Hackensack Meridian Health
71Above average
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Hackensack Meridian Health Employee Reviews

United States567 reviews
The job was a great experience, I was challenged from the start and enjoyed working with and helping there employees get past the hardships of bringing in an EMR system however Epic is easy to learn and understand to work with.
nice place to work. I enjoy coming to work here. it is sometimes unorganized with the schedule due to such a high census at all times. Staffing most definitely needs to be adjusted
Over these past few years I have loved working for Hackensack Meridian Health. There’s always room for growth within the company and I have gained a lot of knowledge and skills working for this company.
Pros
Flexible hours, great benefits, growth and learning new skills.
no one at Hackensack is on the same page, no communication with any other department. HMH domes listen to what the employees want, they just continue overwork and underpay
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
I have always enjoyed working for meridian and feel very supported. I enjoy coming to work and trust the people I work with to help me. Management always listens to my concerns and attempts to assist in anything I might need.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
This company is a strictly business , they call patients their customers, it has a culture of micromanaging their employees, never value them , they are just a number for them because they are replaceable.
Unless your a nurse or in a select position during covid-19 you are not valued. Upper management doesn’t feel a need to pay anyone else hazard pay or listen to their case about how they are a front line worker. Exposing ourselves daily, threatened that if we work from home or fail to do our job we could be terminated. Exposing ourselves daily to positive covid-19 patients. Ultimately effecting our own health health and families health. We don’t want a thank you or a sign! This needs to stop!
-Enjoyable place to work and ability to gain valuable healthcare experience
-Extremely knowledgable and devoted professionals from top to bottom

-Generous benefit packages (insurance, PTO, ancillary, etc.)

-Strong structure in place for clinical and clerical processes and producers

-Fast paced, no two days the same, and good work/life balance

-Underwhelming offering rates to applicants
Pros
Strong feeling of unity, emphasis of change management, and good work/life balance
Cons
At times, lack of communication from upper management
I love working at JFK hospital, they are mostly kind people here. The diversity really makes me feel at home and on my unit, the manager make it as one of the priority to stop nurse bullying, so it made a big impact for the new nurses, they are more confident and feel welcomed. I highly recommend working at JFK hospital. I have worked at other places and I really love working here.
I worked for the Shrewsbury location nursing and rehab. Let me just start out saying that I was always miserable going into work. Only thing that was making me continue going was the poor elderly their that were being neglected. Understaff, underpaid, and the management is terrible. Don’t even attempt asking for a day off and if you call out just wait to get dirty looks the next day. Hackensack wants you to prioritize the company more than your own health and life.
Great culture great place to work Nice people
managers are nice. Enjoy going to work every day

I enoy coming to work everyday.

thank you.

my day is smooth
JFK Medical Center (HMH) was literally the worst place I have ever worked. I am an RN with a lot of experience and have worked in other hospitals/facilities, so I do have a basis of comparison. JFK Medical Center (HMH) treats the nurses poorly. No matter what you do, there is little to no appreciation and the workload can be overwhelming at times. This creates a toxic and unhealthy work environment. I would not recommend working at this hospital.
Very much innovative and great involved with employees and client. Work environment teaches you a lot daily especially on how to better oneself. Others should learn from them
Working at Hackensack Meridian Health has been a remarkable experience for me due to how enabling the staffs have treated and responded to my skills. Providing me with essential tools to succeed has been the hallmark of my healthcare career.
Not hazard pay and bonus,not apreciacion from management and administration very stressful environment they care more about travel nurses and aides they don't care about their permanent staff
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Not Hazard pay and bonus
estoy muy agradecida de pertenecer a esta empresa .
Pros
Excelente 👍❤
Cons
muy excelente
In general this company can give you a lot of opportunities and benefits that you.
In most cases that could be your first job in medical career. Good luck with applying.
Great company to work for but as other companies and the field in general can be challenging at times. Love what you do & it won't feel like work!
Resident daily care and the joy of putting smiles on faces.
You start work at breakneck speed. There would be 10-40 people deep in triage waiting for an exam room in the emergency department. You hone your critical skills quickly. You learn to prioritize care. Management has a lackadaisical attitude about the safety, tremendous workload and staffing issues everyday. I stay to work because of the team members who are hard working, young and eager to learn. I am one of the senior staff and becomes the teacher and resource person. I enjoy the camaraderie among the staff. it's like a dysfunctional family.
Excellent team to work for, management was excellent. Work-life balance was great, excellent benefits. Everyone works as a team, high morale within the hospital. They take care of their employees
Management in Homecare is not trustworthy or professional. There words don’t match their actions and morale continues to be low. Pay is not good. Raises are ridiculous!! Benefits are very good and there are a lot of good people in the company that do care about team members.
Pros
Above
Cons
Above
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hackensack Meridian Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight