HALCON Furniture

Working at HALCON Furniture: 44 Reviews

United States44 reviews

payemployeebenefitpeoplehardgoodcompanygreat

Ok

An alright job nothing special not a lot of room for advancement but its a good place to get stuck the people are friendly and if the whole plant performs well you get a pizza party.(not very good pizza but pizza non the less)The managers are not your friend don't expect a flexible schedule its all their whim and way depending on production.

Bad pay

There are a lot of learning opportunities. Fast paced work environment. Pay was not that great. People who worked there were nice. Managers were goal driven.

Pros

Early start

Cons

Low pay

HALCON Furniture insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

interesting

Great place to work. Owner is sincere, president of the company is great. shares interests with employees and the company sponsors events around the area and provide employees the chance to go to the events. Company keeps growing. Solid place to work.

Pros

decent pay. owner is a great guy

Good pay and good room for growth

Great place to work! Got paid well. Coworkers worked well together. One the most positive environments I’ve ever been around. Competitive pay with good PTO.

Pros

Pay, Benefits

Great Company & Fun People

What an awesome company!Great Pay & Benefits They even have an onsite game room featuring a pool table, arcade games, shuffleboard, and pinball. #winning

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Game Room

Poor Management

A company who is fully willing to fire people under "employment at will" regardless of many positive reviews. Don't complain about inequality or you will likely just be terminated. The company would only like sheep to follow the herd. Keep your head down and youll do fine but don't have an opinion or you will reprimanded. They offer dumb small incentives to keep employees feeling cared about when all they really want is to be paid a fair wage. They attempt to look nice on paper but truly treat their employees with little to no care.

Pros

Neat product

Cons

No breaks, violates human resources, lack of respect from management

Innovative Company with Great People & Culture

Job security and advancementHALCON has offered high job security and has been growing steadily. HALCON also offered an additional two weeks of free paid time off for ALL hourly factory workers earlier this year to help alleviate challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at HALCON Furniture is one of my favorite aspects of work. Everyone I work with is a team player and is happy and willing to help if asked. While culture can vary some from department-to-department, HALCON consistently has both a hard-working and fun culture. There are high standards of quality and we aim to be the very best. We also have awesome parties and there is even a game room for employees when the workday is done.OverallMy experience working at HALCON Furniture has been incredibly positive and I’m happy to be a part of the HALCON team.

Poor

Low pay. Constant revolving door of employees. Work overtime every day and every weekend. No balance of life/work. If there was you wouldn't make any money to enjoy your life.

Was a great place to work.

Halcon was the great place work until the 19th of March. When I was informed I was now laid off due to clients pulling their orders from halcon, and I was a Low man on the totem pole. This couldn't have come at a worse time.

The work is not real hard to do. Good place to work. There is always work there to do. The pay is resonable people are good to work with. I would consider working there again.

Friendly place

Friendly place but not menu perks. Didn't go out of their way to give their employees benefits. Only a fifteen and thirty minute break even at ten hour days.

Family owned factory

Working for Halcon Furniture is a small company that has a friendly staff and close knit employee environment. The company has a high turnover rate and is hard to be promoted after employment.

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Cons

Not much room for advancement from within'.

Nice work environment friendly and understanding managers.

Depending on what your position is there is a lot to learn, and they will help you find the position that best fits you. In Veneer grading I found that math was a must for basic information and measurements. You work with your projects as they are given to you. Work must be accurate in order to not waste veneer, and to keep the quality of the finished product in top notch conditions. Halcon is known for its specific veneer designs and quality around the world.

It’s a great place to work, although it can include a fair amount of Overtime

It is a great job. Early hours, Monday through Friday. The benefits are good with Paid holidays. They stress safety, and enforce safety procedures. There is a lot of opportunity to work overtime.

Pretty good job

You would love working there the people is good and they money is great I learned so much from just being there they make good merchandise for good company

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long days

I’ve learned so much and made many friends that I can call family. They have good benefits they care for their employees, always try there best to help as much as they can. Yes, it can be stressful most of the times but you won’t regret working there. You learn so much if YOU put your mind to it and be there for your shifts! It was an honor to work them.

Poorly run

Beautiful products State of the art equipment they dont run because it’s too hard to train people quality managers all last 6 weeks or less stupid, careless mistakes are repeated over and over and over and..... Manufacturing should run on process and data, not relationships and assumptions

Great job

Amazing and fun job. Manger i have though is a jerk thats why im currently looking for a new job. He likes to favorite employees and thats just isnt right what so ever.

A great place to work!

The work at HALCON is fast paced and exciting. The culture feels like family and there is a excellent work life balance. If you want to have fun and be challenged on a day-to-day basis with an award wining world class team then come and work for HALCON!

All in all, a pretty decent place to work

The only really negative things about this job are that (at least when I was there) hours could be pretty inconsistent. Some weeks you’d put in a 50 hour work week, and a 5 hour Saturday shift, some weeks were down to 25-30 hours of work. The other thing is upper management can be a bit disconnected, and some of the middle management spends a lot of time “fixing” problems. All of the department managers I’ve worked with are grade A though, so daily interactions are good. The people I worked with were some of the best people I know, everyone helps everyone. The work is different enough from project to project to keep it interesting. Could use another bathroom though.

Pros

Seriously great people, good pay and benefits

Cons

Inconsistent hours

Quick paced

I don't like that it is quick paced. I also don't like that we are shorted work most of the time. I barely get 40 hours a week. I don't have enough money to get out on my own.

Common questions about HALCON Furniture

Answered by current and former employees at HALCON Furniture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HALCON Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits