HAECO Americas Employee Reviews for Mechanic

A great place to work if you hate money.
Structures Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 8, 2018
Marketed as a "world class" maintenance provider, HAECO employees earn less than 72% of all aviation workers nationwide. Once management realizes that you are working on a crew that gets work done on time they make sure to split everyone up onto seperate lines.
Pros
The time spent not at work.
Cons
The time spent while at work.
Loved it until I got laid off
Arm cap Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 22, 2018
I came in through a temp agency but worked my behind off to get hired direct, I was told at the beginning of November that was the plan. Fast forward to the end of that month there was a hiring freeze on all temps. Fast forward another month and I among a host of other people, not just temps, were laid off from the facility a week before Christmas. Most days were spent quietly working on the jobs as they came in pouring chemicals into molds and then cleaning and repairing the results. Engineering was constantly never assisting us so it was on us to come up with ways to make the product not trash. Ultimately as stressful as it was I did like the environment I just hated trying so hard just to get what I felt was a giant middle finger.
Pros
Laid back work environment
Cons
Short breaks, low job security at lower levels
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 23, 2017
HAECO is growing, management is good and the benefits are getting better, continue to work on communication and benefits, employees see the investment
heaco
Interior Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 17, 2017
the work at heaco was consistant, however upper mgmt did not care to improve or change or even help the situation. it was like they were getting a bonus to close the place down.
overall ok. place
Interior mechanic (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 23, 2017
we had people who knew little to nothing running the place because of people they knew. which made it difficult to get work done because your lead had no aircraft experience at all but his/her dad is in the upper management.
Pros
good place to learn and get experience
Cons
people you know rather than skill set gets you ahead
nice break room
Interiors, Structures mechanic, Interiors Fab shop (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 15, 2016
loved working on the MOR side maid many friends I got hurt over a year ago and are unable to do that work any longer. Moved to the Cabin Solutions side and just do not like the work like i did on the MOR side and I'm not sore if i will be able to continue doing that work.
Pros
some very willing to help you to perform your work better
Cons
very hard work