Hair Cuttery Salon Employee Reviews

Very stressfull
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist/ management (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLOctober 15, 2018
The company is very demanding. I worked at the okeechobee branch . I have not been there in 3 years so I do not know anything about what goes on there anymore
Great for building yourself
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2018
Great way to build yourself Offer classes and a lot of education. Color classes hair cutting class . Also offer ways to move up in the company and travel
The worst job I have ever had. Cannot express how disappointing this experience was
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDOctober 7, 2018
It was exhausting, for minimum wage.Lots of responsibility for minimum wage and no appreciation. Everything about it was not even close to what is presented in job post.
fun work place
Hairstylist & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 3, 2018
Great place to gain experience in the hair industry and customer service skills as well as retail experience. The free continuous education is great bonus in spite of the pay scale not being the greatest.
fast paced over worked drama filled salon
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 2, 2018
They worked you so hard an they only cared about how much retail you sold or how much you were upselling to the clients they did not like you to only do a haircut they pushed you to upsell anything you could and if you didnt upsell enough you would lose your job. the managment was very rude an did not care to much about employees they only cared about getting as many clients in an out as fast as they could.
fast paced
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 29, 2018
good clean place to work, not much room to advance in the job. Has okay amount of walkin clients, easy to start at right after beauty school. good salon prices.
Very burnt out do to bad management
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NJSeptember 26, 2018
Looking for someplace new to work and a job that’s more rewarding. I have been with the company a year and we have gone through 3 different managers.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Productive workplace
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 24, 2018
Overall great starter job for those coming directly from beauty school. Opportunities are available for advancing educational purposes in that particular field
Pros
Tips
Cons
Decline in business frequently
Productive and fun workplace
HAIRSTYLIST (Current Employee) –  BaltimoteSeptember 23, 2018
I like the way we work as a team. The management team and the coworkers are very friendly. The location is a study pace location where the clients are consistent.
Pros
Free educational classes
Cons
No stock
Fun, always laughter
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLSeptember 17, 2018
A great place to work out, and nice patient customers, customers come in with smile on their faces and ready to get their hair done, an area i can be myself at
Pros
Not strict very casual and chill
Cons
Short break down
Not worth it
Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJSeptember 11, 2018
Haircuttery was slow and not able to make money with minimum wage the managers were bounced around and unable to properly take care of the salon It’s an ok place to start and build experience but deffinitally not for the long run
Fun and productive work environment.
Asst. Manager/Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 9, 2018
Structure, concerned about employees, training, education, motivation, vision, all employees on the same page.

Cares who manages and willing to do what it takes to get you where you need to be. Feel that every job needs to be operated the same way.

Great pay, always business, enough money and clients for everyone.
Overall Review
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, VASeptember 5, 2018
There was lots of room to advance in the company although managers did not make much more than regular employees. I was quickly promoted to management. The hardest part of the job was meeting company standards where the company based on commission rate was always higher even in management. In order to make enough money, employees would have to work full time hours. Standing for long periods of time and no fatigue mats were provided. Benefits packages were expensive. The workplace culture was fmaily oriented and the district manager placed required meetings even on your days off.
Pros
Great location for walk in clientele
Cons
lack of security and workplace safety equipment.
The corporation is horrible. You are just a number to them.
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 3, 2018
Do not expect to make a decent salary unless you want to work 80 hours a week
The health care is expensive yet does not cover much

The company changes policies to often

The only good thing about working there is the awesome coworkers
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
No possible way to support a family on the salary. Unless you work 90 hours a qeek
Great walk-in based salon
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 3, 2018
Great starter job for someone just getting out of cosmetology school and looking to build a clientele. Busy on most days but when it was slow we just sat around. pay is commission based + Tips. We got to keep all our tips to ourselves which was great on busy days but the downside is if you don’t sale their retail there’s no chance in getting bonuses or even half your pay. Upper management could have been a little better. Overall I had an okay experience working at Haircuttery for the 5 years that I did. I built an excellent client and great relationships with my coworkers.
Pros
A lot of clientele/walkins
Cons
Could have better benefits
Productive salon
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAAugust 29, 2018
Working was pretty good except for days there was no coverage at the end of my shift. Salon manager at the time was not concerned with scheduling when we notified her that no one was coming in once the day shift was done
Co workers make the job better
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 27, 2018
Company sucks they dont care bout the employees just how you can make them more money
Stations are to close to each other
District leader is not professional with being in contact with employees
Slower location
Salon Manager/Stylist/Colorist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2018
Very slow location with poor upper management. Salon was understaffed so days were very long. I was the salon manager so it was great interacting with clients. (such as corporate leaders and district managers)
Pros
talented stylists
Cons
low pay, slow location
not a fan
stylist (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILAugust 14, 2018
The owners at our business were not good. Lots of stress, low pay.

I really felt that this was a good company until things went bad. My owner started yelling at random times because she wasn't making money. Not a good environment.
Had it’s ups and downs
Cosmetologist/Color Consultant (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLAugust 8, 2018
It had its ups and downs but that’s with any job. The pay was good, advancement and rewards were excellent. Education was amazing. Great for a stylist starting out in the industry or winding down in their career.
Pros
Education, benefits
Cons
No breaks, worked avg of 60 hours per week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hair Cuttery Salon. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss