Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center

Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center Employee Reviews

Professional Workplace
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJ 07042October 24, 2017
The atmosphere and environment our great. It is a great place to work with the benefits provided. The supervisors are fair and eager to improve working conditions.
n/a
Financial Clearance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJOctober 4, 2017
The billing department has been outsourced atleast three times and now, we have poor management that made me want to change my career. We are placed in an office with no windows.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Horrible management and unfriendly!!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  NJSeptember 1, 2017
Poor poor management and very unfriendly. Very Disorganized poor communication skills nothing good to say about a company that treats there staff like they don't matter.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Parking a block away and poor management
my workplace is a great place to work
ADMINSITRATIVE ASSISTANT/BILLING (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 31, 2017
I love where I work and the people I work with, and I love handling any needs for our patients on a daily basis. but the pay is not enough for a single mother, and I wouldn't leave my job, I just need part time job to survive like everyone else.
hospital with a heart
Housekeeping Supervisor ES (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJAugust 13, 2017
Plenty of opportunities within the hospital. No competition between departments, really felt like we were all in it together. With the exception of most of the doctors...
Pros
unity
Cons
holiday were mandatory
provides great clinical experience
Crisis Counselor (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJJuly 28, 2017
Your day can be very fast paced and stressful, depending on the amount of, and acuity of patients. This atmosphere is a great place to gain clinical knowledge and experience. You are provided with opportunity to work with all populations within mental health field.
Pros
hours and supportive superiors
Cons
lack of advancement
Great place to work for ,exellent leadershep
Ob Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJuly 13, 2017
A typical day on the job consisted of doing vitals and assisting doctors and nurses with anything needing to be done. Through this, I learned great listening skills, professionalism, and the importance of patience. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I helped bring a new life into this world.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no cons
Great job
Patient Attendant / Overnight Shift (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJJune 30, 2017
hardest part id keeping up over night. however when you experience that real experience on keeping patients safe, you can over come that. i have overcame it because i have learned that patients are first in my job.
Biomed technician
Internship (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJJune 5, 2017
Assisting in biomedical equipment service and maintenance including
• Evaluating faulty equipment by conducting tests and communicating with health care providers.
• Troubleshooting for faults, communicating with vendors for parts and replacements.
• Performing equipment calibration and testing before decommissioning.
everyone at this facility is really nice and polite
ROI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJMay 26, 2017
Hackensack UMC Mountainside is a great place to work, everyone there is very friendly, polite and very helpful... i would recommend this facility.....
Facility was nice
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Long Branch, NJApril 22, 2017
Learned more instrumentation, machinery and how to be a part of a team.
Learned more anatomy and techniques for each procedure.
The mangement was fine and was run well.
Pros
Helping people feel better, knowing I helped someone feel better, making people smile, being needed
Cons
sick children, the feeling when you can't completely cure/save or help someone
program
Medical Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 21, 2017
Good residency program, allows you to grow and learn. Typical medical field with daily duties. EKG, spirometry, GYN, phlebotomy, critical thinking and education environment.
My experience working on UMC Hackensack Mountainside Hospital
CRCST (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJMarch 29, 2017
Nice environment to work, people are very dedicated ,reliable, Supervisor always treat people with respect, It was a very nice experience to work with them.
Terrible work place, very disorganized, unprofessional management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJanuary 2, 2017
Management has no idea how to handle or direct a team. This facility lacks professionalism and treats it’s employees horribly. Supervisors and management are abusive to the staff and get away with it because upper management protects them. Co-workers are rude and do not respect one another. Supervisors do not communicate with their staff as if they feel it’s not necessary for the staff members to know anything that is going on. There is no training and you are left to figure things out on your own with no help or support. It is a shame that these types of people are running a facility that takes care of sick people. Very sad. Run from this place it is TERRIBLE. You can do better!
Pros
Cons
everything
very happy
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  hackensack njDecember 13, 2016
very happy they showed me a lot about chemo and the daily task patients face on a daily living. they also are a very friendly environment and the patients are so appreciative to have you in there corner
day to day
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Glen Ridge, NJNovember 22, 2016
My job was a support tech , who delete with all hardware from the ralph lauren stores, all device, scanner , servers, desktop , laptop , ipads and printers, phones , kronos time clocks, ATM swipe machines, images from the point of sales systems .
Pros
great place to work
Cons
good place miss it
productive and busy workplace with a few good events
Dept. of Medicine Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJNovember 10, 2016
every department has its pros and cons but in our department management needed to be more in tune with the staff and co-workers needed to be better team workers. I did appreciate being able to set my own pace at work and prioritizing my workload.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch and picnic once a year
Cons
employee consideration needed when MD appt.
Enjoy working there
Handyman or cleaning (Former Employee) –  Mountclair njSeptember 21, 2016
It sgreat to be working at mountain side hospital it's fun and l love it.the doctors and nurses are so much fun to work with. I enjoy there companys
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Breaks or five minutes walk
great experience
Patient Attendant (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJuly 2, 2016
you have good day and bad days
if your not a doctor or nurse your limited to growth with this company
the best part of the job is going home after your shift ,do not request extra hours they work you like a dog .
Pros
Experience
Cons
Healthcare, Growth
A small healthcare institution that I felt put the needs of the organization above the needs of the employees.
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 17, 2016
The leadership at Hackensack UMC does not offer support to the employees. Certain positions are compensated by a yearly salary, not hourly, with no compensation for overtime. However, the facility is staffed with dedicated, hard working employees who never jeopardize the care of the patients. I have tremendous respect for my former co-workers throughout the hospital, regardless of their position. Every one from house-keeping to staff nurses and MD's, cared about the patients. I would feel confident receiving care if myself or any family member needed to be a patient there.
Pros
A small institution where the employees can rely on each other.
Cons
Very little positive support from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center Reviews by Location