HSBC Employee Reviews

Found 2,691 reviews matching the search See all 10,477 reviews
Pay Not Competitive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILOctober 15, 2018
At the time I was working for them, it was pointless to go because I was spending in gas what I was being paid to go work. I will say their model for customer service has set the tone for other customer service positions I have held over the years. Their training by far was the best I had ever had. Very organized and beneficial.
Family oriented atmosphere
Mortgage Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILOctober 13, 2018
I loved working at HSBC! They offered incentives and bonuses. The
atmosphere was very relaxing. The culture was not only for the best interest of the customer's but also the best interest for their employees.
Pros
awesome
Cons
drive
Excellent place to work
Sr. Credit Risk Analyst - Consumer Lending (Former Employee) –  Prospect Heights, ILOctober 11, 2018
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
Fast Paced
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 11, 2018
Typically there was a huge focus on sales and sales driven activities. Salary was competitive and bonus size was dependent on sales met for the previous month.
Great place great people
Assistant VP, Trainer AML (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEOctober 11, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at HSBC. I was able to build a career here and built friendships that will last a lifetime. I was able to travel extensively and learned a great deal about banking. I received trainings and opportunities for certifications that have provided me with a lifetime of skill.
Excellent workplace
Premier Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Ras al-KhaimahOctober 11, 2018
Working at HSBC Bank middle east limited is challenging especially in customer service area. I learned a lot and did my best to solve lots of problems on daily bases. The management was helpful.
Great work/life balance
Vice President / Sr. Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 10, 2018
The company offered remote working to support work and life balance. Mainly run outside of US region, with multiple chain of reporting that could become tough to meet all managers expectations when managers are not in agreement.
Great people!
Head Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 10, 2018
Enjoyed my time at HSBC. Great training! Great people to work for. They were very eager to have you learn with continuing ed. courses. Enjoyed the location. Very pretty.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Downtown Miami, hard to get to with traffic
Team support and enjoyable work environment
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 9, 2018
HSBC was a company that supported both work life balance and remote/home based employment.
The management and cultures differed by department but every employee worked as a team to advance.
Pros
remote home base work
Cons
staffing
Pro's and Con
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2018
Pro's - Great career advancement, great upper management team, well compensated for a job well done. cafeteria and gym. flexible with personal time. great health benefits.
Con - My location/Auto division closed
Great bank
Electronic banking (Former Employee) –  LondonOctober 8, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. Great environment fantastic office environment. Gym in office overlooking London. Great benefits and pension schemes.
Terrible work live balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 8, 2018
Company does not care about employees. All about overworking employees. Terrible work life balance. Vacation time is good but if you work out the hours worked through out the year it is not worth it. No proper training as staffing is so limited everything is on the job.
Pros
A lot of vacation time
Cons
Stressful
A supportive place to work once they decide their focus
Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2018
I found HSBC to be a very competitive and rewarding place to work, challenging as well.
I would work there again should an opportunity arise.
Expectations should be set in more thorough manner rather than testing out a new role with poor and unreasonable expectations.
Too much downsizing in the US
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 4, 2018
They just held their second round of layoffs in the US this year. Staffing is being cut below what is needed for the high number of manual processes in place. Pay is good but don't count on longevity.
Groomed
Collections Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 4, 2018
Typical collections atmosphere. My honest opinion is neutral. Grateful for the opportunity and enjoyed the competition fostered by management. Taught me how to be professional when conversing with internal and external customers.
Excellent workplace environment, with growth opportunities
VP Deputy Regional Head FIU (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 2, 2018
Great company to work for with growth and learning opportunities. Flexible hours with work life balance. Oversaw the U.S. Regional Operational Intelligence (OI) teams in multiple onshore and offshore locations, responsible for customer vetting, onboarding and remediation. Hired, trained and managed employees to effectively detect financial crime activity within all customer portfolios, proactively and reactively, and provide robust and early advice to group businesses on relevant client risks including but not limited to providing recommendations for account exits based on multiple SARs and alert monitoring investigations.
Used to be fun about management make it worst
Avp (Former Employee) –  Main branchOctober 2, 2018
Hsbc PB is working condition is getting from bad to worst and working under the current boss is going to make you feel worst off. Unless the boss change I do not see any improvement in the management side. Unless you hard up on job you can apply but prepared to work night shift till 3.30am on a rotation basics.
Pros
Long leave 25 days for the first 5 years
Cons
Long working hours and bad management
Good job if you have a degree in finances.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Depew, NYOctober 1, 2018
The supervisors and co-workers are great. It is a great place to enhance and improve your computer skills. The worst part of my job is some of the customers you deal with over the phone on a daily basis. The bad ones can be a physical and mental drain on you.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Stressful encounters with customers.
many changes
Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 28, 2018
Currently many re-orgs going on, not sure how affects US. Not sure how this will affect jobs in US verson UK. Have heard of many functional areas that are currently in the process of being downsized.
Pros
flexibility, benefits, remote work
Cons
trusting management, job uncertainty
Easy going work environment
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2018
Even at stressful time work life can be exciting. Meeting different people on a daily bases opens the door to possible new opportunities and connections.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

54K
43.7K
32K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

46%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss