Habit Burger Grill Employee Reviews

Fast paced work flow
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 18, 2018
It's a very fast and competitive with a lot of learning opportunities and challenges to keep you on your feet. Constant and consistent training opportunities.
Its a good place to work in If you can get a long with others (managers and Cooks)
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 7, 2018
The habit is great company with great benefit. The job is not too hard, it is fun if you can get a long with the others (managers and employees). The hardest part is when you work from 12:00pm to 9:00pm. and sometimes you have to stay longer.
great job as a young adult
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 2, 2018
great job as a young adult going to school , good management program but no social life because you are working day and night with minimal pay, overall good job for young adult .
Fast-paced
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMarch 17, 2018
Working as a line cook is fun and times flies. The restaurant is always busy during the day. I learned how to work fast and under pressure, ensuring all items are sent out with precision. The hardest part about the job is falling behind because of needing to redo an order or making a mistake. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing all tasks on time and putting a smile on everyone's face from the guests to your managers to your coworkers and yourself.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
your hands ache afterward
Possibilities but need some luck
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 13, 2018
Very fast pace environment. New people starting need to catch on quickly or be left behind. Turnover was very high in this company due to fast pace, attention to detail but lack of time to train (tight labor controls). If individuals make it to the third level in BOH, second level in FOH, or 9 months in management, then they usually stay and have a higher opportunity to move up. Getting into the higher management positions is usually by luck, rather than skill. If you have what the higher management wants, then you can easily move up.
Pros
attention to detail
Cons
management
Creates a great mindset for any hospitality job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buena ParkMarch 11, 2018
Having the Habit as a first job is a really good experience and helps set a very professional mindset when it comes to working at any job involving hospitality.
Cons
Inconsistent hours, Not flexible
Wonderful work place at Habit Grill
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAFebruary 24, 2018
The Habit Grill is not only known for the great food that is served but the known for great customer service and great working team members! Besides it being so busy at times it will always be a positive wonderful work place .
Cons
Having to close at night alone being new.
Great work environemnt
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJFebruary 13, 2018
First location was opened in my town and I applied. After applying i was put through rigorous training to become an excellent chef. I was taught well and there was excellent opportunity for progression.
Pay was not equivalent to labor
Cashier, Server (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 12, 2018
The only thing I enjoyed about this place was the food, it was always super busy and crowded and the management wasn't great. it was cool that we could get discounts on the food that we bought for lunch, but other than that the pay was horrible for how intense the labor was.
Great food
General Manager (Former Employee) –  CAFebruary 10, 2018
If you didn't get promoted thru thu ranks, you will never be accepted into their "click". Managers are encouraged to over work and under pay employees.
Pros
2 days off
Cons
Horrible leadership
managment
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAFebruary 3, 2018
long hours, low pay with much expected and put on you, higher up management don't appreciate the good you do and they only bring up the negatives. they also twist the rules against you in order to get rid of the people that they no longer want working there
Fun environment
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 31, 2018
Great place to work for a younger person starting out in life. Very fast paced and challenging environment in the food industry. Management development needs to be improved within as an organization, but still a good overall culture.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Long hours for management
Good company.
Cashier III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Working at a fast food place was definitely tough, but working at Habit Burger and Grill was probably a lot easier and funner than I thought. I think being able to get free food is a plus.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks.
Was a cool place to work in the beginning
Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2018
Then the managers use a lot of favoritism fast pace environment not like the average fast food joint restaurant casual lots of expectations good pay but not great pay.
Pros
Great teaching skills
Cons
Favortism
Fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJanuary 16, 2018
I worked at the habit when I was 16 years of age as a high school student with a part-time job it was a fun environment and a good way to get that customer service experience.
Collaborative work environment and built communication skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Working at The Habit is a great place to work if you like a fast-paced environment, communicating with customer concerns, and working as a team to complete goals.
Love culture however new management has come.
Cashier title c3 (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJJanuary 10, 2018
Started in 2016 loved job and management. Once new management came they did not understand culture place was a disaster. CEO was never there. It seemed as employees cared more than the management. They let off people early to try to save money and put pressure on one person.
Pros
Good Food; Good Tech; Great Customers
Cons
No way build a career; "Your just a worker"
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 6, 2018
Great service great company, only thing I can honestly say I didn’t like is how they kinda lied about me moving up and maybe one day becoming the manager
Great work place, expending exponentially
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CADecember 4, 2017
I believe this place is a great place to work. I advanced quickly and I enjoy working here. I just believe it is time for me to move on and enjoy something different in my life.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Not an organized work environment, some bad management and always putting too much on one person
great manager
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CADecember 3, 2017
manager was very helpful
moved up real quick
front house work
waitressing
bussing tables
fry cook
back of the house management
training to be a supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habit Burger Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.8

1.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight