Halifax Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great benefits and time off. Immature and lazy coworkers. Poor mgmt
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 16, 2019
Great benefits but poorly managed. Coworkers lazy and have non caring attitude towards patients. Advancement depends on who you know and not qualifications. Work ethic is little to none. Stressful because coworkers are backbiting and lazy and talk about each other behind each others backs. Pay is alright but some people make more even with same qualifications. I've been there for 4 yrs with 2 raises. 23 cents and 25 cents. Good hours 7am to 3pm. Ok place to work but nothing to get super excited about. Professional coworkers not really all that professional and talk about patients behind their backs...very immature. Overall, it's a job but that's it.
Pros
Benefits and hours
Cons
Unprofessional, no raises, poor mgmt, lazy staff
Cna ii
Certified Nursing Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCMarch 26, 2019
I worked on the 3rd floor (PCU) co workers are good to work with but management is poor and unorganized. Patient case load is overwhelming. Too much ro b expected of a CNA and no pay to go with it.
Pros
Having a job to come to
Cons
Bad manager, alot of patients to care for and understaffed
Not the easiest place to work.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCMarch 14, 2019
I learned hospitals are not about helping sick people, just about making money. I wasn't ok with that. Not really allowed to comment on particulars of the job for hippa reasons.
Great place to learn skills
RN FLOAT POOL (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCNovember 11, 2018
Worked in several different areas of nursing and learned a lot of skills that I will be able to care with me for a lifetime.Offered me a job straight our of nursing school and we will to allow me all the supervision I needed to learn and implement new skills.
Pros
Learning new skills as a nurse
Cons
Hours/pay
Hospital staff is friendly and most are team players. Regular staff raises does not reflect works performed!!
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCAugust 24, 2018
A great local place to work for job security. Advancement is possible but not pressured. There is a referral program going on for licensed nursing personnel.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
No merit raises
Busy working environment
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCAugust 3, 2018
Considered a good place to work. Normal shift was busy during the daytime but not as busy during night shift but still moderate stress. Enjoyed working with fellow employees. Professional.
Workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCApril 23, 2018
The overall job was okay but it’s just so much that the nursing assistant has to do the job can be stressful depending on the department you work in it’s a learning experience
Productive and pleasant work environment
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Halifax County, NCMarch 28, 2018
A typical day at work was providing customer service to visitors and employees within the cafeteria.
I learned that customers are always right.
Management was awesome in regard to the treatment and care of their employees.
The hardest part of the job was having to leave for FMLA.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interactions with the customers.
Pros
Awesome communication with management.
Cons
The amount of pay.
Enjoyed my time at halifax
Denial Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCMarch 26, 2018
I enjoyed my work experience at HRMC. I choose to leave to start my own business. I would recommend employment to anyone that is interested to work there.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
location
The hardest part of the Job
Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 14, 2018
Taking Call for the cardiac cath lab is the most unenjoyable part of the job.It's Very hard on your personal life. The call pay is very low and hasn't been raised in the last twenty years. The management blows it off every year. There is an agreement between all the local hospitals to keep the call pay very low..
Interesting job,great staff.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCFebruary 1, 2018
Great staff,good job and benefits.More Security staff needed.wages could be better.Security was a great job.Each day presented different challenges dealing with staff,patients and all visitors
Pros
Staff, benefits.
Cons
No chance for advancement.
Waste of my time
Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJanuary 27, 2018
Wonderful on the job training. Mostly misrepresented job requirements. I did not like being told to work a mandatory 12 hour shift in addition to the usual 36 for the week. We all have lives. You can be pulled to work on any floor besides the one you were "hired" for. As a nurse you may have to work as a CNA.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
productiveand fun work place
CNA/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870January 15, 2018
Professional setting with great advance opportunity. Productive social and interactive setting to learn and grow as well gain great customer skills ability.
Pros
Caring team leader
Cons
short breaks
great place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCDecember 11, 2017
Very nice environment to work we are just like a big family. Lots of compassion and caring atypical day at work is getting your job done in a timely manner its always great to work in a area that you have supportive team players that are always willing to help and guide one another
Pros
good working eviroment
Cons
Great Hospital with a loving staff!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 8, 2017
This is a great hospital to work for! The training experience was difficult due to the fact that I had 5 different preceptors. My preceptor had external circumstances that kept the consistency from staying on track and 2 of my preceptors were float nurses from CSO. The remainder were unaware that I would be following them until after the beginning of my shift, which made for receiving report twice on 2 different patient care loads very confusing.
Pros
Warm and welcoming environment in the hospital
Cons
Inconsistent training with my preceptor
LIke my Job
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCNovember 8, 2017
Working at Halifax Regional has been and still is a fun place to work but could be challenging at times overall I take my job seriously.. I will not bad mouth my current job or position. It's just that I have been set in stone for some time now and it is time for me to advance to something different. I could only speak about management in my department I feel that they are ok. There is no hard part to my job except having to train people who are coming in making more money than the next which that is most jobs now a days. The most enjoyable part of my job is my patients. I am a person who loves to help people, no matter what the situation is, making my patients smile or vice versa has made my day...
Okay place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCOctober 3, 2017
We have good workers; They're nice and work together well as a team. Manager could be understanding sometimes. Patient load can be very intense sometime, and also very demanding.
Great Work Place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCSeptember 19, 2017
HRMC is a great place to work, The management does a great job and the employee get along good with one another. The only reason I would think about leaving the hospital would be base on pay.
Pros
Great Place to work
Good Experience with Family Unity
Medication Reconciliation Technician (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCSeptember 6, 2017
Halifax Regional Medical Center is a great initial place to work. People are amazing and family centered co workers. Typical work day was doing night shift-12 hours.
Learned the importance importance of Halifax County through the people that are low-income, poorly educated. Desire to educated and meet the needs of the people in the area.
difficult place to work due to poor management
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCAugust 13, 2017
The business itself does not seem to care about the patients or employees.Some managers target certain employees to be mistreated, lied about, and harassed. But their "friends" are allowed to do whatever they want, including adding to the daily drama. When a manager doesn't know how to do their job, they get mad at the ones who show them up and start yelling at them.They do not hire enough people so the ones there are overworked. It could be a good place to work if some changes were made to fix the problems. Some staff members care about people and want to be able to help them in peace.
Pros
helping patients, some caring staff members
Cons
bad managers, unfair treatment, negative workplace, poorly run, understaffed