Habit Burger Grill Employee Reviews

Productive every shift
Cashier Level 3 (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CADecember 15, 2018
Typical Day at work would consist of
- taking orders
- expediting
- re-stocking
- cleaning/lapping
- customer service

Management is alright

Not a difficult job, however, it can get stressful due to customers and the amout of tasks we have to do each shift.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no benefits if you are part time
Overall its a good place to get a starting job but there is a lack of teamwork
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Silver Lake, CADecember 11, 2018
Management was very poor, scheduling for employees gets out of hand and you end up with hours you dont want or need and hours they give aren't enough.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management, schedule, teamwork
Good place to work at. High paying salary for a job in the area as a fast food chain.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 5, 2018
The environment was a friendly and partly competitive vibe. Not too much connection with the cooks, more so only the other cashiers. Fun environment once you make friends and follow the directions.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Very short breaks
Love the people here.
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2018
This is honestly one of the, if not the best places I have ever worked. The atmosphere around the restaurant is so positive and the team members are all up lifting. The people and the food really make that place.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CADecember 2, 2018
The Habit was a very up beat place to work, I always enjoyed my shifts. It's a very physical job but thats one of the things I liked about it being fast paced.
Do not waste your time and effort here!
MIT/Cook (Former Employee) –  PlantationNovember 27, 2018
Terrible work experience!
I worked very hard, never late, never miss a day, helped everyone, got extra points in evaluations and still was demoted, disrespected, lied to, harassed, discriminated and made fun of by regional manager CC.
Employees are exploited and not appreciated specially in the BOH.
Pros
Non
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CANovember 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at the Habit burger grill, a typical day would start with taking customers food orders, make sure the dining room & restrooms are clean, offer refills or napkins, overall working at the Habit was a great experience with friendly and competent staff/management
nice place to work
KEY CLOSER (Former Employee) –  Redding, CANovember 12, 2018
I enjoyed my time there. I had a lot of regular's who loved us. everyone worked as a team and it was easy to follow directions. it was clean and lots of room for promotions.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
breaks were stressed
Stressful
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  KentNovember 10, 2018
Poor management. Too much work. Always short staffed. I wouldnt recomend this place to anyone. They say they'll take care of whatever issues going on. They dont do anything. They dont train properly. And just leave you to figure things out with just notes.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor Management
Fun workplace
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lodi, CANovember 5, 2018
Typical day of work at the habit Burger is serving cashiers and giving them the satisfaction of their orders. I learned that going from the medical field two been a manager help me gain more experience with management and strong communication skills.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Not the best pay
Great staff and a fair well paced job with poor management
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 30, 2018
As a first job, it was great and I was hungry to give my best to the customers. However our branches main manager was only ever concerned with the needs of her boss, rather than the customer. I as much as you could learn in a fast food place between customer service and the kitchen. The shift is very manageable and can go smoothly if you have the right amount of people working.
Pros
Good people
Cons
A bad manager
great for a first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 16, 2018
this was my first job ever and I learned a lot about responsibility and everything that comes along with having a job. Management was always great and helpful to all my questions and concerns! I love the habit.
Productive with great learning opportunities
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAOctober 15, 2018
I still currently work at The Habit until I find a medical job and I have always been happy with this company. It was my first job moving to the Bay Area and I have had nothing but support from management. I have been able to grow a lot as a person and learn new skills.The location I work at is a very fast-paced environment so it's important to be able to stay on your toes and get things done fast but efficiently. With such great training I've been able to do so and have learned to stay calm in difficult situations. I have also learned how to work well as a team with my co-workers which is a very important aspect to a successful work environment.
Pros
free lunches, great pay and a lot of opprotunity for advancement
Cons
healthcare
Fast paced, and fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CAOctober 9, 2018
A typical day at work would be taking orders, cleaning, and helping out wherever needed. Usually if it was slowing down I would clean tables and trays and restock the front fridge.
Pros
great pay
Cons
a lot of hours per shift
Good workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CASeptember 27, 2018
Habit is a good place to work. Helps you hone your skills at customer service, training, interviews, conflict resolution with customers, and over all professionalism. The customers who come in are happy with the food and fun environment that we work in. We are serious in the way we execute our job but we try to make it fun at the same time. The hardest part of the job is when customers are just plain straight out rude and threatening to contact corporate office just because we are following our procedures yet they want more. The most enjoyable part is the bond you create with the team and with the consistent customers that come in and who genuinely care about how your day is going and what is going on in your life.

Management varies from store to store. Just depends who is running the store and what their expectations are which will determine what level of growth you personally can obtain as well as team growth. Overall though, there is always good management in the store and you know who they are by their level of care and effort that they put into their work and how they constantly try and build relations with the team and guests.
Pros
Free food per shift and discounts when you come in off shift. Fun environment, healthcare plans, 401k...
Cons
Pay compared to level of work asked
I met cool people but the company only used me as a grunt worker and never helped me benefit myself to live a better life.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CASeptember 24, 2018
Worked here for almost 3 years always went above and beyond for this company only be rewarded with empty promises about salary\ job advancements. I hate to be negative but this job never took care of me even though I’ve gone way out of my way working for habit.
Pros
No drug test
Cons
Bad pay and management
fun
Cook/Cashier/Team (Former Employee) –  Wildomar, CASeptember 17, 2018
this job was a very good learning experience for me in terms of foods. Although it was a good job, it also helped me find out the food industry isn't my cup of tea.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hard work
Great Culture, still growing
Training Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 13, 2018
The Habit is an awesome place to work with amazing people. certain departments are growing more rapidly than others. The company as a whole is still adapting to its massive expansion.
Pros
Great culture and people
Cons
not enough sick or PTO
Poor choice of management
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 11, 2018
racist, homophobic, sexist general manager. issue had been brought up to district manager and was ignored. injuries were not taken care of and there were many unsafe working conditions such as stacked dishes that fall on employees frequently.
Pros
free burgers / fries
Cons
employers don't care about employees
Good place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CASeptember 6, 2018
It's honestly a great place to grow your customer service skills . The people working there are friendly and easy to get along. They are flexible with your availability.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habit Burger Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight