Hair Club Employee Reviews

Great career step
Management (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 4, 2019
Whether it's one of many or your only career stop, Hair Club is an amazing Company to be involved with. The Company cares about its people and Clients. All work can be done in a 40-hour week as long as everyone chips in and does their part. If your mission in life is to help others, Hair Club let's you do that daily.
High expectations, low pay
Stylist (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 3, 2019
Extremely high expectations regarding pressure to sell unethically. The company provides a low hourly pay, thankfully most of the clients tipped well. You have to work late 2 nights which isn't great if you have kids. The continuing education provided was a complete joke, no hands on education only power points sent by corporate headquarters. I loved my coworkers which was the only thing that made working there for so long bearable. When I started at the company we had a great manager, I left due to a horrible manager who played favorites and bullied half of the staff. When you have issues and try to communicate with higher up management you are given the run around, they follow protocol to investigate a situation but ultimately, they all look out for each other. This happened for me as well as other employees I was friends with whom I saw leave.
Pros
free lunches sometimes, good benefits for a stylist job
Cons
not much room for advancement, title may change pay does not by much
Fun place to work
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 30, 2018
I work with a lot of great people and have met a lot of great people doing this job Pay is good and ok benefits I don't have the benefits because I only work here part-time Hair club has changed the lives of many people dealing with hair loss
Pros
Greatclients and great people to work with
Cons
na
...unprofessional
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYNovember 14, 2018
unprofessional, long hours, unfair treatment from management, favoritism. clients can be abusive but as long as they pay employees are forced to deal with abuse.
It was awesome
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2018
Plain and simple! It was a thrill to work there, the hours were perfect and the pay was even better! I could say it was the first real job I had as an adult.
Terrible company to work for
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 17, 2018
My manager and co-workers were amazing ! Upper management was much to be desired. The salesman were condescending, demanding and rude. Often wanted you to lie for them. The salesmen made money for the company, so they basically could do and say anything they wanted. This mad my work experience extreme stressful.
Great Mission, Poor Management
Managing Director and Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 13, 2018
The overall business is great in helping people with a product to make clients feel good about themselves. The upper management team is not of high quality and my manager wanted me to do things that I would consider unethical.
Stylist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2018
This is overall a good place to work with pretty good pay. The job can be very stressful at times and long hours of standing. Benefits are great and their continued education is amazing. There is room to advance and even relocate. The staff is generally welcoming and easy to work with. The clients are what makes this job, they are enjoyable to work with and the tips are great. Management however is terrible.
Pros
Good pay, great tips and good benefits
Cons
Terrible management
Fun job. Great opportunities to make money. High pressure sales
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 22, 2018
If you don't mind doing high pressure sales, this is the job for you. It is a fun place to work, as it is fast paced, and the customers are usually very interested in what you have to say. No cold calling.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
High pressure sales
Working at Hairclub stressful
Independent Contractor/Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2018
I was a stylist at hairclub. I did hair replacements on client with extreme hair loss.

Management would often overbook clients which caused stress and an inability to do a good job on high paying customers.

Manager was cruel and ignored my interest in advancement

I did enjoy making customers feel better about themselves after styling their systems.
Hair Stylist/Ext Specialist/Xtrand Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 20, 2018
Hairclub is an amazing experience. A great place to work. The only thing is if you not in a certain click of upper management and go against what they are doing, you become a enemy and they come after you. They do things that make you want to quit and go somewhere else where you are more appreciated.
Cons
Hair Club in Bloomington, IL is a great place to work!
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 19, 2018
Hair Club in Bloomington IL is a great place to work! I have been here over 18 years and found it to be a very rewarding career. I do a variety of tasks and have the freedom to do those to the best of my ability. I am treated very well by the people that I communicate with in our corporate office.

Our clients represent a wide range of life experiences, professions, and stages in life. We often learn something new from their stories and are well entertained. As they come in on repeating schedules, we get to know them fairly well. We, as a team, are dedicated to doing our best for our clients- and each other. Our days are not always free of challenges, but we meet them as a team. We help people to feel good about themselves and secure in how they look, so that they can concentrate on the rest of their life activities. In my heart, I feel that we give them their lives back.

I also love the hours and benefits! I love working Tuesday through Saturday. I love having Saturday night, Sunday and Monday off. I appreciate never working past 7:30 P.M. and having holidays off. We have generous vacation/holiday policy and an excellent medical policy, with low employee premiums.
Pros
Teamwork environment, wide variety of work, a lot of time off, excellent medical policy, what we do really matters to our clients
Cons
Dependant medical care premuim a bit high, technology a bit glitchy, impossible to please everyone
Movtivating company culture!
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 7, 2018
Hair Club offers the opportunity to help change lives in a positive, motivating company culture. Managers are given the autonomy to make decisions to grow their business and team.
Pros
Motivating company culture, excellent compensation and benefits, fun environment, strong leadership
Cons
Working Saturdays and evenings. Demanding clientele.
Huge Turnover
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 24, 2018
Management is HORRIBLE! Huge Turnover in the Charlotte NC location and Corporate plays a blind eye to it all! So much micro managing that Stylist do not stay long! There is also a lot of favoritism and dishonesty running rapid!!!
its a job
Lead Sales & Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 2, 2018
You have to be in the cult to make this place work for you. Tons of favoritism and lack of professionalism by the managers. They will put you through a ton of interviews but really hire anybody
Pros
Job
Cons
Can't pay your bills with this salary
fun, artistic, challenging.
LEAD HAIR STYLIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2018
it was fun getting to know the patients, very challenging and artistic, we had the chance to travel for training that was a huge plus. I helped people feel better about them selves.
Pros
travel
Productive and quick-learning position
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 5, 2018
Hair Club is a great company that offers part-time and full-time positions. They were flexible with my schedule while I was attending college full-time. Being a receptionist was a great experience. I built friendships with clients and the staff. I received benefits such as 401K, healthcare, and paid sick leave. I did not receive paid time off since I was only part-time, but I received days off that I requested. There were times when the job had it's stressful moments. For example, I would be scheduling clients while answering the phone, or checking out a customer at the register and there is 3 other clients waiting in line to be scheduled. Overall, this job helped strengthen my multi-tasking skills and my ability to work with others.
Pros
Free lunches at meetings, Benefits, Easy commute
Cons
Limited space in the front desk
Management isn't qualified to manage
Member Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2018
They are hair stylist wth to much power. They respond to situations by emotion and not logic. If they like someone, they support them no matter what. Even if that person bullies. Ridiculous.
Pros
Pay for stylists
Cons
Stress
run fast
Center manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 23, 2018
Definitely not a company you want to work for. Pay is not at all competitive and new President is more interested in pointing fingers than taking responsibility or developing new ideas. There have been several high ranking demotions and unfortunately, the leader leads by favoritism and nothing else. They talk about Ultimate Client Experience but they are truly just after money. Centers get in trouble if they aren't charging the appropriate price even if they need to discount for a multitude of reasons. Another thing they mention is the Ultimate Employee Experience but what they don't realize is that the employees aren't happy there and based on the instability of the President, they are afraid to voice any opinions for fear of losing their jobs. You probably won't be fired for performance but say something they don't like and watch out! My best advice is not to work there but if you do, keep all your opinions to yourself and trust no one, especially upper management who are afraid to speak their mind for fear they will also be fired. Sales people don't tell clients the truth about what happens after their initial 6 months...it's in the script. Very vague and misleading. Company has lofty goals but can't bring in any new business. Expect a complete upper management change within 2 years.
Pros
centers have some nice people
Cons
culture, upper management, President, lack of realistic expectations, no trust, HR not supportive of employees
I Strongly disliked the workplace
Customer Service/ inbound and outbound (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton FLJanuary 19, 2018
Very unprofessional, we had to lie and we had a script, they wont allow you to go to the bathroom, you had to go to work even if you were sick with fever.
The supervisors were not prepare and didn't train you well.
It was a mess.
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hair Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight