Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

51.1K
Found 1,586 reviews matching the search See all 1,863 reviews
Volunteer
Volunteer Builder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
It was outdoors and fun. It was volunteer work and I gained alot of experience learning and building houses. I learned to use tools when I was younger.
Pros
Free Lunch
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJuly 18, 2018
Extremely positive workplace. All about helping and giving back. Another unfortunate business that went out of business due to location. Learned a lot.
Pros
non profit
Cons
went out of business
Love and miss this job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAJuly 18, 2018
Best work place for sure. Cried when we got the news about our department closing, great I people, supportive community, enjoyed going to work can't think of anything negative to say very satisfied
Pros
Paid vacation, great staff
Cons
Closed to soon
Fun and enjoyable place to volunteer.
Volunteer work for the Habitat for Humanity (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2018
Very interesting and fun place to volunteer. I was able to help other people out. I enjoyed raising the walls on houses. It gave me Great gratitude. Good place to volunteer.
good Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 16, 2018
overall a really good company to work for. friendly co-workers understanding Management . I always stayed busy with a set schedule. the hardest part of the job was all the dust but the company made sure I was gave a dust mask to help out .
Pros
full time hours
Cons
no benifits
Day in Review
Director of Partner Family Services (Current Employee) –  Americus, GAJuly 16, 2018
• Responsible for administering the Affiliate’s Partner Family Selection and support program in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures
• Works with applicants through the application and selection process prior to and after families
become accepted into the program
• Monitors sweat equity hours, coordinate and conduct homeownership education classes, coach families during the closing process, mentors families as they assume the responsibility of homeownership, and offers continued family support
• Serves as Account Recovery Manager
• Works with Construction Manager and Volunteer Coordinator in effort to make certain that homeowners are properly informed at all times
• Community Outreach Coordinator

My workplace is more like a family environment, we laugh, love and always work together to carry out the mission of our company.
There is not "hard part" of my day because there is always a solution for any problem that may occur.
fun place to work
Cashier/Donations/Boutique (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARJuly 15, 2018
Great management great employees wonderful giving county that never left us wanting for donations. When I left, we had just dedicated our 135th house.
Fun place
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingsford, MIJuly 14, 2018
The job is always interesting and definitely good for a creative individual at the ReStore. The manager and director promote creativity and bringing new and fresh ideas and projects to the table. No real drama between employees.
New director was a bad decision.
ReStore Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 14, 2018
I truly enjoyed working for Habitat. It was really nice to be able to help my community while also working a full-time job.

I only started having issues working there when the board decided to fire our director and hire a completely incompetent mess of a person, who ended up firing the entire staff.

I got hurt in my last month at Habitat. It was the first time the new manager ever had to deal with a workman's comp case and they took out their frustrations on me by looking for any reason to fire me.

I started to heal and attempted to perform the job I was hired to do and was fired when they couldn't find a gas receipt. They blamed me for their own incompetence.
Pros
Great place to help your community
Cons
Incompetent supervisor(s)
decent place to work for good money
Assistant Driver (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJuly 13, 2018
the job is easy going and normally relaxed, nothing more than assisting guests and loading/unloading furniture from vehicles. management is good but leave will cut pay rate without notifying employees and also enforce employees to operate large box trucks without any prior experience or training
Pros
discount furniture
Cons
management withholds pay raise without employee knowledge
Was a Two year contract
Store Associate, Maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NY 11779July 12, 2018
Worked for the Urban League of Weatchester under a two year contract throug the Mature Workers Program. A program for adults 50 year and older to recieve work and or new job training skills.
I worked for The Suffolk County One Stop Employment Center and The Habitat for Humanity. Both having a very pleasent and enjoyable work environment. Habitaty for Humanity worked as a Building Maintence worker, keeping the grounds clean, making sure the factory was well maintained and assiting customers when needed.
Pros
Easy to get too with Public Transportation.
Cons
Wish contract was longer.
n/a
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCJuly 11, 2018
Great company to be a part of, and the company mission is completely positive. I would recommend this company for anyone. Young people are the future of this company
driver warehouse
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 11, 2018
good company they do alot of great things in the community. good place to go to get some warehouse experience. there wasnt much room for advancement or pay raises but overall not a bad job
Best place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 10, 2018
People are carrying and as a matter how many questions you as they answer him nicely. Found it to be more structured which I loved. Working with customers was a great experience . Learning a lot of new things .
Nice.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJuly 10, 2018
only worked here for a short period of time and enjoyed it. very great place to work with a very great cause. the people here truly enjoy and are passionate about HFH.
Fun and Hot work days
Donation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 9, 2018
I worked in the Restore portion of Habitat where you're outside and people come in to purchase cheaper objects to help around the house. As well as organizing and price labeling everything on shelves making sure paints haven't gone bad as well.
Pros
short days
Cons
summer is hot
Volunteer Status
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 9, 2018
Although I was only a volunteer, I enjoyed my time at Habitat for Humanity. The management and other workers were welcoming and requirements were explained with easy understanding and help was always offered.
Nice place to work
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJuly 9, 2018
It was a nice place to work. The co-workers were all good people, the management was good, and the job was a nice balance between hard work and relaxed times. Pay was alright for a ministry oriented job, but not very good overall.
Pros
Good people, good cause
Cons
low pay
Great support
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2018
I volunteered to mentor children who has no father figure at home.
I enjoy doing that and the families deeply appreciated my assistance and were grateful.
good place to practice installing wires
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 6, 2018
it's a good place to hone my skill's. met nice people willing to guild me. it was a relaxed place to work. they explain what we where working on in detail.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no healhcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight