Habitat For Humanity

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Found 1,752 reviews matching the search See all 2,063 reviews
Very fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Covington, GADecember 8, 2018
Habitat for humanity exposes you to situations that you may or may not have been in. You give back to your community and get a chance to meet new people.
Very rewarding, volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INDecember 8, 2018
Vewy enjoyable, rewarding, and challenging. This would be a very good educational experience for any young person in the us. It feels good to build something real that is important to others.
Pros
very rewarding
Cons
no pay
Typical day at work
Construction Apprentice (Former Employee) –  St. Peters, MODecember 7, 2018
A typical day at work for me is constantly lifting and stocking the floor as needed throughout the day. You always have to be taking donations then get it priced and onto the floor with the other merchandise. you are always helping loading item into peoples cars or answering question they need answered.
Former employee
Former OM (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CADecember 5, 2018
Management is VERY disorganized and passive aggressive. 80% of Santa Rosa's management team dropped like flies over the summer with no explanations. Horrible, disorganized environment.
Pros
Nice people with a positive vision
Cons
Short lunches, horribly disorganized management
good worklife balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 5, 2018
habitat is a good place to work. It allows you to have a life. The pay needs to be adjusted to be more competitive. Too much red tape when it comes to getting people hired
great
Cement Mason (Former Employee) –  Sedro-Woolley, WADecember 5, 2018
great place to work good people the benefits were good i really enjoyed working for this company def would recommend to friends an family.could def make a career
As Team Leader
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILDecember 4, 2018
As a Team Leader we engage volunteers as much as possible while maintaining an enjoyable environment in hopes that volunteers return . Attempting to maintain a schedule for specific projects proves to be challenging working with volunteers, although making it enjoyable and interesting so the volunteer wants to return is satisfying. Building a house from the ground up or rehabbing a home down to the studs and working with the future homeowner during the process is most rewarding.
Pros
working with and teaching volunteers
Cons
at times, time commitment
Exciting workplace
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, SCNovember 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for Habitat for Humanity. I was able to meet college students from different colleges to help build on houses. It was voluntary for the students, and they used their Spring Break to help build families homes.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
no benefits
Productive, fast environment, good workers.
Helper (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 29, 2018
Ok job had a great learning experience working for Habitat For Humanity. Good management well organized company, great help hardest part about the job was building. Best part of the job was the exciting co-workers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great mission, loosely organized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 28, 2018
The management changed very often so things were constantly changing in the way that the store was ran, making the culture of the workplace unstable and unpredictable.

The hardest part of the job was that there was a lack of an even flow of donations and how to price donations accordingly to be sold at an efficient rate. The ReStore was heavily dependent on getting a lot of its help from volunteers to supplement the lack of a full staff. There was a very inconsistent flow of volunteers, which caused a challenging work environment when there were little to no volunteers. I believe that this environment led to the high turnover rate.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet and work with many volunteers all while working towards a fantastic mission. There were many great coworkers I met as well. It was nice knowing you were helping people one way or another on a daily basis.
Pros
Sense of fulfillment in helping others, met fantastic individuals
Cons
Low pay with a high workload, high turnover rate
Very great place to work
Cashier/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Walterboro, SCNovember 28, 2018
I worked at the Restore in Walterboro as part of my job placement for mothers needing assistance. They are very helpful, I learned to develop strong people skills there
I love it.
CLIENT SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 28, 2018
I work at typical Monday through Friday 8 am-5 pm position. From answering phones to sitting down with clients to complete applications to going on home assessments, it's been a wonderfully diverse experience.
Pros
volunteer opportunities, one hour lunches, and working with a great group of individuals!
Habitat for Humanity offered me the chance work in an amzing work enviornment. While allowing to server people from from all walks of life.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 28, 2018
My employment at Habitat for Humanity certainly enriched my life. While providing me with the opportunity to have a positive and lasting impact on the lives of others.
Great mission and staff
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNNovember 28, 2018
Loved working at ReStore. A new ED caused the work environment to become more stressful. The BOD was in the dark of the day to day operations of the ReStore
Pros
Flexible work schedule, staff, mission
Cons
Pay, benefits
Not for the faint of heart
ReStore Associate (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 25, 2018
This job is both physically and mentally demanding. It can be more tolerable depending on the team you have. Being a non-profit, negotiations for needed items in the workplace can be a struggle. Overall, rewarding work, but comes with a fair share of challenges.
Pros
Flexible work place, lots of volunteer help
Cons
Pay, lack of benefits
Mission minded, relaxed atmosphere
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILNovember 25, 2018
Small group working with many volunteers to provide affordable housing to those in need. They build new homes, rehab older homes and fix up homes for those unable to do so physically or financially
Great oppurtunity
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MA 01420November 23, 2018
It's a great volunteer work processs to help build homes and shelter for familes , you get to help others and be able to take that knowledge and use it how you like.
Safety in the Workplace
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 20, 2018
It is a challenge that I enjoy; I get along with my co-worker. I feel comfortable and safe working around my co-worker. I learned the people in management are much involved in your work activities.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
A great place for someone, but at present not for me
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Defiance, OHNovember 15, 2018
Most Habitates are wonderful places to work for, At present the Habitate I work for is going through many changes, and they are not condusive to my contiued emplyment there.
Pros
flexibility of time
Cons
no health care, too few employees
Caring non-profit team
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2018
Worked for habitat as a full time accounts payable clerk. Stayed in contact with co-workers and managers.
Very caring company to work for and enjoyed being employed with them.
Pros
Everyone worked well together
Cons
Needed updated computer systems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3
51.2K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight