Hajoca Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good company and nice people at branch
INSIDE SALES/COUNTER (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PAJune 15, 2018
I enjoyed coming into work everyday and see what the day and challenges would bring.The hardest thing was dealing with the old man at the counter. The manager and co workers were very helpful.
Great Place to Grow
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMay 31, 2018
I absolutely loved my time at Hajoca! Unfortunately, due to the organization being relatively flat, I was promoted out of the business due to a change in vision on how they define "Satellite" locations. However, I am proud to have been part of the team and love the leadership! I learned a lot and grew into a better leader!
Big Company, Family Feel
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMay 29, 2018
While Hajoca is a multi-million dollar company, it is very autonomous allowing each branch to find its own way and take on risk as if a small independently owned business. Beyond the respect for business decisions, the culture as a whole from branch to branch is one of pride and great respect and caring between teammates. I never believed there would be such a culture with a company so large, however, Hajoca has created something truly wonderful.
Pros
Free meals, great management, training opportunities
Cons
work/life balance can be difficult for some individuals
Fast paced company with rewarding culture for hard workers
Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMay 29, 2018
On the Profit Center level, work is fast paced, rewarding, and a fun environment where each branch feels like a family. Lots of opportunities to be an important member of the team and contribute to decision making in every position. The company wants everyone to grow and develop so there are lots of training and advancement opportunities. Corporate is also very down to earth.
Great Company!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVMay 25, 2018
I have been working for Hajoca for three years and it is a great company. They have invested in my development and showed me what I can achieve. From the very top management, people development is number one for Hajoca. This helps us be the best in customer service and grow our business in many different markets.
Pros
Professional Development Opportunities, Relationship Selling, Autonomy
Cons
There are some cons to a decentralized culture, but they are outweighed by benefits.
Good Company Core Culture / Poor Branch Culture
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaMay 23, 2018
The company culture was great, unfortunately the Regional and Branch management were more sales driven than people driven. I would highly recommend Hajoca and it's sister companies if you work outside of Southern California.
productive fast paced office and warehouse
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMay 18, 2018
Environment is fun to be in but management finds it difficult to settle with one idea. Really good company to work for if you are a team player and can handle the stress.
great atmosphere
Delivery Driver/Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 10, 2018
good atmosphere to work in just change of management was poor new management try to change everything lack of communication to warehouse and not enough
Pros
hour lunch good supervisor
Cons
lotta work not enough resources
no advancement
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 7, 2018
terrible management, was lied to and told of advancing when it was mnever intended. manager was not trained and had no clue what he was doing. this manager never knew anything about plumbing and would rely on people who knew the real way to install different applications
Pros
fun
Cons
no pay
No extra activatives or sports provided
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 7, 2018
I opened my current list of suggested purchase orders, reviewed them and converted the ones that were good and viable orders. after lunch, I reviewed as many lines as possible to update software maintenance to help the system purchase smoothly.

Want to know more about Hajoca Corporation?

Ask a question
Needs improvement
Warehouse Associate/Substitute Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 4, 2018
Not a "team" atmosphere. Departmental communication is very lacking. If a problem comes up that only upper management can resolve, you can check two days later and the issue is still apparent.
Pros
Strict work schedule
Cons
Slow to respond to problem solving
Great work place
Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles C.AMarch 11, 2018
Hajoca is an awesome place to work. its a very great learning environment and teaches you a lot about the plumbing industry. At the end of each physical year what ever profit the branch make you get a part of the profit. It is the most bonus i have ever received from any company. it also makes the workers push harder throughout the year.
It was fine
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 26, 2018
Honestly, it was really long hours. And god forbid if you walked in three minutes late, but then stayed two hours late. They only cared about the fact that you were three minutes late.
Good people, tough industry to thrive in today's business market.
Outside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PAFebruary 14, 2018
Hajoca is a nationwide family owned Plumbing, Heating and Industrial wholesaler, they have a total of 500 branches in the US. Each branch stands on its own with inventory and what they sell. Outside Sales requires working from home @ night to complete your quotes and orders on specialty items.
Pros
Purchased of Plumbing and Heating items when needed
Cons
Not alot of inside support on the technical end
Laid off
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Loved my job, until unexpectedly laid off. Had never been written up. Always showed up for work and on time. Busted my butt, never sat around during down time.
close knit profit center to work at
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2018
Everyone works together, great connection to vendors and customers. Employees communicate great with customers.Successful profit center with a great amount of business daily
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
no raise/flat pay rate for length with company
Commercial Credit Support (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 23, 2018
I was an intern at Hajoca in the credit department. I had a good experience. I learned a lot and everyone in the was kind and helpful. Most of the people I met at Hajoca have been there for a long time and enjoy working there.
Productive fun workplace
Warehouse Receiving (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PADecember 11, 2017
Great workplace, good hours, learned a lot, great management, family orientated, profit share, competitive pay and atmosphere. A place to grow and excellent service.
Great opportunity! Room for advancement
SCR Admin (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 6, 2017
Culture - entrepreneurial spirit in management training program
Each Manager sets the tone for their location. Team oriented. Growing and stable company..
Pros
Leadership team
OK Job, not a long term place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 28, 2017
small office only about 12 people, half related to each other in some way. Manager quit out of the blue over a year ago and everything fell apart. Everyone wanted to be in charge but no one wanted to be accountable.
Turn over is pretty high
Pros
off on weekends
Cons
small office only about 12 people, half related to each other in some way