Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Most challenging and worthy work i've ever done
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 28, 2017
Habitat GSF is achieving incredible work in the Bay Area and i'm grateful that I am a part of it. The work life balance is great and they are focused on retaining and developing their team members. The work life balance is excellent and I work with some of the most talented people that I've met in my career. I love working at Habitat and think it's well run. I also think more thought is put into the well being of employees than other places I've worked. They do their best to prevent burn out and have great benefits.

Sometimes I don't think that team members at Habitat realize just how great we have it which can be tough. The experience at Habitat does vary greatly from manager to manager. There are times when some departments seem horribly busy while others seem to be incredibly mellow. I would like that to even out more.
Pros
work-life balance, benefits, talented people, incredibly worthy mission
Cons
the normal non-profit woe: staff turn over, attracting and retaining talent, heart driven management that sometimes doesn't hold people accountable
Terrible. Don't work for Habitat
Volunteer Services Manager - Programs Department (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 11, 2017
Never have I been so abused by a nonprofit as Habitat for Humanity.

All of their money goes into their ad campaigns, whihc are extremely effective in fooling the public to think they are still actively building houses and helping people. They mostly are not.

Do not give them your money or ever work for them if you value your dignity and self respect.
Pros
Everyone reacts positively when you tell them who you work for
Cons
every. single. other. aspect.