Hacienda La Puente Unified School District Employee Reviews

Productive, effective and professional
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hacienda Heights, CAMay 21, 2017
Dibble Adult School is the site where I worked is a very professional environment and productive. The management is excellent and office staff is very efficient.
They welcome opportunities and opinions and a respectful.
Pros
Many jobs opportunities
Cons
Contracts and few hrs.
Collaborative staff
10th grade English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hacienda Heights, CAApril 25, 2017
What I enjoyed and appreciated the most working in this district was the collaborative teaching staff. The staff and department meetings were always very productive and kept me inspired to keep or modify what I have implemented in my classroom, whether that be academically or classroom management.
Productive and fun learning enviorment
Certify Culinary Arts Teacher (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAMarch 20, 2017
Lesson plans, conducting hand on experience for students, cooking labs, I was in charge of curriculum and maintaining and observing that students were learning from my instruction. I learn that in working around people that see you clear vision is what leads to success. I had a great management staff. Culture is beautiful and goes hand and hand with teaching and learning its a journey worth taking. Waiting for something to get fix. My students seeing success. I work their for 9 years.
Pros
Working with people that love the industry
Cons
Healthcare
Great staff that has the best interest of their students as their main priority
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hacienda Heights, CAAugust 15, 2016
I enoyed my short stay in this school district. It was great greeting the students as they exited the school bus, eager to start their day.
the schools Special Ed. programs is excellent I was impressed by their Autism set up. Management and co-workers were friendly and helpful
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Due to a parent's illness not able to spend the time I would of like to in this district
Production workshop was a very nice place to work
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAJuly 11, 2016
Overall the staff is friendly but there isn't much room for advancement and they try not to give you full time hours so they don't have to give you benefits
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Not enough work time for substitute teachers
Excellent work environment
Office Assistant/AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hacienda Heights, CAJuly 25, 2015
Created a friendly work and learning environment for staff members as well as for the students. Provided guidance and help to all.
A trustworthy place to work
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Hacienda Heights, CAJune 28, 2015
As an instructional aide in the HLPUSD, I realized that a part-time aide I was exposed to supplying teaching staff assistance as well as assisting special educational students with both physical and behavioral needs. After getting phone calls to learn of new assignments I was given throughout the district, eventually I maintained steady assignments at one particular site. This particular site serviced students plagued with emotional and behavioral problems, deemed unfit for regulatory public school sites. The students range in difficulty yet collectively displayed great interest in the positive assistance I provided. This welcomed embrace allowed me to see the wide this position was more enriching than I had expected.
Pros
Duality in job site and assignments.
Cons
Part-time salary, no benefits, not guaranteed work the following school terms.
great place to work for
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Hacienda Heights,caOctober 8, 2014
I wish i could have stayed there longer, it is a great place to work for.
great place very friendly people here.
Mason watering (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJune 12, 2014
People are friendly and helpful the teachers are wounderful. A typical day is learning new skills everyday how to dig trenches and pipe fitting. management was helpful in all fields you can alway count on management.
Pros
learning daily
Cons
working and training in the heat.
Rewarding place to work in
ESL/CBET Teacher (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAJune 10, 2014
I have the opportunity to instruct Adults that want to learn English and that are open to parenting ideas/advice from myself and from their peers. It is a rewarding place to work in.
Pros
Love the people I work with and for.
Cons
Education is unstable at this time and funding is always getting threatened.
Productive, fun place to work.... work day went by fast !!
Sub Attendance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hacienda Heights, CAJune 9, 2014
Attendance records and documents; Communicate detailed information to public/staff and students regarding attendance and procedures. Filing and data archiving. Word processing and typing; problem solving and standard/modern office equipment operation. Customer service, data entry, and multi tasking in a fast pace environment.
Pros
Fast pace environment and customer service.
Fun, rewarding working environment
Child Development Technician (Former Employee) –  Hacienda Heights, CAJanuary 23, 2013
Job security, room for advancement, safe environment, policies and procedures implemented, and health care.
Pros
rewarding, fun environment
Cons
pay was low, a lot of paperwork
It was a public school
9th Grade High School English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hacienda Heights, CAJanuary 17, 2013
Decent. There were holes in the roof; the computer broke down with grades being added on at least three occassions.
The school was poor and I wouldn't have wanted to send my own children there.
Ok Temp job for work experience
Child Development Technician (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAJanuary 12, 2013
The most enjoyable part is working with the children, it's fun and children always keep you on your toes. As in any job you will come across people you like/dislike just have to know how to work with people to make it a good working environment; as for the women I work with currently they are wonderful ladies and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job, especially the Child Development Tech job is knowing if you are going to have a job the following year, there is always an issue of budget cuts and if you're there less than 4 years there is a high possibility of a lay off, 2 years ago I was laid off due to the fact i was there less than 4 years... So there's no type of job security.
I learned alot about library skills and office experience.
Librarian/ Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAAugust 3, 2012
I worked the library from 9-1130 am managing classes to visit the library to check out reading books, reshelved books in between classes manged checking out laptops to students and classes, barcoded new books as they came in. At 12 pm I worked in the office filing, info on students put it in the folder, answered phone calls, managed the front counter, computer input of student info, other tasks requested by the principal and resource teacher, attend to sick or hurt students.
Pros
always something new to do daily.
Cons
no job during the summer time off for 2 1/2 months without pay.
Educational insitution
Correctional Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hacienda Heights, CAJuly 15, 2012
Good place to work for.
I learned to manage an office by myself and all microsoft suite applcations.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a