HAECO Americas Employee Reviews

productive with ping pong table
Stress Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 17, 2018
productive with ping pong table.

American work culture changed then now it is like a Chinese company with Chinese work culture.

American Engineering Director hired with slave management and micromanagement skill set aka Slave Driver implementation.

People in the Original management who opposed had to leave.
skillful and shrewd strategy to export aerospace technology to China.
Composite
Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 4, 2018
The did things on the cheap at the Macon location. They were not willing to invest in quality equipment. There were mechanics there that failed to follow the book and cause the company to loose its contract and 300+ employees lost there jobs because of a couple bad employee's.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
management
Undermanaged
Material Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 29, 2018
No real responsible party to address issues or to obtain information from. Management is anyone willing to assume the position. Not to mention they lay off every 3 months it seems. Very unstable company to work for.
great place to work
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC 27410May 3, 2018
Haeco is a very good company to work for. they really take care of their employees, by providing good pay and benefits. the believe in self promotion from within
Bad new management brought in after acquisition
Manager- Accounting (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 24, 2018
Not a place I would recommend, after the acquisition of TIMCO, HAECO migrated new VP's and Directors into the operation who have little respect for people, and the operation is bleeding cash badly daily.
Pros
A great place to work if you hate money.
Structures Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 8, 2018
Marketed as a "world class" maintenance provider, HAECO employees earn less than 72% of all aviation workers nationwide. Once management realizes that you are working on a crew that gets work done on time they make sure to split everyone up onto seperate lines.
Pros
The time spent not at work.
Cons
The time spent while at work.
Good
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMarch 3, 2018
It was a good place to work, Some of the expectations were too much for stating.It a good place to get experience for MRO type work. I would consider working there again if the opportunity did arise.
Pros
Good work
Cons
Stressful
Overall
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wallburg, NCFebruary 7, 2018
People are great
Management sucks
They laid off 20 plus year emplloyees and kept 6 month employees instead
They allow ot for some salary positions but not all salary positions
Pros
People
Cons
Loved it until I got laid off
Arm cap Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 22, 2018
I came in through a temp agency but worked my behind off to get hired direct, I was told at the beginning of November that was the plan. Fast forward to the end of that month there was a hiring freeze on all temps. Fast forward another month and I among a host of other people, not just temps, were laid off from the facility a week before Christmas. Most days were spent quietly working on the jobs as they came in pouring chemicals into molds and then cleaning and repairing the results. Engineering was constantly never assisting us so it was on us to come up with ways to make the product not trash. Ultimately as stressful as it was I did like the environment I just hated trying so hard just to get what I felt was a giant middle finger.
Pros
Laid back work environment
Cons
Short breaks, low job security at lower levels
Relaxing, fun, friendly and family oriented
Certification/Testing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CAJanuary 13, 2018
Relaxing place to work, although it tends to be hectic on closing project/program. There's a lot of turn-over of employee in the corporate office and it effects project.
Pros
Christmas party, birthday greeting w/ DQ card, Thanksgiving turkey give away
management
Aircraft Structural Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 12, 2018
They do not listen to employees and have a good old boy way of moving employees into better paying positions. Work conditions are not bad, they do maintain a safe environment.
Pros
New hangar
Cons
good old boy network
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 11, 2018
Working for the company for over 7 yrs, I was devastated when I went into work & was let go due future company closure. We were told that they would do everything to keep business as usual.
Great place to work, and good opportunities to learn more about aircraft and advancement.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 28, 2017
Great place to work, and learn. Advancement is there for anyone who wants to learn and move up in the company. But don't like the buddy system which I experienced there. Not good feeling.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Sometimes, the buddy system comes into play. Not good for any company
Potential to be a good company
Supply Chain Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 27, 2017
The company has a great backing just needs the correct people in place to make the needed changes to succeed. There needs to be some changes and the people need to be willing to change.
Not a recommended employer
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 19, 2017
Employees are not valued. Recent, new upper management is incompetent at best. TIMCO valued their employees, and treated them as assets. I do not recommend this company!
Cons
Very poorly managed
Some very nice people but some co workes very cutthroat
Maintance (Former Employee) –  GreensboroDecember 9, 2017
No training poor support by management high drama level. Watch over you self as there are more senior employees that will not accept new people in there office work environment. Will try to set you up to get you dismissed. I would not recommend this company to any one. Hiring under false pretense promise something that will never happen. Find better employment else were. The place hires a few hundred each month and dismiss more then half of the people hired keeping mostly the contractors then after a short time sends the contractors out the door. The process repeats each and every month.
No paid holidays you must use vacation for holidays. Cost of health care is more then 1/3 of your monthly pay in most positions. The health insurance is a catastrophic plan and covers very little.
Pros
Some very nice people
Cons
Pay, Heath Care
good workkplace but stresful
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  lake city flDecember 5, 2017
management is a joke but other than that great place to work if you can handle the stress of your project manager telling you that you arent working fast enough even when your crew got twice as much done as they wanted done
Pros
paid time off, short/long term disbility provided by company, benefits
Cons
stressful, lack of management
A pitiful experience
Avionics Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 25, 2017
No paid days off, sometimes forced weekends, HR mistakenly deleted 10 hours of overtime from my time records and I never saw that money go into my bank. Management was a joke, always had unrealistic production goals, they eventually worked us so hard that employees made mistakes that caused the customer to pull their contract.
Pros
When there was work, there was a lot of it.
Cons
Poor planning, management, no paid holidays
A fair job.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLNovember 11, 2017
Good paid days off, a steady schedule with great hours. Workers are polite and respect is the word of the day. Do your work, and if ever in doubt, ask and you will be helped to achieve any required task.
Pros
Paid days off, health insurance, good steady schedule
Cons
Instability of the market causes fluctuations in workforce
Growing company that had alot of potential
Purchasing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 30, 2017
HAECO Americas MACON, was a great place to work. Most of the management care greatly about your family life and wanted to you grow personally and professionally. While with Haeco I've learned the importance of setting priorities and listening to the ideas and concerns of those I supervise. The hardest part of my job is knowing when to pull back and not be so involved with every detail and trust in my peoples abilities to do the jobs they are qualified to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment of delivery an Aircraft on time or early.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HAECO Americas. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.8

1.9Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight