Halifax Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overworked
Dietary Hostess (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 3, 2018
I do not recommend anyone to work in this position. The supervisors do not respect your privacy and will tell everyone your business. Some of the supervisors always showed favoritism towards their friends (other employees) and always try to find stuff to write you up for or suspend you. The supervisors lack communication among one another if someone calls off. If a worker or multiple workers call off, I had to cover both my floor and the person who called out floor. I loved my patients but this department environment was very toxic.
Pros
Patient interactions
Cons
Lack of communication, Supervisors tell everyone your business, Overworked and put on doubles without approval, Understaffed
A conducive business environment
Family Health Center Intern (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 3, 2018
I was lucky enough to do my internship at Halifax where I was able to follow the office manager of the family practice, as well as the CEO of the hospital for a few months. I was offered a position prior to finishing my internship but I was moving to Orlando and their starting salary was about 20 thousand dollars less than what I was making at the time.
Fast Paced
Dietary aide/Management trainee (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLApril 22, 2018
Great management. Insurance was good. Vacation time was amazing! Would recommend working here to anyone who wants a good environment with great benefits
Not worth it
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLApril 22, 2018
No advancement options, raises are puny if not ‘frozen’ due to budget cuts. Horrendously out of touch management on every level. Friends of higher ups get jobs they’re not qualified for on the regular.
The real mentality at Halifax is ‘CYA and let someone else take the hit’ for any issue that goes wrong. Not conducive to a healthy work environment...or a great hospital environment for the patients.
Pros
Decent hours
I miss this job
Dietary Hostess (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLApril 1, 2018
There was lots of walking and physical activity necessary. I loved the fast pace and keeping up with delivering trays. I would go back if pay was better.
Cut Throat
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 22, 2018
After 10 years of employment i was terminated for hearsay through a flawed investigation process. There is no loyalty from senior administration. Nurses beware!
Supportive and friendly place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 13, 2018
It was a good experience working with Halifax health. The place was friendly and supportive.Learnt a lot regarding work and from peers. Work load is comfortable.
Great people to work with.
Sr Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Halifax is a community service based organization. Halifax provides care to those that can't afford it elsewhere. Halifax does big things with a limited budget.
Great environment
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Deltona, FLJanuary 28, 2018
Great place to work with other people and help others in time of there need. Very proficient in getting things done for patients, They also train you very well so you know what they are doing
Pros
thirty minute lunch, vacation whenever you have PTO
Coworkers are excellent. Administration terrible
RN (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 25, 2018
Great coworkers who really support eachother due to lack of leadership and support from management. Poor staffing and supplies. No raises for non clinical staff and expect no raises as performance reviews are at the very least always a year late.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Budget cuts make unsafe staffing ratios and substandard care
Good place to get a start in nursing, terrible management...
RN (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 20, 2018
I worked for Halifax health for almost 6 years. I really enjoyed my coworkers and learned quite a bit. It's a definitely dog eat dog kinda of place. CEO is clueless and puts his picture in middle of every boucher possible. The company loses lots of money yearly, management penny pinches because of this and will try to milk everything out of you. Patient to staff ratios are bad. It seemed every year I worked there it got a little worse. Pay raises are on freeze every other year. Lot's of ethical issues from yearly revenue losses. Health bene's are super expensive. There's always a ton of job openings at this hospital and for good reason.
Pros
Some great coworkers
Cons
Terrible management, benefits, will not let you schedule vacation
Bad experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 11, 2018
Halifax was horrible for my internship. The employees are disgruntled about their job and pay and take it out on those who are underserving of such treatment.
Pros
Large hospital/fast paced
Cons
Pay/coworkers
its an ok place to work
Patient companion/thrift store mgr (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 28, 2017
poor management other then that a great place to work and had good supervisors that were good to the employees and treated us fairly it varied in shifts and they had good food in the café all in all ok place to work business was to help sick people
Wasn't a good experience
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 23, 2017
Management was horrible and no communication was set in place. Loved the work would have stayed if the management team was better. Hardest part of the job was the lack of communication.
Pros
Benefits and hours.
Cons
Management communication
The atmosphere of the work place was not good
Business Specialist- Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 22, 2017
A typical day at the job was making sure that the patients was taking care of by checking them in, making sure that all the test that the doctor's ordered was on file and all records were updated. Also making sure the patient's had their future appointments done.I learned that what the workers did there for the patient's was important and needed to be done right. The management was not really fair with their employees. The employees were not treated fairly or appreciated fairly by the managers. The work place culture was great. The hardest part of the job was the stress that came along with the job doing two or three jobs and not being compensated fairly. The employees were overworked and overpaid. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patient's that we served.
Pros
We had weekends off.
Cons
Employees were not valued.
Would not recommend
Registered Nurse Med-Surg/Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 19, 2017
Poor management, high insurance premiums ($700+ for myself and child) and horrendous staffing. Class requirements are a joke and do not correlate with job being performed.
Finance Manager - Medical Group (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 19, 2017
Halifax Health is great! i highly recommed Halifax Health. Very good culture and overall organizational structure. Very good benefits and all around positive place to work.
Family Environment
Department Hospital Secretary (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 12, 2017
I work in Labor and Delivery. Everyone here is like family, and they help each other out.

I work as the department secretary. We are expected to answer phones, make charts, print forms, and whatever is asked of us.

I love my manager. She is very fair.

There is no really hard part about this job, but it can get busy quickly. The entire shift is enjoyable even on busy days.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay could be more competitive
On the fence.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 5, 2017
Halifax health is a great learning hospital. You see a lot of things you wouldn't see at a typical hospital. It is easy to transition to the different units if you are seeking to gain experience in other areas. The management on the floor I currently work on is great! The hardest part of the job is working short staffed.
Cons
Short staff, low pay, no more overtime
a day at Halifax
Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 7, 2017
A typical day included typing reports in an efficient manner.
I learned about doing a good job for patients.
Management was working good.
Workplace culture was team oriented.
Pros
Working
Cons
Voice recognition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halifax Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight