HSBC Employee Reviews

Found 2,756 reviews matching the search See all 10,711 reviews
Poor Management of Employees
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 7, 2018
Fellow colleagues were enjoyable to work with, but the vision of the bank in general was vague. Management was not open with employees about the banks future, therefore causing stressful atmosphere.
Pros
Teamwork, salary
Cons
This was a great place to work.
Loan Servicing Rep III (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 7, 2018
HSBC had a great work culture. The management was very supportive. Can be a very high pace working environment at times. Employees were rewarded for their hard work. The company did a lot of work in the community.
Good place to work. Supportive friendly team
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 6, 2018
Local office closed. Loan origination was not my strength. Sought another career direction after local office closed.
High income potential for those who have a exellent knowledge of finance and the ability to evaluate the best options and patience and skill to sale. This was not my skill set at that time.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Company needs to better define its US business
Vice President - Business Banking Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2018
As it is a UK bank, it takes a long time to get things approved as far enhancing the business and improving processes. There is also too many silos and poor collaboration between business units.
summer
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILDecember 5, 2018
Work is fast past. Every call was different. Loved the challenge. Team work was big back then. Cross training was also a big part of the company. Management was kind.
Outstanding Company
Senior Audit and Workout Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILDecember 5, 2018
Best Company I have ever worked for! Training was outstanding. Many skill sets were attainable. Management always made you feel part of the team and the Company.The work environment was great.
It's ok
Investigator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2018
Overall this company was okay to work for. For the most part people are nice and friendly, however, there was too much unnecessary gossip, made up stories, politics, favoritism and buddy-system going on.
Pros
Some people are genuinely nice and friendly
Cons
Most people are not.
Cannot say enough about HSBC
Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 4, 2018
Initially I was working for Marine Midland Bank who then was purchased by HSBC Bank. My Manager taught me everything I needed to know to be successful in the mortgage business and I owe a lot to her and the team I worked with. It was an opportunity of a lifetime and one that I will be forever grateful for!
Fast paced environment with many changes
Information Security and Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILDecember 3, 2018
Many changes due to global (UK) transformation, with many of staff members losing seniority. Excellent technology, but limited exposure now to to US personnel
Productive and room for growth
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2018
A typical work day is consistent depending on your role/ title. However there are times where you have to be a team player and assist when needed. The workers are somewhat friendly and willing.
Benefits
Cons
Part time hours
Multi cultural
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Marino, CANovember 29, 2018
Directing branch traffic
Opening accounts and credit cards
hands off management
Self learning culture
Working between different branches, Less traffic in specific branch
Pros
Happy lunch culture
Cons
Very
Productive place
Project Lead / Scrum master (Former Employee) –  Buffalo,NYNovember 28, 2018
Give lots of exposure to functional domain & Lots opportunity to learn. However due to the global presence and new strategy typical work day stretches from 9 hours to 11 hours.
Pros
Job exposure, Benefits
Cons
Long work days & restless weekends
Hsbc
Retail Lockbox Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 27, 2018
This is still my employer, however, with the possibility of restructuring occurring which could impact my employment status I am being proactive in my search.

I have obtained much experience through different job functions while working here. Management for the most part has always been supportive and encouraging to staff.
Awesome atmosphere
COLLECTOR I (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 26, 2018
I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to work for such a progressive company. The culture for this company is the best that I have had so far.
17 of the best years of my life with growth and productivity and family
Bankruptcy & Audit and Compliance Representative (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 26, 2018
I never had a typical day there was always something new to learn between audits, calibrations, policy/procedure writing and and meetings. I have learned bankruptcy to creating an audit. The company is so diverse and respected by and to all. This job became my life and my family.
Pros
The growth available was endless
Cons
not one
interesting job with low carreeer horisons
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  ParisNovember 25, 2018
got challenging duties with high potentiel hedgefund risk managament, I was in contact with asset mamangers I had to control risk breaches and I used to build risk reports, social environment was not so easy due to general employee number reduction plan at that time in HSBC
Pros
interesting environment
Cons
low attractive social environment
Collector 1 (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORNovember 24, 2018
They don't exist anymore in Oregon for a reason. Don't work here, this is a stupid job, you can't work here capital one bought out the company and closed it down.
Excellent organization for international and diverse career opportunities
SVP, Greenfield Transformation Program Director (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 24, 2018
Excellent organization for international and diverse career opportunities across the full spectrum of financial services disciplines, with a strong ethic of teamwork and colaboration on a global basis
Work there
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2018
I currently work in HSBC Private Banking, KYC/AML FATCA area, supporting front office, reviewing documentation, opening various accounts such as Brokerage accounts, Global Plus accounts using Sungard application.
Good banking experience
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2018
Good experience for someone interested working at a bank. The work loads are heavy and the hours can be long, but the company offers perks and benefits to make life easier.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K
43.8K
32K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

46%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss