Halff Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place for young engineers to learn
Water Resources Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 24, 2018
As an intern, was exposed to production team meetings and functions. From this I was able to see what kinds of projects were happening around me. The internship experience was positive enough for me to seek a full-time position at the company.
IT Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 20, 2018
Nice Staff
Great Management Team
Non-Stress Work Environment
Optional Training Seminars Every Week
Grows employees with responsibilities
Advancement Opportunities
Friends make it further than hard workers
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 21, 2018
Summary sums it. Accused of things that cannot be rebuted. Part of a group that was "invisible" to the major company. Never socialized, always worked, but yet the office pariah even though I helped profit.
Halff Associates
Intern - Engineering Consulting Firm (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 22, 2017
Overall a very enjoyable place to work. Everyone was friendly and patient with me as an intern and I returned their kindness with hard work and quality work.
Great place for engineering degree
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 11, 2017
This is a great place to work if you have an engineering degree. The managers were really nice, easy to get a long with. They always had fun events, holiday activities, company outings, etc.
They did not value Admin. Assistants
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 14, 2017
Most the time I thought management were not being honest with their employees. Not much room for advancement for Admins. No one trusted the HR Department staff who would tell you not to do certain things then turn around and do the very things we were told not to do. Sometimes business became slow. Management let the Engineers get away with anything they wanted to.
Pros
Most the time environment was upbeat
Cons
Did not value Admins.
Somewhat relaxed work environment.
Landscape Architect (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 4, 2017
Large Engineering firm with a Landscape Architecture department. Fun people to work with. Good benefits and team building outside of the office. Hard to advance once you get to a certain level.
Flexible schedule
CAD Technician/Electrical designer (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 28, 2017
Flexible schedule, good people, great opportunities to grow, tuition reimbursement.
Terrible health insurance........................................
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Bad health insurance
Professional Company
Auto-Cad Drafter (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 12, 2017
Very professional office. Treated all its clientel with exceptional professionalism and delivered all its projects on a timely manner. All employees worked very well with each other. Great work atmosphere.
Good company if you are a professional engineer
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 14, 2017
Very busy everyday. Management expects you to be self motivated. Time management and strict deadlines are very important. Co-workers are like a family in my department.
My overall experiance was unpleasant.
Receptionist/Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 11, 2017
This company is badly managed, not equal treatment at all. A typical day was handling incoming calls, filing papers, and ordering office supplies. I learned that an engineering firm is not a good fit for me. It is too much a "Good Ole Boy" atmosphere.
Easy place to stay
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Overall, great company with decent benefits. Lots of growth coming for the firm. Transparency for profits and where they are going.
Pros
Lots of diverse work
Cons
Little networking opportunities
productive family like work enviorment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2017
typical day would be get to the office unlock the front door get the coffee going and greet anyone with a smile on my face when they walked in.

i learned so much form this company as they keep you up to date with all the lunch and learns. wonderful up to date information on anything that we needed to know.

Management always came first with any concerns that the worker has! you could reach out to anyone and they always offer a helping hand

coworkers are amazing and friendly.
Pros
free lunch and learns free health care
Productive and relatively Calm Place
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 11, 2016
Co-Workers were great.
love the ambiance in the Fort worth office.

Management tried to keep most of us employed during the downturn.

Was stuck with doing the similar projects, and did not get a wide experience of projects.
Great employee owned company
Electrical Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 23, 2016
I worked in the MEP department and the senior staff were excellent mentors and very knowledgeable. People were courteous and the job did not drive you to be there until all hours of the night and weekends like some other MEP firms. Of the three MEP firms that I have worked for Halff is by far the best. Both by putting out quality work and respecting an employee's work life balance.
Pros
Great training by experienced engineers.
Cons
Healthcare coverage and advancement.
I really enjoyed learning new methods of solving problems
General Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work I consisted of me designing the drainage system for roadways. Drawing files were constantly being updated and the roadway ROW changed, therefore the drainage areas changed and so did my drainage design according to the drainage areas. I really learned how to produce cross sections in GeoPAK and how to write drainage reports. I also learned the process for proposed developments and how to write a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP). In addition to the SWPPP reports I researched proposed development sites to produce Feasibility Reports and coordinate with TxDOT to figure out if traffic impact analysis are needed. Co-workers were friendly and the hardest part was not seeing them again. The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing ideas and an overall professional environment.
Pros
Nice schedule
Cons
Healthcare
Hallff & Associates
Senior Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 16, 2016
Great company to work for. Great benefits and company takes care of their employees. Management is good. Compensation was okay. Work environment was good.
Pros
Value employees
Cons
compensation
Great Company
Civil Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 12, 2015
Halff associates is a great company. Everyone is very nice and the culture of the company is amazing. The best part about Halff is the work/social balance of life.
A good working environment
Engineer In Training (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 18, 2015
Overall, a good company to work with. Good interdepartmental coordination, and subconsultant management coupled with a pleasant working environment. Focus is noticeably on taking care of employees first.

The IT department here is the star of the show. Ticket items are responded to within hours, and they are usually resolved on the same working day by people who enjoy what they do.

New employee orientation is well thought out, and helpful.
Cons
minimal client interaction for EIT's
Great company. Great people and great clients.
Engineer, EIT (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasMarch 25, 2015
A typical day at Halff consists of working on a new project. Projects are challenging and you can always expect to learn something new. Be prepared to ask questions and work for perfectionist at what they do, since Halff really cares about the quality of their work.
Pros
Free lunches etc.
Cons
Healhcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halff Associates, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2