HACIENDA MEXICAN RESTAURANTS Employee Reviews

Poor management and lack of structure make working here horrendous
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Michigan CityNovember 13, 2018
The Michigan City location received a large ammount of customers. However due to poor management and favoritism it really wore most of the employees out. If your liked from the managers for personal reasons you will have a awesome section and any days off you want. If your disliked for personal reasons you will always have a terrible section and you will be working over 40 hours garunteed. As a host I watched my management put new girls in sections where servers with senority should have been. Not only because they had been there longer but because they knew what they were doing. It’s really sad to see a place so fun be ruined by adults who can’t let go of high school tendencies.
Pros
Few of your Co-Workers and Les the manager are amazing!!
Cons
Majority of your co-workers and managers act as children
Busy and productive
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 15, 2018
It's quick paced and the people at the Hacienda I work at are a great team of people. Management is very helpful and easy to get along with as well. There's a lot to learn when you first start and it can seem overwhelming but if you don't know then just ask people are willing to help you. The hardest part of the job is when you first start trying to learn everything but after that you get used to it and it becomes much easier.
Server
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 5, 2018
Good friendly work enviroment. Work day's are long, crazy and stressful.I loved working at hacienda because of the work enviroment, team work and how the managemengt actually jumps in and helps with preparing the food, servering tables/busting tables, dishes, etc.
Pros
Free wet burritos or 1/2 off
Cons
Don't always get your breaks
Bad management
BOH (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INJanuary 10, 2018
Poor communication between managers. Do not know how they pass the health department checks. No gloves are worn by most employees. BOH is dirty, food temperatures are taken once a day, if then.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Workplace
very unorganized and stressful
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 11, 2017
although there are a lot of good people that work there, the environment there was always of competition an never of cooperation, which always ended up in chaos.
Hacienda was a fun, up-beat environment.
Server (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, INDecember 2, 2017
Hacienda provides a liveable wage, yet sometimes inconsistent. It can be an extremely stressful experience, due to the fast-pace nature of the job. Management is unprofessional, and lack structure and discipline.
Pros
Social peers, and fun
Cons
Poor management, highly stressful
Great Environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 17, 2017
The work environment was great, the general manager on the other hand was not to great. She always picked sides and played favorites. I had family that worked there and she didn't like that.
Pros
Great team, they will always be family.
Cons
bad general manager
Fast paced job, not for the thin skinned
Certified Trainer - Kitchen (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 13, 2017
Pay is good. Good raises, good benefits if you qualify with full time. Management lacking at times. Employeees lacking more so. Work is fast paced, messy, often stressful, but they do pay well
Hacienda is a fun place to work people get along for the most part.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 6, 2017
I have learned at Hacienda about being a host and being in carry out. Everyday isn't is the same one day it could be crazy busy another day we could be slow and I could be out in 4 hours or less.
Pros
Free wet burritos with every shift worked, everybody generally gets along and helps each other out
Cons
Sometimes short hours.
Easy money, unfair treatment.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INMay 30, 2017
Money is easy to make there but no matter your work ethic, you'll be treated as expendable. Even amongst opportunities to become a trainer, a manager in training, or higher, you are treated as if above and beyond work is expected or else. During an all store meeting, the employees were shown an application and told we were replaceable. Two years in a row.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Low employee morale
Hacienda
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INMay 3, 2017
I love everything about Hacienda! they have been my second home for the last almost 7 years. the management is amazing and so are my co-workers. We always have a blast at work whether we're busy or slow. One of the hardest things about the job is dealing with angry customers. The most enjoyable thing about my job is the people i get to meet, customer wise and employee wise.
Lifelong Friends
Server Trainer/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INApril 27, 2017
Made friends that are still in my every day life. Continue to dine at this establishment. During my time there the management had some issues to work out but have since overcome those and created a great working environment. Lovely place.
Great Company
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INApril 10, 2017
Overall great place to work, very team oriented!! Management has it ups and downs could use some work due to their lack of communication amongst each other.
Pros
Work around my school schedule
Cons
Lack of communication amongst management
My first job ever. I learned so much...overall i enjoyed my time
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, IN Goshen,INNovember 20, 2016
Over all a wonderful starter job for a high-school student. I learned a lot about myself and others at this job. It truly operates like family. I just had to leave because it is hard to move up and the money isn't the best.
Pros
Flexible schedules, discounts
Cons
Pay, communication
very upbeat and fun place to work. They taught me a lot.
Manager (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 28, 2016
Hacienda was a fun place to work. I started as a server and was able to cross train all departments and eventually move into management. They offer a great benefits package and there are many opportunities to learn and grow. The staff, management and corporate teams were always willing to jump in and help to assure the customers received the best experience possible. They are continually looking for new ways to improve procedures and staff performance.
I loved working there. i liked being a server.
server (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJanuary 10, 2016
I liked working nights because money was better. I actually learned a lot working there had a rough time in the beginning learning there computer and memorizing the menu. So I have came a long ways since when I started there. Most co-workers were team players and a few that was not. It would be stressful at times when real busy I would say was hardest part of that job. I loved working there im a people person. I loved waiting on customers and having fun with them.
Pros
just loved my job
Cons
schedule never the same
It was ok
Cook (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INSeptember 24, 2015
The job was more professional then most but still don't meet stander guild lines. No one wore gloves and food was temp once in a while not as often as it should.
Pros
There was none.
Cons
12 hour shifts
Excellent food and service.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 21, 2015
Everyone gets along and works hard. The managers notice the hard work and great benefits. There are a lot of management opportunities in this restaurant.
General Food Industry Work
Cocktail Waiter, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 8, 2015
Was a good place to work as long as far as customer base. General food industry issues are the only negatives to this company.
My second home and second family
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INAugust 21, 2015
I worked here 6 and half years and never saw myself leaving. Unfortunately I moved away and the travel was not working for myself and my two year old daughter. Miss them greatly. Best management I have had in all my work experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HACIENDA MEXICAN RESTAURANTS. Our community is ready to answer.

HACIENDA MEXICAN RESTAURANTS Reviews by Job Title