HACAP Employee Reviews

Challenging & Rewarding
Accountant & Compliance Supervisor Health Alliance (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAApril 18, 2018
Every day was a new adventure from the first day I started working for HACAP in November 2004 until they let me go in September 2015. I loved going to work every day. I loved the challenges the job gave me. I always felt I had job security. I was confident in my co-workers and their skills to complete their assigned responsibilities.
Pros
Work/Life policies, Pto, great benefits, rewarding job
Cons
Micro managers, insubordination, violate civil rights, discrimination
Lack of funding
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 25, 2018
My biggest concern was the lack of constant funding to support the work that is needed. When we had funding it was a great job, making a big difference in peoples lives.
Taking care of children an parents
Secretarial Intern (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAJanuary 18, 2018
I worked in the daycare filing i took all the information an filedit or entered t in to the system. It was a really laid back environment. I new most of the people there since i was 11 because my sister was a employee there for 15 years.
Lively preschool program
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJanuary 4, 2018
Worked in various classrooms and was able to work with many different children and their families. Outside community projects to support families during the year were fun to be a part of as well.
Pros
Fun not two days were ever the same.
Cons
Staff not always wanting to do their share.
Managment matters and nobody else
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 27, 2017
Working for this company provides good pay and benefits, otherwise not much else. Friendly people in my direct working environment but if you aren't management then you are disposable. Certain people get away with whatever and others are treated like they don't matter. Communication throughout the agency is terrible. Many times it seems like people are hired for a body and then they drive the good people out. You have few opportunities for upward movement and growth. No appreciation for their employees.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Poor communication, treatment of employees
Stressful work environment/Negative
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Hiawatha, IANovember 19, 2017
The only thing that makes working here tolerable is helping the agencies (People from food pantries), other then that everyone is always on edge or mad about something, there is never feedback for your work and no one really cares about the workers. The equipment is old and wires show so it fills unsafe, but if you bring it up the management just laughs at you.
Greatplace
Lead Toddler Worker/ Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 4, 2017
I was an assistant teacher. I enjoyed my first placement there, how ever they will move you to where they feel they need someone. It is stressful, considering you are dealing with children from many different cultures, and from the ages of 2.5-5 years of age.
Pros
hours
Cons
stressful
Good job, poor equipment
Delivery Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IowaJuly 4, 2016
The job itself is pretty good, however the equipment is sub-standard. I am constantly using my own money to keep my truck operational. Poorly ran facility.
Stressful and yet loving
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Anamosa, IAMay 26, 2016
I enjoy working with the children and families but would like to find something closer to home. The hours I have been working do not go well with being a single mother of 2 teenagers and I would like to be closer to home. I have always been a caregiver but feel it is time to move on to something a little different
Benefits
Cons
Management and drivev
Family oriented agency.
Child Care Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hiawatha, IANovember 8, 2015
HACAP is a very family oriented agency that cares about their employees.
HACAP is a community action program that is here to benefit our community through many different programs.
Loved working there!!
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 20, 2014
I would help teacher's on a daily basis. Assisting them with the children and daily activities.
Awesome Agency
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAJune 25, 2013
HACAP is an amazing agency that helps individuals and families to the best of their ability. Everyone is very caring and understanding. I would work there in a heart beat.