.
Pros
Pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.

54K
43.9K
32.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at HP.

Powered by Comparably