Halcyon Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

I loved working for this Company. The opportunities they provided to the Management Team were incredible. I wish I had not experienced a reduction i
APPEALS AND COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Trinity, FLAugust 13, 2018
Please see above. I had an incredible experience working for this company. The President was wonderful, my bosses were amazing and I grew tremendously as a Leader and person.
Pros
Continuing Education and license renewal fees reimbursed
Cons
Benefits started tapering down.
Relaxed environment with good ethics.
Physcial Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dade City, FLAugust 11, 2018
Halcyon is an excellent company with strong ethics and the foresight to keep up with the changes that occur with insurance companies. They promote a good work environment and have good compensation.
A decent place to work
Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 26, 2018
I was treated well by Halcyon for most of my tenure with the company. They have an excellent team of managers. The benefits were decent but started to get a little worse towards the end of my tenure with the company.
Low key working environment, lower level patient care
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNJuly 25, 2018
This is a skilled nursing facility with a slow working pace environment, small/limited treatment area, work closely together with other rehabilitation clinicians.
Excellent company to work for.
Regional Director of Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 15, 2018
Excellent company, extremely ethical company to work for. Always focused on delivering quality healthcare and rehabilitation, very fair to all employees, and a enjoyable workplace environment.
OK place to work
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 8, 2018
Not a great company, but not the worst company. Policy seems to be made up to cover corporate behinds as problems happen, without true proactive thoughts to how the therapy business has to be conducted. There isn't a therapy company out there that isn't about the bottom line, so don't fool yourself into thinking that there is. However, Halcyon doesn't take time to really invest into their employees in meaningful ways from the top down. Each facility has autonomy to do that from the rehab directors, but there seems to be a lot of turnover in those positions, so there is no real consistency.
Pros
decent pay, decent work/life balance
Cons
Corporate is not interested in employees, CYA policy making
Very high stress level
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 29, 2018
The therapy department is very small and is always packed with patients daily. Hours are control-ed so you do not get 40 hours a week. There is no internal advancement. Only recognize 4 holidays.
Productive work place.
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Blue Mountain, MSMay 6, 2018
Loved working here. Great pay and great hours. DOR was wonderful and understanding if I needed time off to take care of my sick child or family emergencies.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
sometimes not a full 40 hr work week
Good team atmosphere
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Quincy, FLMay 1, 2018
Good team atmosphere when I was there. Not sure about that any more. People generally take care of the people well in the therapy dept. I enjoyed the patients and we were free to do what we felt was best for them.
Pros
decent work space, freedom to do treatments
Cons
some of the regulations were approaching overreach without any explanation as to why
Clinicallyfocused company driven by doing the right thing !
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 23, 2018
Outstanding rehab company focused on treating their staff right and making decisions based on the best clinical approach. They provide great clinical support and training focused on the needs of each individual therapist. This is a great company to join as a new grad as you will learn in a supportive environment.
Pros
Clinical Programming, education, computerized documentation.
Cons
More facilities in the State would be nice.
Fair
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 13, 2018
Only worked there PRN and prn your hours are based on if DOR likes and approve of you. I got this PRN job right after graduation and I was still on learning curb and learned a lot along the way. I felt that it was a little hard to fit in with team maybe because I was new but as time went on I felt a little better.
Pros
not far from Tallahassee Fl
Cons
not in Tallahassee, Fl
Well equipped gym and collaboration with peers
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  McCormick SCFebruary 14, 2018
As an OTR responsible for paperwork on Medicare part B paperwork, Evaluations, Screens and Discharge summaries. Flexible work hours, week end coverage as needed. The rehab department worked as a team. The rehab gym was well equipped. Used laptop computers with casamba electronic documentation.
Pros
Well equipped gym with modalitities and equipment, flexible hours
Cons
High productivity standard
Enjoyed the gym
Physical Therapist Assistant/PRN (Former Employee) –  Dade City, FLFebruary 9, 2018
Enjoyed the Team we work well together. a Typical day for me is i work Part time so the hour was great, the hardest part of my job is working with a patient that is Max A
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
N/a
Professional atmosphere. Lighthearted when applicable.
PTA (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 31, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Halcyon. The company seems to strive for competence and professionalism. Work atmospheres are usually friendly and cooperative. Cons include expected issues working for a corporation.
Terrible management
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 11, 2018
was terminated because of a call in to corporate and investigation where I was accused of favoritism and let go while nursing home was under investigation for medicare tags and closed for admissions
Directors are given clinical and operational reign over their buildings with expectations to meet all benchmarks
Director of Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GANovember 15, 2017
Halcyon was fair, showed appreciation and respect for their employees. My particular direct supervisor would sometimes micromanage, but overall a very good work experience.
Pros
Included in company initiatives, goals and future plans. I felt connected
Cons
Reports and micromanagment
Excellent Company to Work For
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MSOctober 19, 2017
Halcyon is a medium sized therapy company. Big enough to offer great benefits and small enough to make you feel like more than a number and personally valued.
Pros
Feel valued as an employee, flexibility, work life balance
Cons
The company was great to work for, but facility and facility staff were very disappointing.
PTA (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2017
Transferred to tampa building from different facility. Was expecting something similar. That was not the case. Facility staff were consistently unhelpful which inhibited therapists from doing their jobs accordingly.
Pros
Great benefits, pay, time off
Cons
Facility staff unhelpfull and disorganized.
Not a company to work for
Speech-Language Pathologist, PRN (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTSeptember 29, 2017
Halcyon is a run of the mill cutthroat profit-driven company, bent on getting the most out of their therapists and putting far too much pressure on them for this purpose. They also micromanage at an alarming level, generalizing the misdeeds of very few to the general therapist populace. Their pay was nothing spectacular, industry standard. I would not recommend working for them.
Great staff, really nice DOR
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant/Licensed (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Well organized rehab department, all patients have a schedule and are ready for the therapists; there is a rehab tech who transports all patient to and from the gym.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halcyon Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about