Halifax Community College Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun place to work
Department Head/Early Childhood Instructor (Current Employee) –  Weldon, NCSeptember 7, 2019
HCC is a great place to work. I want to retire there. The leadership is very supportive and always willing to listen to great ideas. It is a dream organization to work with.
Pros
Great supportive leaders
Cons
Nothing to report at this time
Excellent place to work
Workforce Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCAugust 7, 2019
I truly enjoyed working with HCC. It had a family atmosphere and everyone worked as a team. The administration was eager to promote from within. They scouted new talent on staff and encouraged staff to apply for open positions that were available. Leadership Cohort was also in place to train employees on becoming effective leaders.
Social Media Broadcaster (Former Employee) –  Weldon, NCMay 25, 2019
Halifax Community College continues to remain at a standstill because they fail to address the bottom of the actual problem. Instead, they are focused on trying to display a positive outlook through short term gratification. By placing a bandage on a bullet wound, they have failed to realize that a void is still missing that a certificate and a plaque cant fill. If it doesn't appear broke don't fix it, but you can't expect short term gratification to bring longer-term endearment.
Pros
Communal Environment
Cons
Disorganized
productive
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Weldon, NCMay 13, 2019
The hardest part about my job is the disorganization and lack of transparency. My direct supervisor is wonderful at keeping us in the know regarding our work however, upper directors do a poor job with communication.
Hcc
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Weldon, NCApril 13, 2019
It’s a great place to work, but the workers need more pay.its a great environment, they make sure you are protected out there, so their concerns as well.
Review
Staff (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NCMarch 4, 2019
Management is not supportive. Game playing. Student responsibility not supported. Faculty not supported. No long-term advancement if outsider. High turnover of staff.
Convenience of working in the lab
NC 27870 - Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Weldon, NC 27890January 20, 2019
It helped out a lot when working in the lab. I was able to get work done that I couldn't get finished at home, because no one came in the lab really. When other student came into the lab they did the same thing as I did and used the computers for homework.It was a very simple job.
Pros
easy job, helped out with homework
Cons
monthly pay
Fun Work Place
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJanuary 15, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with others, being in nature, and observing the production of the work that was being done. I also enjoyed the school setting.
fun and rewarding
Level 1 Instructor EMS/CPR (Current Employee) –  Weldon, NCSeptember 30, 2018
I have really enjoyed this job. Being able to teach people and watch them learn was very rewarding. I love that my students range in all ages and come from so many walks of life.
HCC Review
Music Instructor (Former Employee) –  Weldon, NCJuly 27, 2018
Halifax Community College can help students attain better skills and training. The campus is in decline, unfortunately, and the leadership and direction of the campus doesn't seem as focused on the students as it used to be
Pros
Serves an area in economic decline for the betterment of its surrounding population
Cons
Politics, Incompetent leadership, low morale
Very cultural based environment
Learning Coach Assistant/Tutor (Former Employee) –  The job location was perfectJuly 6, 2018
I had opportunity to work collectively and on an individual basis with a lot of very intelligent young men of all races. I also enjoyed every opportunity to tell my personal story!
Halifax Community College
English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Weldon, NCMay 30, 2018
HCC is a great school in that the faculty and staff are truly dedicated to student success. There are no mean teachers or staff that students avoid. The students come from diverse but mostly poor backgrounds with poor previous education, but the instructors at HCC accept them where they are and really teach them.
HCC Workplace
Dept. Chair / Instructor (Former Employee) –  Weldon, NCMay 21, 2018
I learned a lot at Halifax Community College, how to manage the classroom, grading, testing, and building program. The co-workers were friendly and kind.
Good Learning Environment
Information Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Weldon, NCMay 21, 2018
The current manager of the IT department (as of May 2018) is antisocial and borders on being rude, but the Network Server Technician is very friendly and helpful. It was a joy to work with the Network Server Technician and learn on the job. We maintained all of the lab computers and laptops on campus. The most troublesome part of the job was how long it took to do Windows updates for every computer in a lab.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Sometimes had to take a later lunch due to updates
Productive Workplace with fun atmosphere
expert product and service information (Former Employee) –  Weldon, NCFebruary 8, 2018
competitive work that requires time & dedication throughout the process. i learned the fundamentals of using microsoft excel & powerpoints using different statistics
Great place to work!!
Financial Aid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Weldon, NCJanuary 8, 2018
My current experience as a Financial Aid Specialist I provide education and advice regarding financial aid and the application process to students and families. Also supporting students and staff within the community college.
Very Fun
Admissions and Student Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Weldon, NCAugust 25, 2017
My supervisors made the job that much more interesting each day i came into work. They were very caring and made sure you understood what was expected of you.
HCC is a great place to work
Full-time Assistant Registrar (Current Employee) –  Weldon, NCJune 20, 2017
HCC is a great place to work. I have been very productive in the registrars' office helping students with the educational goals. I have enjoyed ever day.
Pros
Fun working with students and keeping their records.
Cons
Being a staff personal we have to work year round.
Great work environment.
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Weldon, NCJune 9, 2017
Halifax Community College was a great place to work. My work experience taught me how to be successful in the work place. The students, faculty, and staff made my work very rewarding during my entire tenure at The College.
I received many recognitions including employee of the year, outstanding community award, and spirit award.
The most changeling aspect of the job was to deal with the many challenges that our students were faced with on a daily bases in order to be successful.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to the students graduate and become employed.
Pros
Student Success
Cons
Student failure
Great program
Student (Former Employee) –  Weldon, NCJune 1, 2017
Lovely instructors. good program. very helpful. they give you the tools to be the best clinician that you can be. not for the weak or stupid. vigorous coarse.