Habit Burger Grill Employee Reviews

A Fine Job
Cashier, Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAMarch 17, 2019
Nothing every really went wrong aside from losing hours here and there. Normally pretty busy so get ready if you're on the register. Lot's of managerial changes right before I left so can't really comment on that.
very poor work eithic
cook (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMarch 13, 2019
The manager did not train me she just placed me on the fryer and expected me to know what to do. she did not show me or tell me exactly what to listen for like the rders they wanted or when they wanted it. she just said chiken goes here fries go here and green beans go here and that was it. she did give me a break every two hours and sometimes i would work 6 hours before i had my lunch. the plus side was we got a free lunch everyday
Pros
free lunchee
Great experience and great place to learn
Cashier/ manager (Current Employee) –  Eastvale, CAMarch 9, 2019
I have been working for The Habit Burger Grill for 3 years. It has thought me how to lead people, guide them and how to run a store and manage the right way. Quality first speed second. The managers are extremely helpful in the kitchen and up front as well as where ever they are needed. All of the co-workers are nice, friendly and extremely hard working and motivated. The hardest part of the job is when we get slammed with a bunch of people with the line out the store, but its fun because its fast passe and keeps everyone busy and it just shows our team work. During the 3 years of working for this company i enjoyed the friends i have made, that includes my co-workers and the regular customers that come in all the time.
Pros
Free burger and fries for lunch
Cons
Not enough hours given
Overall great work place. Just not much of a work life balance
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 7, 2019
Great upper management who is always willing to teach. Good structure within and lots of room to advance. However you do work long hours and not much room for family.
Pros
Paid meals, vacation time
Cons
Long days
Waste of time
General Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 3, 2019
If you have two+ years to wait around to advance in management than this is the place for you. If you plan on being hired for a job you already have experience for youll be severly underpaid and not compensated until at least a year in
Pros
easy overtime
Cons
everything. 50 hour work weeks/management/expectation/lack of training etc
Totally recommend but flexible schedule is a must have
The Habit burger grill (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZMarch 3, 2019
Hours vary and there must be complete dedication not really recommended for high school student taking rigorous courses it makes it very difficult to balance both.
Pros
Free lunch, amazing staff, fun environment
Nice job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTFebruary 28, 2019
I loved working here. Everyone was pretty friendly. But when it came time to have a bigger opportunity I felt like they didnt want to take a chance on me. Make it harder to stay and work for them.
Okay place to work if your young
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 28, 2019
If you dont need to make a lot of money this is the place to go. I had opened this store and was promised a pay raise plus more hours. Which after 3-4 months of asking i left the company.
Motivation
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 28, 2019
Nice place to work and fair schedule for everybody. Not a good pay compared with other company in the market, fun place to work overall and very active pace.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Compensation
Busy workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2019
A typical day at work consisted in the normal opening and closing shifts which included cleaning restrooms, tables, floors, and cashier duties. Workplace was always a busy environment.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  La canadaFebruary 12, 2019
Great place to work for. A lot of team work provided. Lots of feedback on daily basis and great training skill provided by management team and co workers. You never go home without learning something new. Always on top of procedures. Customers needs come first no matter what.
Pros
Free lunch, drinks
Cons
10min breaks, 30min breaks
It's a fast pace envoronment and you have to be willing to keep up
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UTFebruary 9, 2019
I recommend this job to anyone because there are so many opportunities they have to offer and you can move up within time. I feel like if you're happy to stay in fast food forever I think the Habit is the best for that.
Pros
Free employee meal
Cons
Irregular breaks to no breaks at all
Fun and fast-paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 29, 2019
Very fun Employees and Management. Lots of turnover though. Expect it to get stressful around the lunch and dinner rush. Short lunch breaks but at least you get a free burger. Great job for students.
productive, fun and quick paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLJanuary 23, 2019
Loved the job as a whole. They taught me so many things. Such a great company for young employees to work at. During high school because they are very flexible
Its a fun environment
Torrence - Cashier (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Its a very lay back job and it’s honestly cool. Everyone who works there is chill just the uniforms are ugly !! I honestly dislike the uniform but whatever
A great introduction into Corporate America
Administration (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 21, 2019
I was in my mid 20s when I was given the assignment to work at the Habit Burger Corporate office through a temp agency. At the time, The Habit was very small and I had never heard of them. Within a week, I was offered a permanent position as the corporate office's receptionist/administrator.

Because the chain was so small at the time, I took on a variety of various new roles. I definitely learned a lot during my time there. Unfortunately, despite my efforts taking on new roles, opportunity never seemed to show itself, and I remained a receptionist until I gave my notice.

I left the company back in 2013, and the company has appeared to have grown so much since then, so I can't speak to its culture or willingness to promote. I enjoyed everyone I worked with, and I'd be willing to bet the team working there would be no different.
Pros
Personally, in a small company, I took on many new roles. Great intro to corporate culture
Cons
At the time, promotions from within were hard to come by.
too fast paced
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAJanuary 17, 2019
I did like working here at first but towards the end I didn't. The management was always rude and stressed out and It did not help at all in which situations were busy .
Productive, fun, and easy
Assistant Kitchen Manager/Cook (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Is a very nice place to work at very clean very respectable make great tips I learned a lot I also was able to move up quickly because of my sweetness and eagerness to work
Pros
Discounts and health benefits
Cons
It can be stressful and the managers do play favorites sometimes. Because it’s a higher end fast food chain, customers can be more aggressive and rude
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZ 85295January 12, 2019
It was stressful and most shifts were not less than 6 hours.. I didn’t get home until 1 am sometimes because it took so long to close and customers came up until midnight. It’s a hard place to work if you’re a full time student and want flexible hours, so that you can still focus on school or sports.
Pros
Free meals, higher pay, decent food.
Cons
Hard to get shifts covered, have to work when sick sometimes
Positive environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Ventura Habit was very busy. High volume. Positive environment. Good training. Great people. Discount was awesome. Management is awesome as well as very welcoming.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habit Burger Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight