Hair Cuttery Salon Employee Reviews

I had fun for the most part working there
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 21, 2018
The thing about Hair salons is that they are pretty much all the same. It is physical work, a lot of standing, a lot of keeping your arms up and moving, keeping your hands moving and it gets very loud in a busy shop. It takes a toll on your body.

This is a job for young, talented, and creative women who are in good shape. This is not a job that one is going to get rich from and it is not a job that one is going to stay at for a long time.

Haircuttery is a good company to work for... I would still be there if I had not had other family obligations to attend to out of state.
Pros
Good company, fair
Cons
Hard physical work
Productive and high energy atmosphere
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 21, 2018
The Hair Cuttery is a great place to work because they provide continuous education, you’re always working, and it’s an amazing atmosphere to work in.
productive and fun place to work
Licensed Cosmetologist/Sales Leader/Master Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tappahannock, VAJune 18, 2018
hair cuttery is a great place to start off with your cosmetology career! it was a fun and productive place to start my career in cosmetology. management was great my second time working there.
Was a very friendly work envirment
Cosmetologist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 16, 2018
I loved working for the company. They provided continuing education hours for their employees to take. I loved the girls that I worked with, Unfortunately being a single mom the hours just didn't work for me. I did work for the company for sixteen years,
stylist
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 13, 2018
take walk-in clients and perform different services based on the clients wants and needs. used various products and knowledge on the different products
Fun work place
Stylist (Former Employee) –  North Cape May, NJJune 8, 2018
Hair cuttery is an amazing company to work for but the pay is commission based and is determined by the frequency of clients it is hard to rely on steady sales
Fun workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 31, 2018
Good work place, meet a lot of new and different people every day. It is nice to be able to make someone who hates there hair feel so much better about there hair by just spending some time and adding some color, seeing people leave so happy is why I love this iob
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not enough hours
productive, fast pace work place
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VA 22025May 30, 2018
It was an fast paced work environment, very nice customers, management needs work. Its a great place to start as a new stylist to build clientele, and to learn new techniques.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
healthcare, no paid time off
No thank you
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Severna Park, MDMay 22, 2018
The company makes employees attend mandatory meetings in which you do not get paid for but they tell you you get paid with PTO which effects your ROP and you get paid less for your PTO time. Clever and it is against the law. Not bad to start out at a hair stylist. Build your book then leave.
Not a place to work
COSMETOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 19, 2018
No paid breaks, you are not paid for mandatory meetings, you receive no benefits or the benefits that are offered are so expensive that it really isn't an option. Employees come in when they feel like, even if they are on the schedule they simply don't show up or show up still intoxicated or hung over. The atmosphere was extremely unprofessional. Customers were often ignored.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, little to no vacation, horriable benefits, poor management
Extremely bad work environment
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAMay 19, 2018
Although there are a lot of fun times/clients and you can make reasonably good money,it’s a terrible place to work at.
Snarky,backstabbing coworkers and no management.
Could work much better if there would be a competent manager on staff,one that would actually be present most of the work week.
Rampant client stealing,lying to clients,exreme upselling and overcharging.
Much stress due to the many things you have to do while servicing clients.The clients don’t get quality time in your chair,because you have to answer phone,greet,signin clients,ring up,constant interruption.
Benefits ok,schedule ok,but hard to take time off.They ask a lot of you and nobody helps.No teamwork,everyone working against each other.
Can recommend for stylist with a tough attitude
Pros
Busy
Fun working place
Master Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Spotsylvania, VAMay 16, 2018
Loved everyone that I have worked with and for. Such a great company to work for. Treats you with the most respect.
You build your clientele fast with your great skills and personality.
Pros
Earned paid trips
Cons
short breaks
Always hiring but disorganized
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Potomac, MDMay 15, 2018
This job always hires which is efficient because they employee a lot of people. My experience here started off well but turned into someplace I disliked going to. It is quantity over quality. Too fast and impersonal, and too demanding.
Pros
Tips, Client Conversation, Doing Hair
Cons
Long Hours, Low Pay, Poor Management
Favorite Salon
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VA 22554May 10, 2018
I have done hair dressing for many years and this salon was by far the best to work at. It was easy money if you know what you're doing and even beginners have great opportunities to learn and excel. Both salon leaders were very accommodating as I had many health issues to deal with. Everyone was a team player with minimal drama. And although I wasn't with the company very long, I know they have some forms of insurance. Everyone was treated fairly and given equal chances to grow and express their passion for hair.
Pros
Fun, fast paced, good money
Cons
Small work space, not a lot of downtime, always on your feet
great place to spend your career
SALON MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMay 6, 2018
great company with great benefits. Its hard to find hair salons that offer as much benefits. At Hair Cuttery it is easy to advance and so many paths to choose from
Pros
great company
Cons
could use a better compansation plan
You need to be really passionate
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 6, 2018
I liked that stylists helped each other. Good job if you are passionate. the hardest job was dealing with any unsatisfied customers. our motto was to keep every customer satisfied so we tried our best.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
set schedule
Hairstylist
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJ 08096April 30, 2018
I love my career in this industry. I get to interact with new people from various walks of life on a daily basis. I get to be creative. I educate clients on products and services. I cut, style, wax, apply color.
great
Assistant Salon Leader/ Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Brooklawn, NJApril 30, 2018
I love my job, unfortunately I had to relocate so I am unable to maintain this career. Also this location is too far from where I am currently. If I could have stayed I would have.
Great job!
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MD 20850April 26, 2018
I loved working here straight out of cosmetology school. The location was very nice and therefore had many customers. The mangers and workers are energetic and made me feel at home.
Horrible , stressful, no team workplace
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Silver springs blvd ocala flApril 22, 2018
It was more of a cut throat salon in Silver Springs Ocala Fl. No Team effort . Assisant Manager was partial to some employees . It was only certain ones doing clean up work & stocking shelves.
HORRIBLE few weeks I worked there. The Manager was awesome however she wasn't there often, & Assisant Manager NEEDS MORE TRAINING & EXPERIENCE in my opinion.
Pros
Easy to build regular clients
Cons
Assiant manager showed favortisim

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hair Cuttery Salon. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight