Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center

Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great coworkers, poor nurse retention incentives
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJFebruary 18, 2019
A good place to start as a newer nurse. Good training and support. However, poor ability to retain nurses. Little to no incentive for nurses to develop and grow within the company, or on a personal professional level.
Poor management
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJFebruary 11, 2019
Very poor management and leadership. The hospital has so much potential but there are so many missed opportunities. There are major changes often and they are not communicated. Hospital keeps selling and being naught by other places we never know who we belong to. Financially hospital favors input from high generating departments and leaders and minimizes others.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Pay, leadership, favoritism, they’ll send you home if not enough work
Funplace
Patient Transporter/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJFebruary 7, 2019
You're able to cooperate with other people on the job. Also you get to develop new skills such as Teamwork and rely ability. I was glad to work here because the place looks awesome and the lunches was delicious.
Pros
Free Lunches
A great place to work that fosters creativity and teamwork
Manager, Employment and Employee Relations (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJanuary 11, 2019
Being able to work autonomously and also in collaboration with other leaders. The ability to lead a fine group of individuals that were committed to the mission and success of the organization.
Worst place I ever worked.
Transitional Care Coordinator/Bundle Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJDecember 11, 2018
Benefits are minimal. Professionalism is lacking. Lack of respect from administrators. Not willing to advance personnel from within the hospital. Retention of employees was definitely not a priority. Very different culture in for-profit hospital.
ensemble
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 5, 2018
Someone who is trying to start or build a family, this is not the job for you. The hospital itself is ok but Ensemble is another entity of the hospital that is involved with the patient access portion. It is not for the 23-35 age group.
Bad Place to work
Staff ED and relief RN (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJSeptember 21, 2018
Unfortunately, this place cares more about the Metrics and numbers than it does proper pt care. I went to nursing school to take care of patient's, not numbers!!!!
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
secure, pleasant, friendly, place to work
Materials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJSeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at Mountainside the people were very friendly and helpful and my manager was very fair and always encouraged me to push my self to do more when I was unsure of myself and I always had all the tools I needed to do my job.
Definitely not the worst company
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 13, 2018
Pretty good company. Benefits are ok, if you ever get a full time position. Each floor has a different atmosphere. Most of the people there are nice. The nurses seem to be overwhelmed at times.
Pros
30 min breaks and high pay rate for per diem
Cons
Some managers dont fight for employees
Gaining experience while working with loving patients
TCU Dept, volunteer (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJSeptember 3, 2018
Being a volunteer at Mountainside Hospital on the Transitional Care Unit was an experience I will never forget.

I worked with great doctors and nurses who truly had a passion for what they do. That energy was contagious! I was able to learn and take in a lot of information which in turn allowed me to perform to the best of my ability.

I was able to help care for Geriatric patients with most of their requests to assure they had a pleasant stay.

The hardest part of my job was sometimes having to deal with a rude patient, but was able to move forward with my duties understanding that they were more than likely in pain, nervous, etc...

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help patients when they needed it the most and seeing how happy that made them.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Only volunteering once a week.
very good place to begin your mental health career
Licensed Clinician, Crisis Unit (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJAugust 4, 2018
I have learned a great deal while working at the hospital. There is always opportunity to learn. you are always supported in furthering your education / learning.
Pros
my immediately supervisor
Cons
lack of staff
Nice office and patients
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJuly 9, 2018
Management was pleasant and very helpful. Each day was full and never the same. I learned the EHR. The hardest part of the job was learning all the different aspects of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No lunch room
Nice company
second Cook (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 30, 2018
Nice people management in kitchen sucked. They fired me without cause because a manager didnt like me without counseling or anything.I would love to work there again
Pros
Free food
Cons
Breaks too short
It was contract per diem job
Pathologists' Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 15, 2018
Over all peers were very pleasant to work with histology techs are very cooperative and always available to help. plenty of large complicated cases.Pathologists ere very friendly Hardest things were to gross amputated limbs and are usually not grossed by the residents..
good working envitronmnet
Internal Medicine Residency (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJMarch 18, 2018
good working environment, would recommend ppl to work here, good leadership, nurses are a little overworked, a good environemnt for patient safety and leadership emphasizes it
Dental GPR summary
General Practice Residency (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJanuary 29, 2018
Excellent place to work! I've had a wonderful experience with the dental GPR program thus far. I have been able to work with a variety of patient populations and have enjoyed the guidance offered to me by my attendings.
Poor leadership, no progression
Administration (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJJanuary 18, 2018
A typical day at work requires you to do, not just your job, but other individuals jobs. Rather than rewarding those who work hard, and do their jobs well, it is more likely that the hard workers end up doing the jobs of those who are under qualified.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Poor leadership, declining benefits
Management doesn’t make it easy to keep morale up
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJDecember 6, 2017
I’m sure management has since changed since I’ve been there although some of those that made it difficult to be there for some are still there. However, the pay was very good and so were the benefits along with nice co-workers which would be the only real reason I would recommend this place granted I only worked in Dietary but I interacted with people from nearly, if not every department.
Pros
Free lunch, good benefits, good pay.
Cons
Management, working conditions, staff inconsistencies, lack of compromises to allow you to do your job and not multiple jobs
Yeah
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJNovember 22, 2017
Great place to work for a career in healthcare experience here isn’t like any company you worked for great hospitality and respect amongst your peers managers are extremely helpful
Pros
Great experience
great employees
Certified Patient Access Outpatient Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJNovember 10, 2017
This hospital is a great place to work at. They really go out of there way to show appreciation... Wish they had better opportunities for the employees.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
not many opportunities for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center Reviews by Location