Hacienda La Puente Unified School District

Hacienda La Puente Unified School District Employee Reviews

United States27 reviews
One thing I enjoy most about working as a guest teacher is the chance to experience a variety of working environments, interact with a diverse group of students, and be introduced to teachers with varying experience levels. All of this serves to make me a more competent and better-rounded instructor.
If you love teaching young children, the petty mindedness of the administration does not matter.
By default, you stare hope in the face all day long when working with children.
Flexible hours. Paid holidays as well as vacation/sick days. Competitive pay. Most work is mon-fri. Overtime work on weekends. Good place to work at.
Working for a school district has some perks since it is somewhat flexible with my school schedule. I will say this, the pay schedule is ridiculous since I get pay on the first week of the next month. In other words, I don't get paid every two weeks nor at the end of the month that I worked. Instead I get paid during the following month which is a bit of a nuisance. Something else that I will mention are the hours, I would relish if I would be given more than four hours but that's just the way it is with a school system.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I was happy that I got the job, and I grew attachment to the staff and students. I would wake up early in the morning just to get to work on time. I open the gates and turned off the alarm and check for any vandalism
The application process is lengthy and communication with the district office is sometimes confusing but once you're in the door, they're are plenty opportunities for advancement.
At Hacienda La Puente Teachers and staff work together. School has weekly meetings and they all follow a team plan in order to help the school be efficient. Working with the Special Ed Department was a great experience. Parents were usually part of their children's education and we had great report.
Dedicated to the educational growth of the community. Provides excellent support to all employees seeking advancement and education. Driven to enhance the experience of all students.
Nice place to substitute at. Sometimes it can be hard to find jobs due to too many substitutes and not enough teachers out. Most of the office assistants are nice to you.
I enjoyed working for the Hacienda La Puente Unified School District because of the children I had the honor and pleasure to work with. The only reason I had to leave was because as a single mother I was not able to make ends meet.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Not enough income
I love to work with the kids and parents on a daily. I learned to manage time properly and work under pressure here. My ability to multi-task has improved greatly. The hardest part of the job is maintaining focused when everyone is needed from you. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it's so rewarding to see the kids grow from your efforts.
Pros
I love working with the kids and parents and the help I provide.
Cons
Having to deal with unnecessary attitudes.
Dibble Adult School is the site where I worked is a very professional environment and productive. The management is excellent and office staff is very efficient.
They welcome opportunities and opinions and a respectful.
Pros
Many jobs opportunities
Cons
Contracts and few hrs.
What I enjoyed and appreciated the most working in this district was the collaborative teaching staff. The staff and department meetings were always very productive and kept me inspired to keep or modify what I have implemented in my classroom, whether that be academically or classroom management.
Lesson plans, conducting hand on experience for students, cooking labs, I was in charge of curriculum and maintaining and observing that students were learning from my instruction. I learn that in working around people that see you clear vision is what leads to success. I had a great management staff. Culture is beautiful and goes hand and hand with teaching and learning its a journey worth taking. Waiting for something to get fix. My students seeing success. I work their for 9 years.
Pros
Working with people that love the industry
Cons
Healthcare
I enoyed my short stay in this school district. It was great greeting the students as they exited the school bus, eager to start their day.
the schools Special Ed. programs is excellent I was impressed by their Autism set up. Management and co-workers were friendly and helpful
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Due to a parent's illness not able to spend the time I would of like to in this district
Overall the staff is friendly but there isn't much room for advancement and they try not to give you full time hours so they don't have to give you benefits
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Not enough work time for substitute teachers
Created a friendly work and learning environment for staff members as well as for the students. Provided guidance and help to all.
As an instructional aide in the HLPUSD, I realized that a part-time aide I was exposed to supplying teaching staff assistance as well as assisting special educational students with both physical and behavioral needs. After getting phone calls to learn of new assignments I was given throughout the district, eventually I maintained steady assignments at one particular site. This particular site serviced students plagued with emotional and behavioral problems, deemed unfit for regulatory public school sites. The students range in difficulty yet collectively displayed great interest in the positive assistance I provided. This welcomed embrace allowed me to see the wide this position was more enriching than I had expected.
Pros
Duality in job site and assignments.
Cons
Part-time salary, no benefits, not guaranteed work the following school terms.
I wish i could have stayed there longer, it is a great place to work for.
People are friendly and helpful the teachers are wounderful. A typical day is learning new skills everyday how to dig trenches and pipe fitting. management was helpful in all fields you can alway count on management.
Pros
learning daily
Cons
working and training in the heat.
I have the opportunity to instruct Adults that want to learn English and that are open to parenting ideas/advice from myself and from their peers. It is a rewarding place to work in.
Pros
Love the people I work with and for.
Cons
Education is unstable at this time and funding is always getting threatened.