Haks Employee Reviews

Inspired to always do my best
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 20, 2018
Ive been with HAKS for two years.
I receive support, when needed, from co-workers at the corporate office as well as other branches. We are like a family which is professional, ethical and dedicated.
Excellent learning environment
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
Learnt extensive amount of information regarding all types of project both public and private and provided excellent support to the management via most advance techniques.
Pros
Free breakfast on Fridays
Cons
no job descriptions for major roles
Positive learning enviornment with room for growth
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 13, 2018
Haks construction company was a place that I was able to learn more about a field that was new to me. I took a lot away from the opportunity and like the construction field. The management was good just wish they were more up to date technology wise lol. Overall the staff and assignments were pretty cool and always left for a day of wonder and excitement.
Pros
Weren't your typical workdays
Cons
You may be working in Massachusets or around the corner from your house you never know...
it is ok to work there
Drafter/ designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2018
the location is very good, it is easy to get from many places.
My manager was good but CEO need to be more objective and less listen obvious flatteries words
Pros
free breakfast Friday
Cons
Short breaks
The worst company ever
Architectural Designer II (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYDecember 25, 2017
They will make you work over time 20 hours per week,not paid. There is deadline every Friday without a break or just normal speed. .very low quality level of production. Very stressful..people hate (including your boss) you for no reason..you can not please the manager at all. You are never good enough no matter how hard you work. This is not a professional office.. they don't care about the quality... The company has no reputation to protect.

The company is writing their own reviews and you get caught..once you go in you have no time to get out from been on constant unrealistic deadlines and pushing to the end . The hire and fired after they used you all of it ..or you quit on your own..they will trash you and talk loud so you can hear how the boss is trashing you..it is done on perpose ..so you can hear how much he is disappointed and how bad you did again and that you will be punished very soon.
Unbelievable.. very scary place to work..
Relaxing work place
Material Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 1, 2017
Being a tech for haks was a good job. Some days were a struggle and other day were relaxing. The management was good and they gave me good benefits as well. The pay could have been better.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Low pay
Nice Place to work
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2017
Nice place and people. Relaxed Management style but also lack of growth and training. Projects mostly consist of government sector. The company is improving each year.
Benefits
Cons
Slow Progress
Nice Christmas Party
Senior Mechanical Engineer -Facilities Design (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2017
One of the best companies' I have ever worked for and incredibly caring about their employees. It was a productive and fun workplace with a lot of lunch and learn throughout the year.
Fun workplace for Interns
Environmental Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Wall Street, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Diverse environment, informative mentors, and helpful resources. The amount of work interns get to experience is perfect to get a taste of what an engineer does.
Poor Management
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 26, 2017
I was one of many marketing coordinators hired in the Miami office. There is truly a huge disconnect between Miami and corporate in New York. There were barriers and walls created between Miami and the other S. Atlantic regional offices and personnel. I highly recommend DO NOT working at HAKS.
Solid Place to work for
Construction Materials Inspector (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJuly 21, 2017
They were a solid company to work for. They always encouraged their employees to excel and do their best. Management was always supportive of their employees.
Family atmosphere
Financial Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 7, 2017
Good place to work with management who also knows the work. Many repeated clients. Company believe in continue education time paid by company. Very good salary.
Unfair Compensation
Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJune 20, 2017
There are employees who make more than those who are in management. Im constantly having to work every weekend while the employees were supposed to rotate weekends.
Good work place
Financial Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2017
Excellent place to start a career, to develop your future. With good family principles. Employee's are company resources and company values. Good benefit for family.
Very fast paced work environment
Accounts Payable/Billing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2017
From the time I walked into the office I was busy all day. Sometimes not taking lunch just so I can catch up to my work. In the office you had to know how to multi-task, but at the end of the day you feel needed. I love it when a company depends on you. It just makes me want to work harder.
Pros
Working in NYC
Cons
Not enough room for advancements
Productive and descent workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2017
Helped me strengthen my communication style, coordinating events and booking travel for more than 800 employees. In addition, learned how to maximize my Excel skill and knowledge.
Pros
free lunches, 401k compensation and fun corporate events.
Cons
poor management skills and favoritism
Pleasant Working Conditions
Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2016
The hardest part of my work there was finding out what management was doing and what they wanted. I felt that when I went to meetings I did not know what went on and then when I spoke it was in ignorance of decisions made. I found it better to not talk.
Fun place to work for
Architectural Associate Building Inspector (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 6, 2016
Excellent place to work for. Lots of energy and always people on the go. Fun and energized people. Warming and friendly people.
no future for someone who's very productive
SPECIAL INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2016
I thought Haks was it but obviously it's not. I am very productive person and I hate when people are taking advantage of my intelligence while not willing to credit you for what you deserve.
Pros
make you think that your future is secure
Cons
Spend all the money that you earn on travel expenses
Great place to work for
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2016
There is a group of nice people. The company offers a nice benefits package. It is an easy commute, trains are within walking distance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Haks. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight