Hair Cuttery Salon Employee Reviews

High School all over again
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 20, 2019
My salon couldn't keep a manager or many employees. Request for days off would often go unheard. Stylist would take items for my station without permission and not be punished. Cannot deny a haircut even if you cant achieve a successful consultation. If you mess up a haircut you will get written up even of you told them you couldn't figure out what your client wanted despite following all procedures in attempts to do so. Some people have great experience at hair cuttery. I couldn't say the same.
Pros
Having clientele provided
Cons
inconsistent management/employees
Can make great money
Salon Manager/Stylist (Current Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILFebruary 11, 2019
They offer benefits, lots of walk-in clients and a lot of options to advance. Can work full or part time. Fun environment . Have worked with a lot of great people
Pros
Money, very busy
busy work place
Shampoo Girl (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 11, 2019
Hair Cuttery was my first job. I liked it for the most part it did get very busy at times. very fast pace. some of the clients are hard to deal with but always out a smile on there face
Pros
easy job
Cons
fast pace
Fun environment
Assistant store manager (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDFebruary 7, 2019
Listen to your guest that's most important. Always wow your guest and make sure they are smiling when they leave. The managers are always there to help.
Great salon to start out at, but not for long term advantage.
Hair Stylist/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INFebruary 6, 2019
Hair Cuttery was a very great salon to start with just being out of school, but it just was not the best fit for long term or to create a "career" work environment out of. I felt that the basics were very necessary starting with this salon, and I grew with their free salon training, but the "career" aspect started when I decided to leave the company and booth rent. The money was not great with Hair Cuttery, but to start out this salon was a great experience.
Pros
Fun work events, contest opportunities, awards, discount on Redken Symposium ticket, and free classes within the company.
Cons
Pay was very low even after my 5 years of working experience, i did not recieve a raise.
Overrun by poorly trained back stabbers
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Clifton, VAFebruary 5, 2019
This company only cares about the numbers and therefore the culture is all about narccisitic self-involvement. There is no teamwork ethic here because everyone is only about themselves.
Pros
Cons
numbers driven culture makes it impossible for an ethical stylist to build a decent clientele
Team oriented and kind coworkers
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLFebruary 5, 2019
I’ve learned much from being there as Hair Cuttery my first salon job after getting out of school.
My salon leader could not be more wonderful and the stylists I’ve worked with have always been helpful, kind and fun to be with.
I love being able to meet so many people and further my education as I desire.
Very poor leadership
Salon Professional (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLFebruary 2, 2019
I worked there for 3 years. It's just a bunch of gossiping and backstabbing. I gave up and quit. I'm not even doing hair anymore. The company helped me grow to hate something I used to be so passionate about. Don't work there. Its awful, atleast the one I worked at.
Pros
Kind clientele
Cons
Poor leadership
Not a career
Hairstylist/Colorist (Current Employee) –  South Central, PAJanuary 30, 2019
Hair Cuttery is a get by for now kinda job. Not a nice company to work for. I drive almost 45 mins to get there. Not worth it. MGMT will keep you during snow storms, low tips, most weeks it's 45% comm, I can't request off, under staffed, under appreciated, leader is unclear on most things, no reason to stay.
Pros
Cash tips
Cons
Work nights and every weekend
A fast-paste work place
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 30, 2019
The Haircuttery is a great place to work. everyone is fun and inviting. They provide fair pay and great benefits. It is fast-paste I would recommend this job.
haircuttery
stylist (Former Employee) –  Lagrange Hlds, ILJanuary 28, 2019
greet clients as they came in the door. i would color cut and style hair, i would also help clean and sweep on down time, i would sign in and cash out clients.
poor management
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 27, 2019
It was one thing to be treated unfairly by the clients, but being treated unfairly by your employees and employer...i wasn't a fan. id be asked my opinion on something and say " oh no I'd rather not get in a disagreement" then when I would be pushed I would finally say to them my opinion and if they didn't agree they would say "oh you're young, you wouldn't know anyways."
steady paced and fun
Hairstylist/Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 26, 2019
I always enjoyed working for this company. Hair cuttery always offered further education and assistance to achieve what you need to get done. I always had a good clientele also.
Co-workers made if possible to deal with bad pay
hairdresser (Current Employee) –  Yorkville, ILJanuary 26, 2019
You really need to have alot of clientele to prosper here. Continued education is free to us, and that is good. Not getting paid for holidays sucks, and the medical we are offered is so bad, it's not worth getting.The dental, and vision are ok, from what I've heard
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No decent benefits
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJanuary 25, 2019
This is a good place to work you have the ability to earn as much commission as you can. The provide classes for CEU's. The hardest part of the job is when there are slow days. I like that there are no two day's that are the same.
Love it
Hair Stylist / Assistant Salon Leader (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 24, 2019
I have worked for this company for over 10 years and I love it. Hours until 9pm are hard on a family. And when we are slow it’s rough. I love accruing paid time off and love the new pay scale.
Pros
Make tips
Cons
Hours
Hair Cuttery it’s self is a good company some locations are not so great.
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Center Valley, PAJanuary 23, 2019
Hair Cuttery does offer some nice this like health care benefits and 401k but the way we get paid has recently changed and it’s hard to make money, plus the company is heiering way too many stylists so you have to fight for clients
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Free education is located in Philadelphia
Sounds great but no delivery
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  VAJanuary 22, 2019
The environment of the store I worked at was tense to everyone that walked in. There was favoritism between management and certain employees. Stylists started coming to work under the influence of illegal substance regularly. When brought to the DL attention, I was told it's because I live clean and sober that it bothered me. Never mind that it was completely unprofessional and showed no work ethics at all. Discrimination at its finest. They talk of being the love company but it all comes down to stylists being a number to fill the company's wallet.
Pros
50% of products, flexible schedule
Cons
Cattiness, unprofessional customer service
Unsatisfying
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 22, 2019
You have to be strong and know that the tips are temporary money it won’t make up anything believe me 6 years latter and nothing Hair Cuttery won’t help you with anything. Everyone thinks there you’re boss and the women are old bitter and jealous of young upcoming stylist they have nothing but there mouth and eyes to look at them & talk about them while they cut it’s a disgusting environment
Pros
Discount products, tips
Cons
Long hours jealous co workers and bossy people
Only good if you want to get out of bhind the chair and move into corp
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Lisbon, CTJanuary 21, 2019
As a stylist the haircuttery is only a last resort place to work or the begging of a career. Not a place to hold a career over time unless you do training or move up the latter.
Pros
Your clientel become very close
Cons
they want a lot of work for little money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hair Cuttery Salon. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss