Halcyon Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Productive work place.
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Blue Mountain, MSMay 6, 2018
Loved working here. Great pay and great hours. DOR was wonderful and understanding if I needed time off to take care of my sick child or family emergencies.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
sometimes not a full 40 hr work week
Good team atmosphere
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Quincy, FLMay 1, 2018
Good team atmosphere when I was there. Not sure about that any more. People generally take care of the people well in the therapy dept. I enjoyed the patients and we were free to do what we felt was best for them.
Pros
decent work space, freedom to do treatments
Cons
some of the regulations were approaching overreach without any explanation as to why
Clinicallyfocused company driven by doing the right thing !
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 23, 2018
Outstanding rehab company focused on treating their staff right and making decisions based on the best clinical approach. They provide great clinical support and training focused on the needs of each individual therapist. This is a great company to join as a new grad as you will learn in a supportive environment.
Pros
Clinical Programming, education, computerized documentation.
Cons
More facilities in the State would be nice.
Fair
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 13, 2018
Only worked there PRN and prn your hours are based on if DOR likes and approve of you. I got this PRN job right after graduation and I was still on learning curb and learned a lot along the way. I felt that it was a little hard to fit in with team maybe because I was new but as time went on I felt a little better.
Pros
not far from Tallahassee Fl
Cons
not in Tallahassee, Fl
Well equipped gym and collaboration with peers
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  McCormick SCFebruary 14, 2018
As an OTR responsible for paperwork on Medicare part B paperwork, Evaluations, Screens and Discharge summaries. Flexible work hours, week end coverage as needed. The rehab department worked as a team. The rehab gym was well equipped. Used laptop computers with casamba electronic documentation.
Pros
Well equipped gym with modalitities and equipment, flexible hours
Cons
High productivity standard
Enjoyed the gym
Physical Therapist Assistant/PRN (Former Employee) –  Dade City, FLFebruary 9, 2018
Enjoyed the Team we work well together. a Typical day for me is i work Part time so the hour was great, the hardest part of my job is working with a patient that is Max A
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
N/a
Professional atmosphere. Lighthearted when applicable.
PTA (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 31, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Halcyon. The company seems to strive for competence and professionalism. Work atmospheres are usually friendly and cooperative. Cons include expected issues working for a corporation.
Terrible management
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 11, 2018
was terminated because of a call in to corporate and investigation where I was accused of favoritism and let go while nursing home was under investigation for medicare tags and closed for admissions
Directors are given clinical and operational reign over their buildings with expectations to meet all benchmarks
Director of Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GANovember 15, 2017
Halcyon was fair, showed appreciation and respect for their employees. My particular direct supervisor would sometimes micromanage, but overall a very good work experience.
Pros
Included in company initiatives, goals and future plans. I felt connected
Cons
Reports and micromanagment
Excellent Company to Work For
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MSOctober 19, 2017
Halcyon is a medium sized therapy company. Big enough to offer great benefits and small enough to make you feel like more than a number and personally valued.
Pros
Feel valued as an employee, flexibility, work life balance
Cons

Want to know more about Halcyon Rehabilitation?

Ask a question
The company was great to work for, but facility and facility staff were very disappointing.
PTA (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2017
Transferred to tampa building from different facility. Was expecting something similar. That was not the case. Facility staff were consistently unhelpful which inhibited therapists from doing their jobs accordingly.
Pros
Great benefits, pay, time off
Cons
Facility staff unhelpfull and disorganized.
Not a company to work for
Speech-Language Pathologist, PRN (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTSeptember 29, 2017
Halcyon is a run of the mill cutthroat profit-driven company, bent on getting the most out of their therapists and putting far too much pressure on them for this purpose. They also micromanage at an alarming level, generalizing the misdeeds of very few to the general therapist populace. Their pay was nothing spectacular, industry standard. I would not recommend working for them.
Great staff, really nice DOR
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant/Licensed (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Well organized rehab department, all patients have a schedule and are ready for the therapists; there is a rehab tech who transports all patient to and from the gym.
Don't make a mistake
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLSeptember 4, 2017
Don't make a mistake with paperwork/billing and expect to be able to fix it they will fire you on the spot. Productivity expectations are very high. Expect to be forced into concurrent treatments.
Small Therapy department with small dreams
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monticello, FLJuly 8, 2017
This therapy department stayed quiet and changed very little during my time. Management would take time to address concerns or complaints even if it was for harassment. The hardest part of this job was my coworkers and how much they would sneak around.
Great company
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartwell, GAJune 8, 2017
Manager was great, company was great, pay was great. The driving was tough, I covered territory for four offices, documentation was heavy and I had very little life after work. Not conducive for a healthy family life
Pros
Pay
Cons
Time consuming
Unethical Outlooks and Unfair Upper Management
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 7, 2017
Company asked for atleast 5 minutes in between each patient no matter how close rooms were. Some therapist were rude to other workers making rude comments about therapist work. Working Tuesday-Saturday shift hours are unfair. Work 3-5 hrs Tuesday-Thursday and 8-10 hours on Friday-Saturday. All clients are set at Ultra High Treatment Levels (even patients going to be placed on Hospice) to get money for the company. When asking for Time Off for Vacation was told No on many occasions due to another Therapist being off from same division and then given to a different Therapist for same day when asked later. Allowing 2 Therapist to be off from same Division. Becareful working for this company Co-workers will turn on you in a minute and can't be trusted.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Rude Co-workers and Unethical Standards
Okay
Rehab Tech (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCMay 26, 2017
Enjoy working with patients and helping them. I also think pay should be based individualy cause not every one works the same. One may work harder than another. The years of experience should also count for determining pay.
Pros
No week end work!
Cons
Pay
Wonderful Rehab Company
Occupational Therapist & Sr. DOR (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXMay 16, 2017
I have enjoyed the past 3 years working with Halcyon. They are a great company that has a great balance of life & work. Their philosophy of "Do what is clinically appropriate" will stay with me with each experience, as that is what therapy is for. Doing what is right by our resident/ patients.
Stay Away From This Company
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCFebruary 22, 2017
They tell you everything you want to hear until they get you in the door. Assistants run the show and job satisfaction does not exist. Talk to the therapist and ask them how long they have worked at the Current facility you are looking at working. Turn over is sky high because management treat employees like children. If you like a therapy department being ran by admin, being micro manage and no back up from management, this is the place for you!!
Be careful if you decide to work for this company!! Keep notes of everything. Watch your back!!

This company is one of the reasons why Medicare needs a overhaul!!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No Breaks 10/15 minutes, can't dischage anyone; Management will turn on you in a minute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halcyon Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

Halcyon Rehabilitation Reviews by Location