HSBC Employee Reviews

Found 2,815 reviews matching the search See all 10,952 reviews
Hsbc
Mortgage System Spt Specialist - System Support (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYFebruary 14, 2019
Primarily assisting co-workers with advanced technical support. In addition to the primary job, I was given the opportunity to maintain the mortgage intranet website learning a new skill in the process. Workplace culture was challenging at times do to job cutbacks.
Pros
Job positions, hours.
Cons
Job security
Diversity
Vice President Relationship Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2019
HSBC was not a very diverse organization within the U.S. they were not many senior leader that embodied diversity and this is something that should be looked into.
Great opportunity for advancement, very supportive management
Operations Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 13, 2019
With tuition reimbursement and a very supportive upper management team HSBC was a great place for learning and advancement. Peers were also very supportive and always offering to help.
Great Benefits
Certified Knowledge Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 12, 2019
Overall HSBC is a good place to work. The benefits are fantastic. Most positions offer a lot of cultural diversity which is wonderful however, sometimes frustrating since your co-workers may work opposite schedules then you. Meetings occur all ours of the night.
Pros
Great Benefits
Good company with good benefits
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2019
competitive salary and good benefits.However, the process and systems are not up to par and can prohibit process and service for frontline teams....
Benefits
Cons
Limited systems and bank infrastructure
Great culture
VP Premier Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2019
I enjoyed working for HSBC. The compensation was good based on job experience. Management worked together to be sure that employees are headed in the right direction to meet goals.
Productive and Fun
AML Senior QA MI Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEFebruary 9, 2019
Great company to work for. The experience I gained was one of the most significant ones I have ever obtained. I was able to apply my prior work knowledge without a doubt.
Flexable working environment
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2019
Review and update existing client portfolio. Daily client contact by phone or appointment. Refer to business partners (lending/investments) to enhance relationship. Very friendly work environment. Flexibility to work remote.
Good place if they figured out who they are or want to be
Sr. Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2019
Too many changes over the 3 years i was there. Local to Global back to Local independence. all in 3 yrs. Senior mgmt does not take responsibility as they are the accountable people..
Get in and fit in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 4, 2019
Horrible management. If you dont agree with all that is being said you should find a new job. INSANE metrics. Ridiculous goals, complete inconsistency.
Contracting everywhere
Programmer Analyst / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 30, 2019
I fully included diversified & contracting work within HSBC, but including my primary manager overseas that i've never met. I fully wish that better business & employee structures should rather be included.
decent pay, not great company though.
Collector (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYJanuary 29, 2019
The bank itself is not the greatest, HSBC stands for How Simple Becomes Complicated. The management and structure needs work. The bank itself is very disconnected. The job culture was a little bit better before I left, but it cannot compare to some other companies out there in the Buffalo area. The pay is good, the benefits are very good, but the company just seems to make everything harder than it has to for both its customers and its employees. Job advancement is so-so, if you are willing to work a bunch of overtime and not get compensated for it. (salary positions that work you to death and you end up taking work home.) There is mandatory overtime when goals are not met.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
company itself
Very nice place to work for
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 27, 2019
Taking about 80-90 inbound calls a day to assist clients in their credit card's needs .It was a great place to work for we always had something new to do on a daily basic.
Pros
We had a lot of fun activities to do
Cons
there benfits were great
Loved the teamwork
Team Lead/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2019
Very fast paced and very tedious. Loved how the coworkers were very helpful and the training was awesome. The atmosphere was very competitive but not hasty.
Pros
Flexible break times
Cons
very tedious
bullying in work place
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJanuary 26, 2019
I worked with women who were many years my senior but their behavior was very immature. They made work miserable, as the talked behind my back and then gave me the silent treatment when I would inquire about bank policy/products. The behavior was not promoting bank business, actually hindered it. I addressed with bank manager but he had no tools/skills in interpersonal relationships. I was basically told they would be retiring soon so "tough it out."
Pros
good insurance/401k company matches upto 6%
Cons
went out of business
Best place to work
Learning & Development Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 22, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my time and tenure with HSBC. The leadership was stellar, open, honest, caring, supportive, agile, innovative, and responsive to changes in the industry. Many opportunities for advancement and to fulfill your career path goals.
Pros
Excellent Leadership, Great Morale
Cons
The world place was exciting and lovable
Global banking graduate program (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJanuary 22, 2019
Hsbc always try to build a loyal feeling between them and their employees, but I think if that would have been done fairly. They would had not waste money training employees and then let them off without completing the program
Pros
Good environment, competitive
Cons
Strict, stressful and there’s never another chance or any sort of consideration
Great Benefits
Business Analyst - Lien Release Department (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJanuary 22, 2019
That pretty much sums up all of the good things. Pay was low, no flexibility, it was always about who you knew not what you knew. Managers were unprofessional and not very knowledgeable.
A company that provided stability for entry level position
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2019
HSBC is a company that for my entry level position provided stability, training and growth opportunities. It was a stepping stone in my career for the years to come.
Neutral
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2019
Great people to work with and concerned about work life balance. Loved the summer hours. Required to take 2 weeks off without checking into the office.
Pros
summer hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K
43.9K
32.1K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight