Habersham Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very unprofessional organization
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Demorest, GAMarch 16, 2019
This place is a joke. Should be closed as soon as possible. I was embarrassed to tell people I worked there due to the poor reputation that is rightly deserved.
Cons
hard place for new nurse
REGISTERED NURSE (MEDICAL/SURGICAL) (Former Employee) –  demorest GaNovember 9, 2018
Not the best place to start as a brand new nurse. My preceptor had only been a nurse a few months more than me. However, I have not worked there in two years so things may have changed.
depending on which shift would depend on the rating
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Habersham County, GAOctober 20, 2018
day shift went quickly, very busy. Night shift was slow, too much gossip, and tiring. Most enjoyable part were the frequent flyers that you came to know.
Pros
pros - some nice people
Cons
not enough break time
Good
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Demorest, GAOctober 3, 2018
This job is has flexibile hours. Great group of co workers. Pay isn’t ideal and benefits are not the best. But I can honestly say I never hated to clock in. I enjoyed my job and the patients I took care of
Cons
Pay benefits
Great place
Internship (Current Employee) –  Mount Airy, GA 30563September 5, 2018
It is a great place to work at. Very great and nice staff also. The days are typically busy and full of work. I learned a lot interning there and the staff is very helpful. Also, they are very understanding and very willing to teach me more stuff hands on.
Under staffed, management does not care about "the people under them".
LPN (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, GAJune 19, 2018
Short staffed, staff is burned out, no job security - they walk employees out frequently, their new pay rate scale is terrible meaning that the dont offer anyone applying for a new position a fair amount of money and they will not budge on adjusting the pay to get new employees.
Pros
PDO hours accrue quickly, discounted meals for employees
Cons
Everything listed above
PT in outpatient facility
Outpatient Sports Rehab Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Demorest, GAJune 8, 2018
Great rehab facility with plenty of therapists. Gives great individualized care for patients. PT's worked 10 hour days. Great team work to help out other therapists with acute or SNF care.
Friendly and family like work environment. Continually having to adapt and overcome new challenges, new process, new requirements.
Revenue Cycle Director (Former Employee) –  Demorest, GAMay 2, 2018
This position was a fantastic opportunity and learning experience.It afforded me the opportunity to grow both professionally and analytically. Amazing facility and people.
Pros
Fantastic benefits, hands on learning, supportive staff and management
Cons
Upper management did not work well together, many departments were ultimately autonomous
na
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Demorest, GAApril 16, 2018
I learned alot at this job and it built my experience to where it needed to be for future jobs. Met lots of great people and really enjoyed working the customers that came in.
Pros
Learned alot
Cons
It had a lot of stressful moments.
Ok but lack of trust and respect
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Demorest, GAApril 6, 2018
A lot of mismanagement and a lot of changes going on. Things seemed to be done just because someone wanted to do them even if it meant spending more money and not benefiting the hospital or patients.
Pros
Discount on food, flexablility
Cons
Lack of respect and trust, communication, moral
N/a
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Emergency DepartmentFebruary 14, 2018
I currently don't have anything to say at this time but it wants me to put something in this box. I love working with the employees at Habersham Medical Center!
Great workplace with wonderful staff
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Demorest, GAJanuary 29, 2018
Habersham Home is a wonderful facility! Resident care is always number one. The staff is wonderful and love the residents. I would recommend any Habersham Home for long term or rehab care.
good
RN- STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Demorest, GAJanuary 13, 2018
Good people with caring attitudes. hard work but great teamwork. Good management and down to earth attitudes. Busy unit and served both pediatric and adult med/surg population.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short or rare breaks
Great small hospital with potential
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Demorest, GADecember 21, 2017
If this hospital could get better management, it could be great. At this time there is a lot of turn over and very unsafe nursing patient/nurse ratios.
Pros
Benefits are comparable, but still more expensive than most employers
Cons
Poor management, unsafe conditions, disrepair, too much turn over
Management needs a clean out
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Demorest, GaAugust 16, 2017
Lowest pay of any healthcare workplace in the county /surrounding county.
Management Is horrible, CFO, CEO are useless, they lie you.
The actual employers are great there, nice and everyone seems to get along well.
I honestly think if management was cleaned out this would be a great place to work minus the poor pay.
Pros
Pay check, discount meals
Cons
Low pay, management, Cfo, CEO lazy and lies
Needs an overhall
CNA MED/SURG (Current Employee) –  Demorest, GAJuly 25, 2017
this facility is understaffed, undersourced, and underfunded. Once these things are fixed, this would be a wonderful place to work. The community that HCMC is situated in is a very quaint little place with wonderful people.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
too many to list
Full service medical staff with skilled personnel
Maintenance Technician / Security (Former Employee) –  Demorest, GAMay 15, 2017
A typical day at work is very fast paced, Here I was a statistical and analytical problem solver. The management is very nice but do have some rough edges. Co-workers are all skilled in every aspect of guest and customer service . The most enjoyable part of the job was helping make the facility and surrounding areas more comfortable for guests and employees alike.
Pros
Full service with loads of hospitality
Cons
Ground level needs more attention
Fun and fast pace working environment
Midwife Assistant (Former Employee) –  Demorest, GAApril 19, 2017
Wear multiple hats at once. Great front-line staff. Low support from administration to direct patient care staff. I have learned much about management of a facility. I love working with the front line staff and having them engaged in their work. I dislike the pressure and lack of support to middle management.
Nice People that care
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Demorest, GAMarch 9, 2017
Before transition, low morale, increased work loads. Not flexible on schedule & breaks are based on work speed. Employees talk or gossip instead of working put work on certain employees.
Pros
Free lunches, Great benefits, & Full time Work
Cons
Short Breaks & Seniority doesn't matter
Awful place to work due to poor administration and management
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Demorest, GADecember 22, 2016
Management was awful! If you're not in good with the administrator and the unit managers-her best friends -then you're not going to make it here. Co-workers were awesome though! The unit managers give LPNS absolutely no authority or ability to use our nursing judgment. Mgr tells you step by step exactly how she wants the floor to run,what to tell the Dr, what time to get all paperwork etc complete. Basically she runs the floor but doesn't want the responsibility for how it goes. Also tells nursing that all we do is pass pills all day,that a trained monkey could do my job! She was very disrespectful!
Pros
Salary was decent
Cons
Breaks are a joke