HP Employee Reviews

32K
Found 4,699 reviews matching the search See all 9,844 reviews
Environment
Federal Service Desk Team Lead (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMay 10, 2018
As a call center Team Lead I found HP to be a team working environment no matter what the day may bring. There aren't typical days but I'd call them new experiences. Employees work together well and enjoy coming to work. Aggressive Training updates and iinformation sharing is a plus for this company. The weekly training of employees to suceed is priceless. As with all companies there are challenges with some management personel who aren't exactly knowledgeable to assist with call center employee question mainly because they were placed in position from other areas of expertise.
I understand the process of taking care of tenured emploees but it does cause a problem with hourly staff when they don't have a knowlegeable Manager to help when needed. I enjoyed working as Team Lead because I love a challenge and being knowledgeable enough to assist follow employees gave me great pleasure. HP supplied the training for me to advance.
Pros
team working environment, Training, advancement opportunities, open door policy
Cons
breaks and lunches not standard when busy, When slow hours are cut short without advanced notice but mandatory overtime when they decide.
Great place to expand and try new things
R&D Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 9, 2018
Workspace is limited, but you never do the same thing... technology and people are great to work with! Encouraged to try new job areas. A must place to work if you don't mind change.
Great Work Environment
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2018
I worked for ISS Integrated Inc. Not HP I was a placed in that office as the facilities Coordinator which was a great experience and work environment. These questions are answered on the basis of ISS not HP.
Great people, fast past, great location
Supply Chain Management (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 9, 2018
The job at HP was very demanding there was very little down time. This was not a problem for me because I love to keep busy and thrive from a fast past environment. The hardest part of the job was attending all the meeting. Office space at HP was limited leaving people packed together in small areas. However I love the culture and and enjoyed my job.
Pros
great people
Cons
office work space
Varied Opportunties
Leader (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 8, 2018
Employees are encouraged to define their own career path and work with their leader to develop accordingly. Regular checkpoints are performed to ensure the assignments stay on track.
Great place to work!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 7, 2018
Great atmosphere, very approachable CEO, new office coming soon!

I've worked at HP, and now HPE, for eight years and have loved every team I've been on.

HPE is an extremely fast-paced working environment meant for dedicated, hard working and collaborative individuals..
Good chances to advance your career
Customer Service Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA 94304May 6, 2018
working at HP was truly an amazing job, I enjoyed going to work each and everyday working on something different each day. Working in a customer service post where you go to customer job site and work on their HP equipment.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
you can get laid off
Great place to work and grow!
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 5, 2018
HP provided the tools necessary to do your job including coaching but still allowed the sales person to make the final call. Great place to grow and learn.
Pros
Responsibality
Good place
Proto Type Printer Test Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 3, 2018
If you are an actual employee, this is a fantastic company. Plenty of benefits, and work life balance. If I could have got on full time I would probably still be there.
Good
Account General Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2018
OK: good team to work with to help solve client issues and create solutions to help clients achieve the buisness outcomes and goal with respect to their IT initiatives.

Want to know more about HP?

Ask a question
OK Company
Security Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2018
OK if you do not expect to get recognized for your contributions.
Opportunity for advancement is limited and always given to outsiders before looking internally.
Productive and a fun place to work.
Prototype Tester (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 3, 2018
Working at HP enabled me to enhance my exhisting computer skills as well as obtain new skills i didnt have. I was able to learn more about computers and printers. The overall environment at HP was very pleasant.
Great Management
Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 2, 2018
I learn how to actively listen to customer and train employees on product. It also, had the proper training that can help other associates on improving themselves. It helped by putting ourselves out there and trying to assist whoever we can.
A great place to work!
Global Human Resources Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMay 2, 2018
Execute global human resource initiatives and ensure all parts of the organization are onboard; a change agent, ambassador, project manager, diversity director, recruitment and retention, professional development, product knowledge, and leadership development. Everyday was a new day with new challenges and opportunities to grow and hone your skills.
Pros
The organization invests in its employees with expectation.
Cons
Your job is not guaranteed from year to year.
Interesting, demanding and stressful
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 2, 2018
HP was going through a number of corporate changes that impacted the individual contributors directly. The number of available job positions in the USA were being decreased prior to the split into HP Enterprise and then the split and merger with another corporation.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Too many uncertainties at the time
not applicable
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 2, 2018
This job was actually not a bad place to work, schedule was good, hours were good pay wasn't so great but they made up for it with all the time you are allowed to take off work.
great place to work
ASIC/Emulation Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 1, 2018
great work life balance
nice culture
great management
great insurance benefits and perks
promote employees to grow professionally
good hard core engineers
Great company that went through tough times
IT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2018
I joined HP straight out of college in their Global IT organization right before the split. There are a lot of bright minds at the company with exciting and challenging projects. It was a great platform to get some good experience out of school and brand my resume with a very reputable company.
Pros
Energetic (& Young) Culture for a large company, benefits, work-life balance, strong brand
Cons
Tumultuous, job instability, workforce reductions
Crazy Cunstruction
Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2018
I was at HP during the construction build out phase, and it was horrible. I had a table with a computer on it in a hallway outside cubes so I regularly had 50 to 100 people a day walk behind me while I was trying to work. I even had people accidentally run into my chair, or I would have to move so they could get past.
Great Experience
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2018
I spent almost 6 years at HP, learning and selling technology solutions to NYC commercial businesses. I have a few of the best managers I could possibly ask for, and was always proud to represent HP Inc. I was on sales calls every day, always traveling in the field and solving problems for clients through the use of technology. I loved the flexibility of working from home, and visiting my clients.
Pros
flexible time, company car, work from home
Cons
not traveling internationally

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight