Hair Saloon For Men

Hair Saloon For Men Employee Reviews

fast paced
Fast paced, co workers are divas. Managers tend to play favorites. Many times you may find your co workers talking behind your back, so share as little information with co workers as possible
Cutting and styling hair.
It can become a fun habit to pick up and use outside of work. It also a family and a committed choice to interact with people and find out people best intrest when it comes to there hair.
Poor Management
The building was run by poor management who were unable to successfully run a salon. I was lucky to get any breaks at all during the work day, no matter how long I was there.
I worked at the Hair Saloon in Webster Groves for 5 years and it was such an amazing job.
I was a receptionist, and the store was always extremely busy. We would get over 12 walk ins per day and our book was always filled. This made my job fun because I always had something to do. The work environment was great. My two managers were so funny and chill. Everyone in the store got along. Overall just a very great place to work!
Don’t work here
Hair saloon in Fairview wants to hire stylist for an extremely slow salon- which the owner who works in marketing doesn’t market the salon, only pay minimum wage, expect us to make tips when there is only 2-3 walk ins on some shifts. I paid 20k for school I should make more than minimum wage, tips are not a requirement so why is that a part of my pay scale in a profession I paid this much to go to school to do. The owner is a joke, he doesn’t know how to run a salon. Things are broken and they won’t fix them cause he is cheap. The manager is a girl the owner knows from his neighborhood and then her best friend is also a manger. Neither really care about their job and it shows. They hire in all their friends who sleep on the clock, come in hungover, or just didn’t show up all the time. I’m surprised this place has lasted.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Don't.
Awful pay divided up among three workers so that you only get four hour shifts maybe three times a week. They expect you to be busy every moment you're on your shift even in the lulls that naturally come with running a business.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
no breaks, awful pay
Not a bad job
It wasn't a terrible job to work at. However there was always drama and they would schedule me when outside of my availability. I think I got paid around $9 and got a raise after 5 or 6 months of working with the company.
Was a great high school job
Worked very well when I was in high school. Tried to continue but the compensation was not great. Spent a few years there and never got a raise despite being relied on for more than my job description.
Its okay for a part time job for extra income
Can be fun but can also be stressful. Most of the clients that come in are pretty nice but you have those few that feel they can speak to you any way they please. Of course that is any job you work at. The stylists are usually pretty nice and helpful if needed. All in all, its just like any other customer service position with some added receptionist duties like answering phones or setting appointments.
Pros
Stylists are fun people to be around
Cons
Can get very hectic
Not recommended for those seeking competitive pay
I love the atmosphere and my coworkers. It is the corporate office that is the issue. The stylists are not paid a competitive wage. And the full-time and part-time receptionists, forget about it. They start a full time daytime receptionist at $10/hr and part time is $8. It's the only job a person should need to have, but who can live on $10/hr. They feel like they are really helping you by giving you .25 to .50 cent raises per year. Wow! To have to work 40 hours a week and still consider a second job to make ends meet doesn't make for long time employees.
Pros
Great store staff. Loyal clientele. Fun atmosphere.
Cons
Super short breaks, health insurance is far too expensive to balance on what you are paid.
Fine Starter Job, Otherwise don't Recommend
It's a cool concept and overall a pretty nice location. I like my coworkers and the manager is okay. However-- the receptionist at the location gets paid a measly $8, which is thirty cents above minimum wage and is purely a pittance. The owners need to care about their staff more and pay them a LIVING wage.
Good place for a first job as a receptionist
Fun environment. Being the receptionist here is the perfect job for a high school kid trying to make some money with hours that aren't too long and won't get off too late in the evening.
Pros
off sundays, not open too late
Cons
some early weekend shifts
Concept is great, pay is not
The franchise itself is a great concept and many customers are regulars due to the fact that it has a relaxing environment and the upscale look, however the pay for employees is not enough to live comfortably.
Pros
Great clientele, friendly, upscale
Cons
Pay, poor management
Rude Managers, Rude and condescending coworkers, easy job
Easy job for what it is, if you can tune people out you'll do fine.
A lot of drama from grown adults. They all play the favorite game. It's all political and creates a hostile work environment
Pros
Easy
Cons
rude coworkers
i worked here
this is a place that you can work as a cosmetologist. Good luck! Also I have a minimum amount of letters to write. that is all. Good luck again!!!!!!!
Slow at Best
Working as a shoe caddy, your workday is slow. Occasionally a customer might come in for you to shine their shoes, or they may just drop them off for you to shine while they're getting a haircut. When you weren't shining shoes, you would be doing laundry or sweeping hair. Easy job, however not entertaining in the slightest.
Great place to working
It was a great high school job a great first job. The management was always helpful and supportive when needed. Family environment and everyone seemed to enjoy their jobs.
Productive work place. Learned a lot being that it was first salon job
Great company, I loved talking with clients and seeing them on a monthly basis. I feel like the clients like the private rooms and the men's product lines
Pros
there was alway someone willing to teach you something new with the company
Cons
Uniforms
workplace culture
It wasn't much of a challenging job. The management didn't seem to care much about the business. There was a lot of drama with how the rules were and it wasn't a pleasant atmosphere It is no longer a business in NC.
Pros
I had good working hours at the time
Cons
poor management
i enjoy working with my co-workers and going in everyday
* Its fast pace and i love to be busy.
* I have learned some better ideas on how to sell products.

* The hardest part of my job is getting people to understand the products they use does make a difference on how easy/hard it is to style your hair, how healthy it is, and on how how dry their scalp gets.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
not enough hours
Hair Saloon For Men
I'd love working there and it was exciting because I was independent. I like the payment and it was close by my place of where I am living.