Habitat For Humanity
4.3
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA24 reviews
Not a bad working experience
At Habitat for Humanity, I've learned basic pricing, stocking and organizing inventory. I've also worked with the customers excellently there. Overall, it is a good working experience.
Pros
Learning stocking, pricing, and organizing inventory
Cons
No pay
Habitat for Humanity ReStore
I truly enjoyed my time there but my commute duding rush hour was approximately 1.5 hours.
I always enjoyed helping people and Habitat for Humanity believed in second chances. I believe everyone deserves a second chance.
Relaxed and fun
Working here allowed me to be creative in decorating and organizing the store making it easy for customers to find what they’re looking for. It gave me a lot of really good experience working with others and taking orders and making sure things get done the right way.
Good Working Evironment
I was a high school volunteer at a Habitat for Humanity restore. While there, I found that the work environment to be clean and orderly. The management was accommodating to my availability and I enjoyed working for a worthy cause.
Volunteering
Went to Habitat for Humanity to volunteer while getting more and more used to working with customers to ensure a positive experience. Other volunteers very friendly and made whole experience better.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I didn't like it.
Not only is it the same experience as working a job, they don't pay most people either. And whoever they do pay is lucky to make enough to live on at that.
Positive work environment with a friendly staff
While working at Habitat For Humanity I learned a whole lot about appliances and furniture. The staff is very professional and polite which made working there enjoyable.
very strick place, and became not fun
It was fun at first because I had a very cool manager until she left the company. the manager who took her place wasn't nice at all, I became unhappy there and decided to leave.
Pros
good job at first
Cons
job sucked in the end
Good Place to Work
It was a nice place to work. I loaded and unloaded trucks. Organized products. Everyone was nice. Schedule was flexible. I volunteered their for a Scout badge I was working on.
Fun place to work
Usually, I would wipe down the hardwood furniture throughout the store. Hardwood furniture would include chairs, tables, cabinets, and dressers. The job was not hard and my co workers were nice to me.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Habitat For Humanity?
Stressfull place, but overall good fun
Typicall day would involve bouncing around everywhere juggling many things at one time, lots of physical activity and plenty of social work with customers. pricing items, directing volunteers. and much more that your paid for. In the end, it's a team effort.
i don't want to write this
typical day at Habitat for humanity was very laid back and was not rushed at all. very few customers in the retail floor. and they would work around your schedule.
Pros
got discounted furniture
Cons
wasn't paid
Productive Work Place, Good People
Uphold the organization of the store. Receiving donations, pricing donations, and integrating donations into store isles. Workplace culture is hard work, being able to take orders and accomplish tasks set by supervisors. Hardest part of the job is finding space for donations to fit in the store. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people buy the donations, and the profit that is used to build affordable housing.
Pros
All profits benefit the building of affordable housing by Habitat for Humanity
Cons
Labor work, Like working in Home Depot
Good introduction to employment
The work was simple enough, but provided physical and mental challenges that could be solved either alone or with a team. I recommend this position to anyone looking for a place to start.
Great place to get great work experience.
Every day was a different work day at habitat. some days you would find yourself receiving donations from customers, doing donation pick up's from donors house's, and even running the sales floor and helping customers with things they might need help finding. Overall it was a fun work place. Employees are very friendly and great to get along with.
Pros
Great work experience
Volunteer work
Got to help people around the country with building their homes. Managing team would differ, some were great others were slow and lazy. Worth every hour you put in.
volunteer
I volunteered at Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore three days per week. I swept, cleaned, and kept the area tidy for customers. I worked on a class project and helped customers carry items out of the store.
Volunteer work
Learned about house work and team building.
Rotating workers mean you have to constant adapt and pick up the slack for people. Rewarding experience to help the less fortunate.
Pros
Enjoyable experience and learn about basic house keeping
Cons
Productive and fun work place with an awesome cause!!
My duties at work included but not limited to assisting Operations Manager on a daily basis with pricing,merchandising,and volunteer management. Also cash handling on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
must be able to lift 75 pounds or more daily
fun environment
This is a fun environment for those people that are still attending high school and need to complete their student service learning hours
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
great cause but affiliate poorly managed
habitat is a great cause. i loved helping the families and working with the volunteers. Unfortunately this affiliate is very poorly managed and has lost sight of the habitat mission.
Pros
great cause, loved helping families
Cons
bad management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
1.5K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Habitat For Humanity.