Hach Employee Reviews

Terrible company to work for!
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 22, 2019
There is no work/life balance and most employees are in fear of being terminated. Not a good culture to work. Management manages via fear. Goals are always stretched and most in the sales force are not happy.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Management through fear
Don't Work there.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJanuary 30, 2019
The human resources lady to is two faced. I saw an employee make lies up about her supervisor so she could get his job. And it worked The human Resources lady said it was okay that the employee said nasty things about her supervisor.
Pros
Cons
Every
Rewarding, intellectual,
SENIOR BUYER COMMODITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 22, 2019
The company offered great training, empowered employees to engage in problem solving and goal achieving activities. Provided tools and experience that were not only useful, but remained with you throughout your career.
Pros
Soft Serve Ice Cream
Cons
Lower pay than other companies in the region
Only a temp
Records and Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 10, 2019
I mostly enjoyed the people I worked with during my temp position. However, the place left a bad taste in my mouth. I was promised at being a temp for 6 months and then get the chance to get hired on. I was there 2 months and got laid off through an email. I'm not sure I would give them another go if they were hiring.
Pros
Free holiday lunches
Cons
Lack of training, too much bias and people don't hesitate to talk about you behind your back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CODecember 18, 2018
I loved working at Hach. The only issue I had was they did not have work at home as an option for the company. It felt like my coworkers were my family.
Pros
Unlimited Chocolate/Vanilla Ice Cream
Picking products for individual orders
Domestic Shipping (Former Employee) –  Ames, IASeptember 15, 2018
My duties were to grab an order sheet with some products from the track back between some shelfs or to grab the order sheet from the other location that was near where you entered the location and the go and grab the other products for the order and put them in a tote and then put the tote or totes down a rolling track for packers to pack them.
Pros
Scheduled breaks and scheduled lunches
Cons
Overtime every day which was from the first day I started which started out at 9, 10 hours or more per day
n/a
Senior Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 8, 2018
A typical day at Hach is very busy. The job starts with pre-call planning, procuring parts, inventory management, follow-up emails and writing service reports. There is a fair amount compliance and safety training that takes place on a continual on going basis. You will learn how to manage your time and work within various constraints.
Colloborative and Variable Lab Work
Chemical Technician, Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAMay 23, 2018
Working in Hach's Quality Control lab was enjoyable as the day always varied based on what products needed to be tested that day. Working in a larger lab with a good group of people definitely made the days go by faster. There were always new things to learn and promotions were available but I am not sure how much of a raise was given with promotions as I moved after only having been there for 2 months.
Pros
Good coworkers, colloborative environment
Cons
Short breaks, heating/cooling system was older
Seasoned sales person....not seasoned corporate suck up.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMay 6, 2018
If you are a GREAT salesperson, you can make pretty good money. I did. Then told that destroying my goal might have been some strange anomaly. (Raises based on performance).

If you are not a Great at sucking up to people that don't know what it means to hustle, might not work out long term. Plenty of turnover to prove that.

Plenty of good people though. Even the CEO was straight up. Middle management is creating work to justify their 6 figure incomes.
Pros
Pay not bad, just be ready with the lipstick. Anyone tells you different, they are lying.
Cons
Corporate slave.
Nice coworkers, terrible job.
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAMay 3, 2018
I liked it at first when I was hired but that’s because I was unaware of what I was getting myself into. First I was trained by a guy who had only been working for 2 months instead of a more experienced employee (which I knew for fact there were multiple guys who had been there 10+ years). I don’t fault him, he didn’t know a whole lot but he told me everything he knew. Fast forward after the probation period, I was “done” with my training and put on my own which didn’t go well at all because I wasn’t actually properly trained instead I was critized because I didn’t know everything, maybe I would’ve if I had a more experienced trainer and the machines weren’t complete trash. The machines were always breaking down because Hach is too cheap to replace anything instead you just taped it all back together and just rolled with it, otherwise you get yelled at for the machine not constantly running or you’d have a mechanic grumpily half fix it. The only plus about going in everyday was my fellow coworkers, they were nice and amazing to work with even though the job was utter garbage. If you needed help they were always there to help in light of a bad situation. I thought the breaks, time off and hours were fine but the rate of pay for the department I was in was low honestly compared to the guys upstairs who basically did the same job as us and got paid twice as much. All in all if you are looking to work here I personally wouldn’t but you need to have tough skin or just a care free attitude maybe you’ll handle it unlike me. And also get ready for zero training and poor management.
Pros
Hours, coworkers, breaks, healthcare, benefits
Cons
Management, morale, Training.
Each Department is Different, Company Goals = A+
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 24, 2018
This is a large company growing quickly. I felt like just another number in my department, not due to management but due to company culture. They are working on bringing technology up to date and in customer service/tech support that means our interactive software was not easy to navigate. I am grateful for my coworkers, and if you work well with numerical matrices it is a great place.
Pros
Coworkers, measured performance goals, location
Cons
Short breaks, too-high expectations, outdated facility
It's ok
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 12, 2018
Training was not good and the treatment from co-workers was horrible. They had no patience and the employees did nothing but badmouth their managers and job.
Great Place to work if you want to make a difference in people's live all over the world
Talent Scout (Current Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 4, 2018
Hach is this great unknown gem in Northern Colorado. 70+ years in business; feels like a start-up with the stability of a long-term successful corporation behind; most inspiring is the fact that I am able to work for a company that takes water quality around the globe serious --there are few things in live that are just as or more important.

