Hackensack Meridian Health Employee Reviews

Very disappointed
Clinical Staff (Former Employee) –  Former Meridian HealthApril 6, 2018
Co-workers make this an unnecessarily difficult work environment. Hostility is tolerated by management even when complaints are made to management and HR.
Benefits
Cons
Bullying
Very low pay for nursing
LPN (Former Employee) –  Ocean Grove, NJMarch 24, 2018
From what I experienced working at Hackensack Merdian was the employees are not valued. Yes they give you jackets, lunch boxes and all that other silly stuff (great marketing) but what about the pay??? The pay for nursing is extremely low compared to the other organizations around and the benefits aren’t really that good either. There is no pay increase for not taking the benefits. They give you a lot of PTO time but good luck trying to use it, you can’t. And forget about trying to speak from someone from HR they NEVER call back. Working at Hackensack Merdian has really opened my eyes. Their buying out everything so then you won’t have a choice but to take one of there low paying jobs. This company is no better than Walmart.
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Pay
Productive & fun place to work
Trauma Registrar (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 23, 2018
This company is a great place to work. Managment values each employee and praises hard work. My experience with this organization has been a great one.
This place caused my depression
Psa (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 15, 2018
Few thing make sure you know the hours and day you work if not hackensack hospital will not pay you correctly they will try you and keep your money despite the clock ins.or expect to receive a late check due to their mistakes. People ,especially the nurses and CNA will make you feel your job title if your a garbage picker guess what the nurses will treat you so disgustingly horrible you would rather just not be acknowledge but if your more than a garbage picker you'll have all the nurses sucking your hoo ha . The lack of respect people have here is beyond me oh and I almost forgot to mention this hospital is full of tricks.
Pros
Hours are good
Cons
The people here are horrible grown up bullies
Good Place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 2, 2018
Hackensack is a good place to work and advance healthcare career. You will work hard but learn a lot and touch many lives along the way. This ever-growing organization prides itself on being in the upper tiers of healthcare and works hard to continually move forward in the changing healthcare environment
Challenging environment working with consummate professionals.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 21, 2018
Every encounter in this environment is an opportunity to make a difference. That is what makes the stress bearable. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve.
educational
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJFebruary 19, 2018
Working for a major hospital is a learning and educational experance. You are constant learning something new. Management is hands on and care about there employees. We are diverse group people. Work for this company is a plesure and educational.
never boring
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bricktown, NJFebruary 18, 2018
Nice fellow employees
Organized Depts
I was never given a set schedule
It is a very positive place to be everyone is friendly and greets eachother with a smile.
Pros
helping others
Cons
communication lacks
Excellent company to work for
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJFebruary 2, 2018
The workplace culture is amazing because there is always an opportunity for growth and learning. I enjoyed the most the fast paced environment of the hospital.
Pros
Excellent benefits and multiple opportunities for growth
Cons
Nothing!
Patient Observer is the Most Difficult Job Imaginable
Patient Observer (Former Employee) –  EverywhereJanuary 30, 2018
The PO is exposed to contagions as well as mental and physical abuse with little or no support from management.

The PO is considered little more than a warm body and is treated as such, being referred to as "Sitters" when in fact they rarely sit. They are responsible for preventing the escape and ensuring the safety of every conceivable type of combative and violent patient, from criminal to heroin withdrawal to psych lockdown to last stage Alzheimer's. They are beaten, battered and bruised with no appreciation. None.

Without your fellow PO's you would be completely alone. That is, when you see one. Since you work alone, the only time you see one of you is when you are handing off your patient. Otherwise, you are isolated.

The worst job for the worst company ever.
Pros
None.
Cons
Good place to work coworkers are friendly
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJJanuary 30, 2018
Hackensack Meridian is a good place to work if you don't want to really Advance or have competitive pay .The benefits are excellent at Hackensack Meridian. I'm not in a rush to get another job but if something better comes along I would take it pay wise and if they had good benefits as well
Pros
Prescriptions through the hospital are 90% free., Good health benefits
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement there tends to be some favoritism in units
worst place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 25, 2018
The worst place to work, management is digusting, a lot of politics, favoritism, superiority, and racism. Hostile work environment, HR no confidence.
Pros
Cons
everything
Horrible horrible place to work!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bricktown, NJJanuary 20, 2018
Watch your back, snakes everywhere! Management sucked just as much as the administration. They don’t offer bonuses if you risk your life driving in a blizzard and will lay you off along with other with out any explanation. I loved my residents but hated the co-workers. Horrible place to work. Management does not care about the employees. I got scabies from working there and they sent me home for a week with out pay.... horrible
Extremely political work environment, nepotism
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Entire 3.5 million square feetJanuary 20, 2018
Excellence not encouraged or supported. It's a keep your mouth shut our else situation
Three weeks vacation after five years. First two days of illness are charged to your personal days off. A doctor's note is mandatory after third day out. Always short staffed resulting in denied personal days off. Working through your breaks is common and encouraged. Medical benefits fees and co pays increased five years in a row.
Main OR's had leaking sewage pipe above for years, drop ceiling gap never cleaned and sanitised. Buildings medical plaza and women's and children better. Pneumatic tubes used for com's and blood are never cleaned and are used thousands of time each day which spread germs throughout the campus. Dirty beds and stretchers are recycled into service daily.
Paying ten dollars an hour above other employers keeps mouth shut and union organising out.
If you go into the place with a plan to move on you can do it for a few years with focus and determination.
Good luck
Pros
Better than average pay
Cons
Combat politics, not a happy place to work, Ptsd.
MRI tech
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  North BergJanuary 18, 2018
I have to say I enjoyed working with 2 if the best co workers around. They truly know the meaning of team work. Management was also very good in the Radiology Dept. Only thing that doesn’t make this the best place is the low salaries.
Pros
Co workers and staff
Cons
Low salaries
Overall a good workplace
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bricktown, NJJanuary 13, 2018
It has its quirks but it is an overall good workplace. With my job title there isn't much advancement though as the Hospital really revolves around RN's. If I had the desire to remain in the health field and go to school they do have some good programs to assist you in obtaining a relevant degree. I would recommend taking an entry level job here if you are considering becoming an RN, MD, or a Radiology Technician.
Challenging
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakhurst, NJJanuary 5, 2018
Extremely challenging. Need to work weekends to catch up on all work. Best part of job teamwork with other managers and team members, including physicians.
Pros
Free generics from hospital, great healthcare benefits
Cons
like all places, there are those that are not so nice.
productive and a great learning experience
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJDecember 11, 2017
I learned from my team members and grew through the collaborative and supportive work environment. I would look forward to going to work because I enjoyed the work environment that the manager created.
Pros
complimentary lunch, supportive team members
Cons
career opportunity for EMT was not available
What I learned at Hackensack
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJDecember 4, 2017
Hackensack Hospital is the third hospital that I have worked for and the only thing that I have learned is what not to do.
Hackensack Hospital pays very good, and this makes it hard to leave, but there is no management to control how IT works across the institution.
Pros
Salary
Cons
IT management
Well rounded
Practice Manger (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 7, 2017
Good work place, good benefits, matched 401k . Upper management is very helpful. Room to grow within the company. One bad thing never appriciated for going above and beyond.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hackensack Meridian Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight