Hackensack Meridian Health Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work, but pay needs to increase
Administration/Reception-Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJJuly 31, 2018
There is no typical day at the front desk. The people I work with work hard. Everyone is very supportive and kind. Management is supportive and respects my role as much as I respect them. Class acts in my facility. The staff at Meridian work together as a team.

I learned how to be extremely sensitive and discreet to others needs and to see beyond their behaviors. People act differently when under stressful situations and compassion is a valuable tool when working at Meridian.

I have been trained on how to manage people with diverse cultures in order to understand and respect all walks of life. I have learned how to speak and respond to people who may have life altering afflictions.

Meridian has taught me perspective and it has helped me beyond the front desk.
Pros
Paid time off/free dinner to employees working night shift/good managment
Cons
need merit pay or more substantial increase per hour
Work overload, patient to pca ratio does not exist
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJJanuary 15, 2019
My fellow team mates were incredible, i was a PCA for riverview medical center. As a team nurses and techs majority of the time worked hard together to provide each patient with the care they deserved to the best if our ability every shift i worked. But the management is beyond poor, staffing is atrocious. 1 PCA to 30 patients. Maybe 2. The work load was heavy leading to people being far more at risk to injury. The administration does not have your back. The compensation and benefits are the best part of the job. But the stress and anxiety make you question whether it is worth the pressure.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Management and administration do not look after thier employees.only thier ratings.
I have enjoyed working at Hackensack Meridian Bayshore Medical Center
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJNovember 8, 2018
Coordinating discharges is often a busy and complex tasks. It is at time stressful and rewarding. I have been at Bayshore for over 25 years and I have enjoyed it. The management is fair and just to its employees and the pay is equal to other similar organizations. The organization strives for great care to all its patients. The staff work hard but they work as team which is important in health care.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
stress of dealing with insurance companies
A great place for a CFY in speech
Student Clinician - Speech (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJAugust 29, 2018
My clinical supervisor in 2008 was extremely well-qualified. She was demanding but made sure that my experience helped to prepare me for a career in speech pathology. The hardest part of the job was long hours spent at the end of the day completing paperwork. The best part of the job was constant variety and improving my skills. It was a great experience. I loved working here!
Pros
constant variety, nice setting, improved my skills
Cons
procedures, paperwork
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Red Bank, NJJune 15, 2018
In the last 4 years rmc work place culture has changed a lot. So much staff turnover, which am surprise, because rmc has always been about nurse retention. A fact that has been ignored by Human Resources and Administration. Promotion are within family member and only a certain ethnic group of people get promoted, it does not matter whether you have the experience or not. Needless to say I love working for the company its my home, I have grown there personally and professionally and my goal has always been to carry their mission and vision at work and out in the community.
Pros
Continuing education oriented
Cons
Nepotism
I feel that my time at Hackensack was a very fulfilling chapter in my working career.
CLERICAL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJSeptember 3, 2018
The culture of the Emergency department was very fast paced. The people I worked with were incredible, however I did make the decision to change my place of work due to the nature of the hours that come with a 24/7 facility.
Pros
Collaborative Staff, Fast Paced, Educational
Cons
Long Hours, Short Breaks
Not a healthy environment.
Clinical Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJAugust 8, 2018
Worst manegment , and worst place to work in , alot of politics ,no place to grow. You can stay in the same job for ten years and get a raise of 25 cents.
stressful
NCMA/Medical Receptionist/EMR Trainer (Current Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJOctober 4, 2018
there is too much work to be done for the amount of employees in one office, no help or cover very under staffed and stressful. Management all stick together and think about quota instead of health and patients
benefits
Cons
short breaks, under staffed, no coverage, low income
Flexible scheduling
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJNovember 4, 2018
I learned a lot about new treatments and modalities here. There is always a resource person or persons to assist with any questions about policies, clinical guidelines, and just about anything asked. there is a diverse population of staff and patients which is conducive to learning about different cultures. The most difficult part of the job is after becoming close to so many wonderful patients, there is not always the outcome you wish to see. The most enjoyable part of this job is the success stories and knowing the providers and other staff try their very best to have the best outcomes.
Pros
Excellent learning opportunities
Cons
Parking
A good stepping off place to better opportunities
Registered Nurse Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJune 21, 2018
I learned a great deal and I reaped what I could from working for this organization, but you reach a point when too many roadblocks prevent any career growth. The upper Executive management team appears to have a plan for growth and morale boosting ideas, but it gets lost in translation at the mid-management and hospital level. Unit managers do not support their teams enough. Truly a toxic work environment.
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
Unit management and middle management beat down their employees
Fast-paced and supportive work enviroment
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJOctober 7, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of data-entry, guest-relations, and working with managers to bring in admissions. I verified insurance to make sure the patient had their stay covered.
Pros
Benefits, work culture
Cons
Short breaks
Busy office
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2018
Small, busy office with long hours and tight work space. Must be a fast learner and be able to work under pressure. Knowledgeable staff made cross-training possible. Poor communication amongst management.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks
Low morale
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJApril 29, 2018
daily work day can be filled with bureaucratic wrangling to accomplish a task.

Very little innovation and although required annual training, practical application missing.

Some middle management operates disingenuously.

Workplace culture has a facade of positive courtesy, but the undercurrent is filled with negative back biting and gossip.

Most enjoyable part of the job, is the possible potential that some managers can have a greater influence that effects the culture and inspires the entire organization.
Pros
Job
Cons
lack of technological innovation and a resistance to change
Customer Relations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJuly 12, 2018
Really busy on the job. Management is approachable and helpful. Pay is low and benefits are average. The people make the job enjoyable. Skilled workers who worked many years there are helpful mentors.
Pros
Godd commodity at Hackensack
Cons
Benefits are terrible and low pay.
Good place tonwork
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bricktown, NJJuly 27, 2018
Good place to work, a lot of great benefits, affordable benefits, yearly reviews with a raise in pay, would like more job advancement opportunities, good working hours
Good team support and professional management
Home Infuiosn Rn (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJSeptember 26, 2018
Infusion at home team that admits patients for continued Antibiotics,, Biologics, Chemotherapy. We had autonomy to care for the patients in their home and infusion centers according to policy with the assistance from their MD’s. We had good communication between team members if help was required and our managers were always available.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Marketing Specialist
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJuly 16, 2018
It's a great company, but they do not pay well. Unless, of course, you are high up or in management. I absolutely love working here, but my only complaint is the compensation for the work that I do.
Productive place to work
Applications Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJSeptember 18, 2018
Opportunities for growth within the organization. Employees have the ability to work together as a team and learn from each other. I would highly recommend that a professional seeking a career in healthcare apply to work at HMH.
Pros
Teleworking days
severe understaffed
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJMay 28, 2018
Severe understaffed almost every shift, nursing management doesn't care to staff shift properly, nurses come and go, often they start looking for another job while still on orientation! Yes they offer you good benefits however it's not cheap.
benefits
Cons
low pay, working short ALMOST ALL THE TIME, poor management
Review
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJDecember 11, 2018
No room for advancement with certain positions. If you want to advance within certain positions you have to go back to school and gain a higher level of education.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hackensack Meridian Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight