HALEY & ALDRICH Employee Reviews

Not a good life work balance
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Portland, MESeptember 16, 2018
Constantly understaffed in production positions. Some Managers are super difficult to work with. Unable to properly estimate number of hours needed to produce construction drawing sets. Project managers too involved in the production instead of letting the engineers and designers do their job. Too tight of deadlines for the number of people.

Expectations of people being available all hours and weekends.
Pros
Healthcare is excellent and 401k matching
Cons
No life/work balance.
Small Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHSeptember 12, 2018
The Company was great it was the fact that my boss was in another state so I spent a lot of time time on the phone in training instead of one on one training. Word load was light but had me stay late only if project work was needed. I was part-time just not enough work to keep me busy at times then other over worked and not enough resources to help me.
Pros
Great small company, really got to know the people I worked with on a personal and professional level.
Cons
Boss in another state and not enough work to keep me busy part time.
Typical Workload, Haley & Aldrich
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2018
My desk at Haley & Aldrich was definitely a busy one. A typical day would be composed of email review, task prioritization, facilities maintenance, workload management, printing, binding and shipping deliverables. The work was deadline-driven and complex tasks were the main part of daily activities. I was tasked with compiling, bookmarking and burning CDs of large annual and quarterly report PDFs, sending drafts for review and comment, overseeing signature authorizations, preparing and encoding the final with password protection, and UPS shipping of same.
Benefits
Cons
Stress
Good Place
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 6, 2018
Company allows its people to work from home during inclement weather.

Every Wednesday is Panera Bagel Day.

One is a while they will have fun activities such as cook outs and social events for the team.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 16, 2018
Strong culture- it's a learning, respective culture. Benefits are great. Sometimes career path is not well defined. Systems could be better. Strong leadership by theCEO
Pros
great benefits, pay, being informed, technical work, mentorship
Cons
Crossover of work, local culture
A great place to work
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA 01803April 12, 2018
I got along well with the other employees. It was a very positive atmosphere to work in. My boss and my supervisor were both very kind and supportive. There were a lot of social activities also.
Pros
Focus on company growth, social activities
Cons
n/a
don't care to answer
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 6, 2018
The company is ok but has some management issues that need to be addressed some atypical professionals I would not work for them again and they would not hire me
Management out of touch with employees.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Multiple Office LocationsMarch 19, 2018
Management is poor. Senior management is particularly out of touch with the rest of the company. Company is only worried about the internal shareholders and will eliminate you/your position without regard or notice.
Enjoyed working in the field
Senior Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoyed the field work at Haley and Aldrich, Inc. It was great to work outside every day and the work was generally interesting. However, after working there for about 6 years, I felt it was difficult to advance much further.
Pros
Work outside
Cons
Work could sometimes be slow
Work
Construction Health and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 27, 2017
A total lack of communications was the downfall of the senior management. No one knew who was doing what. Only the field staff seem to know the job. No site training
Pros
Nice Truck
Cons
To many tried to be in charge

Want to know more about HALEY & ALDRICH?

Ask a question
Project Controls (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 13, 2017
Great company to work for. Great benefits and very good work/life balance. Very independent work and well respected. Good company to work for if you plan to spend years with them.
International experience and creating logical solutions
Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2017
Most situations were typical in we need to be more focused towards the escalations clients and employees make. More challenging was the technology and its integration with older technologies. Learned the great business environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was gathering requirements and the way they are converted to real time.
They are constantly updating who they are
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA 01803August 31, 2017
The office life is not overly monitored. There are no time clocks to punch. The dress code is business casual. They have an excellent benefits plan, medical is top notch. They hire field staff as well as office support staff.
Solid company for growth and great experience
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 11, 2017
Haley & Aldrich was a great place to start my career, complete with benefits and room for development, the only reason I left was because I was not interested in the environmental engineering world and wanted to be more creative. Otherwise, I was very happy with my experience.
Contract Work
Technical Expert (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 27, 2017
Can be a good place to work if there is sufficient work coming in. I have been working on an as-needed contract basis so I do not have adequate information to share.
Not good
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 10, 2016
Company having trouble integrating technology and younger employees. Managers stuck in power struggles. Old boys network. Typical rah rah HR development programs with no teeth. Disappointing.
Good place to learn
Varied (Former Employee) –  USJuly 16, 2016
I worked with this company for over a decade.

There are a lot of great people in the organization that are quite bright! This is a great place to learn as they are progressive when it comes to their computer systems, software and their networks! There is a lot of talent to learn and grow from, and I think very highly of many people in the organization!

There does tend to be a fair amount of turnover as the company is always trying new and different things.

Great benefits!

Everyone has a different experience here depending on your management. There are some truly talented managers, but they are a rare commodity. Expect to work a lot of hours with little gratitude.
Pros
free lunches, great benefits, latest software, great support staff, great place to learn, tuition reimbursement, 401k, 401k matching, vacation days
Cons
long hours, poor management, terrible HR department
Environmental engineering atmosphere
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 21, 2015
Learned about environmental engineering - waste disposal, public health, water and air pollution.

Day consisted of preparing proposals - detailed work - enormous amount of paperwork
Pros
This was a field that was new to me - challenging to learn about it
Cons
It was not something I enjoyed - I am more people oriented, not science
Good office culture
Staff Technician / Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 27, 2014
Good team of dedicated individuals. Very understanding staff for the most part.
Great people to work with and good corporation!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  7965 N High St. Ste 160 Columbus, Ohio 43235December 2, 2013
I worked 20 to 30 hours a week part-time giving support to a staff of 6 people and sometimes working on projects with other Haley and Aldrich employees in other states. The Columbus staff was a great group of people and I miss working with them. It was a very team environment on all projects.

I most enjoyable part of the job was setting up the company conference for over 30 out of town employees and Columbus staff. Worked with hotel staff and transportation companies to arranged and organized the meeting. Worked with other H&A employees on this project to confirm flight and car rental for the people who needed it.
The hardest part of the job was they just did not have enough work to keep me busy for the full 30 hours a week I needed. This company lost there funding to keep me at 20 hours.
Pros
Great people and great company benefits!
Cons
Just not enough work to keep me busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HALEY & ALDRICH. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight