Hajoca Corporation Employee Reviews

A lot of deception
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 17, 2019
After working there for years I was told I’d be moved up, on numerous occasions. Every time I was given a ridiculous excuse. The store manager is really the office manager. The store manager is clueless to what is going on with employees.
Most of the people here are great. But it is definitely not a fair environment. If you want to work for a company that makes you feel like you do not matter, this is where you should go.
Pros
I love my customers
Cons
Lack of training. Lack of communication. Poor management
Inside sales associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 21, 2018
worked out for the time being.was a temporary job and was monitored by offsite management lessoning advancement for opportunity .heavy favoritism bad service
Pros
Cons
everything
a good place to work
Truck driver warehouse (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 29, 2018
this was a good place to work but at the time a lot of companies were cutting back and they were one of them and I was the last person hired in this position.
Pros
good benefits and hours
Cons
laid off
Very poor management
Sales (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 15, 2018
It starts from the top. JC is unimpressive...some PS ‘profit centers’ are bleeding $$. Hajoca boasts as being ‘decentralized’....running each PC as if it was your own business. There are several PC’s in the New England area that need a ‘wake up’ call....especially 454. Once Hajoca Corp aquires a business / company, they have the tendency to put ‘management trainees’ into positions that are above their ability. Everyday work culture was very low...no support from ‘management’....specifically from ST and BS.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Expensive health plan. Poor management.
Hajoca richmond profit center
Lead Outside Sales Executive/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 16, 2018
Typical day at work is very rigorous, yet possibly rewarding. I have learned how not to run a business unlike any businesses I have managed before. Management is very lackadaisical and unresponsive. Due to management, workplace culture (morale) is very low due to fear of management. The hardest part of the job is meeting management compliance in order to fulfill set goals. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting customer needs and managing projects to meet their expectations.
Pros
Managing projects and working hand in hand with clientele
n/a
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Taylors, SCOctober 11, 2018
no comment n/a long days and not enouph pay and some of the trucks are un safe to drive and no help when loading up to go back out in the afternoon run and no time for lunch
Pros
no lunch
Cons
long days
Good Place to work
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, PAOctober 1, 2018
It is a busy day, and you need to learn fast in order to keep up with the amount of work that comes in on a daily basis. Make sure to ask questions and understand what you are doing to avoid errors. Great place to work!
good place to work
Accounts Receivable / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 28, 2018
I answered phones, did accounts receivable, assisted with whatever needed to be done. Helped with inventory every year. The job was a fairly easy job with very little stress.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2018
no advancement at all need more better attitude and if aomeone is dieing at the hospital they ahouldnt fire them they should try to help instead of malong things worse
Good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 10, 2018
The owners were friendly and very supportive of family needs they also had a very good pay structure and very good at their employees and always gave them the benefit of the doubt I would recommend any delivery person to work there.
Great Place for Millennials
MDP Trainee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2018
Hajoca is a great company to work for. if you are a millennial looking to begin a career this is the place for you. My experience with the company was short lived. I was placed in a profit center going through major transitions. The profit center manger that hired me took another position the week I started. I was not integrated in the program like my fellow Trainees into their new profit centers. The manager was then replaced by someone who felt like I was not worthy of the position I was in. I worked over and beyond tirelessly to save my job without any true training, while still working to develop in the areas I needed to move on. I wish I could go back in time and get HR involved much earlier instead of working diligently to change the mind of an individual who had it in his mind the position was not for me. I went through a lot and I can honestly say the position challenged me and taught me a lot. I know now that I got the short of the stick, so my advice to you is to speak up if something isn't right. All in all great place to work avoid Cowan Supply if you can, try not to be placed here if you are in the South East Region.
Pros
good company
Cons
Profit center placement
Efficient work place
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 16, 2018
Good company with strong roots and wide reach nation-wide. They really let you work on your own. They provide basic training in the first few weeks and then leave you to gtow on your own after that.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Salaray and advancement
Poor management
warehouse (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 31, 2018
No one is accountable for their actions. No proper procedures put into place. Management pays no attention to the problems, just pump out orders. Its all about the money
Pros
Better than being unemployed
Cons
Unfair pay scale, overworked
Good company and nice people at branch
INSIDE SALES/COUNTER (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PAJune 15, 2018
I enjoyed coming into work everyday and see what the day and challenges would bring.The hardest thing was dealing with the old man at the counter. The manager and co workers were very helpful.
Very Little Money
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 3, 2018
Loved my manager and my co-workers. Our customers were the best. Very little pay and small to no room for growth. If my bills allowed me, I would have never left working there.
Great Place to Grow
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMay 31, 2018
I absolutely loved my time at Hajoca! Unfortunately, due to the organization being relatively flat, I was promoted out of the business due to a change in vision on how they define "Satellite" locations. However, I am proud to have been part of the team and love the leadership! I learned a lot and grew into a better leader!
Big Company, Family Feel
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMay 29, 2018
While Hajoca is a multi-million dollar company, it is very autonomous allowing each branch to find its own way and take on risk as if a small independently owned business. Beyond the respect for business decisions, the culture as a whole from branch to branch is one of pride and great respect and caring between teammates. I never believed there would be such a culture with a company so large, however, Hajoca has created something truly wonderful.
Pros
Free meals, great management, training opportunities
Cons
work/life balance can be difficult for some individuals
Fast paced company with rewarding culture for hard workers
Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMay 29, 2018
On the Profit Center level, work is fast paced, rewarding, and a fun environment where each branch feels like a family. Lots of opportunities to be an important member of the team and contribute to decision making in every position. The company wants everyone to grow and develop so there are lots of training and advancement opportunities. Corporate is also very down to earth.
Great Company!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVMay 25, 2018
I have been working for Hajoca for three years and it is a great company. They have invested in my development and showed me what I can achieve. From the very top management, people development is number one for Hajoca. This helps us be the best in customer service and grow our business in many different markets.
Pros
Professional Development Opportunities, Relationship Selling, Autonomy
Cons
There are some cons to a decentralized culture, but they are outweighed by benefits.
Good Company Core Culture / Poor Branch Culture
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaMay 23, 2018
The company culture was great, unfortunately the Regional and Branch management were more sales driven than people driven. I would highly recommend Hajoca and it's sister companies if you work outside of Southern California.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hajoca Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.