Half Moon Bay Golf Links

Working at Half Moon Bay Golf Links: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

fellow employees are supportive

Most of the people you work with are happy to be there and see you! The events director is always in a good mood and encourages fun as well as hard work.

Don't slack of and do dumb things.

It is a busy operation. Get ahead when it is slow. Fantastic golf benefits. Great entry-level work. The tips pay well but the pay is low. If you are an avid golfer this is a great gig.

Pros

Good tips

Cons

Low pay

Half Moon Bay Golf Links insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues

Free golf perks

Overall, the management group running this facility only cares about themselves and that bottom dollar. Head pro and GM lack experience managing a facility at this level. No benefits, even for full time employees, long hours, but, you get free golf on two amazing golf courses. Gotta weigh the pros and cons on this facility.

Pros

Free golf

Cons

Long hours, no benefits, bad management.

Pacific Ocean was my view everyday

It was a privilege working for the beautiful Half Moon Bay Golf Links located at the Ritz Carlton. I enjoyed working with people and met celebrities on a daily basis. I was involved in may special events such as tournaments, fundraisers, and corporate events. The most special to me was the annual Navy SEALS event which was a real honor to be able to give back and provide them with a weekend of golf and luxury. I would have remained at the links, but was offered a job with the SF Giants which paid more and my dream job! Love sports and hopefully can get into that field.

Pros

free golf, discount on food and in pro shop

Cons

minimum pay

36 Hole Resort Golf Facility in the Bay Area

Very fast paced and demanding, with little flexibility on hours. During the winter management would have to let numerous employees for to protect the labor budget. Challenging working with the hotel on property as the hotel and golf courses were run by separate management companies

Laid back work environment with not great Management

Managment was always micro managing and jumping down your throats for small things. It was also hard to keep up with because Management would change expectations of us on almost a day to day basis and each manager had a different idea of these processes so it was incredibly frustrating trying to follow different rules depending on who was around at the time. Other than that you cant complain about working on a golf course. The views from the restaurant are beautiful. The staff was amazing to work with as well.

Relaxed workplace with flexible hours

The work is easy, the culture relaxed and usually stress-free. Management is generally hands-off as long as the job gets done. Hardest part of the job is getting work hours during the off-season.

Pros

Relaxed, straightforward, simple

Cons

Long off-season, few work hours, low pay

High end golf resort

Oversaw all aspects of the golf operations I learned retail sales as well as resort sales along with five star service level training Worked with management to maintain a proper balance of company needs and customer needs Learned the importance of being a team player and its role in being a successful operation The hardest part of the job not being able to spend enough time with each customer The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting people from all over the world

Pros

commision and good work environment

Cons

at times, not enough resources to provide the best level of service

Great Golf Resort

36 holes of beautiful championship golf that surround The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay.

Pros

Beautiful Views

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Half Moon Bay Golf Links. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Half Moon Bay Golf Links Reviews by Location

Learn about Half Moon Bay Golf Links in popular locations

Half Moon Bay Golf Links reviews by popular job title

• Half Moon Bay Golf Links
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?