Hair Club Employee Reviews

Stylist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2018
This is overall a good place to work with pretty good pay. The job can be very stressful at times and long hours of standing. Benefits are great and their continued education is amazing. There is room to advance and even relocate. The staff is generally welcoming and easy to work with. The clients are what makes this job, they are enjoyable to work with and the tips are great. Management however is terrible.
Pros
Good pay, great tips and good benefits
Cons
Terrible management
Working at Hairclub stressful
Independent Contractor/Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2018
I was a stylist at hairclub. I did hair replacements on client with extreme hair loss.

Management would often overbook clients which caused stress and an inability to do a good job on high paying customers.

Manager was cruel and ignored my interest in advancement

I did enjoy making customers feel better about themselves after styling their systems.
...unprofessional
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYNovember 14, 2018
unprofessional, long hours, unfair treatment from management, favoritism. clients can be abusive but as long as they pay employees are forced to deal with abuse.
Movtivating company culture!
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 7, 2018
Hair Club offers the opportunity to help change lives in a positive, motivating company culture. Managers are given the autonomy to make decisions to grow their business and team.
Pros
Motivating company culture, excellent compensation and benefits, fun environment, strong leadership
Cons
Working Saturdays and evenings. Demanding clientele.
Hair Club in Bloomington, IL is a great place to work!
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 19, 2018
Hair Club in Bloomington IL is a great place to work! I have been here over 18 years and found it to be a very rewarding career. I do a variety of tasks and have the freedom to do those to the best of my ability. I am treated very well by the people that I communicate with in our corporate office.

Our clients represent a wide range of life experiences, professions, and stages in life. We often learn something new from their stories and are well entertained. As they come in on repeating schedules, we get to know them fairly well. We, as a team, are dedicated to doing our best for our clients- and each other. Our days are not always free of challenges, but we meet them as a team. We help people to feel good about themselves and secure in how they look, so that they can concentrate on the rest of their life activities. In my heart, I feel that we give them their lives back.

