HSBC

United States3,286 reviews

Found 3,286 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,110 reviews

HSBC insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Great company. Very enjoyable.

Great company. Very enjoyable place to work. Excellent compensation and leadership and fun place to work.

Pros

compensation, work life balance.

HSBC is a mediocre company at best

If you would like to have a stable career, HSBC is for you. However, office politics kill morale and productivity. People also have no idea what others are doing.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Chaotic workplace Limited growth

Great job but stressful at times.

Multi-tasking was key to being successful. Must be a people person and take rejection in stride and not take it personal when people turn you down a lot.

Typical call center, Sales focused over customer service.

Worked as a customer service agent in a call center for HSBC credit cards. Management pushed sales over helping customers. Shifts were long and calls came in non stop. Pay was good and had benefits.

I loved my job, the people I worked with and the overall environment. 100% would recommend.

I worked here for 10 years, (only 5 as HSBC, they bought Household which was my employer). HSBC was always supportive of my work life balance, I had a real voice in my career path and was encouraged and mentored through multiple promotions and raises. I have nothing negative to say. Management helped meet me my goals at every step.

Pros

Employee Support Benefits Pay

Cons

Some weekend work Traditional Call Center Stress Non- Traditional Hours

Good place to work.

Very good place to work but upper management is not good. They consolidating whole CT branches. Hsbc international Bank and no location in CT.

Good Pay and Benefits

Was a good place to work until bank sold its retail banking. Company downsizing decreases work force. Benefits and salary are good. Recent layoffs were unexpected.

Good company, would recommend to others

Worked in compliance. Lots of management changes but overall work is interesting and management approachable.Lots of opportunities in other HSBC sites and benefits/work life balance is average to better than average.

Pros

Global network keeps work interesting

Cons

Change fatigue

Does not care about or respect their employee. They lie and manipulate people.

.I would not work for this company. They do not care about their employees. They lie about what job you will be doing. You cannot get blood out of a stone.

worst management

This is the worst company I ever stay. Good work is not recognized. Don't expect hard work will be be rewarded. Company doesn't value talents. Project managers are valued.

Pros

Benefit is ok

Cons

Company doesn't make money.

Prestigious place to work

They basically left the US market except for private banking activities. They were a great company, but now they are part of the "woke" communist movement.

Pros

Big name and global opportunities

Cons

No security

Great company cultures

My direct manager was very nice and respectful. HSBC has great company cultures and offers lots of career development opportunities. It's easy to request days off as long as you get your work done.

Pros

Benefits are nice

Cons

Sometimes it takes a long time to get some simple changes implemented as it's a large-scale company.

You will be successful ONLY if you're a White Man or Woman

HSBC has alright benefits, a great work from home program however, has a long way to go when it comes to fairness amongst their employees. HSBC also has their employees continuously working a 175%+ capacity. When coworkers are out of the office on vacation, their work sits untouched until they return. All reasons I no longer work here.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Pay and promotion discrimination runs rampant at HSBC. Workload is ridiculous, pay/bonuses are not fairly awarded

Great pay and benefits

Many opportunities to learn and advance in your career, travel, new assignments. Benefits and pay were very competitive, annual bonus. Salaried employees expected to work 9 - 10 hour days on a regular basis, but easy to get time off as needed. Diverse culture, fun co-workers, lots of celebrations to build cohesive team. Not enough part-time professional positions available to working parents.

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits, annual bonus

Cons

Minimal part-time opportunities

Wonderful group in SF and Los Angeles.

I loved my position at HSBC and only resigned becasue my dedicated supervisor left the firm and there were some changes made because of that and reloation of many of private bankings dealings to the LA offices.

Pros

Good Pay, Good Benefits

Cons

My position was one of a kind so sometimes I had to go to the Head Office for guidance.

Competitive Pay and good benefits

The company offers competitive pay and benefits. Not very micro managed. It's been a true pleasure working here. Unfortunately, they are closing branches and consolidating the work force due to a strategy.

Pros

Pay and Benefits

Cons

Closing branches/consolidating work force

Good Riddance

They closed the call center and I was glad it happened. Backstabbing and boot licking was the only thing happening at this call center. Bad pay and a horrible experience.

Pros

Employment

Cons

Everything else

Good place to work but change rules and regulations all the time

work hr good and l learn international banking system. My manager was so good but the upper management is not good. They only want call and recorded but did not check how it help or not adding a value in the company

Pros

Manager

Cons

lots of work

Fun and nice working in this culture

Co-workers are nice, helpful and supportive. Whenever you need help or support, they are always show up and help. Working like in a family, not only supporting the customers alone.

An enjoyable place to work.

One of the best companies I have ever worked for I really do appreciate the time that I work for them as a temporary employee. Great company to work for

Pros

Free lunch, break parties for your birthday, celebrations for the holidays fabulous fabulous Christmas parties.

Cons

Heavy workload sometimes.

Horrible people and terrible place to work

I was told not to work here but I didn’t listen. Worst investment bank of my entire career. I’ve never said that about any bank I have worked at. I thought it was going to be exciting and I was dead wrong. Nobody wants to change. Management doesn’t listen. It is a toxic work environment.

Cons

Managers do not want you see you succeed, everyone I’ve met or are in the same department with does not work together as a unit, pass the buck mentality, finger pointing attitude, no accountability whatsoever

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.4K
5K
2.6K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at HSBC.
Powered byComparably

Compare HSBC with

• HSBC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?