HALCON Furniture
58Below average

HALCON Furniture Employee Reviews

Halcon was the great place work until the 19th of March. When I was informed I was now laid off due to clients pulling their orders from halcon, and I was a Low man on the totem pole. This couldn't have come at a worse time.
What an awesome company!Great Pay & Benefits They even have an onsite game room featuring a pool table, arcade games, shuffleboard, and pinball. #winning
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Game Room
Cons
A company who is fully willing to fire people under "employment at will" regardless of many positive reviews. Don't complain about inequality or you will likely just be terminated. The company would only like sheep to follow the herd. Keep your head down and youll do fine but don't have an opinion or you will reprimanded. They offer dumb small incentives to keep employees feeling cared about when all they really want is to be paid a fair wage. They attempt to look nice on paper but truly treat their employees with little to no care.
Pros
Neat product
Cons
No breaks, violates human resources, lack of respect from management
Job security and advancementHALCON has offered high job security and has been growing steadily. HALCON also offered an additional two weeks of free paid time off for ALL hourly factory workers earlier this year to help alleviate challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at HALCON Furniture is one of my favorite aspects of work. Everyone I work with is a team player and is happy and willing to help if asked. While culture can vary some from department-to-department, HALCON consistently has both a hard-working and fun culture. There are high standards of quality and we aim to be the very best. We also have awesome parties and there is even a game room for employees when the workday is done.OverallMy experience working at HALCON Furniture has been incredibly positive and I’m happy to be a part of the HALCON team.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Low pay. Constant revolving door of employees. Work overtime every day and every weekend. No balance of life/work. If there was you wouldn't make any money to enjoy your life.
The work is not real hard to do. Good place to work. There is always work there to do. The pay is resonable people are good to work with. I would consider working there again.
Friendly place but not menu perks. Didn't go out of their way to give their employees benefits. Only a fifteen and thirty minute break even at ten hour days.
Working for Halcon Furniture is a small company that has a friendly staff and close knit employee environment. The company has a high turnover rate and is hard to be promoted after employment.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Not much room for advancement from within'.
Depending on what your position is there is a lot to learn, and they will help you find the position that best fits you. In Veneer grading I found that math was a must for basic information and measurements. You work with your projects as they are given to you. Work must be accurate in order to not waste veneer, and to keep the quality of the finished product in top notch conditions. Halcon is known for its specific veneer designs and quality around the world.
It is a great job. Early hours, Monday through Friday. The benefits are good with Paid holidays. They stress safety, and enforce safety procedures. There is a lot of opportunity to work overtime.
You would love working there the people is good and they money is great I learned so much from just being there they make good merchandise for good company
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days
I’ve learned so much and made many friends that I can call family. They have good benefits they care for their employees, always try there best to help as much as they can. Yes, it can be stressful most of the times but you won’t regret working there. You learn so much if YOU put your mind to it and be there for your shifts! It was an honor to work them.
Beautiful products State of the art equipment they dont run because it’s too hard to train people quality managers all last 6 weeks or less stupid, careless mistakes are repeated over and over and over and..... Manufacturing should run on process and data, not relationships and assumptions
Amazing and fun job. Manger i have though is a jerk thats why im currently looking for a new job. He likes to favorite employees and thats just isnt right what so ever.
The work at HALCON is fast paced and exciting. The culture feels like family and there is a excellent work life balance. If you want to have fun and be challenged on a day-to-day basis with an award wining world class team then come and work for HALCON!
The only really negative things about this job are that (at least when I was there) hours could be pretty inconsistent. Some weeks you’d put in a 50 hour work week, and a 5 hour Saturday shift, some weeks were down to 25-30 hours of work. The other thing is upper management can be a bit disconnected, and some of the middle management spends a lot of time “fixing” problems. All of the department managers I’ve worked with are grade A though, so daily interactions are good. The people I worked with were some of the best people I know, everyone helps everyone. The work is different enough from project to project to keep it interesting. Could use another bathroom though.
Pros
Seriously great people, good pay and benefits
Cons
Inconsistent hours
I don't like that it is quick paced. I also don't like that we are shorted work most of the time. I barely get 40 hours a week. I don't have enough money to get out on my own.
halcon, was a new experience for me, but im glad i took on the job , taught me a few things that could be useful in the future and paid well. but the hardest part about the job too me is that its a long shift , so if your body isnt use to bein up working, moving, than it could be something u gotta get use to.
Halcon is a great place to work. I bring anyone I know that is looking for a job here. I currently am in a lead position, which is challenging in itself. I am a people person, so the best part of the job is dealing with other employees to find ways to improve production.
There are good days, and there are great days . I enjoy the challenge and the people so getting up and going to work is exciting .I left a job that was a daily struggle after 29 years. I know what it is like to go to work day after day to misery.
Pros
Growing company that is growing its people for success
Cons
Winter drives to work this year
HALCON is an awesome place to work. I've already recommended it to two people I know, both have accepted positions. If you work in the shop, expect to create something that's truly a beautiful and quality product. The pay is higher compared to other companies in the area that are in the same line of work, and the perks are pretty great. If you work in the office, you'll probably get to come to a place that's nicer than your home. The HQ building is absolutely stunning. You'll enjoy a relaxed atmosphere with no set 8am-5pm schedule. Early riser? Come early and leave early. Night-owl? Get here later and leave later. The car didn't start in the morning? Just let management know you'll be a little late. Expect to be paid pretty good and if you're unhappy, reach out to management. Co-workers are always helpful and a joy to be around. The higher-ups do not micro-manage and are always open to answer any questions you might have. They're also very knowledgeable and some have been with the company for over 30 years. Whether you're a shop or office employee, you'll get free apparel, 401k matching, paid vacations/holidays, health/dental/vision/disability insurance, a turkey on Thanksgiving, a ham on Christmas, an invite to their annual holiday party (with a plus 1) that features free food and drinks as low as $1.00. In 2018, they also offered free cab rides home and cash prizes from $50-$1,000. At times, you'll get free lunches and breakfast. And last but not least, in 2018 the entire company got a year-end bonus. This is a company I feel proud to work. I would recommend applying - more...
Pros
Free apparel, free food/beverages, annual party, bonuses, relaxed culture, flexible schedule, fun co-workers, knowledgeable management
Cons
It can be a difficult industry to comprehend everything, some days might seem slower/stressful
  1. Employee Reviews