Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center

Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center Employee Reviews for Volunteer

3.2Job Security & Advancement
Gaining experience while working with loving patients
TCU Dept, volunteer (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJSeptember 3, 2018
Being a volunteer at Mountainside Hospital on the Transitional Care Unit was an experience I will never forget.

I worked with great doctors and nurses who truly had a passion for what they do. That energy was contagious! I was able to learn and take in a lot of information which in turn allowed me to perform to the best of my ability.

I was able to help care for Geriatric patients with most of their requests to assure they had a pleasant stay.

The hardest part of my job was sometimes having to deal with a rude patient, but was able to move forward with my duties understanding that they were more than likely in pain, nervous, etc...

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help patients when they needed it the most and seeing how happy that made them.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Only volunteering once a week.
productive and enjoyable workplace.
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Mountainside, NJOctober 11, 2014
I really liked this hospital. You can consider it as a Boutique Design Hospital. but I found it really good. Especially because everything was there, and just enough, not too much. In a lot of hospital there is an abundance of everything, space, amenities, ... and then when you need something it takes a second before you can get it. Everything is there that a modern hospital needs and in the right amount, so that you don't feel like you are over-consuming, nor that you are left out of something. It was always busy there and I could understand why.
It has my recommendation.