I also love the hours and benefits! I love working Tuesday through Saturday. I love having Saturday night, Sunday and Monday off. I appreciate never working past 7:30 P.M. and having holidays off. We have generous vacation/holiday policy and an excellent medical policy, with low employee premiums.
Pros
Teamwork environment, wide variety of work, a lot of time off, excellent medical policy, what we do really matters to our clients
Cons
Dependant medical care premuim a bit high, technology a bit glitchy, impossible to please everyone
Terrible company to work for
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 17, 2018
My manager and co-workers were amazing ! Upper management was much to be desired. The salesman were condescending, demanding and rude. Often wanted you to lie for them. The salesmen made money for the company, so they basically could do and say anything they wanted. This mad my work experience extreme stressful.
Great Mission, Poor Management
Managing Director and Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 13, 2018
The overall business is great in helping people with a product to make clients feel good about themselves. The upper management team is not of high quality and my manager wanted me to do things that I would consider unethical.
Hair Stylist/Ext Specialist/Xtrand Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 20, 2018
Hairclub is an amazing experience. A great place to work. The only thing is if you not in a certain click of upper management and go against what they are doing, you become a enemy and they come after you. They do things that make you want to quit and go somewhere else where you are more appreciated.
Cons
Great company and benefits but was lacking management at our location
Image Consultant (Current Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 17, 2018
Great company and benefits but was lacking management. Took a long time to finally get a manager into our center. Other than that it is a great company to work for. Hours are Tuesday - Saturday, and the latest you work is usually until 7-7:30pm. Pay is base plus commission, along with contests and bonuses. Also paid training and paid travel expenses when you start.
Pros
Off Mondays, PTO & Paid holidays, Great benefits, free products & services
Cons
Working Saturdays
run fast
Center manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 23, 2018
Definitely not a company you want to work for. Pay is not at all competitive and new President is more interested in pointing fingers than taking responsibility or developing new ideas. There have been several high ranking demotions and unfortunately, the leader leads by favoritism and nothing else. They talk about Ultimate Client Experience but they are truly just after money. Centers get in trouble if they aren't charging the appropriate price even if they need to discount for a multitude of reasons. Another thing they mention is the Ultimate Employee Experience but what they don't realize is that the employees aren't happy there and based on the instability of the President, they are afraid to voice any opinions for fear of losing their jobs. You probably won't be fired for performance but say something they don't like and watch out! My best advice is not to work there but if you do, keep all your opinions to yourself and trust no one, especially upper management who are afraid to speak their mind for fear they will also be fired. Sales people don't tell clients the truth about what happens after their initial 6 months...it's in the script. Very vague and misleading. Company has lofty goals but can't bring in any new business. Expect a complete upper management change within 2 years.
Pros
centers have some nice people
Cons
culture, upper management, President, lack of realistic expectations, no trust, HR not supportive of employees
Productive and quick-learning position
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 5, 2018
Hair Club is a great company that offers part-time and full-time positions. They were flexible with my schedule while I was attending college full-time. Being a receptionist was a great experience. I built friendships with clients and the staff. I received benefits such as 401K, healthcare, and paid sick leave. I did not receive paid time off since I was only part-time, but I received days off that I requested. There were times when the job had it's stressful moments. For example, I would be scheduling clients while answering the phone, or checking out a customer at the register and there is 3 other clients waiting in line to be scheduled. Overall, this job helped strengthen my multi-tasking skills and my ability to work with others.
Pros
Free lunches at meetings, Benefits, Easy commute
Cons
Limited space in the front desk
Hair Club for Men review
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 6, 2017
Assisted prospective clients with hair restoration and set appointments for them to visit our clinics in over 100 different locations. I learned that people are very noncommittal and that it is a tough sell. The workplace was very eclectic and full of diverse personalities and was a decent work environment.We had many outdoor and quarterly awards events that were always fun and amusing. Good food and fun and friends.
Pros
Salary, commission, food, parties friends
Cons
weird hours, bad leads, management
It was awesome
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2018
Plain and simple! It was a thrill to work there, the hours were perfect and the pay was even better! I could say it was the first real job I had as an adult.
Huge Turnover
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 24, 2018
Management is HORRIBLE! Huge Turnover in the Charlotte NC location and Corporate plays a blind eye to it all! So much micro managing that Stylist do not stay long! There is also a lot of favoritism and dishonesty running rapid!!!
its a job
Lead Sales & Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 2, 2018
You have to be in the cult to make this place work for you. Tons of favoritism and lack of professionalism by the managers. They will put you through a ton of interviews but really hire anybody
Pros
Job
Cons
Can't pay your bills with this salary
Fun job. Great opportunities to make money. High pressure sales
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 22, 2018
If you don't mind doing high pressure sales, this is the job for you. It is a fun place to work, as it is fast paced, and the customers are usually very interested in what you have to say. No cold calling.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
High pressure sales
Great for money
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 5, 2017
Overall if you're a struggling millennial the pay and commission are what will draw you in. The working conditions as well as the company in general is not something I would recommend for anyone. Stylists have been treated like lesser individuals by both management and especially by clients. There is a culture of harassment from clients. Management has been known to protect clientele while disposing of employees to maintain business. There isn't much chance to move up or expand upon your career.
Pros
Hour long lunch and great pay per hour
Cons
Treated unfairly, abusive clientele, no opportunity to move up
CENTER ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 22, 2018
This was a great job. I was young when I worked there, I have days where I truly miss it. Always recommend this job , it was easy, paid well, great staff, and you can always move up!
Poor management
Hair restoration specialist (Former Employee) –  East BrunswickJune 4, 2015
No room to grow or advance in salary. Commissions are taken away as well as incentives. Paychecks are often shorted. Management is not experienced enough to successfully run and handle the large center and number of staff and clients. Many unhappy faces. The owner is never there to oversee how managers treat clients and staff and how badly they themselves behave. I have seen six managers come and go in a nine year period. The last and current manager/assistant manager trio being the worst by far. They bully, belittle and intimidate staff and clients alike into staying and threaten those workers who escape with non compete contracts that are far too unreasonable.
Pros
Giving clients their hair back and making them happy is rewarding
Cons
Poor management, absent owner, no room for growth, no raises
Need better management with salon skills/background.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  ABQ, NMJanuary 16, 2018
👎
Will make you work off the clock to satisfy overtime reports for bonus.
Management will constantly online shop instead of interacting with clients.
Management only interacts with existing clients with intention of a sale.
Sad thing is the clients are awesome and deserve better not just from their stylist but all the way around .
Pros
Great pay for a stylist job
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hair Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight