Hair Cuttery Salon Employee Reviews

Fun productive place to work
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLDecember 6, 2018
Was paid pretty well enjoy the color line good products study workflow easy to balance home life with work advancement opportunities and continuing education
Bad management terrible pay
Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJDecember 5, 2018
Not good management the pay was not good either very very cutthroat place to work people steal your stuff out of your drawers and use it while you’re not at work fire you for no reason when you were out on doctors note and where is terribly ill at the time not a good manager there
Pros
Not good
Cons
Not good
Great place to build.
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 16, 2018
Hair Cuttery is a great place to build clientele fast if you are skillful. I built a pretty solid book in 2 years but keep in mind that the customers who are brought in by Hair Cuttery are their clients not yours. If you decide to work at another salon keep it to yourself. They will fire you on the spot and you can't take the clients with you legally. If they follow you that's one thing. If you are coming out of cosmetology school this is a good place to gain skills.
Hair Cuttery does not have a really good reputation but I can assure you that some of the best stylists work at these places. So, I give Hair Cuttery a gold star as an employee because honestly they are always trying to find ways to make the stylists more money without killing the customers pockets. Their blueprint for success actually works if you stick to it.
Not for me
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLNovember 8, 2018
Only if you’re fresh out of school and there are no other options. If you want to be your own receptionist, shampoo girl, assistant, cleaning lady, and work long hours and bring home a small paycheck. It’s all about quantity not quality.
Pros
Steady walk ins
Cons
Mostly clipper cuts
good starting place
Manager/ Hair (Former Employee) –  stafford vaNovember 5, 2018
Good for hairdresser starting out , Hard to make bouses and too many employees at one location with alot of salon politics . Hours and breaks can be difficult .
Pros
comission
Cons
poor benefits
Fast paced environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INNovember 3, 2018
A typical day at work was fast paced. The hardest part of the job was keeping the smile on my face when we had a disgruntled guest in the salon. The most enjoyable part was being able to meet new people everyday and helping them achieve a look they were wanting.
Pros
meeting new people
management
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VANovember 2, 2018
manger lets the friends get the hours and days they want to work or have off ..why cant you have set hours and take appt ,,have a way to complain about whats going on in the salon with out it coming back on you then that makes for unfreindly place to work...free place to text would be nice ....
Pros
like what i do
Cons
not enough money
Good Position
Professional Hair Stylist Hair Cuttery (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 2, 2018
 Provide beauty consultant and salon services to clients
 Operate cash register to receive payments from customers
do hair cut, colors, highlights, updo...
fun place
Part Time Stylist (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 1, 2018
Its a fast paced turn and burn....You cut and color hair as expected. You can earn commission on product sales and are offered continued education hours. Nice people work in their salons. Always busy
Unorganized & Poor Management
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 26, 2018
I had worked at hair cuttery for about a year . Although they pay you for training I had to drive 30-45min for some days.. sometimes they would change your schedule without warning you , and they never hadthw schedule printed out 3 weeks in advanced! One time they printed the schedule on Sunday (my day off) and expected me to know I worked that following Monday... the supervisor was very forgiving but they aren’t involved enough with the hiring process :(
Managers always called people out and sent people home for dress code (which was ALL BLACK or GREY)
No jeans , no other colors , had to be solid ... nothing with laces in the shoe -_- just too many restrictions
Pros
Discounts were beneficial...
Cons
They always charged people with curly hair MORE, saying it was tangled off rip without even getting involved, and they’d always not speak to certain guest ...

Want to know more about Hair Cuttery Salon?

Ask a question
Awful Management
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLOctober 24, 2018
After being mistreated by management and upper management for over a year, I would never work here again. It is amazing that a company preaches love and family but allow their management to bully the younger stylists. I have been treated poorly and doubted for going back to college. I have been gaslighted with my schedule, where they make the schedule then change it on my day off so I miss my shift. They then write me up for it. I have been ignored and yelled at in front of clients. I am constantly told I'm not a good/fast enough employee. I have never seen another stylist written up except for me, and when I am written up for something they make it an ordeal with the other stylists; then they throw the write-up slips away and don't send them to HR. I have been threatened multiple times. Plus not only are you working until 9 at night, but there's only 2 stylists closing on busy nights. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Cons
management, stressful, late hours
Good for first job
Hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILOctober 22, 2018
Overall it was ok, it was Pretty slow except for saturdays. It was a good job just to start out be definitley not a place go stay. You're not valued .
Pros
Relaxed when slow, classes are free, tips
Cons
Family emergencies dont matter, people will take clients within 10 mins left of the day and youre not allowed to leave, they take advantage if youre new, not up to code standards, dont stick to your availability, Manager never asked for proof of my license, or citizenship documents etc & ended up having me do paperwork on myself that she should have done
Current Employee
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Fox Lake, ILOctober 18, 2018
This particular location pretty much went through an overhaul and from what I understand is a much better working environment. We are fully staffed and the management team is amazing and really on the ball. They really help with self promotion as well as social media promotion. All the girls are positive and encouraging and there is a good range in experience from women in the industry for over 20 years to girls just out of school. Everyone is crazy supportive and really work well together. I am really glad I came back and have these amazing girls as my team mates.
Pros
Benefits for full time employees, unlimited commission possibilities
Very stressfull
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist/ management (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLOctober 15, 2018
The company is very demanding. I worked at the okeechobee branch . I have not been there in 3 years so I do not know anything about what goes on there anymore
Great for building yourself
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2018
Great way to build yourself Offer classes and a lot of education. Color classes hair cutting class . Also offer ways to move up in the company and travel
The worst job I have ever had. Cannot express how disappointing this experience was
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDOctober 7, 2018
It was exhausting, for minimum wage.Lots of responsibility for minimum wage and no appreciation. Everything about it was not even close to what is presented in job post.
fun work place
Hairstylist & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 3, 2018
Great place to gain experience in the hair industry and customer service skills as well as retail experience. The free continuous education is great bonus in spite of the pay scale not being the greatest.
fast paced over worked drama filled salon
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 2, 2018
They worked you so hard an they only cared about how much retail you sold or how much you were upselling to the clients they did not like you to only do a haircut they pushed you to upsell anything you could and if you didnt upsell enough you would lose your job. the managment was very rude an did not care to much about employees they only cared about getting as many clients in an out as fast as they could.
fast paced
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 29, 2018
good clean place to work, not much room to advance in the job. Has okay amount of walkin clients, easy to start at right after beauty school. good salon prices.
Very burnt out do to bad management
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NJSeptember 26, 2018
Looking for someplace new to work and a job that’s more rewarding. I have been with the company a year and we have gone through 3 different managers.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hair Cuttery Salon. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight