HAECO Americas
56Below average
2.9

HAECO Americas Employee Reviews

United States110 reviews
Company has a severe lack of respect, encouragement, inclusiveness for the workforce. "Good ol Boy" atmosphere rains supreme from top to bottom. Management / Supervision does not take ownership of any faults. Management / Supervision does not provide proper oversight, assistance, or training.
Overall not a bad place to work has its ups and downs upper management is not really all there and make some really bad decision even though they don’t have a clue on how things actually work on the floor. Just because it looks good on paper it most work in the real word attitude they have just sucks an causes a big waist of time.
HaEco is the most trash company I've ever worked for in my entire life. Lake City is probably one if not the most racist place I ever worked in. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. Ever.
In the 5 years, I have been working at HAECO as a fulltime job and it was a decent experience. The employees and workers were helpful to each other as a team, providing quality, production, and safety.
It would be extremely nice to continue to have a local career with Haeco. Waking up each day and being joyful about reporting to work is a dream come true.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Company will pay relocation allowance. Some positions have sign-on bonuses. They give at the start of the year 160 hours paid time for vacation or sick leave. There is chances for advancement. there are chances for education / certification benefits. gaining experience is abundant.
Company's senior management is complacent, will not take ownership, does not support work-force entirely. Supervision allows, tolerates, and accepts racial comments. Pay, generally across board, is lower than industry standard. Training and reinforcement of training is severely lacking.
Exceptional company to work for. Would highly recommend for employment. Great benefits with retirement plan. Good salary. We care about employees and give attention to All.
Line divisions was sold off or closed and this was the best decision that the company made while I was there! This was inevitable! Compensation was severely inadequate for several locations! Management was inexperienced! Very good Lead technicians but had limited influences!
What a joke this place has went to the dogs and if your not in the pack your out. The management team is joke had lead that couldn't even work on the plane he was not qualified on the airline. The pay is the same as it was in 1996 come on it's 2018 I started at $13.50 then and that's what there starting rate is still I mean gas was $1. in 96 but it's $2.50 now. Someone called it Hellco and I agree.
Working at Haeco was a pleasant experience. But management is not always fair for the most part they operate on the buddy system. But there are a chance for promotions.
I worked at Haeco/Timco for almost 11 years after being in the Air Force. Over 7 of those years as a Lead. It was once an okay place to work, but management took it way down hill. Unrealistic time frames on work and always expecting more to get done in less time with less people, incorrect tooling, incorrect manuals and horrible planning and organization. Managers pushing leads to push their crew members to cut corners or pushing leads to cut corners themselves to compensate for less people, incorrect manuals etc. that are costing time on projects that the company underbids hours on for the current manpower and resources available in the first place. Leads made to work multiple projects at the same time with minimum or less than minimum crews. I frequently worked 70-80+ hrs a week on multiple unorganized projects at one time. Sometimes people are put in lead positions without even having a license or certificate to legally be in that position and told to just say someone else is actually in charge if the FAA shows up. I hope it has gotten better and safer over the last couple of years that I haven't been there.
Managements continuous lack of planning creates a culture of chaos. There are not enough people to do all the work, so overtime is forced on you all the time. There is no work life balance, if you won't make Haeco your life you don't want to work here. Most of management makes unrealistic decisions and then expect you to make them happen, no matter what, as long as they don't have to work the long hours. The pay is good if you are entry level or an intern, but this is not where most people will stay for a career. There is no accountability when you make errors, so the same mistakes are made by the same people repeatedly, with no consequences. The upper management team for the most part came from the same company, so it is a good old boys network like nothing you have ever seen.

The 20 days of PTO cover all holidays, all sick leave, all plant shut downs, which really leaves about a week for vacation...but at least its only for the first 10 years....

The medical/dental/vision benefits are good, that is really the best part of the job.
Not a bad place to start out with, especially for Military or fresh A&P mechanics. For me, I witnessed the “Good ole Boy clicks” right off. Pretty much hit the ground running with no help, got recognized and compensated for it. Within 2 years, I topped out within the mechanic level tiers. Down side, I pretty much feel stagnant. Management gives the same ole jobs to the same ole people. I feel sorry for some of the new guys wanting to learn and they end up being remove and installing panels for years! Not enough employees to get put with a experienced person so they can progress so they end up doing the same ole thing. Management wants everything to move fast with no hiccups, but they keep hiring new help with no experience at all. Good place to get experience, and a good place to retire. In between years, go make money elsewhere!
Good old boy system like every other review managers are s*** leads are s*** half the time you sit around doing nothing the other half you’re doing shady maintenance trying to get by on an inspector
I was hired as a cabinet maker. I was told I would be developing custom cabinetry for aircraft. I was told I would be teaching people how to use wood working techniques to build high end cabinetry for aircraft.

None of this happened !!! I was placed in the R&D lab with two fellas who would not teach me anything about how aircraft interiors were built and were even less interested in learning any of the techniques I knew.

I resigned after 4 days. I then got a phone call from Talent acquisition and I agreed to take a call from the CFO.

During this phone call he explained that what had happened to me was not how he had wanted things to proceed and if I would come back things would be different.

They were actually worse, to the point I had to go to HR because of the hostile work environment. After all of this I was moved to an area well below my skill set.

My pay rate did not go down even though others in this position were making about one half of what I made per hour. Someone realized this and did some very underhanded things to have me fired.
After closing the macon facility transferred to greensboro and didnt like lt. Was treated very poorly and cut my hours and gave them to someone else. Also wouldn't let me advance and held me back and used me
Good place to get experience if you're just getting in/out of aviation school or don't have licensing yet and have a military background with working aircraft. Typical day, you could be doing any number of tasks with an aircraft. Management honestly needs to be cleaned house on. It reflects a good ole boy type culture. Some leads are unfit and get away with playing on their phones most of the day or are off flirting with some of the women who work there. Lack of engagement on some with the guys who are physically working. A lot of disorganization and micromanaging. Don't expect pay raises or any type of real movement on job positions if you wanted it. Way better opportunities out there.
Pros
Good coworkers on the floor, Experience
Cons
Pay-no raises, Management-communication and disorganization, Some lazy leads
Productive place to learn aircraft maintenance . And to get a lot of experience in different areas of maintenance . A lot of A319/A321aircraft. Also a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
4/10 work week
Cons
Not enough employees for the work load sometimes
Geeat workspace friendky enviroment I wish I could go back but living in Florida suits me better But i miss my job a lot
love the community work they do and support for Greensboro
I’ve been here over a year and am currently still here seeking other opportunities. I worked first shift for a while and everything was push push go go. Everything was rushed which doesn’t make good in aviation. It’s not about if the accident will happen it’s about when. So you can imagine all the rushing we did created mistakes. I’m pretty much self taught because since day 1 I was thrown in the the pit and left to sink or swim luckily I swam but not a good place for people in aviation.
Great place if you dont have your A&P but leaders and managers are quick to fire and make it look like your fault, its a good ol boys club. Lack of guidance and direction is prominent, especially for indaviduals who have never touched large commercial aircaft, and alot of unkept promises
Ask a question about working or interviewing at HAECO Americas. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight