Haks Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent learning environment
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
Learnt extensive amount of information regarding all types of project both public and private and provided excellent support to the management via most advance techniques.
Pros
Free breakfast on Fridays
Cons
no job descriptions for major roles
Positive learning enviornment with room for growth
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 13, 2018
Haks construction company was a place that I was able to learn more about a field that was new to me. I took a lot away from the opportunity and like the construction field. The management was good just wish they were more up to date technology wise lol. Overall the staff and assignments were pretty cool and always left for a day of wonder and excitement.
Pros
Weren't your typical workdays
Cons
You may be working in Massachusets or around the corner from your house you never know...
The worst company ever
Architectural Designer II (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYDecember 25, 2017
They will make you work over time 20 hours per week,not paid. There is deadline every Friday without a break or just normal speed. .very low quality level of production. Very stressful..people hate (including your boss) you for no reason..you can not please the manager at all. You are never good enough no matter how hard you work. This is not a professional office.. they don't care about the quality... The company has no reputation to protect.

The company is writing their own reviews and you get caught..once you go in you have no time to get out from been on constant unrealistic deadlines and pushing to the end . The hire and fired after they used you all of it ..or you quit on your own..they will trash you and talk loud so you can hear how the boss is trashing you..it is done on perpose ..so you can hear how much he is disappointed and how bad you did again and that you will be punished very soon.
Unbelievable.. very scary place to work..
Nice Christmas Party
Senior Mechanical Engineer -Facilities Design (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2017
One of the best companies' I have ever worked for and incredibly caring about their employees. It was a productive and fun workplace with a lot of lunch and learn throughout the year.
Fun workplace for Interns
Environmental Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Wall Street, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Diverse environment, informative mentors, and helpful resources. The amount of work interns get to experience is perfect to get a taste of what an engineer does.
Poor Management
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 26, 2017
I was one of many marketing coordinators hired in the Miami office. There is truly a huge disconnect between Miami and corporate in New York. There were barriers and walls created between Miami and the other S. Atlantic regional offices and personnel. I highly recommend DO NOT working at HAKS.
Family atmosphere
Financial Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 7, 2017
Good place to work with management who also knows the work. Many repeated clients. Company believe in continue education time paid by company. Very good salary.
Good work place
Financial Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2017
Excellent place to start a career, to develop your future. With good family principles. Employee's are company resources and company values. Good benefit for family.
Productive and descent workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2017
Helped me strengthen my communication style, coordinating events and booking travel for more than 800 employees. In addition, learned how to maximize my Excel skill and knowledge.
Pros
free lunches, 401k compensation and fun corporate events.
Cons
poor management skills and favoritism
Pleasant Working Conditions
Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2016
The hardest part of my work there was finding out what management was doing and what they wanted. I felt that when I went to meetings I did not know what went on and then when I spoke it was in ignorance of decisions made. I found it better to not talk.

Want to know more about Haks?

Ask a question
Fun place to work for
Architectural Associate Building Inspector (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 6, 2016
Excellent place to work for. Lots of energy and always people on the go. Fun and energized people. Warming and friendly people.
excellent company to ork for
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 17, 2016
Haks is an excellent employer/company. Extremely professional, excellent staff in all branches of company state wide.
Where do they find these people?
Inspector (Former Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 13, 2015
Management is just worried about their six figure income. Field workers are treated like scum. Family picnic events are more important to management than their employees.
HAKS is a construction company located on Wall St
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2015
HAKS had different departments and I was in the Marketing Department. Our work hours would be from 8-5. The Marketing Department was not as big as compared to the other departments. I was responsible, for organizing files and resumes, as well as organizing and setting up balance sheets. I also learnt how to use inDesign to make charts. Other than that I would help out whichever employee in Marketing who would need me.
Full of Opportunity
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTFebruary 5, 2014
A typical day at work involves data entry, accounting, executive assistant tasks, scheduling and coordination. I have enhanced my multitasking skills and have learned to manage different types of people. My co-workers are a great group of people who I have developed a great working relationship with. The hardest part of my job is not being able to utilize my interpersonal skills and creativity to the level I would like, The most enjoyable part of my job is being a part of maintaining the safety of our infrastructure.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Communication
I suggest you think twice before working here
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 22, 2013
The company is great but the south mid-atlantic division has no plan, management is bad, lots of turn over due to management. There is two people from office team working as marketing coordinators now. It is really bad. I suggest a new Senior VP for that division that knows what he is doing and can communicate well with others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Haks. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight