Hackensack Meridian Health Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Applications Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJSeptember 18, 2018
Opportunities for growth within the organization. Employees have the ability to work together as a team and learn from each other. I would highly recommend that a professional seeking a career in healthcare apply to work at HMH.
Pros
Teleworking days
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJSeptember 10, 2018
Overall I love working for HMH. It is a fun place to work and I work hand in hand with many great people. I value the opportunity to learn and grow. They offer many great programs to enhance your career.
I feel that my time at Hackensack was a very fulfilling chapter in my working career.
CLERICAL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJSeptember 3, 2018
The culture of the Emergency department was very fast paced. The people I worked with were incredible, however I did make the decision to change my place of work due to the nature of the hours that come with a 24/7 facility.
Pros
Collaborative Staff, Fast Paced, Educational
Cons
Long Hours, Short Breaks
Varying work days
Patient Observer (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJAugust 14, 2018
I enjoyed my job, just not the pay. I had great hours, just wasn't always relieved on time. Had to fight for lunch breaks. I sat with patients doing one to one observation, ensuring the safety of the patient as well as others around the patient.
Fun
RN (Former Employee) –  Neptune, NJAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work. They really care for their employees. Very positive workplace culture. Many hospitals in the system to work for. Would work here again.
I'm per diem
Per Diem Therapist (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJAugust 6, 2018
I continue to enjoy my employment here. I have been employed by this company for 5 years. I have assisted in training and service addition and integration.
Pros
convenient
Great Place to Work, but pay needs to increase
Administration/Reception-Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJJuly 31, 2018
There is no typical day at the front desk. The people I work with work hard. Everyone is very supportive and kind. Management is supportive and respects my role as much as I respect them. Class acts in my facility. The staff at Meridian work together as a team.

I learned how to be extremely sensitive and discreet to others needs and to see beyond their behaviors. People act differently when under stressful situations and compassion is a valuable tool when working at Meridian.

I have been trained on how to manage people with diverse cultures in order to understand and respect all walks of life. I have learned how to speak and respond to people who may have life altering afflictions.

Meridian has taught me perspective and it has helped me beyond the front desk.
Pros
Paid time off/free dinner to employees working night shift/good managment
Cons
need merit pay or more substantial increase per hour
Good place tonwork
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bricktown, NJJuly 27, 2018
Good place to work, a lot of great benefits, affordable benefits, yearly reviews with a raise in pay, would like more job advancement opportunities, good working hours
great experience
Diagnostics Imaging Aide (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJJuly 23, 2018
Working at Hackensack Meridian was an awesome experience and I would highly recommend the company for employment opportunities.
In addition, the management team is very interested in making sure that you have all the tools necessary to succeed.
Pros
management team
amazing co workers
Lab Clerk/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 18, 2018
it's rewarding to know you're saving life's each day, you don't know what's expected.
hours are flexible
a lot of growth opportunities.
tuition reimbursement
Marketing Specialist
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJuly 16, 2018
It's a great company, but they do not pay well. Unless, of course, you are high up or in management. I absolutely love working here, but my only complaint is the compensation for the work that I do.
I loved working at the hosptial
Pediatric Specialty Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 12, 2018
It was a great experience. I worked for pediatric social work department and I was very sad I had to relocate. I wish I can take the hospital to me in Florida. I miss all my colleagues.
Good start
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wall, NJJune 28, 2018
Working in a sub acute rehab facility is a good experience but your patient load is heavy and the salary leaves much to be desired. Health benefits are good.
Job work place
Or service tech (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJune 22, 2018
Good Good work place pay isn't what it should be for the work that has to be done snd management is always changing the best part it helpings the paitent and talking to them and there family's and making sure there comfortable before there loved ones go in for surgery's
Pros
Helping patient
Cons
Not enough money
A good stepping off place to better opportunities
Registered Nurse Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJune 21, 2018
I learned a great deal and I reaped what I could from working for this organization, but you reach a point when too many roadblocks prevent any career growth. The upper Executive management team appears to have a plan for growth and morale boosting ideas, but it gets lost in translation at the mid-management and hospital level. Unit managers do not support their teams enough. Truly a toxic work environment.
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
Unit management and middle management beat down their employees
Current building is unlike other buildings within the company
Recreation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJune 17, 2018
Bayshore healthcare center falls very short of the overall mission of HMH. After working in another facility within the company, this building is very sad and disappointing.
Pros
The residents
Cons
The staff
A Great Place To Work
Outcomes Analyst III - Outcomes Measurement (Current Employee) –  Red Bank, NJJune 13, 2018
Hackensack Meridian is a great place to work! They are a supportive organization. Great care is given to our patients. Team members are supportive.
severe understaffed
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJMay 28, 2018
Severe understaffed almost every shift, nursing management doesn't care to staff shift properly, nurses come and go, often they start looking for another job while still on orientation! Yes they offer you good benefits however it's not cheap.
benefits
Cons
low pay, working short ALMOST ALL THE TIME, poor management
Good Workplace
IT Operations Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJMay 28, 2018
Overall experience was satisfactory. It is a decently rate for the location. I was hired part time > 16 hours, and have been working 40+ hour weeks without benefits for 8+ months. They said that I would eventually be hired full-time, but HR has avoided the situation for months.
Very disappointed
Clinical Staff (Former Employee) –  Former Meridian HealthApril 6, 2018
Co-workers make this an unnecessarily difficult work environment. Hostility is tolerated by management even when complaints are made to management and HR.
Benefits
Cons
Bullying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hackensack Meridian Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight