Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center

Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center Culture reviews

A great place to work that fosters creativity and teamwork
Manager, Employment and Employee Relations (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJanuary 11, 2019
Being able to work autonomously and also in collaboration with other leaders. The ability to lead a fine group of individuals that were committed to the mission and success of the organization.
Worst place I ever worked.
Transitional Care Coordinator/Bundle Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJDecember 11, 2018
Benefits are minimal. Professionalism is lacking. Lack of respect from administrators. Not willing to advance personnel from within the hospital. Retention of employees was definitely not a priority. Very different culture in for-profit hospital.
secure, pleasant, friendly, place to work
Materials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJSeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at Mountainside the people were very friendly and helpful and my manager was very fair and always encouraged me to push my self to do more when I was unsure of myself and I always had all the tools I needed to do my job.
Nice office and patients
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJuly 9, 2018
Management was pleasant and very helpful. Each day was full and never the same. I learned the EHR. The hardest part of the job was learning all the different aspects of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No lunch room
It was contract per diem job
Pathologists' Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 15, 2018
Over all peers were very pleasant to work with histology techs are very cooperative and always available to help. plenty of large complicated cases.Pathologists ere very friendly Hardest things were to gross amputated limbs and are usually not grossed by the residents..
Professional Workplace
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJ 07042October 24, 2017
The atmosphere and environment our great. It is a great place to work with the benefits provided. The supervisors are fair and eager to improve working conditions.
Great place to work for ,exellent leadershep
Ob Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJuly 13, 2017
A typical day on the job consisted of doing vitals and assisting doctors and nurses with anything needing to be done. Through this, I learned great listening skills, professionalism, and the importance of patience. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I helped bring a new life into this world.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no cons
everyone at this facility is really nice and polite
ROI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJMay 26, 2017
Hackensack UMC Mountainside is a great place to work, everyone there is very friendly, polite and very helpful... i would recommend this facility.....
My experience working on UMC Hackensack Mountainside Hospital
CRCST (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJMarch 29, 2017
Nice environment to work, people are very dedicated ,reliable, Supervisor always treat people with respect, It was a very nice experience to work with them.
Dirty, Disgusting Hospital
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 10, 2016
it's just a job, no room for growth, seems like the culture is to not care about anything. Shows how much the CEO cares which is little to none. Compliance is an issue with me, but nobody else seems to care about compliance. Nobody does there job. You walk around and see everyone on their cell phone. Place is very dirty.
Well managed/organized team.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 9, 2016
After 4 years I have loved working at Mountainside being a part of the team. I am looking for a little more working hours and will continue at Mountainside.
excellent nursing enviroment
Staff RN on Med-Surg Floor (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJFebruary 6, 2016
convenient shifts, always help when needed from co-workers, excellent orientation and supported staff and managers
Pros
co-workers
Nice and quiet atmosphere
nurse (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJAugust 4, 2015
Friendly environment. The most enjoyable part of working at Mountainside are the co-workers. Working with good people help the day go by smoothly and makes the environment great
Great 3 day a week schedule
Telemetry Certified Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJAugust 4, 2015
I have learned how to be a great leader, how to delegate and to utilize time management. Co workers were phenomenal and I miss working with them.
It's challenging at times
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJJuly 5, 2015
Customer service, discharging patients, filing, faxing, I've learned to work under pressure due to the fact I work alone. Management is fair. My coworkers are great! The hardest part of the job is training others. The most enjoyable part is learning.
Comfortable working environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 13, 2015
This is a very rewarding position. I enjoy the student interaction and the diversity that each day brings with it. The faculty and staff are a pleasure to work with.