HP
80High
Here to help: Coronavirus update

HP Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA93 reviews
Great work place until mergers.
Great working environment, employees are all over the US. Office is like a library, everyone had headphones on. Peaceful place where you can focus on your job.
Pros
Cons
Merger
great
great place to work. i would highly recommend. one gets to learn a lot. a great collaborative environment. good pay. good opportunity for upward career mobility
Secure
I believe that I have shown to be dependable to the company that I work for. And the company intern has shown loyalty to me by entrusting me with important tasks In which I have been rewarded when successfully completed.
Benefits
Cons
Limited Leave Days
Had opportunity to work with a great team who were not only collegial but also constantly ready to deliver
I loved working at HP. The company always treats you well and the projects I get to work on are always challenging and fulfilling. I have the flexibility I need to be a good parent, as well as the management support I need to do my job well and learn. It is a great place to work.
Did not like
Level of expectation regarding job was completely misleading. Management was not engaged. Workplace culture was not inclusive. Just a bad experience all around.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
An ok place to work for.
Very hard to get a promotion. Big into selling their product,
but I was on the servies side. I Worked from home. would consider working there again if they had an opening.
Cons
Excellent company to work for
Excellent company to work for. There is great challenge at HP work place. There are great people to work with. Customers are pleased with processes.
Pros
Great company and people to work for.
Cons
nothing
I loved working for HP. I only left because my division was bought out by a Canadian company. I spent 23 years at HP with positions ranging from Order entry to Sales Operations and Variable Compensation.
Productive and fun working place
Great place to work. I love it. Amazing place everybody is friendly and helpful. So much to learn from there. Had a good experience getting to know the other employees, very collaborative.
Great
The company was a nice place to work. I highly recommend the company and the people are great. There are a lot of independent training programs you can take at your own speed.
My Best Experience Post-Military
I had worked with a few companies after I retired from the Air Force and the time I spent with HP was the absolute best I experienced after retiring from the US Air Force. HP's corporate culture, the compensation and benefits, the training made available (both from within and from external vendors) -- everything was top notch. I truly miss the old HP and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I've never been prouder than to have that "HP" logo on my business cards, and to be a part of over 75 years of HP Excellence.
Pros
Too numerous to count, absolutely stellar company to work fo.
Cons
None come to mind, really.
Good
Spearhead projects fast pace data center to resolve time-sensitive issues and improve network, system, hardware and operational performance in data center environments. Analyze business/user needs, prepare service requests and manage all phases of technology projects utilizing waterfall and Agile methodologies. Document progress, changes and financial data. Establish open lines of communication with cross-functional teams and ensure seamless execution of all deliverables.
Provided consultant services to several governmental and state specific agencies by coordinating agency “on-boarding” process, establishing client specific requirements, host configurations, and signal point of contact for day-to-day operational issues and system upgrades. Maintains a face-to-face working relationship with all primary and secondary customer representatives. Oversees and coordinates system activities, reports systems activities to the customer and data center departments.
Hp
Hewlett Packard has been in the innovation business for more than 75 years. Our vast intellectual property portfolio and global research and development capabilities are part of an innovation roadmap designed to help organizations of all sizes – from global enterprises to local startups – transition from traditional technology platforms to the IT systems of the future.
Productive and fun place to wrok
Enjoyed working at HP. The environment was collaborative and gave you many opportunities for advancement. Management was there to help you if needed but provided the freedom for you to learn without pounding you if you made a mistake.
Managed different contracts during my tenure. All were fun and rewarding.
Fun place to work. Had many friends while being employed at HP. Still in contact with most associates I managed. The contract work with DoD was extremely interesting and rewarding.
Pros
Team Spirit, Outstanding Pay, Work From Home
Cons
Poor Management
Productive and good culture
Prepared my day with scheduling meetings, arranging travel logistics for new hire employees. Set up conferences outside office. Planned travel management and itineraries.

I learned computer software skills in Excel, PowerPoint and Word, along with database using Access.

The workplace culture was balanced, informative and helpful folks who were devoted to teamwork.

Hardest part of the job was gathering information from members for travel logs at times.

I enjoyed my job at HP immensely. I loved how helpful and kind the employees were.
Pros
We had a cafeteria on the premises as well as a gym.
Contracting work, allows for flexible schedule
Arrive at 6:00 am or so to get ready for the days meetings
Prioritized work according to which person/group needs

How to work in a multi component environment
Unhappy
Not worth the hassle. Overworked underpaid and managemet was the worst. They were very ureasonable with there expectations. Everyday was a disapointment
Pros
Cons
everything
Basic Corporate Job
Depending on management there can be flexible hours and working from home.
You could also participate in training if you could find the time.

The culture was bubbly but I'm not sure how it is today.

The people were great.
Pros
people, office close to home
Cons
too many company spin offs
HP is an awesome company to work
I enjoyed my experience at HP. It was an amazing learning period for me.
I'll love to still work for HP if possible.

If the opportunity comes, I will certainly jump all over it without hesitation.
A Workplace that put an Emphasis on Discovering new solutions
Loved working there in its heyday. Looked forward to going to work every day.
A typical day of work involved discussions on solutioning

Learned Management training. How to train managers

Management at my level was very intelligent

Workplace culture was easy going

The hardest part of the job was lay offs

The most enjoyable part of the job was giving out annual bonuses
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Too much emphasis on shareholder value versus tech advancement
Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.
4.7K
4.6K
2.5K
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight