Hackensack Meridian Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun
RN (Former Employee) –  Neptune, NJAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work. They really care for their employees. Very positive workplace culture. Many hospitals in the system to work for. Would work here again.
I'm per diem
Per Diem Therapist (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJAugust 6, 2018
I continue to enjoy my employment here. I have been employed by this company for 5 years. I have assisted in training and service addition and integration.
Pros
convenient
Great Place to Work, but pay needs to increase
Administration/Reception-Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJJuly 31, 2018
There is no typical day at the front desk. The people I work with work hard. Everyone is very supportive and kind. Management is supportive and respects my role as much as I respect them. Class acts in my facility. The staff at Meridian work together as a team.

I learned how to be extremely sensitive and discreet to others needs and to see beyond their behaviors. People act differently when under stressful situations and compassion is a valuable tool when working at Meridian.

I have been trained on how to manage people with diverse cultures in order to understand and respect all walks of life. I have learned how to speak and respond to people who may have life altering afflictions.

Meridian has taught me perspective and it has helped me beyond the front desk.
Pros
Paid time off/free dinner to employees working night shift/good managment
Cons
need merit pay or more substantial increase per hour
Good place tonwork
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bricktown, NJJuly 27, 2018
Good place to work, a lot of great benefits, affordable benefits, yearly reviews with a raise in pay, would like more job advancement opportunities, good working hours
great experience
Diagnostics Imaging Aide (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJJuly 23, 2018
Working at Hackensack Meridian was an awesome experience and I would highly recommend the company for employment opportunities.
In addition, the management team is very interested in making sure that you have all the tools necessary to succeed.
Pros
management team
amazing co workers
Lab Clerk/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 18, 2018
it's rewarding to know you're saving life's each day, you don't know what's expected.
hours are flexible
a lot of growth opportunities.
tuition reimbursement
Marketing Specialist
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJuly 16, 2018
It's a great company, but they do not pay well. Unless, of course, you are high up or in management. I absolutely love working here, but my only complaint is the compensation for the work that I do.
I loved working at the hosptial
Pediatric Specialty Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 12, 2018
It was a great experience. I worked for pediatric social work department and I was very sad I had to relocate. I wish I can take the hospital to me in Florida. I miss all my colleagues.
Good start
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wall, NJJune 28, 2018
Working in a sub acute rehab facility is a good experience but your patient load is heavy and the salary leaves much to be desired. Health benefits are good.
Job work place
Or service tech (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJune 22, 2018
Good Good work place pay isn't what it should be for the work that has to be done snd management is always changing the best part it helpings the paitent and talking to them and there family's and making sure there comfortable before there loved ones go in for surgery's
Pros
Helping patient
Cons
Not enough money
A good stepping off place to better opportunities
Registered Nurse Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJune 21, 2018
I learned a great deal and I reaped what I could from working for this organization, but you reach a point when too many roadblocks prevent any career growth. The upper Executive management team appears to have a plan for growth and morale boosting ideas, but it gets lost in translation at the mid-management and hospital level. Unit managers do not support their teams enough. Truly a toxic work environment.
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
Unit management and middle management beat down their employees
Current building is unlike other buildings within the company
Recreation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJune 17, 2018
Bayshore healthcare center falls very short of the overall mission of HMH. After working in another facility within the company, this building is very sad and disappointing.
Pros
The residents
Cons
The staff
A Great Place To Work
Outcomes Analyst III - Outcomes Measurement (Current Employee) –  Red Bank, NJJune 13, 2018
Hackensack Meridian is a great place to work! They are a supportive organization. Great care is given to our patients. Team members are supportive.
severe understaffed
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJMay 28, 2018
Severe understaffed almost every shift, nursing management doesn't care to staff shift properly, nurses come and go, often they start looking for another job while still on orientation! Yes they offer you good benefits however it's not cheap.
benefits
Cons
low pay, working short ALMOST ALL THE TIME, poor management
Good Workplace
IT Operations Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJMay 28, 2018
Overall experience was satisfactory. It is a decently rate for the location. I was hired part time > 16 hours, and have been working 40+ hour weeks without benefits for 8+ months. They said that I would eventually be hired full-time, but HR has avoided the situation for months.
Very disappointed
Clinical Staff (Former Employee) –  Former Meridian HealthApril 6, 2018
Co-workers make this an unnecessarily difficult work environment. Hostility is tolerated by management even when complaints are made to management and HR.
Benefits
Cons
Bullying
Very low pay for nursing
LPN (Former Employee) –  Ocean Grove, NJMarch 24, 2018
From what I experienced working at Hackensack Merdian was the employees are not valued. Yes they give you jackets, lunch boxes and all that other silly stuff (great marketing) but what about the pay??? The pay for nursing is extremely low compared to the other organizations around and the benefits aren’t really that good either. There is no pay increase for not taking the benefits. They give you a lot of PTO time but good luck trying to use it, you can’t. And forget about trying to speak from someone from HR they NEVER call back. Working at Hackensack Merdian has really opened my eyes. Their buying out everything so then you won’t have a choice but to take one of there low paying jobs. This company is no better than Walmart.
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Pay
Productive & fun place to work
Trauma Registrar (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 23, 2018
This company is a great place to work. Managment values each employee and praises hard work. My experience with this organization has been a great one.
This place caused my depression
Psa (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 15, 2018
Few thing make sure you know the hours and day you work if not hackensack hospital will not pay you correctly they will try you and keep your money despite the clock ins.or expect to receive a late check due to their mistakes. People ,especially the nurses and CNA will make you feel your job title if your a garbage picker guess what the nurses will treat you so disgustingly horrible you would rather just not be acknowledge but if your more than a garbage picker you'll have all the nurses sucking your hoo ha . The lack of respect people have here is beyond me oh and I almost forgot to mention this hospital is full of tricks.
Pros
Hours are good
Cons
The people here are horrible grown up bullies
Hackensack Meridian Health
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJMarch 7, 2018
Great benefits and nice facilities. No work life balance despite the healthcare touting that. People are willing to do great things given the opportunity by management.
Pros
Nice facilities
Cons
No work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hackensack Meridian Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight