Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Found 1,809 reviews matching the search See all 2,136 reviews
Great Company
Donation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 9, 2019
I looked forward to going to work and seeing clients full fill their dreams of owning a home. The staff is very passionate at their work! The community comes together with the client to build their home. Its amazing to see!
Pros
Fun
Cons
No smoking
Driver Ambassador
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLFebruary 8, 2019
Worked there for over a year. Great company to work for with good benefits. When working there it felt like family. Great place to work for as long as you don't make any mistakes. If you do get ready to be belittled and have your diginty stripped from you. They asked me a grown man to write down why I like to work there by fleet managment in stead of just writing me up for my infraction i made. I asked her if she wanted me to stand in the corner next..lol..Don't ask for a raise cause anything you did wrong will be thrown in your face. They will make it seem that your lucky you have a job and luicker your getting what I gave you. Good job over all just dont bump heads with upper management unless your a good talker to make them look silly or be ready to swallow your pride and be belittled.
Pros
Great benefits, family culture except for upper management.
Cons
Very poor upper management, no human factor. High turnover rate. Schedule made out to far.
Enjoyable experience for the most part, but lacking drive a little.
Carpenter/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gary, INFebruary 7, 2019
My experience for working with Habitat for Humanity was mostly very enjoyable, the only thing I would comment on is that it is a charity and not a normal run business.The motivation to stay driven and motivated sometimes suffers and the board members are not getting paid so there is a certain lack in motivation, which is understandable. With that being said the people that I did have experience working with were all very nice and good honest people.
Pros
Good People, Positive Environment
Cons
Sometimes the decision makers arent fully informed at the job site level.
Mission is wonderful and makes a difference
International Director (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 7, 2019
Habitat is an amazing organization that does even more for the community than for the family partners who become homeowners. Lots of opportunities to do good work. Some very old values that are understandably dated, but many very innovative and far reaching ideas
Pros
Great people, great cause
Cons
income
Work environment needs improvement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 7, 2019
The work environment of the ReStore needs major overhauling and assistance in maintaining employee morale. The ReStore needs more direction from it's managers and leaders to help receive, price and sell donations. Employees do not have proper training in customer service skills to deal with donors and those purchasing items to have a positive experience.

Although the mission and vision of the Orange County, Ca organization is great, the employees at the ReStore do not receive motivation and proper training to do well. Employees need to receive better training. recognition and better pay.
Pros
Basic benefits for health, dental and vision insurance. Easy, relaxed atmosphere and most employees are nice
Cons
No training, no recognition, no sense of urgency to perform well
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 7, 2019
It was a great company to work for. The highlight of the day was being able to help the customers makes decisions on the furniture that would be a good choice for their homes as well as the rapport working with the team. The hardest part of the day was moving the furniture around and setting up the warehouses but the end of the day was always good when you look back and see the productivity and progress that was made.
Great service offered to people in need
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 2, 2019
Habitat is a great company offering people in need a means to support their house hold and provide comfort to families that are struggling to support their families.
Variety of Duties.
Processor, Appraiser. (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJanuary 31, 2019
I am still employed here and may be for sometime yet. I do need to be thinking about getting away from the heavy lifting that has to be done . Overall I have enjoyed working here. I do enjoy working and probably will for a long time yet. I would be open to do other things.
Good
Re-Store Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 31, 2019
Volunteering at the ReStore was a good learning experience. The people there were nice and I got to take breaks in the back room. Only bad thing is how hot it always was.
Great place to work I miss it everyday
Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 31, 2019
The job was fun, the coworkers are wonderful, the management was excellent. I enjoyed coming to work everyday. I really felt like the company cares about its people.
Friendly and fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 30, 2019
Worked there for a year through a training program and it was pretty fun. Manager and employees where always helpful and kind.Environment is calm and full of work.
ASST. MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 29, 2019
I learned a lot with H4H over the time I have been there. I love the mission that is viewed and goals are reached towards that mission. Helping families is a beautiful thing to do and giving and being apart of that mission is very much a huge purpose.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
No leadership
Dock lead (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  2900 Elysian FieldsJanuary 29, 2019
As I began work with habitat I began to notice that the store manager was never around and was very hard to get in contact with. I was with a temp agency and was promised a position in the company on my second week. It was common knowledge every employee knew of the offer 8 months passed and it never happened.
Pros
Good cause
Cons
Poor management, hostile work environment
An excellent work experience.
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 28, 2019
Working for the habitat for humanity was an excellent and fun work experience, and overall a great opportunity to learn new things and people. I would recommend.
Pros
an overall great job
Cons
n/a
Great fast paced place to wrok
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 27, 2019
I really enjoyed my time at HFH. This work is a requirement for my TN Achieves Scholarship. Both jobsites were outside and I found it very gratifying to help build a house in the Murfreesboro community.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Sometimes work was outside
always doing something
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 26, 2019
At Habitat for Humanity we were always doing something, always building something, setting up new stands and helping customers, Really good place to work
ff
Assist the manager (Former Employee) –  Cullowhee, NCJanuary 25, 2019
The Macon Jackson Habitat for Humanity is very hard to work for. They do not treat the employees fair. They do not know how to run a store.
I did not trust the District Manager at all. He does not want to help you
A pleasant environment
Community Engagement Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 25, 2019
I really enjoy working a Habitat particularly because Habitat help provide the most important need for a person to gave stability in the life which is roof over their head.
Pros
Helping people
Stressful work environment
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 25, 2019
Driver/Delivering furniture and pickup of donations
Warehouse Work
Maintenance of Box Truck with Lift Gate

Workplace culture was difficult on a daily basis.

Enjoyed my co-workers.
Pros
Employee Staff was Great
Cons
Lack of Management
So fun and great people
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJJanuary 24, 2019
Habitat for Humanity is a great place to volunteer. Not only is it fun and easy-going but you meet so many great people all from different walks of life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3
51.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Habitat For Humanity.

Powered by Comparably