Employees are held to high standards, they work hard, it is fast-paced and you don't see people stand around a water cooler and chat for 30 minutes, but they also have fun and you learn so much - I like this environment, but it isn't for everyone. Collaborative cross-functional teamwork environment.

I have never worked for a company that offers the kind of development opportunities and training opportunities and takes promoting within so serious.

The hardest part of my job and probably many jobs out there is to juggle meetings, projects, etc. that are so common in a corporate culture, while also making or trying to make an impact in the actual job for which you were hired for.
Pros
Free Coffee, Tea, Ice Cream, Good Benefits, Above standard 401k match
Cons
old facilities (but they working on that);
overall was a fun place to work
Color Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ames, IADecember 24, 2017
got to work with different chemicals and got to learn a lot more about how chemicals interact with one another
hours were good pay was decent
very independent job
Good old boy syndrum
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 24, 2017
You have to be a friend or buddy of a manager to be able to advance. Promotion arte by who you know and not what you accomplish or do for the company to make profits.
Pros
Cons
Dead end job for an outsider.
Great Management, A Lot of Work
Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAAugust 24, 2017
I worked in the QC labs and our lab management team was amazing. Lab processes and protocols are very easy to understand.
Unfortunately, the hours are long and the employee moral is not the greatest. Good company to work for when entering the science industry.
Pros
Good Management, Great Benefits
Cons
Overall moral, Long Hours, Hazardous Work Enviornment
Don't ever work for Hach you'll regret it later find a better place and pays more money and were they don't treat there temps as just another number
Building 2 (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 3, 2017
Regret excepting the position there it is the worsted place I have ever worked there communication is the worsted always out of parts management suck!
Pros
I met some good people there thats about it
Cons
Its not what you know its who you know. Worsted management ever your just another number
steady work
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 19, 2017
learning different jobs and how to use specialized equiptment. Laser etching probe bodies was fun and building turbidimeters and probes was very interesting.
Pros
increased knowledge of electronics and soldering
Cons
treated like just another cog in a giant machine
Company itself doing well but everyone is overworked.
Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJuly 19, 2017
Hach could benefit from more part-time positions and an entirely new facility with more space. Every square foot of that facility is already used for something. As a result, there's no privacy.

Ten-minute morning department meetings kept us feeling in the loop and like a team.

The QC lab's culture was genuinely good because both beginners and veterans would easily ask nearby co-workers for advice on tricky chemical tests.

Even hard-working, well-liked, and/or professional co-workers vanished permanently without warning, and not necessarily of their own choice.

Co-workers' professionalism was impressive but cold. (Before Hach, I had never worked at a company where nobody never says good morning or hello to any of their co-workers.)

Good benefits such as company clothing stipend IF you last several months. (When you do your laundry at home, you'll see corrosive burns in your pants and shirts often.)

It's very draining work but didn't require any work to be taken home.

You won't get constant emails, voicemails, or text messages when you're on-duty or off-duty.

Working in a department full of people who always keep their emotions in check is good for running accurate QC tests.

It's impossible to leave the facility long enough during your lunch break to get fast food for lunch, fill up the gas tank, pick up kids from day care, or run to the bank.
Pros
Excellent, practical on-the-job training in chemistry.
Cons
Co-workers consider it acceptable to have to work OT every other week.
great work place
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAMay 30, 2017
great company, nothing bad to say, only thing is the dress code was crazy(no shorts) there are short lunches and breaks, and at the time it was on the middle of the summer 99 degree weather with all black on with black steal toe boots on
Pros
great warehouse
Cons
short breaks