Hackensack UMC Mountainside Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible management and unfriendly!!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  NJSeptember 1, 2017
Poor poor management and very unfriendly. Very Disorganized poor communication skills nothing good to say about a company that treats there staff like they don't matter.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Parking a block away and poor management
Great place to work for ,exellent leadershep
Ob Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJuly 13, 2017
A typical day on the job consisted of doing vitals and assisting doctors and nurses with anything needing to be done. Through this, I learned great listening skills, professionalism, and the importance of patience. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I helped bring a new life into this world.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no cons
Facility was nice
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Long Branch, NJApril 22, 2017
Learned more instrumentation, machinery and how to be a part of a team.
Learned more anatomy and techniques for each procedure.
The mangement was fine and was run well.
Pros
Helping people feel better, knowing I helped someone feel better, making people smile, being needed
Cons
sick children, the feeling when you can't completely cure/save or help someone
Terrible work place, very disorganized, unprofessional management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJanuary 2, 2017
Management has no idea how to handle or direct a team. This facility lacks professionalism and treats it’s employees horribly. Supervisors and management are abusive to the staff and get away with it because upper management protects them. Co-workers are rude and do not respect one another. Supervisors do not communicate with their staff as if they feel it’s not necessary for the staff members to know anything that is going on. There is no training and you are left to figure things out on your own with no help or support. It is a shame that these types of people are running a facility that takes care of sick people. Very sad. Run from this place it is TERRIBLE. You can do better!
Pros
Cons
everything
Enjoy working there
Handyman or cleaning (Former Employee) –  Mountclair njSeptember 21, 2016
It sgreat to be working at mountain side hospital it's fun and l love it.the doctors and nurses are so much fun to work with. I enjoy there companys
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Breaks or five minutes walk
great experience
Patient Attendant (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJuly 2, 2016
you have good day and bad days
if your not a doctor or nurse your limited to growth with this company
the best part of the job is going home after your shift ,do not request extra hours they work you like a dog .
Pros
Experience
Cons
Healthcare, Growth
A small healthcare institution that I felt put the needs of the organization above the needs of the employees.
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 17, 2016
The leadership at Hackensack UMC does not offer support to the employees. Certain positions are compensated by a yearly salary, not hourly, with no compensation for overtime. However, the facility is staffed with dedicated, hard working employees who never jeopardize the care of the patients. I have tremendous respect for my former co-workers throughout the hospital, regardless of their position. Every one from house-keeping to staff nurses and MD's, cared about the patients. I would feel confident receiving care if myself or any family member needed to be a patient there.
Pros
A small institution where the employees can rely on each other.
Cons
Very little positive support from management
Well managed/organized team.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 9, 2016
After 4 years I have loved working at Mountainside being a part of the team. I am looking for a little more working hours and will continue at Mountainside.
Great work environment
Surgical Nursing/ Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJune 24, 2014
Work as medical surgical nurse and clinical instructor. Hospital is well organized and all the supplies are available to perform effectively.
Pros
Great opportunity to learn
Cons
Hardly any time to buy coffee and sit and enjoy