Habit Burger Grill Employee Reviews

great for a first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 16, 2018
this was my first job ever and I learned a lot about responsibility and everything that comes along with having a job. Management was always great and helpful to all my questions and concerns! I love the habit.
Productive with great learning opportunities
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAOctober 15, 2018
I still currently work at The Habit until I find a medical job and I have always been happy with this company. It was my first job moving to the Bay Area and I have had nothing but support from management. I have been able to grow a lot as a person and learn new skills.The location I work at is a very fast-paced environment so it's important to be able to stay on your toes and get things done fast but efficiently. With such great training I've been able to do so and have learned to stay calm in difficult situations. I have also learned how to work well as a team with my co-workers which is a very important aspect to a successful work environment.
Pros
free lunches, great pay and a lot of opprotunity for advancement
Cons
healthcare
Fast paced, and fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CAOctober 9, 2018
A typical day at work would be taking orders, cleaning, and helping out wherever needed. Usually if it was slowing down I would clean tables and trays and restock the front fridge.
Pros
great pay
Cons
a lot of hours per shift
Good workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CASeptember 27, 2018
Habit is a good place to work. Helps you hone your skills at customer service, training, interviews, conflict resolution with customers, and over all professionalism. The customers who come in are happy with the food and fun environment that we work in. We are serious in the way we execute our job but we try to make it fun at the same time. The hardest part of the job is when customers are just plain straight out rude and threatening to contact corporate office just because we are following our procedures yet they want more. The most enjoyable part is the bond you create with the team and with the consistent customers that come in and who genuinely care about how your day is going and what is going on in your life.

Management varies from store to store. Just depends who is running the store and what their expectations are which will determine what level of growth you personally can obtain as well as team growth. Overall though, there is always good management in the store and you know who they are by their level of care and effort that they put into their work and how they constantly try and build relations with the team and guests.
Pros
Free food per shift and discounts when you come in off shift. Fun environment, healthcare plans, 401k...
Cons
Pay compared to level of work asked
I met cool people but the company only used me as a grunt worker and never helped me benefit myself to live a better life.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CASeptember 24, 2018
Worked here for almost 3 years always went above and beyond for this company only be rewarded with empty promises about salary\ job advancements. I hate to be negative but this job never took care of me even though I’ve gone way out of my way working for habit.
Pros
No drug test
Cons
Bad pay and management
fun
Cook/Cashier/Team (Former Employee) –  Wildomar, CASeptember 17, 2018
this job was a very good learning experience for me in terms of foods. Although it was a good job, it also helped me find out the food industry isn't my cup of tea.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hard work
Great Culture, still growing
Training Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 13, 2018
The Habit is an awesome place to work with amazing people. certain departments are growing more rapidly than others. The company as a whole is still adapting to its massive expansion.
Pros
Great culture and people
Cons
not enough sick or PTO
Poor choice of management
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 11, 2018
racist, homophobic, sexist general manager. issue had been brought up to district manager and was ignored. injuries were not taken care of and there were many unsafe working conditions such as stacked dishes that fall on employees frequently.
Pros
free burgers / fries
Cons
employers don't care about employees
Good place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CASeptember 6, 2018
It's honestly a great place to grow your customer service skills . The people working there are friendly and easy to get along. They are flexible with your availability.
Pretty fun with the right coworkers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 5, 2018
Steady flow of customers with rushes at lunch and dinner. Coworkers can make or break your experience. Hardest part is handling difficult customers, most enjoyable aspect would probably be the coworkers.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Dont work as a cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 5, 2018
Do not work as a cook, I repeat do not work as a cook. I worked for 6 months here, and I was given terrible hours, mostly closing and opening, sometimes closing and then opening the next day. And my schedule was changing all the time, I was scheduled to work on multiple Sundays, which I requested off due to religious reasons. And lastly, the actual work, At least at the location I worked at the cooks do 90%+ of the work at the restaurant, and are treated the worst. Cashiers get the tips, us cooks do inventory checks, stocking, prepping, cooking, and cleaning. I definitely was not paid for what I was worth, too much stress, and not enough pay.
Pros
Nice managers
Cons
Too much work, stress, not enough pay, bad scheduling
Fast-Paced Work environment
Associate Cashier II (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 31, 2018
I love working with my manager who initially hired me, the food is great, and the cooks are very nice. However, the newly transferred manager is horrible to work for and she is the primary reason I am looking for a new position elsewhere.
Pros
Fun work environment, Free food
Cons
Fatima
Busy but fun work place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAAugust 20, 2018
It was very fast paced. Stressful at times but once things got easier. It was fun. Great team to work with unfortunate I had to move. We were a family not co workers. We all looked after eachother.
ok job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 18, 2018
When I first started working for the habit everything was great from management to coworkers. We then got a new DM and everything changed- it went downhill. We started to make so many changes that people started leaving and management also started leaving, bringing on new management. The new management is not stable and just stand around in comparison to the old management that would be leaders of the team and encourage employees to work hard but you would also see them working hard. Managent also gossips about other managers, cooks, and cashiers calling them stupid behind their backs or under their breath. When I first started working for the habit it was very professional but it was also under different management. Lastly, the pay sucked and they continue to tell you that you get a raise every year and that you could move up. However, when they try to get you to move up they pay very little for much more responsibility. If they paid better and actually managed their stores without harrasing their employees maybe everyone would stop leaving
Pros
Free burgers and fries
Cons
Hard work-little pay, gossip, management
Miss working here
Cashier/Expediter (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 1, 2018
The Habit was my first job. I learned many things in regards to customer service and was able to apply my problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills. It is very fast-paced, but it is fun when working with a group of great people.
Good place to work for a short while.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 30, 2018
Job was pretty good, just food service is not where i wanted to be the rest of my life, overall company is good. They treat their people fare and always work to serve the customer.
Pros
Free lunch's for managers. Higher up actually seem to care about the lower people.
Cons
Health coverage is Ok not the best.
Unfair and overworked
Cook (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 23, 2018
When I was hired for this job I was promised full time and position advancement and that definitely has not been the case. In fact the managers profit and get bonuses for sending people home. What type of company rewards this? These are hard working people who depend on their weekly schedules but get cut short daily so the managers can get a bonus. This company slave drives people for minimum wages. Its a sad place to work. I dont recommend AT ALL!
Pros
Free lunch daily.
Cons
Timed work performance so they can send you home early, over worked, cut hours weekly
N/a
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJuly 20, 2018
Working at the habit burger grill was ok. They for sure gave you time to learn and to focus on your personal growth of management. It was also a strong team.
Good place
Cook / Fryer (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 17, 2018
Great place to work, just don't get enough hours to live. They do pay you above average per hour based on what you learn to help developed better skills.
Pros
Free food, good culture
Cons
No hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 17, 2018
Lots of work and fast-paced so sometimes managers can get stressed out. But it is also fun and goes by quickly. Doesn't pay that well but higher than most fast food places.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habit Burger Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.8

1.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight