Hackensack University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work!!
L & D Obstetrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJAugust 13, 2018
Loved my job... left because I relocated out of state. HUMC WAS AN EXCELLent place to work. We were a very tight knit family. Your job always rotated so you were never stuck in the same job day in and day out!!
Pros
Great benefits package
Cons
Place with a lot of politics not a healthy environment.
Clinical Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJAugust 8, 2018
No job security , not a lot of space to grow, you have to know someone to grow otherwise you stay in the same job for next ten yers.
A lot of politics.
great place to work unless you get a medical condition
Phlebotomist /Emergency Trauma Technician (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJAugust 7, 2018
never late always on time..worked extra never a problem..HOWEVER. you get sick and need surgery the benefits are great but upon return a "lighter" place to would could have prolonged my career there
The Faculty Practice Department
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJAugust 1, 2018
I worked at Hackensack for 3 years in the Faculty Practice department. Management was very unethical and condescending towards its employees. I would not recommend working for this department at the hospital. Management is very good at throwing their staff under the bus when faced with pressure from higher executives from other departments. Big advice when faced with decisions outside your job scope get them in writing.
Pros
Discounts and employee events
Cons
Unethical activities
Producative, Fun, and a great learning experience
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 27, 2018
Do Vitals signs as soon after you receive your report. Am and Pm care. Patient watch, as well doing EKGs and working in a fast past. It's very unpredictable working on a psychiatric unit.
Pros
Great Pay, Great oppurtuinty and moving up
Cons
Hard to say
Close location
SCHEDULING COORDINATOR/ MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 26, 2018
This hospital was very close to my home. The hours were very good and very clean. The one thing that is a deal breaker is the parking lot situation. The fact that we had to park at another parking and then shuttle back to the hospital was a big waste of time.
Can't wait to work here
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 20, 2018
Was a student nurse on the orthopedic unit during my first semester of nursing and I can't wait to have another rotation there. The nurses are helpful as well as the assistants. I will admit not all are as friendly and welcoming, but most are and you automatically feel a sense of community. As a student, this is a great teaching hospital and it's shown because the nurses are always willing to show you new tricks!
I've always wanted to work here since I was little and having my clinical rotation here only proved to me how much more I want to be there.
Pros
Welcoming staff, easy access to supplies.
Cons
The not so welcoming staff
room to grow
Registered Nurse, Level II (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 15, 2018
A very busy and demanding work environment, great ethics, cohesive, and rewarding. Management listens to their workers, and makes appropriate changes when needed.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
extremely busy work environment
Very good working place
Unit Coordinator/Unit Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 8, 2018
I have almost 20 years at my job I am truly bless Everyday .. I work In The Surgical Lounge as Unit Services Representative All patients that having Surgery and update All Family Members I Updated for over 50+ Surgeons relaying messages to all Familys.I answer phone direct calls to the right place .Stock orders for the Surgical Lounge And also for PACU I also put in all orders for blood work and Radiology order answering the phones in the PACU STOCK AND ORDER SUPPLIES FOR BOTH UNITS.
Pros
Relaxation Quiet Spaces
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 2, 2018
I was a volunteer at Hackensack during the summer in 2016 in order to get the necessary aide hours for my applications to PT school. The staff at Hackensack were all very nice to work with and they were all very supportive of my seeking a job in the industry. I enjoyed volunteering there even though it was for a short time.
great place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJune 30, 2018
great place to work, I loved it there. Unfortuately we decided to relocate. Will miss there, plenty of opportunities and perks.
My pay was adequate for what i did, but not enough to remain in NJ
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJune 15, 2018
Currently work on the mother baby unit, love it. You get grow as an employee. Patient care is top priorities. I would recommend seeking medical care at this institution. Knowledgeable health care professionals!!
Great experience
Volunteer/Art Therapy (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJune 13, 2018
It was a great experience volunteering and working at Tomorrow’s Children/ Child Life. Would recommend working at this part of the hospital to anyone who loves to work with children & would really like to make a difference.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Could be upsetting at times
a disappointing environment for a well respected hospital
adjunct (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJune 12, 2018
The people who make up the clinical teams at HUMC are exceptional. Great people who understand the family/patient dynamic in treating illness. this hospital is run like a bank: HUMC treats their employees like dollar signs.
Volunteer
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJune 5, 2018
I worked as a volunteer in a virology lab during the summer time while i was in college. The director I had worked with took a great interest in me and enjoyed the fact that I wanted to learn more about the lab. Worked with med techs on assays and gained lab skills through it.
face-paced
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMay 30, 2018
Face-paced
Competitive
Great benefits
Employees and employer work together as a team to accomplish great patient care and services.
Great atmosphere to work in
Good Experience
Floater (Former Employee) –  Westwood, NJMay 29, 2018
The Hospital offers you a good opportunity to develop your skills and care patients. Also the supervisors are very flexible and make sure you learn. Nice experience
HUMC was a great place to learn and advance.
Supervisor to Oncology Research Data Managers (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMay 24, 2018
I worked at HUMC as a Research Associate in Oncology. I learned a lot about the disease process, treatments and research. It was a great opportunity and I advanced within the department. HUMC is a great place to advance internally if you are a high achiever!
Great Enviorment
Cardiac Rehabilitation Intern (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMay 23, 2018
Great place to work/intern at. The people are amazing and caring. I learned a lot when I was interning at the Cardiac Rehab floor. My supervisor taught me a lot of things that I never knew. The patients were the best part coming to work. From getting to know them and helping them with their routine, you just grow a relationship. Overall, this place is great.
ups and downs
Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMay 23, 2018
can be stressful, current management it terrible , high expectations , can have its good moments ,doing alot of running around taking oders and get equipment fix

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hackensack University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2