Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Found 1,691 reviews matching the search See all 1,988 reviews
Ok work place real calm and laid back
ReStore Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple shade NjOctober 15, 2018
The job was good until they just mad up a reason to fire me and they did. I really worked hard everyday for low pay and no real incentives except for mananageme t
Pros
First dibs on returns
Cons
Low pay
Very Nice place to work.
Customer Service Associate / Driver (Current Employee) –  Southport, NCOctober 15, 2018
Great place to work, just wish they paid more and offerd benefits. The store I work for is very well managed and is a really great place to work. I would recomend working at Habitat for Humanity to anyone looking for a really good job.
Pros
Cons
Pay and Benefits.
Enjoyable, Learning Experience
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 14, 2018
Learned a lot and met a bunch of caring, hospitable people.An enjoyable environment that allows the process of giving back to the community to provide for others who are not in the best position to provide for themselves.
I liked my coworkers and did important work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VA 24401October 14, 2018
It was exciting to see the new items that came in and I got along well with my coworkers. It was also nice to know I was helping an important cause. I miss it.
Pros
exciting job, friendly coworkers, appreciative boss
Cons
the pay was not great, administrative politics, customers who insisted on bartering
Fast-paced but fun. Great work environment!
Voulenteer (Former Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 13, 2018
During my time at Habitat for Humanity I was able to experience a new level of co-operation. The work was fast paced but not stressful, and the people there were patient and understanding of mistakes. Each day was productive and filled with new experiences.
team work
Driver/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, AROctober 12, 2018
I enjoy assisted customer pick up donation .we work as team got job done . made lot good friend .I wish pay benefit were better need new management. unpay and mis treated
Great people, great mission
ReStore Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, NCOctober 11, 2018
I love HFH, the mission is amazing! The people work hard as a team to give a hand up not a hand out. They care for every aspect of what they are doing. The folks that purchase the homes are just as amazing...
Fun place to work
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, OROctober 11, 2018
Very fun place to work and everyone there is very nice and very helpful when you need it and ask for it. They provide snacks if you need and want it. Working there has been one of the best experiences of my life so far.
Productive place to work.
Clerk/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 10, 2018
Loved going there daily. I enjoyed working there, everyone was nice. If you want to work there, it's a fun and working environment. Everyone gets along well with one another.
Pros
Riding in truck.
Loosely Organized
Restore (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2018
Great company and concept. Employees can be overly-taxed or not overseen at all. Typical of not-for-profit world where the oversight and accountability are not spelled-out and only implemented when the boss has a tough day.
Positive work environment with a friendly staff
Driver and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAOctober 8, 2018
While working at Habitat For Humanity I learned a whole lot about appliances and furniture. The staff is very professional and polite which made working there enjoyable.
Helps people
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 8, 2018
I was there after a recent job injury at Tulsa Bus Plant. It was a light duty assignment. Calling clients reminding them to make their' house payments was more than interesting but productive.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Sometimes tense environment
Poor Management
Family Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 7, 2018
I resigned from my position for lack of training available by the upper management. The hardest and only frustrating part of my job was when asked a question on how to find or do something, I was told my the ED he didn't know, and to call the prior Family Services Coordinator for instruction. I did however learn to do tasks I had not done before, such as... file for a "Texas Boot Strap Loan". I enjoyed working to help those who came in for housing assistance.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Poor management
I recommend anyone to at Habitat For Humanity
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 5, 2018
A typical work day at Habitat was enjoyable because of the friendly staff and relaxed work environment. I learned that taking in donations and operating the sales floor is a lot like shipping and receiving merchandise. The management at the store location where I work was okay to say the least and could have mad alot of improvement to make the store run more efficiently in my opinion. The hardest part of the job was probably the amount of physical demand compared to the pay. What I enjoyed the most was helping customers find exactly what they needed to make their day.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Poor Managment
Habitat
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 1, 2018
It was a great place to work at if you have the skills to lift things and enjoy working at a fast pace. I liked it overall. I sometimes worked on the floor to help move things around
Pros
Everyone was friendly
Cons
It was slow on some days
Making a difference in community
Logistics & ReStore Manager (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MISeptember 28, 2018
Serving customers with purchases and receiving donations making pick ups.Most enjoyable part of job is engaging with people.
Management are a great group of people.
Habitat for Humanity is a great job
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PA 18052September 27, 2018
I worked for over a year as a volunteer stocking at habitat for humanity. The job started as a requirement for my high school graduation project. When my 20 hours were done I loved it so much I stayed on as a volunteer working in paint and stocking.
Pros
Management is incredible and nice, all the workers are as well
Productive yet fun workplace
Construction project manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 25, 2018
Staff are all friendly and easy to work with. Family oriented business. Great paid vacation time off with sick time and good benefits. Overall its good place to work.
sad place to work
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 24, 2018
This orginization takes full advantage of it"s volunteers. The county sends peple to pay off their debts to society and this places loves it. They rule as if in the slave days . Talk about taken advantage of.
Pros
work during the day open 6 days a week
Cons
all in all stressfull and competetive
It is a great organization and is a great mission.
ReStore Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 24, 2018
Habitat is a great organization. The organization stays true to its mission statement, but allows for the fostering of ideas that will help move those mission forward to best serving the community.
Pros
Helping people achieve their dreams of home ownership, while also doing its best to help the community clean and resale used items.
Cons
Hard to do everything that is needed when you have to rely on volunteers to do large projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3
51.1K

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight